• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So Alliance lost Southshore, Astranaar and now Theramore while Horde still only lost the useless Taurajo town? Can Alliance destroy something like Crossroads or Tarren Mill maybe?

McNei1y

Bisnic said:
So Alliance lost Southshore, Astranaar and now Theramore while Horde still only lost the useless Taurajo town? Can Alliance destroy something like Crossroads or Tarren Mill maybe?

You be quiet. Take one of those towns from us and we'll take your (alliance) life.

Bisnic

McNei1y said:
You be quiet. Take one of those towns from us and we'll take your (alliance) life.

Hey now, all the time i've been playing Horde in the past, Alliance players loved attacking the Crossroads and ganking low lvls. Maybe its time to give them what they want. :p

McNei1y

Bisnic said:
Hey now, all the time i've been playing Horde in the past, Alliance players loved attacking the Crossroads and ganking low lvls. Maybe its time to give them what they want. :p

I love PVP servers for a few reasons: 1) low level PVP in STV is my favorite experience in wow. 2) Every other equal level world pvp is pretty awesome. 3) Defending Xroads and Tarren Mill in Vanilla (and some times after) have always been a blast. SS vs Taren Mill was amazing. Don't get rid of it!! (well they got rid of SS v Taren Mill pvp so don't get rid of Xroads! Just give Tarren Mill to alliance so the sides reverse.)

They do need to equal it out though. Ashenvale and Aszhara seem out of the picture since Horde have pretty much taken everything. Ya'll can have our outpost in Feralas :D

Alex

cupcakes.jpg

Hahaha

inter

I quit about a week after hitting 85 on my DK and have been considering coming back to mess around and see the stuff I didn't get to see. Should I wait for 4.3 or is it worth it to come back now?

RPGCrazied

So they basically shot down the idea for more slots on a server. I really don't want to delete any of my toons, nor do I want to play a new one on a new server. ;/

RPGCrazied said:
So they basically shot down the idea for more slots on a server. I really don't want to delete any of my toons, nor do I want to play a new one on a new server. ;/

When did they say this? It sounded to me like they were looking into it.

Rokam

I have 10 characters, will you add an 11th slot so we can have all 11 classes?

Not sure just yet, might keep the current character cap but let you have them on any realm, so you can have many many charaters on one realm.

Thoraxes

They did mention just doing an account-wide character pool instead of limiting you by server.
So you could potentially have all your accounts characters on one server.

Will that happen? Who knows.

Alex

I'm surprised no one said anything about Samwise coming out and dropping all of the hate speech. I'm not interested in the faction nonsense, Warcraft faction rivalry is not even remotely interesting and cursing a lot, dropping slurs on gays, etc will not make it any moreso. However, it's really classless and the last thing this community needs is official endorsement to act more hateful and socially inept.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Alex said:
I'm surprised no one said anything about Samwise coming out and dropping all of the hate speech. I'm not interested in the faction nonsense, Warcraft faction rivalry is not even remotely interesting and cursing a lot, dropping slurs on gays, etc will not make it any moreso. However, it's really classless and the last thing this community needs is official endorsement to act more hateful and socially inept.
What?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Haha I logged into Uldum and though "wow, what a pretty sunrise".

DAEATHWING comes and blasts my ass on the only character I have the feat of strength on.

Tamanon

Banned
DeathNote said:
Haha I logged into Uldum and though "wow, what a pretty sunrise".

DAEATHWING comes and blasts my ass on the only character I have the feat of strength on.

That's how all my Deathwing deaths go.

"Huh, something wrong with my shaders? I think my monitor might be goin.....DAMMIT"

Sai-kun

Banned
Alex said:

Wait, what?

Alex said:
What the hell are you talking about?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Alex said:
So... never make a vague post and not reply for almost 12 hours and counting please. Shit.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Is it possible to game the lockout system this way?:

Say I clear 6/7 on an ALT.

Next week would I be able to extend my lockout and force everyone to accept 6/7 then I leave,log onto my main, and accept 6/7?

Rinse and repeat for a Rag safety net if we don't feel like clearing certain bosses?

Aeris130

HC modes share the same lockout just like all locks in wrath. The others can join your alt and jump straight to 6/7, but they can't kill any bosses on HC, since that'll generate a separate lockout for them that can't be merged with your alts.

Should work on Normal though.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Aeris130 said:
HC modes share the same lockout just like all locks in wrath. The others can join your alt and jump straight to 6/7, but they can't kill any bosses on HC, since that'll generate a separate lockout for them that can't be merged with your alts.

Should work on Normal though.
You confused me. lol.

This is what I want to do:
Step 1: Get 6/7 N on my alt.
Step 2: Down Heroic Shannox and Heroic Beth on our mains then disband.
Step 3: Form a new group with my 6/7N alt to boost everyone to 6/7N.
Step 4: Leave the group, join on my main, zone in and be boosted to 6/7N with everyone else and down Rag N.

Edit: If that works, can the alt be used to boost everyone again over and over?

Disclaimer: Morality is low right now in the guild and no one can use loot from 6/7 Normal. I want to have a heroic Shann at least and Normal Rag kills back to back for a week or two to keep the guild alive.

yacobod

Banned
Subliminal said:
It was more that white trash fat fuck who thought it was funny to call people faggots and swear at everyone.

if anyone was offended by his intro video they need to kill themselves.

notworksafe

Welp...between an injury keeping me housebound for the next few months and some huge boredom, I'm considering resubbing once again. Any US player feel like tossing me a rez scroll?

PM me and I'll give you my bnet address. Is that still what it wants?

Got it!

Magnus

Question:

What's the current state of heirloom item sharing amongst all your characters? To my understanding they used to be mailable to any characters that were on the same account and server as the originating mailing character, though apparently faction didn't matter (?).

Please tell me this has somehow changed.

What's stopping me from rolling a brand new level 1 toon on the GAF server or any other is that I can't use my BoA items, guild perks, gold etc. on a new server.

Bisnic

Magnus said:
Question:

What's the current state of heirloom item sharing amongst all your characters? To my understanding they used to be mailable to any characters that were on the same account and server as the originating mailing character.

Please tell me this has somehow changed.

What's stopping me from rolling a brand new level 1 toon on the GAF server or any other is that I can't use my BoA items, guild perks, etc. on a new server.

You can only mail heirlooms to characters on the same realm. Factions doesn't matter. But that's about it.

Alucrid

Banned
LOL. That video was just so goddamn lame.

Soooo metal.

Dear god, they dress like the giant man children they are.

On another note, I feel like I see horde players less than ever nowadays. I mean, the only time is when I'm entering Firelands. Or pvp, when/if I do it, but on the server I hardly run into them.

giri

Alucrid said:
LOL. That video was just so goddamn lame.

Soooo metal.

Dear god, they dress like the giant man children they are.

On another note, I feel like I see horde players less than ever nowadays. I mean, the only time is when I'm entering Firelands. Or pvp, when/if I do it, but on the server I hardly run into them.
As someone who has just re-subbed (quit when TBC came out, played from beta --> TBC) it's odd to see how little "world" interaction there is. I'm re-leveling a brand new priest (cause i can) and playing on my hunter, doing TBC content. And ..... i just rarely ever see another player doing actual content, let alone opposite faction.

I'm hoping it goes up in the zones that are around newer content. But most of the world seems to have like 0 population in the zones now.

I will say, the new 1 - 60 leveling is fantastic :O

giri said:
As someone who has just re-subbed (quit when TBC came out, played from beta --> TBC) it's odd to see how little "world" interaction there is. I'm re-leveling a brand new priest (cause i can) and playing on my hunter, doing TBC content. And ..... i just rarely ever see another player doing actual content, let alone opposite faction.

I'm hoping it goes up in the zones that are around newer content. But most of the world seems to have like 0 population in the zones now.

I will say, the new 1 - 60 leveling is fantastic :O

Leveling is pretty much solo now, Its better than before, when Leveling was just done when you weren't being camped by a max level player

giri

Subliminal said:
Leveling is pretty much solo now, Its better than before, when Leveling was just done when you weren't being camped by a max level player
lol. yeah, i've basically skipped every dungeon on my way to lvl 30 on the priest (done in only like 12 hours /played. Insane compared to what i'm used too).

Hoping to get some in on the hunter though, on TBC content, as i've never done it so would just like to go through once or twice.

Though there have been a few changes i find really odd. The ... gold distribution is just baffeling. stuff selling for 20k? so odd.

Top Bottom