• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
As for this guild you wanna do on Area 52, i could make a character here, but dont expect me to play him much once 4.3 is released since i've got a bunch of more important characters to play.

Alex

Mark of Kri was awesome, too bad Sony can't make shit like that anymore instead of 50 different shooters.

Pollux

echoshifting said:
Chomp

I need to decide what I want to play first
Sounds good man. When you do go to the mailbox and shoot me a message if neither Aederick or Eatplaymoo are online.

Bisnic said:
As for this guild you wanna do on Area 52, i could make a character here, but dont expect me to play him much once 4.3 is released since i've got a bunch of more important characters to play.
No worries, considering this is a casual thing. We all have mains that we'll kill things with once 4.3 comes out. But then after you do that you'll have something to come back to while waiting for the Panda Bear.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I'm up for joining the gaf guild. Not sure how much i can put into it as I've got another server waiting for me when I can be bothered going back. I thought it'd be a fun diversion. Logging on in a sec.

G-Fex

Fuck yeah it's Call to arms weekend in AV.

I gotta get my Mage to 85 he's already 80.

I forgot how much I love my frosty mage and his ice pun macros I made for him.

And those ice bolts fucking cause damage.

G-Fex said:
Fuck yeah it's Call to arms weekend in AV.

I gotta get my Mage to 85 he's already 80.

I forgot how much I love my frosty mage and his ice pun macros I made for him.

And those ice bolts fucking cause damage.

You play Alliance, don't you?

:(

Alex

1 silver = 100 copper

1 gold = 100 silver

I think they should put in platinum with as much money there is floating around today.

Miletius

My main is on A52 so if you guys need seed money or whatever just hit me up. Name is same as my Neogaf name (Miletius).

I don't have a ton of gold, so... don't hit me up for 7 bank tabs or whatever. I can also enchant and tailor stuff if you guys need somebody to do that for you.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
B-Dex said:
Is there any footage of people playing on the wandering isle? AKA Panda start zone? Or did blizz ban filming it?

I've been trying to find out about this myself. I presume the lack of any footage must mean they haven't allowed it which is a shame 'cause I was eager to check it out.

G-Fex

CarbonatedFalcon said:
Because you were happy upon the prospect of playing AV.

Alliance is pretty heavily favored there in its current state.

You kidding? Allies almost always lost on my server in AV, one of the reasons I went horde.

Still sorta seems that way.

Pollux

Miletius said:
My main is on A52 so if you guys need seed money or whatever just hit me up. Name is same as my Neogaf name (Miletius).

I don't have a ton of gold, so... don't hit me up for 7 bank tabs or whatever. I can also enchant and tailor stuff if you guys need somebody to do that for you.
Cool...if you ever feel like starting an alt pst me (Aederick) and come join the GAF guild. More the merrier.

Sai-kun

Banned
DeathNote said:
blizzard employees apparently have 25 year game cards

They do. Pretty hilarious seeing Expires: March 31, 2036 :lol

Also, this guild is already the best thing ever.

6WXr5.jpg

Alex

Monk animations are pretty simple. Maybe it's just the age of their animation system or keeping requirements down but I do hope they're made a bit flashier, the flying kick was barely more than charge. At least they didn't show anything that involves overwrought smoke or goofy projected textures to clutter the floor so far.

Hurricane Kick as an AoE is really cool though.

Edit: I got to say, after a few days I'm surprised a lot of people are so uppity about the Pandaren. Considering the game is largely just tropes, parody and homage and has rarely had more than brief moments of seriousness (and often with animal themed races in those) I kind of question what grown men are taking from this universe if this is something crushing to them?

Personally, I just glossed over them, saw the gameplay additions I felt the game has desperately needed since WOTLK and walked away pleased. I'm not a fan of the race but hey, I dislike half the races as is, what's another one on the pile.

My only annoyance remains the character remodeling. That really should have been done for MoP launch.

Alucrid

Banned
zmoney said:
I'll be on later tonight, I have no toons over on Area 52 so I will be creating a new one. But I"ll shoot you a message tonight.

Bah. We can have two hunters (you and me) although I might roll something completely different if I'm feeling daring. I've never done anything else lol.

What's something that's not too hard to pick up?

I rolled a rogue and have no clue what i'm doing

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Rolled a Tauren Shaman for the new GAF Guild. Will pop on after work to get in touch for invite.

Edit: I'm open to switching to Warrior for tanking. I actually enjoy what little I have done and would love to learn more.

I'll be online for a good part of the day today, but I've got a friend flying in tonight that I haven't seen in a long time.

One hard and fast rule that I think we need to stick to so far is if you want an invite to the guild, you need a NeoGAF account. This'll keep things from getting too crowded with people with no real connection to this community. Everyone in the guild has invite privileges right now, so all I ask is that you ask the person requesting an invite for their NeoGAF username. No biggie. Anyone who isn't from here that wants an invite, encourage them to come check out the forums and sign up. One they're activated here, they can get an invite in game.

Does this sound good to everyone?

Pollux

keeblerdrow said:
I'll be online for a good part of the day today, but I've got a friend flying in tonight that I haven't seen in a long time.

One hard and fast rule that I think we need to stick to so far is if you want an invite to the guild, you need a NeoGAF account. This'll keep things from getting too crowded with people with no real connection to this community. Everyone in the guild has invite privileges right now, so all I ask is that you ask the person requesting an invite for their NeoGAF username. No biggie. Anyone who isn't from here that wants an invite, encourage them to come check out the forums and sign up. One they're activated here, they can get an invite in game.

Does this sound good to everyone?

Sounds good. Since he won't be on this evening I'll get on in case people want to get invites. When you get on PST "Aederick" and ask for an invite.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
keeblerdrow said:
I HAVE FOUNDED A NEOGAF GUILD ON AREA 52.

If you would like to get in on this train before it implodes in a month or so, message Eatpraymoo for an invite. The name is "NeoGAF Believe" but this can be up for debate.

WELL, the whole annual pass Diablo deal has me considering re-subbing again after not playing for over a year. Not to play WoW seriously again, but just to casually level a toon (just ONE toon this time) and explore the game and have fun with it rather than actually play end game for the sake of end game. But if a GAF guild actually happens this time, well that just may be even more reason to play once again.

Gonna have to think it over a bit...

Pollux

Mengy said:
WELL, the whole annual pass Diablo deal has me considering re-subbing again after not playing for over a year. Not to play WoW seriously again, but just to casually level a toon (just ONE toon this time) and explore the game and have fun with it rather than actually play end game for the sake of end game. But if a GAF guild actually happens this time, well that just may be even more reason to play once again.

Gonna have to think it over a bit...
If it helps your decision, at the moment because we're all rerolling it's basically a casual leveling thing that will get into the other stuff once we get into the higher levels. PM keeblerdrow for all the info, he's the one spearheading this whole thing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Art Director Chris Robinson spoke on this just moments ago at the BlizzCon Open Q&A panel. It was in reply to an attendee who brought up that, in the art panel, it was explained that the pandaren model has 10 times the bone structures of the classic races, allowing for many more facial animations.

To paraphrase his statement -- which isn't too different from what I've said here on the forums before -- we absolutely plan on updating the existing models. As Chris mentioned, we want to make sure we preserve the look and feel of the original models players have come to know and love, while vastly improving their model and animation quality to be more in-line with the newer races.

We're not going to hide behind the statement that too many players will get mad if we tamper with their models, but it's a concern -- not a concern that's going to stop us from doing it, however. I want to stress as well that it's a massive undertaking to go back and do this. And to a lot of people it's something that won't be considered shiny new content. But not only do we hear the masses of players calling for this update, we really feel it's time to bring them up to par with newer models as well.

The game continues to age, but as we have no plans of slowing down on development any time in the near future, we want to keep updating and polishing it to stand the test of time (again, without sacrificing the look and feel which has brought players in over the years)

What they're saying is that they aren't announcing it so that you don't bitch when it doesn't happen on the time table that you want.

B-Dex

The official forums have gone to hell.
Because the girl at blizzcon asked about gay characters in wow now people are posting stupid crap like why aren't there npcs with cancer and stuff.....

Truly ridiculous.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm at LAX right now. BlizzCon was fucking amazing. I met Athene and Swifty!! I have pics I may post if y'all are curious.

They are both surprisingly cool dudes, Athene seemed totally humble based on what I heard of him chatting with someone else.

vilmer_

Entropia said:
I'm at LAX right now. BlizzCon was fucking amazing. I met Athene and Swifty!! I have pics I may post if y'all are curious.

They are both surprisingly cool dudes, Athene seemed totally humble based on what I heard of him chatting with someone else.

omg that is awesome!! I know a lot of people don't like Swifty for one reason or another, but I think he's been great over the years with his sincere desire to help people and not act like a typical arena asshole. They both seem like really cool dudes :) Post them pics!!

Pollux

Iadien said:
I'll create a character later. Probably DPS, I play heals and tank a lot.
Good stuff I'll be on later too. Rolled a warlock for the first time. Really enjoying it so far

nataku

I received an email from Blizzard saying I can come back and get 14 days free... and I'm downloading the client right now. I haven't played this thing in nearly a year.

Loxley said:
Think I'll join up too.

Corncrispies - Undead Huntard :)

I think we made characters near-simultaneously...that's hilarious. I actually saw you running around and wondered if you were a gaffer

Moldybones - Undead Warrior

Jira said:
Did anyone else get a 14 day resub promotion today in their email?

Yeah, I got it for my second account that I had used to try and dual-box at one time. That account has nothing of value on it though, so it's pointless for me to play it. Like a single level 20 mage.

Top Bottom