• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Now we post screenies of our transmog gear :_D

I'm gonna stick with the Assassination dungeon set, with Ceremonial Warmaul Blood-Blades (love how I can dual wield these now, and the weapon effect overrides my enchants ^_^)

toxicum.png

Nice choice. I always loved the Gutgore ripper model. I didn't know the Blood-blade had that sweet glow.

I've been trying to farm myself a Core-hound Tooth for transmog purposes. No luck yet.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Finished all three dungeons + LFR Dragon Soul (first 4).

LFR is so easy you can't fail. Got 3 pieces of loot almost instantly since the system really encourages you to need roll everything.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Game refuses to load into the world with me if I check load out of date addons. The bar will progress a bit fairly rapidly, and then just stop for much longer than usual. After which I force quit. So I don't know if there's an issue with specific addon(s) for now, or if it's a general issue. Really kind of killing me as it disables about half my stuff.

I had the same problem. I narrowed it down to either Enchantrix or Fishing Buddy, can't be bothered founding out which but if you have one of those it's that one.

Lol the dungeon finder is broken for me now.

foAdU.png

Same prob as me, try logging out and back in. It comes and goes, could be an addon. A long shot but I also think looking at the raid finder tab may help as I'm pretty sure mine was missing but reappeared when I checked the LFR tab.

Alex

No, its restricted to the new raid wings entirely. Kinda lame. I wish theyd open it up to all, even old world ones so people can run the mechanics heavy bosses for transmog pieces.

I had the same problem. I narrowed it down to either Enchantrix or Fishing Buddy, can't be bothered founding out which but if you have one of those it's that one.

I know I have Fishing Buddy, and I'm pretty sure Enchantrix is in there too due to Auctioneer. I'll disable both of those and see how it works.

Still having issues. I got it to load by disabling more things, but I'm not sure what exactly is the problem.

Auctioneer is fucked to hell at the moment too.

I think I'll just wait it out a few days and see if updates fix it. It's not worth bothering too much with to me right now, even though I do want to get in there and go through the new heroics so I can try out LFR. My iLevel is too low to get into LFR right now as is.

Also laughed at the ridiculous few prices for gems. Someone in trade on Area 52 was trying to sell a single epic intellect gem for 20k. Some uncut epic gems were on the AH for 6k or more. That's certainly not going to last.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I took over someone's guild today, good times.

Actually, the GM hadn't been on in 9 months and everyone over initiate was the same so ANYONE in the guild could take the guild over so I thought why not me. I didn't want some douchebag screwing the guild over so I'm safe keeping it.

The quest givers being put into their respective Northrend dungeons has lived up to the hype. Best change so far. I went from early 71-73 in only 2-3 dungeons and the now easily obtainable quest rewards are a god send. I no longer have to quest. :)

Also went back to heals today too. I find it funny how crazy some players get when they know most of the dungeon won't give them any trouble. Had one hunter pull that whole dragon room in Utgarde Keep. Was so ridiculous the amount of damage coming out and in my crap gear I was just holding it together. Everyone was taking dmg which made it insane. We lost one but somehow managed to save the rest.

Still having issues.

Yea, just forget about it. I'm updating addons as they come in so I'm not having too many problems, some addon lag here and there but otherwise fine. Found out for me it was fishing buddy, I didn't even use it anyway so no big loss.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, Northrend XP/Dungeon changes are great. They even added some basic new quests like to Old Kingdom. Now instead of the one quest to kill the final boss it's a Deadmines-like chain starting with the first boss. Good XP too.

SUPARSTARX

4.3 is alt paradise. So many more ways to gear up for PVE and PVP. this will keep me busy on cold nights haha

Just finished 4/8 Dragon Soul with a raid full of people in 360-370 average ilvl.

Totally doable! Fun stuff and a fair share of coordination.

Alex

Of all of the revamps Blizzard likes to do over and over a pass of professions would be in order, one would figure. They're probably hurting the worst.

Of all of the revamps Blizzard likes to do over and over a pass of professions would be in order, one would figure. They're probably hurting the worst.

Definitely could use some love to freshen them up. They're relatively boring as is and some really have advantages over others *cough* Jewelcrafting *cough* (Yes, I have a JC, and would hate not to)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Maybe I'm just getting weird numbers, but it really seems like the Bone-Link Fetish trinket does way too much damage. I have the cheapy LFR version and it still did 6.0% of my DPS off of its proc alone. On a AoE pack it was like 16%.

Alex

Pulled myself a simple set of low profile armor with small pads off of the the AH along with some of the more rustic looking crafted weapons. I match and I'll match forever and not have my hair and shit clipping through anything. It took seven years, but what a great feeling.

Rokal

Not a fan of the new 5-mans. They feel way over-scripted, and much too easy/fast. End Time is like 2-3 trash pulls>a boss>teleport>repeat x 2. They barely resemble dungeons. Some of the boss fights have a few neat ideas, but it's definitely not the sort of dungeon content I want to play. This is what I'm afraid MoP content will be like. An ilvl debuff and a time leaderboard would not make the 4.3 dungeons compelling.

Mairu

Maybe I'm just getting weird numbers, but it really seems like the Bone-Link Fetish trinket does way too much damage. I have the cheapy LFR version and it still did 6.0% of my DPS off of its proc alone. On a AoE pack it was like 16%.

Some people have been saying a lot of the items from LFR are overbudget

I get that people are happy about everything being easy for alts & new players but personally I think the easiness is just going to make the content get stale faster :/

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Omg I hate the new Lightning Bolt visuals D:

feels like it has less impact now, looks weird too.

I told my friend the same thing, feels really weak compared to before. :(

This thread is moving pretty slowly considering a major new patch is out.

Everyone's probably too busy playing. ;)

Am I the only one that has noticed BGs not giving the right amount of honor?
Earlier today I won SotA and I felt something was off when I checked my honor amount after the win. It seemed a little lower than expected giving we won and it was my first random bg for the day.
Won EotS soon after and at the end of the game, the stats screen under "honor gained" it said 119 but I only have 100 honor on me...

TheYanger

The trinkets are just absurdly good, the LFR versions have lower numbers but the procs are basically OP in the first place. 6% sounds too high (In my experience those trinkets should average out to ~3% of your total dps) but it could just be because of gear or whatever, who knows.

Don't see a way to transmogrify with anything except what's in your inventory. Makes void storage kind of useless. I thought the entire purpose of it was to hold things that would be available for transmogrification. Instead it's just a pay bank? Anything I actually want to transmogrify with I'd store in one of real bank slots instead so I wouldn't have to pay to access it every time I got new gear.

Maybe I'm missing something.

TheYanger

Don't see a way to transmogrify with anything except what's in your inventory. Makes void storage kind of useless. I thought the entire purpose of it was to hold things that would be available for transmogrification. Instead it's just a pay bank? Anything I actually want to transmogrify with I'd store in one of real bank slots instead so I wouldn't have to pay to access it every time I got new gear.

Maybe I'm missing something.

Nope, that's how I thought it worked before PTR came up too. Void storage is still nice for toons that just have gobs too much shit, and it's not THAT expensive to pull something out and transmog it once in a while.

Alex

Seriously? Think hard about that for a second.

What am I thinking about, exactly, it'd be nice to roll out a 2H sword instead of the 2H mace I have and think is quite homely.

All I could see being an issue is PvP qualms with like dagger rogues using axes and swords but transmog sort of crossed that bridge already. I actually think weapon type transmog was one of the most asked for features, I saw it pop up a lot.

I think the problem is with people transmoging 1h's into 2h's and whatnot, esp. for PvP. On the outside of the pvp arena scene looking in, I would think that you would want to know what a person's capable of at a glance, and how to react to a rogue using daggers vs. swords vs. maces and whatnot.

As an aside, you _can_ transmog guns and bows and xbows across types, so I really do think it's a matter of visually identifying a character's abilities, since hunters don't really have much in the way of different mechanics for different types of ranged weapons.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I think the problem is with people transmoging 1h's into 2h's and whatnot, esp. for PvP. On the outside of the pvp arena scene looking in, I would think that you would want to know what a person's capable of at a glance, and how to react to a rogue using daggers vs. swords vs. maces and whatnot.

As an aside, you _can_ transmog guns and bows and xbows across types, so I really do think it's a matter of visually identifying a character's abilities, since hunters don't really have much in the way of different mechanics for different types of ranged weapons.

Daggers should stay daggers because of the skills requiring daggers, but sword, maces, axes, it would be nice to switch your current 2h sword to a 2h axe model that you like a lot. It doesnt affect gameplay at all.

Daggers should stay daggers because of the skills requiring daggers, but sword, maces, axes, it would be nice to switch your current 2h sword to a 2h axe model that you like a lot. It doesnt affect gameplay at all.

but when you start making the rules more and more convoluted (you can transmog this, but not that) not only do people feel left out (and a million rogues cried out, and were suddenly silenced) but it just starts to make less and less sense for the casual player.

It's the same reason why, despite how much it sucks, so much of the game was/is balanced around arena pvp...if you had a different set of rules for pvp and pve it wouldn't make sense for anyone but the super hardcore, which blizzard has proven time and again they don't want to do, and I applaud them for that. They've consistently said that they want to make the game not require hours of research before playing a class, picking a spec, etc. and this is just another step in that direction.

Hell, it's bad enough with the rules that are already in place (not between types unless it's ranged, no transmog'ing legendaries, etc.).

Bisnic

You forgot that you apparently cant transmog lvl 60 PVP gear unless you have the feat of strength that prove you did it back in the day...or something like that i think i saw yesterday from a blue post.

You forgot that you apparently cant transmog lvl 60 PVP gear unless you have the feat of strength that prove you did it back in the day...or something like that i think i saw yesterday from a blue post.

Really? That's...really stupid.

*shrug*

I don't know, I still think transmogrification needs a bit of work, is still in an early stage, and you know wow, nothing is in its final form. Personally I can see where some stuff doesn't make sense from a gameplay perspective (like the daggers thing) but in general I was looking forward to being able to smack someone with a 2h sword that looked like a crossbow. :p

Alex

I don't think you should be able to cross boundries like 1H, 2H, etc, but just mere type. Like maces into daggers, 2H axes into 2H swords, etc.

Transmog would be a let down if it didn't work during PvP.

Agree about convolution though. In the end I'm glad it's just in as it is. It, or a color match system, should have been in AGES ago.

What the hell? Is there a link for that, that's really goofy.

Bisnic

Just check the blue posts tracker from mmochampion, im sure its there.

Or just check the general WoW forum, i bet its still on the 1st page.

I cant link or quote anything since everything is blocked at work.

Entropia

No One Remembers
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/207518/level-60-pvp-gear-transmogrification

Thank you for coming in and posting this information, Lotharemas, it is much appreciated :)

As you can all see, it is our intention at this current point to only allow access to this gear for Transmogrification to those that received the privilege of wearing it in classic WoW. This may not be permanent though, as stated there is still a door there for us to be able to unlock and let other players access it as well at a later date.

We hope that you are all enjoying the new Transmogrification feature though as its great to reminisce by using old gear :D

What the fuck :lol

Top Bottom