• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Duki

Banned
i have no idea how to solo kael'tahs

literally dont have enough dps to down the weapons before the mages gets up and conflags me

which is retarded because people were soloing it several tiers before this one

qq

zugzug

if your seeing more ashes of a'lar around do you sorta regret that it was not removed from game maybe a year after TBC ended?

Even if I never earned it know those other people got lucky on it instead of spending 3 years farming for it.

Like for me I never earned Champion of Naa'ru being on a very low progressed server all my life Coilfang Alliance, yet I was part of the only 2 alliance kills of Lady Vashj and I had the gather the blood quest before they changed it so I was able to earn the Hand of A'dal way after TBC ended and I still felt a sense of Thank God I have something legacy that I earned at the time.

Just leaving everything in the game dilutes the point of the game the excitement of being lucky receiving. Just the same I'll never forgive removing the required I must have a druid to summon Raven Lord boss. I was perfectly fine knowing I had to put the effort to find a druid or have a druid buddy to have a chance at it.

However my point is all moot because I am not the target audience anymore for WoW. Just feelings on how a MMO should be.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I guess you may have a case if you were healing. But for dps, faster ticks = more dps.
The breakpoints matter, but it sounded like he was treating haste under the breakpoint as useless.

The breakpoints make the spell better for sure since the duration is longer but the ticks keep coming faster so you have to cast the spell less.

Rokal

I'm fine with the mounts sticking around after content has become irrelevant, but I do wish they'd remove the ability to earn titles at the end of an expansion. They're such small fluff rewards, might as well give the people who beat the content while it was relevant something permanent.

markot

Banned
I wish they had more titles and more meaningful ways to earn them, like a lot more.

Yeah, they seem to treat them like gold dust for some reason >.<

And I hate it, I only got up to knight captain on my lock, so I cant get the shoulders or hat from the old pvp days.... boo!

zugzug

I wish they had more titles and more meaningful ways to earn them, like a lot more.

Well isn't that one of the problems with WoW the designers lack of ways to create meninful and innovative ways to earn things.

Random 1% and simply clearing end boss to earn titles.

markot

Banned
They should do it like warhammer did, just for novelty things, finding certain things in the world... etc... Titles and the tome of knowledge are the only good things warhammer had goin for it, idea wise.

th3dude

What are some general money making tips? Currently I'm 525 mining and 150 blacksmithing (totally neglected it). Have a few alts with low level professions but nothing too high (a low level enchanter/tailor).

What are you favorite ways to grind for gold?

johnsmith

remember me
What are some general money making tips? Currently I'm 525 mining and 150 blacksmithing (totally neglected it). Have a few alts with low level professions but nothing too high (a low level enchanter/tailor).

What are you favorite ways to grind for gold?

I do dailies because I'm working on getting pets. Doing either the ICC tournament dailies or the firelands dailies you can get an easy 300-400g in a little over half an hour.

Duki

Banned
solo a couple of old raids every week too if youre bored of the other crap

some of em take no time at all and give good money tbh

plus now they give transmog gear too

but really playing the auction house is the only serious way to make gold

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Man, the LFR version of DW is such a fucking joke.

Cleared all of DS the very first day I checked out the raid finder.

It's so supposed to be easy. Being upset that everyone can clear through DW on the first week in Baby's First Raid mode is about as legitimate of a complaint as being upset everyone can beat Well of Eternity on the first day.

Was there anything about the group of people you downed the bosses with that made you think you would want to do even normal mode Morchok with them? Go finish normal mode DW is all I'm saying.

markot

Banned
Its pretty much just there so blizz get their money worth and more people go through the raiding content. I think its a good move considering how much usually goes into raids and the limited numbers that (used?) to go through them.

strafer

Okay, here's the deal, I love LFR.

I'm not a hardcore raider and since I love the lore in this game LFR is fucking amazing, now I can finally fight Deathwing and know what happens.

Anyway, by the time you're reading this I have already killed him, it was glorious btw, A couple of wiped because of people that didn't listen.

The ending was pretty...well...lame.

GG Blizz.

Enchanting + Jewelcrafting, so rigged.

Considering how expensive those two specific professions are to level, I'd say that works out pretty well.

Now they just have to make Engineering useful. Or profitable. Or anything. Buddy of mine is the butt end of many jokes for making an engineer.

Alex

I thought LFR would be a neat concept but way too easy, it's impossible to fail at like everything else and especially with 25 man I dont think they could ever make it with any challenge. It's a shame, like the rest of the non-raiding game it's now just another avenue to mindlessly grind small, flat upgrades.

People like to bellow about class homogenization, I dont mind it so much as I mind the gear homogenization. Gear is so boring now, only trinkets are ever any interesting. That's part of what burnt me out also, I think, I just look at patches as a +10% gear reset. Eh. It's not exciting like new dungeons in other RPGs

Be cool if maybe they could tie something in to make gear more exciting, maybe some avenues through professions, I just say that because professions are so utterly fucked at this point.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Any Rogues in here do any pickpocket grinding? I was looking through potential transmog gear last night and found a lot of stuff that drops from pickpocket loot tables.

I have probably pickpocketed like 10 mobs since I started my character a few years ago...HALP.

Wallach

Have any of the WoW servers moved physical location in the past year, or are they still working off the LA/Phoenix/Chicago/NY data centers?

Miletius

Any caster have any experience pugging FL for Smoldering essences? I'm on the last step of the quest now but I don't think my guild is going back to FL. I totally understand, we already have 3 staves in guild and I'm not one of the always there people so I wouldn't push them through FL when there is no interest. However, I'd like to get the staff just because I've come so far and it seems a shame not to complete the quest line.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
There are more locations than that (if those are accurate.)

There's a group in the Seattle area, and another in Texas.
Actually, those apparently moved to Chicago and Phoenix.
New York, New York (moved from Boston, Massachusetts on 20 July 2010)[citation needed]
Chicago, Illinois (moved from Dallas, Texas in June 2010)[citation needed]
Phoenix, Arizona (moved from Seattle, Washington as of 17 August 2010)[citation needed]
Los Angeles, California

(if that is accurate.)

http://www.wowpedia.org/US_realm_list_by_datacenter

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Playing my retired priest that I finally got to 85 a month or two ago.

What's up with Shadow Word: Death? I have to press it multiple times to go off for some dumb reason.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sigh... I've noticed one second-delay these two days in Mal'Ganis :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I saw you in trade chat this morning!
Meet me on my rock :D I've been standing here ever since I transferred to Mal'ganis and I'll probably stay here for the rest of my WoW-life... best place in Org!

gege22.jpg

Yoshichan

Well I'm at work now but I'll see if I can Where's Waldo you next time I'm logged in.
Haha, perfect!

Anyone else, feel free to join me on my rock :D

Just made some bank off reselling meta gems. A couple were priced at ~200g and they're worth much more than that now, closer to at least 600g or 800g, since Carnelians are in such high demand for transmuting, hardly anyone would bother with the minimal profit (at best) meta gem transmute.

Enchant Off-Hand Intellect also seems to be doing well, in addition to Protection for cloak, and I've sold a few Greater Staminas for Chest.

Surprisingly, I haven't moved many of the bracer enchants.

Miletius

Just made some bank off reselling meta gems. A couple were priced at ~200g and they're worth much more than that now, closer to at least 600g or 800g, since Carnelians are in such high demand for transmuting, hardly anyone would bother with the minimal profit (at best) meta gem transmute.

Enchant Off-Hand Intellect also seems to be doing well, in addition to Protection for cloak, and I've sold a few Greater Staminas for Chest.

Surprisingly, I haven't moved many of the bracer enchants.

Quite a few of the JP bracers are not optimal for most specs. My guess is people are waiting for the crafable bracers (which are optimal) to become available.

Yoshichan

Still standing on this rock guys... :(

Yoshichan

Did I just miss a GAFer? I checked my /say-log and someone was telling me that about the rock I was standing on :lol

Took 6 new heroics to get my iLevel to 372 for the raid finder. Including tank gear. Now queued up as DPS, we'll see how this goes.

And I know you guys said the new heroics were easy, but they're really fucking easy. Hardest mechanic I've seen is the Sylvanas one with the ghouls.

Tamanon

Banned
Does anybody else use the Curse Client? It seems I'm getting the Windows 7 Internet Security 2012 malware from it. I even did a complete format, only installed WoW and Microsoft Security Essentials and then the day after I installed the Curse Client, it appeared again.

Weird.

Got raid finder pants. Haven't turned em in yet though. I'll wait until I get another tier piece probably. Especially not with 3 red gems costing me almost 1000g.

Raid finder is stupidly easy though. And the Dragon Soul raid kind of sucks ass from a design perspective.

EDIT: Got in a group on Madness of Deathwing. Spending most of the fight dead here after the fucking winds didn't work properly and take me to the second platform.

TGMIII

Took 6 new heroics to get my iLevel to 372 for the raid finder. Including tank gear. Now queued up as DPS, we'll see how this goes.

And I know you guys said the new heroics were easy, but they're really fucking easy. Hardest mechanic I've seen is the Sylvanas one with the ghouls.

I run the new heroics every time a satchel is up for healer and I've had so many people run into the beams between the mobs on the Sylvanas fight. Other notable stories is a boomkin who was doing 2K DPS, no joke, and when asked how he was doing such shitty DPS he explained that he wasn't a "virgin nerd" and had a life.

Even with groups who constantly put out poor dps or tanking I'm able to just overheal the group so easy that it's just a case of smashing your head against the wall until you're done. The pets from the satchels are nice though, so far I've gotten a Blue Clockwork Rocket Bot, Mulgore Hatchling, Sen'jin Fetish, Firefly.

Top Bottom