• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

strafer

Warrior just ninjad my Felhunter staff from BT.

A WARRIOR!!!!! He can't even use a staff.

GAAHH! Now I have to wait one damn week.

Warrior just ninjad my Felhunter staff from BT.

A WARRIOR!!!!! He can't even use a staff.

GAAHH! Now I have to wait one damn week.

super-cool-story-bro.png

To be fair, Warrior's can equip staves, but there isn't any high-level warrior itemized staves for Warrior's (the only one I ever knew of was Nat Pagel's Fish Terminator http://www.wowhead.com/item=19944.) It's a flair item for him the same as it is you, it's just that he won't be using it for transmog.

All that being said, that fel hunter staff is class defining. I am trying for the priest on a stick from BT myself, and would be equally as sad.

*PATS ON BACK*

Cipherr

Did you try asking? If no one asks, I'm not gonna waste 5 min per boss explaining the fight to people who already know it. But I'll gladly explain it to someone who doesn't, all you gotta do is ask.

Of course, I wasnt the only one either, As soon as we ported in, a couple of us said it was our first run, and asked for explanations of at least the boss fights before we started them.

I run the game off of an extremely fast sata 3.0 SSD. I started typing as soon as I loaded, and by the time I finished, the tank was nearly out of sight over the horizon pulling shitloads of mobs with the priest desperately chasing him, trying to heal and keep him alive.

And its not a rare occurrence, that happened days ago, I hit 85 today, and I saw that kind of thing repeatedly in dungeon runs.

Miletius

Of course, I wasnt the only one either, As soon as we ported in, a couple of us said it was our first run, and asked for explanations of at least the boss fights before we started them.

I run the game off of an extremely fast sata 3.0 SSD. I started typing as soon as I loaded, and by the time I finished, the tank was nearly out of sight over the horizon pulling shitloads of mobs with the priest desperately chasing him, trying to heal and keep him alive.

And its not a rare occurrence, that happened days ago, I hit 85 today, and I saw that kind of thing repeatedly in dungeon runs.

Sub 85 runs are like that sadly because of how little explanation is truly needed. You can pretty much flat out ignore mechanics on everything sub 70 and almost everything from then until 80 can be overpowered by heirloom gear and a bit of know-how on the part of the healer and tank. Most of the normal mode dungeons are like that too.

Heck, I think that extends to almost all normal modes as well. Somewhat tangentially -- that's why I really wish Blizzard worked harder on making their in client voice chat work better. Explaining stuff over voice is much easier than chat. If they had good voice built in the client we might be able to have more complicated fights that require explanation.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I know how it is with shitty servers... im playing on a pvp server where my friends decided to roll a few weeks ago... and yesterday there was like 1 guy, ONE GUY, in the AH of the dwarf section of SW, and it wasnt even 4am, it was right in the middle of the afternoon. And there was like 2 or 3 guys just outside between the AH and the bank.

No wonder it was tagged "New Players" sooner this week.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Whatever you guys do...

Do NOT server transfer to Thrall. It's just full of casual moms, dads, kids and dogs. Absolute garbage if you actually want to progress.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Whatever you guys do...

Do NOT server transfer to Thrall. It's just full of casual moms, dads, kids and dogs. Absolute garbage if you actually want to progress.

There's a butt ton of Horde guilds! :eek: Are you Alliance? Then yeah, I can see it being awful.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
There's a butt ton of Horde guilds! :eek: Are you Alliance? Then yeah, I can see it being awful.
Like I said, shitty over-saturated mom and dad-guilds doesn't mean it's good. There's technically two "good" guilds in Thrall, and even those are baddies.

Yoshichan

My other characters are on Kel'thuzad, which is a pretty decent server, although nothing like Illidan or Mal'ganis.
I'm moving over to Mal'ganis soon... I don't care about it being a PvP-server now. 90-10 anyway.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I haven't ever been on a PvP server long enough to experience any world PvP, but honestly, it can't be that bad, can it?

I'd welcome a new element to my game at this point in time.

Most of the time the servers are unbalanced and people just run off.

Alex

Ghostcrawlers big post makes me sad, specifically the part about leveling being too simple since we all know if it was changed to require ANY brain activity at all they'd squish it back down to nothingness after the first forum complaint. Cataclysm has made me very bitter in that regard.

Start of Cata: We want dungeons to be hard, suck it up and deal with it
End of Cata: Losing subs, unleash two room, cutscene laden shitfests that are impossible to fail at.

It'd be nice if they realized the issue was design clashing with the miasma that is LFD, but instead of attempting to thoughtfully remedy anything they instead chose to panic and dumb it so far down that we're now below where the WOTLK content was.

By 5.3 dungeons are just going to be a big empty room with a chest in it.

Rokam

I'm moving over to Mal'ganis soon... I don't care about it being a PvP-server now. 90-10 anyway.

I've experienced PvP once on Mal'Ganis, a bunch of alliance were camping people in the Molten Front, I just ran past them. I think they may have been the only alliance I've ever seen as well.

Yoshichan

I've experienced PvP once on Mal'Ganis, a bunch of alliance were camping people in the Molten Front, I just ran past them. I think they may have been the only alliance I've ever seen as well.
hahahahah

Yoshichan

This felt good. Probably the most satisfying thing I've done in my entire life. See you later Thrall, you casual sons of bitches.

bVTDS.jpg

My favorite staff has always been the Terestian's Stranglestaff from Kara even though it's a lot easier to obtain. Love the tentacles waving about.
images

But Greatstaff of the Devourer is pretty cool, too.
images

http://imgur.com/iHwV9

Had trouble with embedding, but here's a screenshot I took the other day. Absolutely one of my favorite places in the game. Just so much atmosphere. Really wish I could have been here in Vanilla, without Dungeon Finder, with all the end-game dungeons and raids concentrated here.

Fantastic design - simply beautiful.

Unrelated (but I don't really have anywhere else to put it), resubbed to EVE Online for a month. Lost my big battleship today trying to do a mission. Thankfully I remembered to insure it. Worth over 90 million ISK modules included, got ~80 million off the insurance. Still, kind of a setback in terms of making money there. I want to try and get to the point where I can buy a month with the in-game money. Which costs about 400 million ISK. (The numbers are much larger than WoW gold.)

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
http://imgur.com/iHwV9

Had trouble with embedding, but here's a screenshot I took the other day. Absolutely one of my favorite places in the game. Just so much atmosphere. Really wish I could have been here in Vanilla, without Dungeon Finder, with all the end-game dungeons and raids concentrated here.

Fantastic design - simply beautiful.

It's still quite an impressive area and the memories tied to it are very strong. I got a little sick of it before I quit a month or two after Cataclysm because I'd be running BWL every week with the Old World Raiders group to get my damn Druid T2 head, but everything about that area in the past is filled with nostalgia. Raids against raids was always a highlight and it was hilarious to hear the raid leader cry over vent because we were wasting time killing Alliance. PVP server bub, red = dead!

One of the more fun moments was about 2 weeks prior to Cataclysm where some of the bigger guilds on Moon Guard organised an RP event situated around Blackrock and the two zones of the Steppes and Gorge. The story went that the Dwarves were defending a Horde push and the final battle was above the flame and lava. Was great fun to have 2 full raids of Horde against 3 full raids of Alliance. Almost like old times except for the corpse camping heh.

Yoshichan

Oh wow... Mal'Ganis is... hectic (as expected).

Yoshichan

Really liking my current design! I don't look like a resto druid, but I don't give a shit!

EUUVF.jpg

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
One of the servers I'm playing on now used to be awful with spamming. I used to play on it a year or two before and when I come back it was like people were trying to outdo one another with how quickly you could spam. It was like a race.
I had to ignore about 20 people before it become readable again, such a joke. This was just before they limited the posts to 2 every so often.

Yoshichan

Yeeeeeeep! Moving to Mal'ganis = Best choice ever. GG!

Yoshichan

Anyone have any idea why I'm not getting the 9th tick of Wild Growth and Efflorescence?

2005: 9th tick of Wild Growth and Efflorescence.

My current haste: 1742 (13.46%) + Dark Intent = (16.87%) which results in me having 2126,15 haste which is above the breakpoint for the 9th tick.

What pisses me off even more is that I asked a boomkin for his passive buff that gives me approximately 640 which should result in me having a total of 2364,25 (which is MUCH more than the breakpoint) and it's still not giving me the 9th fucking tick. What's wrong with my calculations? When I regrowth myself and get Nature's Grace (15% haste, which gives me a total of 3644,75), I get the 9th tick obviously... but ANY buff outside of that, it's stuck on 8th tick.

PLEASE tell me what I'm doing wrong here.

edit: TLDR
I have 1742 haste, I want to reach 2005 to get special bonuses. I manage to get above 2005 haste, yet I'm not getting my bonus. What is going on here?

TheYanger

Anyone have any idea why I'm not getting the 9th tick of Wild Growth and Efflorescence?

2005: 9th tick of Wild Growth and Efflorescence.

My current haste: 1742 (13.46%) + Dark Intent = (16.87%) which results in me having 2126,15 haste which is above the breakpoint for the 9th tick.

What pisses me off even more is that I asked a boomkin for his passive buff that gives me approximately 640 which should result in me having a total of 2364,25 (which is MUCH more than the breakpoint) and it's still not giving me the 9th fucking tick. What's wrong with my calculations? When I regrowth myself and get Nature's Grace (15% haste, which gives me a total of 3644,75), I get the 9th tick obviously... but ANY buff outside of that, it's stuck on 8th tick.

PLEASE tell me what I'm doing wrong here.

edit: TLDR
I have 1742 haste, I want to reach 2005 to get special bonuses. I manage to get above 2005 haste, yet I'm not getting my bonus. What is going on here?

Typically breakpoints are calculated assuming buffs, so you can't just grab a bunch of buffs and convert their percents to ratings and THEN hope to get it. (That's not how percentage buffs work with ratings anyway in the first place btw, All ratings are added together, then given a percentage, and then all of the percentages compound on each other rather than adding).

Yoshichan

Sigh... you're right. It's 2005 without buffs.

Fuck my life.

Well, there goes another 50000000000g for reforging and re-gemming.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Looks like you need less.

1573: 9th tick of Wild Growth and Effloresence with Dark Intent. If you have DI, you only have to make it to here instead of 2005 to get this nice bonus.

But, I don't have a drood.

Also,

Unless otherwise noted, entries in this list assume a 5% haste buff from a Moonkin, Shadow Priest, or Shaman totem.

Yoshichan

So after billions of gold spent on reforging... I noticed that Blizzards brilliant tier-design won't allow me to reach 2005 anyway. Not unless I start re-gemming and I'm not doing that. So I reforged back to mastery and haste and LOE AND BEHOLD, I haven't lost a single tick on either reju, WG or LB, and I've literally lost over 700 haste.

If that isn't living proof of how broken the haste-stat is, then I don't know. Either you have 900 or 2005... everything in between that means you're getting ZERO benefits. Fucking broken.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So after billions of gold spent on reforging... I noticed that Blizzards brilliant tier-design won't allow me to reach 2005 anyway. Not unless I start re-gemming and I'm not doing that. So I reforged back to mastery and haste and LOE AND BEHOLD, I haven't lost a single tick on either reju, WG or LB, and I've literally lost over 700 haste.

If that isn't living proof of how broken the haste-stat is, then I don't know. Either you have 900 or 2005... everything in between that means you're getting ZERO benefits. Fucking broken.

Doesn't it tick faster?

ch0mp

Save yourself some gold next time. www.wowreforge.com

Number45

If you check the Wowhead page for the various instances they have a nice succint summary of what's required for the heroic modes of the bosses, and of course lots of helpful comments (that are now much easier to wade through). Definitely worth checking it out in advance, because as you've noticed not everyone wants to help. :(

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I transferred to Mal'ganis alone for a while once. PUGS and gold DKP runs left and right.

I xfered off to be with friends, but it was nice.

TheYanger

Well yeah, sure, but it's still more HPS if it's ticking faster, right?

As long as you're not GCD locked, yes. The question is whether it's more HPS than spending those same points through reforging into say Mastery, which I'm pretty sure it's not. But yeah, you're right that it ticks faster and should be more hps (Though it also means you need to reapply it faster and it's eating into your globals).

5 ticks IS 5 ticks, but 5 ticks in 4 seconds is more hps than 5 ticks in 5 seconds, assuming you can immediately reapply it.

Yoshichan

Also, forgot to reply, but Mal'ganis is the shit. I don't think I'll ever go anywhere else again. Feel free to hit me up for whatever on Marza anytime.
Will do for sure man!
Well yeah, sure, but it's still more HPS if it's ticking faster, right?
Yeah but for me, a slightly faster tick isn't better than gaining over 600 mastery (when reforging all gear) :(. I'll just wait until my gear is capable of reaching 2005 without any hassle.

Top Bottom