• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Number45

I hate people sometimes... i need to buy some glyphs for my priest that is on a server where i dont have any 85s, so i only have 1000g. And all the fucking glyphs i want are sold for 300g, while everything else is below 100. Almost want to transfer this priest to my main server so i can make the glyphs myself.

If they're too expensive when I'm new on a realm, I just forego them until I can afford them.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If they're too expensive when I'm new on a realm, I just forego them until I can afford them.

I use orange gems even in red sockets on alts because I can't afford 300g red gems for 7 characters.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I use orange gems even in red sockets on alts because I can't afford 300g red gems for 7 characters.

I'm wondering if i should do that too, looking for ores, prospecting and hoping for inferno rubies/carnelians while flying all over Twilight Highlands isn't really fun.

Thankfully, i'm only gearing three lvl 85s now, not 7. =|

mackattk

They're also one-time use items. They're not quite consumables. You only need them once on each character, so the price is high to make up for selling fewer than you would when at least some specs needed to carry stacks of glyphs around for utility.

The profession really is in a weird place.

I do have all the glyphs on my shammy though. Would definitely be less attached there if he wasn't so useful in that respect. Funny thing is, I don't even use him to make money. Selling glyphs is super annoying since there are over 200 I think. Just gets messy.

Same here, one of my characters has all the glyphs, but with almost 20 different types of ink, four types of parchments, and an insane amount of different types of glyphs, it is just way too much time and hassle to try and make a profit out of it.

Just going through all the glyphs and seeing what is selling high is a days worth of work.

Rokam

Blizzard should just add in glyphs buyable from vendors, like those shitty white gems you can buy in outland. Don't even have to include them all just useful ones for leveling for new players. Obviously not as good as the real glyphs.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
GIMPS! ALL OF YOU!

Rokam

I have a shit ton of gold on all my guys, the problem is I'm a chronic reroller, I have about 3-4 character slots left, the rest are filled with people 60+ :(, spread out over numerous servers.

GIMPS! ALL OF YOU!

Psh, why even bother upgrading gear when I could still do at least top 10 dps in LFR with mostly T11 stuff.

Psssssshhh.

(Being a filthy rich STR-based character helped though - I could sell Agi or Int red gems for a good bit more than STR gems were going for, and just buy STR gems.)

I feel like I'm betraying someone talking in here right now though since my WoW account is canceled and I'm currently playing SWTOR (and a bit of EVE). Shhhhhh!

Miletius

Psh, why even bother upgrading gear when I could still do at least top 10 dps in LFR with mostly T11 stuff.

Psssssshhh.

(Being a filthy rich STR-based character helped though - I could sell Agi or Int red gems for a good bit more than STR gems were going for, and just buy STR gems.)

I feel like I'm betraying someone talking in here right now though since my WoW account is canceled and I'm currently playing SWTOR (and a bit of EVE). Shhhhhh!

It's not even about the cost for me so much, it's just the return on investment. I could dump money on my alt, but it's just not worth it with what I plan to do with him.

I think a lot of us are playing SWToR on the side. I know I am, at least. I haven't cancelled WoW though, on account of the 1 year commitment and the fact that I'm still raiding on WoW.

strafer

Feldrake.

Warlock Flying Mount or TCG.

374903_340221029322133_132326176778287_1355432_1847955696_n.jpg

Red UFO

Whenever I log into this game my router loses connection, but it doesn't say it has, so I have to go onto the settings, disconnect it from the internet and reconnect it for it to start working again. Is my router broken?

lordmrw

I created a rogue on Stormrage and I ran into this problem a bit. Since it isn't my main server I was starting off broke so I've only managed to buy 10 or 12 of them so far and I'm level 48.

Rokam

For those who have no gold, pick up fishing and head to the Darkmoon Fair, those pools of wreckage almost always contain cloth and either potions, herbs, leather, or ore. At level 50 I'm nearing 2k gold just from farming there. And it's a substantial amount from each crate.

th3dude

For those who have no gold, pick up fishing and head to the Darkmoon Fair, those pools of wreckage almost always contain cloth and either potions, herbs, leather, or ore. At level 50 I'm nearing 2k gold just from farming there. And it's a substantial amount from each crate.

Nice tip, thanks!

Magnus

I no longer raid actively with my guild, but I do join LFR every week for one full DS run. All my caster guildies hate me because no caster trinkets have dropped in any of their Normal DS runs, but in my LFR run last week, I actually saw all three drop, and....somehow won all three of them too, lol. Plus the t13 chest, lol. All told, since DS launched, I've won 16 pieces of gear in LFR....lol. Silly RNG.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-r5bhrhgb8qurdh66/

Meters were a little more even between melee and ranged last night but still losing to arms war every fight. Yorshaz is the most obvious disparity.

Had to go arcane for Zonozz. Fire is just really bad for a lot of things in this game... although if the MMO-champ QQ thread I'm reading is any indication I should be out-dpsing everyone else in the raid by 8k on every fight as fire. :(

TheYanger

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-r5bhrhgb8qurdh66/

Meters were a little more even between melee and ranged last night but still losing to arms war every fight. Yorshaz is the most obvious disparity.

Had to go arcane for Zonozz. Fire is just really bad for a lot of things in this game... although if the MMO-champ QQ thread I'm reading is any indication I should be out-dpsing everyone else in the raid by 8k on every fight as fire. :(

Your warrior is extremely good, it looks like.

New player (like almost completely new) starting on Bladefist.

Is there a Gaf guild I should join?

GAF Horde Guild is on Area 52 (see the thread on this page or page 2 of Community).

We're kind of in hiatus now though, especially in the current space of content lifecycle. So really, just do whatever floats your boat.

What's a good way to play a retri paladin? I'm getting lousy DPS currently. Of course, I'm mainly in PVP gear to get a better gearscore but is that all the difference?

I'm finding that I run out of buttons to press in my rotation because of cooldowns, maybe that's a problem?

Rokal

What's a good way to play a retri paladin? I'm getting lousy DPS currently. Of course, I'm mainly in PVP gear to get a better gearscore but is that all the difference?

I'm finding that I run out of buttons to press in my rotation because of cooldowns, maybe that's a problem?

Review the EJ thread here and make sure you are spec'd/geared/reforged correctly, and also that you are following a good dps rotation. The thread should cover pretty much everything.

bjb

Banned
I don't ever envision myself playing WoW again, so I thought perhaps I might pass on one tidbit of knowledge I uncovered before quitting.

How to make a fuck ton of gold:

Basically just buying and reselling epic BoE's. Whether it be armor / weapons etc. For example, when Firelands came out, I had probably around 10k in my pocket. Maybe 20k during a good week.

I started noticing that the Chinamen would put their auctions up early in the morning after farming or running their own raids. I began playing the market and would buy the reasonably priced BoE's. Then resell any item for 2-10k more than what I bought it for.

There's plenty of times where idiots or sellers in general will just throw something really valuable up (wanting to make a quick grab), and you can easily sell it for double of what you paid initially.

2,000 gold may not seem like a lot at first, but when you're doing it everyday, and possibly getting lucky - selling quite a few every day, it adds up very quickly.

By the time I quit (right before Dragonsoul came out), I had well over 150,000 gold (easily). Keep in mind I only started doing this for maybe two or three weeks. I'd imagine the same principles will apply when any new content / raids are released.

There will be times when you may lose money, or just break even. If you're savvy, however, it can certainly be a very profitable endeavor.

One last thing, the Chinese want to get rid of their stock asap, when they're online during the morning time, you can PST them to negotiate. I would always undercut the shit of their initial offer.

More often than not - they'll sell it to you, assuming you're nice and to hassle them too much. If you have two accounts at your disposal, log into a dummy account and offer them significantly less than what your main character is proposing, it's an easy to to make them budge.

thatbox

Banned

Learn how to use CLCInfo. Will take an hour or two to set up, but there are guides on EJ and elsewhere.

I don't ever envision myself playing WoW again, so I thought perhaps I might pass on one tidbit of knowledge I uncovered before quitting.

How to make a fuck ton of gold:

Basically just buying and reselling epic BoE's. Whether it be armor / weapons etc. For example, when Firelands came out, I had probably around 10k in my pocket. Maybe 20k during a good week.

I started noticing that the Chinamen would put their auctions up early in the morning after farming or running their own raids. I began playing the market and would buy the reasonably priced BoE's. Then resell any item for 2-10k more than what I bought it for.

There's plenty of times where idiots or sellers in general will just throw something really valuable up (wanting to make a quick grab), and you can easily sell it for double of what you paid initially.

2,000 gold may not seem like a lot at first, but when you're doing it everyday, and possibly getting lucky - selling quite a few every day, it adds up very quickly.

By the time I quit (right before Dragonsoul came out), I had well over 150,000 gold (easily). Keep in mind I only started doing this for maybe two or three weeks. I'd imagine the same principles will apply when any new content / raids are released.

There will be times when you may lose money, or just break even. If you're savvy, however, it can certainly be a very profitable endeavor.

One last thing, the Chinese want to get rid of their stock asap, when they're online during the morning time, you can PST them to negotiate. I would always undercut the shit of their initial offer.

More often than not - they'll sell it to you, assuming you're nice and to hassle them too much. If you have two accounts at your disposal, log into a dummy account and offer them significantly less than what your main character is proposing, it's an easy to to make them budge.

That business is high risk, high reward. I mostly stayed out of it, especially if you're dealing with an item you or your alts can't even use. A wrong move, or the RNG gods smile down upon other people (resulting in tons of the same BoE), and you could easily find yourself with a 10k, 20k, or more digital paperweight.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Posted?

Coming in Patch 4.3.2 - Cross-Realm Raids
We previously introduced the ability to form cross-realm parties with Real ID friends, and now with Patch 4.3.2, we're adding the ability for players to use that same functionality to form raids to run older normal or heroic raids, or participate in Battlegrounds!

This will allow you to join up with your Real ID friends from other realms and:

Form a cross-realm raid and use Raid Finder
Jump in to any classic dungeon or raid and be automatically placed in the same instance
Join forces and dominate the Battlegrounds

Please note, you will not yet be able to run normal or Heroic Dragon Soul with cross-realm Real ID raids.

As we look forward to the BattleTag system, it’s a very exciting time for World of Warcraft. No matter what realm you and your friends are on you’ll be able to team up and take on group content throughout the game.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

Posted?

Coming in Patch 4.3.2 - Cross-Realm Raids
We previously introduced the ability to form cross-realm parties with Real ID friends, and now with Patch 4.3.2, we're adding the ability for players to use that same functionality to form raids to run older normal or heroic raids, or participate in Battlegrounds!

This will allow you to join up with your Real ID friends from other realms and:

Form a cross-realm raid and use Raid Finder
Jump in to any classic dungeon or raid and be automatically placed in the same instance
Join forces and dominate the Battlegrounds

Please note, you will not yet be able to run normal or Heroic Dragon Soul with cross-realm Real ID raids.

As we look forward to the BattleTag system, it’s a very exciting time for World of Warcraft. No matter what realm you and your friends are on you’ll be able to team up and take on group content throughout the game.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

Interesting that they're developing all this functionality when giving cheaper/free server transfers would be equivalent. Even if it was on a long cycle, like the Neural Remaps in EVE. Though it's not a bad thing, by any means. It could be kind of neat being called up to help a friend's raid if they were short one, for example, rather than PUG someone from your server. On the other hand, while distinct servers still exist, this will only further marginalize PUGs after the 10/25 thing and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Yoshichan

Gotta love the negative assholes (that always seem to exist when it comes to WoW) in my guild:

"WoW will be more dead than it is right now"
"will suck even more"
"wow is afraid of star wars" <- actual quote, trust me.

Blizzard could literally be curing cancer and people would find negative things to say.

Gotta love the negative assholes (that always seem to exist when it comes to WoW) in my guild:

"WoW will be more dead than it is right now"
"will suck even more"
"wow is afraid of star wars" <- actual quote, trust me.

Blizzard could literally be curing cancer and people would find negative things to say.

I don't think it will have a significant effect on the way things are now. It's already pretty far gone from the pre-dungeon/raid finder days as it is.

Another week of raid finder another week of losing every single to roll to someone who already has the piece they're rolling on. I'm glad i mostly do pvp and don't have to rely on this horrible community for anything.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Another week of raid finder another week of losing every single to roll to someone who already has the piece they're rolling on. I'm glad i mostly do pvp and don't have to rely on this horrible community for anything.

i'm going to assume that they're doing that for their offspec tier set.

Tor has been so good that I'm thinking of getting into this game as well. Quick question though, I noticed the box set comes with a guide for this game but I'm wondering if that guide is worthless now since I believe cataclysm changed the original game's locations and quests or is the strategy guide still useful?

i'm going to assume that they're doing that for their offspec tier set.

Bargaining chips for other loot.

Yep they were just using it for bargaining chips and what they want didn't drop they just left instantly. Couldn't even take the few seconds to give it to someone else.

Tor has been so good that I'm thinking of getting into this game as well. Quick question though, I noticed the box set comes with a guide for this game but I'm wondering if that guide is worthless now since I believe cataclysm changed the original game's locations and quests or is the strategy guide still useful?

Quests have become super easy and there is always an in game guide telling you exactly what to do and where to go. I think any sort of guide would be pretty much uselss.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member

Good question. I bought a box set a year or two ago and the guide I got was the horribly outdated one they first released but I did some quick research and the one you're talking about may actually be different. Going by the Blizz store it says "beginner's guide" I looked around and found this
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1005098-Battle.net-Brady-Games-Beginner-s-Guide-Free
I downloaded from the pdf link in that thread, it's safe.
Could be the same thing and if it is it's a lot more useful to you if you've never played the game before. It's more of a guide to Wow, an explanation on all aspects of the game.

The official WoW site does a fairly decent job now of providing the same sort of information as the beginner's guide also.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/

The older guides were made in a way where any change to the game made the information in the guides outdated. They had gear lists, zone overviews with quest location, npcs, dungeon guide, raid guides. Those guides are a lot less useful now given how much of the game has changed.

Doing old raids on Raid Finder would be a nice way to experience content, but I'm expecting that BWL will be full of paladins fighting over Judgement loot. Still, it beats doing Dragon Soul over and over.

aristotle

So I'm thinking about delving into the addiction laden WoW experience for the first time. Obviously I have no idea where to start since this will be my first MMO. I assume get the battlechest first and foremost. I also assume that the newest expansion doesn't include the expansion before it correct?

Where to start? I'm completely new and not sure what I should do first. I'm currently reading an updated beginners guide from Blizzard, but it's barebones so far. Any help or insight would be appreciated =]

Red UFO

So I'm thinking about delving into the addiction laden WoW experience for the first time. Obviously I have no idea where to start since this will be my first MMO. I assume get the battlechest first and foremost. I also assume that the newest expansion doesn't include the expansion before it correct?

Where to start? I'm completely new and not sure what I should do first. I'm currently reading an updated beginners guide from Blizzard, but it's barebones so far. Any help or insight would be appreciated =]
Just jump in and experience everything first hand. Don't buy the expansions until you're sure you want to spend time with it.

Top Bottom