• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

You can PvP at 85 without a full set of gear; just get the crafted gear. It's good enough that you'll survive pretty long, depending on the class of course.

I didn't enjoy healing on my priest at all until I got some of the better gear because healers tend to get trained. But on my rogue, I have zero pvp gear (not even crafted) but it's still pretty fun. Even if you don't do much damage, you have a lot of CC and control.

As DPS I was getting wrecked without gear, spent an afternoon running heroics and had enough valor/justice to kit myself out! Makes a hell of a difference!

Naka

Only get rewarded if people stay beyond the free week ;p

Yep, I sent out a scroll and it's been over a week. I checked and they have only accepted the free 7 day trial yet not paid for a month yet. You only get the mount once someone pays for the month.

Chris R

I never liked TBC leveling content, even now on my warrior I want to get out as soon as I can. Hoping Nagrand can take me from 64 to 68...

I liked TBC leveling but then I got the Loremaster title and now every zone in TBC can fuck right off.

Hah! I got The Seeker title relatively recently and I'm not sure if going after Loremaster is even worth it even though it wouldn't be too hard to complete at this point. I've already done all the Wrath and Cata quests, and a good portion of both BC and the Vanilla zones. The Seeker is a really great title.

Loremaster should make you answer a quiz to prove you read all the quest text
laughing_animated.gif

But seriously, that title is one I could never do. I also have a very low starting point on my main thanks to leveling in dungeons and quests from 2004-2007 not counting.

Hah! I got The Seeker title relatively recently and I'm not sure if going after Loremaster is even worth it even though it wouldn't be too hard to complete at this point. I've already done all the Wrath and Cata quests, and a good portion of both BC and the Vanilla zones. The Seeker is a really great title.

Yeah, The Seeker is a rad title. I usually use Loremaster though so everyone can see the misery I went through. I went through all of EK and Kalimdor in about a weekend, though I had a good amount of zones done because I leveled the character through questing rather than instances.

Loremaster should make you answer a quiz to prove you read all the quest text
laughing_animated.gif

But seriously, that title is one I could never do. I also have a very low starting point on my main thanks to leveling in dungeons and quests from 2004-2007 not counting.

Hahaha, I think I'd do ok on the quiz. Though, I didn't read shit in BC because I was so absolutely over that place.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

I did Loremaster the hardcore way. Before Cataclysm. Before achievements existed for each EK and Kalimdor zones.

I had to look for shitty quests in some dark corner of shitty Azshara. Or in Silithus. Or some damn BRD or Dire Maul quest before they were all given at the instances entrances.

I was crazy but i did it anyway.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I did Loremaster the hardcore way. Before Cataclysm. Before achievements existed for each EK and Kalimdor zones.

I had to look for shitty quests in some dark corner of shitty Azshara. Or in Silithus. Or some damn BRD or Dire Maul quest before they were all given at the instances entrances.

Actually, it's more hardcore right now since you can skip all the zones for the most part. Back in Vanilla you were forced to do 80-90% of the available zones combined.

Oh believe me, I know what you're talking about. I had a significant number of quests done before the Cataclysm changes in the Vanilla world. On a Death Knight no less!

Speaking of which, I still have my Chimaerok Chops recipe from getting decently far in the Shifting Sands questline. Didn't finish it myself - maybe if I had a few more months, but I did help a fried finish the questline. Really fun doing some of the things with that.

Just got scroll of rezzed........boosted a level 29 mage to 80........I am so lost haha

Then I logged onto my 80 rogue who has been chilling in Dalaran for 2 years and rode around on my chopper for a bit

Game seems the same but different now

Just got scroll of rezzed........boosted a level 29 mage to 80........I am so lost haha

Then I logged onto my 80 rogue who has been chilling in Dalaran for 2 years and rode around on my chopper for a bit

God I can only imagine what its like coming back after that long.

When I come back I after content patches I dont have a fucking clue whats going on and it takes me about a week for it to full click!

"Whats this gear for?" "Hang on do I have a PvP set?" "Whats this for?" "How do I tank again?" etc haha

Nelo Ice

Banned

Iknowthatfeelbro.jpg. I got scroll of rezzed on Sunday and after not playing since TBC I'm just completely lost. Have no clue how anything works anymore.

Iknowthatfeelbro.jpg. I got scroll of rezzed on Sunday and after not playing since TBC I'm just completely lost. Have no clue how anything works anymore.

I would start a new dude, just to get back into the swing of things! Helped me loads.

Kind of stuck..trying to decide if its worth moving servers again..bloody £15 then I also want my shammy moved...and my hunter moved and faction changed...
Like bloody £60 all in which is total bollocks! :(

Nelo Ice

Banned
I would start a new dude, just to get back into the swing of things! Helped me loads.

Kind of stuck..trying to decide if its worth moving servers again..bloody £15 then I also want my shammy moved...and my hunter moved and faction changed...
Like bloody £60 all in whihc is total bollocks! :(

Yeah I'm playing through as a Worgen rogue and going through the starting area then after getting back into the swing of things I'll boost the rogue to 80.

Also what else besides talents and such get boosted to 80? Curious if I should pick my profs now so they'll be boosted to whatever a normal lvl 80 would have.

Yeah I'm playing through as a Worgen rogue and going through the starting area then after getting back into the swing of things I'll boost the rogue to 80.

Also what else besides talents and such get boosted to 80? Curious if I should pick my profs now so they'll be boosted to whatever a normal lvl 80 would have.

I imagine you dont get it boosted. I know you only get first aid boosted on Dks so its the same principal. On the plus side you get flying mounts so that would make it a fuckload quicker to level up.

demented

Damn WoW is like a drug that never leaves your system.
I quit exactly year ago, cleared all raids in January and half the heroic modes and then guild slowly started falling apart and at march I quit. Only played for a day in December when I got free week and everything seemed the same plus I had swtor(what a disappointment) preordered.

But now, every few days I get these urges to play WoW and resub, few friends sent me scrolls too :/
Talked to a friend who I played with in vanilla and he's still active, invited me to play with him.

Idk, I kinda want to go back but at same time I don't. Thinking about playing casually, clear stuff with LFR, level one or two alts and gear them, pvp maybe but no long term commitment, not sure if I can do it or if I'll get bored after a day hm.
Right now if I was to come back I'm just not feeling great about paying for it and then playing for hour or two every few days, idk, most of my close friends quit so got noone to talk me into coming back, saw few old ones on realid when I logged in sc2, maybe should talk to them :)

Should I stay away or give it a chance again? Got large backlog that I've been going through buy wow is still calling me like a siren heh

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Damn WoW is like a drug that never leaves your system.
I quit exactly year ago, cleared all raids in January and half the heroic modes and then guild slowly started falling apart and at march I quit. Only played for a day in December when I got free week and everything seemed the same plus I had swtor(what a disappointment) preordered.

But now, every few days I get these urges to play WoW and resub, few friends sent me scrolls too :/
Talked to a friend who I played with in vanilla and he's still active, invited me to play with him.

Idk, I kinda want to go back but at same time I don't. Thinking about playing casually, clear stuff with LFR, level one or two alts and gear them, pvp maybe but no long term commitment, not sure if I can do it or if I'll get bored after a day hm.
Right now if I was to come back I'm just not feeling great about paying for it and then playing for hour or two every few days, idk, most of my close friends quit so got noone to talk me into coming back, saw few old ones on realid when I logged in sc2, maybe should talk to them :)

Should I stay away or give it a chance again? Got large backlog that I've been going through buy wow is still calling me like a siren heh

If they really were friends they wouldn't have sent them. :p

You seem to want to play so just try it imo. You get that free 7 day period to see how you feel about it so if at the end of that you don't care to continue then stop and don't look back.

demented

If they really were friends they wouldn't have sent them. :p

You seem to want to play so just try it imo. You get that free 7 day period to see how you feel about it so if at the end of that you don't care to continue then stop and don't look back.

Yeah I guess, do I get all those scroll benefits right away or after I sub?

Measley

Some of you are vastly overestimating how many people will get to 90 within the first week. The hardcore will, most people here probably will, but I would wager the majority of players won't. I'm quite confident the ground activity on Pandaria will last for a long time.

I agree.

Since I'm probably dumping my Shaman for a Monk, and since my internship is going to start exactly when this game drops, I won't be at 90 for a long time.

I still might take my Shaman to Pandaria just to check it out.

Im the same way! I might change my tune once I move onto leveling cooking and fishing again but Im having fun just doing OpenRaids of old content and messing in pvp.
My problem is I want everything on one guy! Alts I dont seem to gel with..

Im the same way! I might change my tune once I move onto leveling cooking and fishing again but Im having fun just doing OpenRaids of old content and messing in pvp.
My problem is I want everything on one guy! Alts I dont seem to gel with..

I think the only thing that could get me back is if i like where they go with pvp and even then i'm not sure i will have time.

demented

I always loved world pvp and never gotten too much into ranked one(since vanilla days, old system) because I've been busy raiding and honor grind always killed the fun for me, would take me forever to get honor gear, then arena for other gear zzz

But now without serious raiding I could give it a try and explore some other areas with casual play :)

But I have a question about scroll thing, I get free migration/faction change, level 80 character and a free week right? But can I migrate one character and boost other to 80 or it has to be done on just one?
I've got this level 64 warrior on some random realm that I'd gladly migrate but would rather make new character and boost him to 80 then just get the warrior up from 64.

Edit: Found the answer: Note: The Faction Change and Character Transfer can only be accepted on the same character that is accepting the boost to level 80.

Meh, so what do you guys think is better , boost one char from 64 to 80 and move him to friend's server(and thereby saving money I'd pay for faction and server change) or make new char and boost him to 80? I think I can always easily level to 64 with heirloom, guild stuff etc hm but I might be missing something so your thoughts are appreciated :)

Did you try calling them? It took them about 2 minutes to remove mine when I misplaced my iPod.

martindog22281u-full.jpg

I tried calling yesterday but they cut me from the line because the queue was full.. lol

I just called and my wait is 30 minutes -_-

I hope they just ask for a cd-key or something and then remove it.

edit: Is that undead wearing the skyrim helmet? lol

edit2: have been on hold for 35 minutes. I'm getting so sick and tired of the noob zone music.

edit3: and fixed :)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
It's probably just a questing set.

Anyway, we got transmogrification now, so its not a big issue nowadays.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Who cares what the armor looks like, as long as it's not grey/brown ala Wrath/Cata. And the textures are sharp, that's really good.

markot

Banned
I love the latest pvp priest set on gnomes >.<!

And yeah, undead kinda ruin everything so its no surprise he ruined the picture! Armour tends to look like ass on them.

Although the hat does look dumb >.>

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
"Unable to Connect"-error o_o anyone else?

edit: n/m. Weird bug.

Top Bottom