• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Sciz

tauren_yakko_comparepixhk.png

That has to be the new model, or that photoshop will become reality.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
tauren_yakko_comparepixhk.png

That has to be the new model, or that photoshop will become reality.

How Blizzard has not updated the models yet is mindbogglingly to me. They always talk about time resource and what's important and whatnot. I think updating the models should be pretty high up their on their priority list.

Ugh so they are offering free transfers off my server to a portugeuse one but nothing off to an english realm or even to mine.
Sucks as there is no market for flasks, gems are hard to come by and there seems to be basically no enchanters.

That or they are all hiding in some super secret guild I cant find..

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Ugh so they are offering free transfers off my server to a portugeuse one but nothing off to an english realm or even to mine.
Sucks as there is no market for flasks, gems are hard to come by and there seems to be basically no enchanters.

That or they are all hiding in some super secret guild I cant find..
Pay to xfer if things are that bad. If you have a guild that can't all transfer, you should be able to support eachother with professions.

Pay to xfer if things are that bad. If you have a guild that can't all transfer, you should be able to support eachother with professions.
Well I transfered across to play with my brother and his mates but they have all dropped out .
Didnt realize how dead the server was till I hit 85..its struggle to even get a baradin hold run together, No nobody even really in trade chat apart from goldsellers and no matter how much I look there seems to only be one rading guild but they have a longwinded/borderline cringy application process.

Im in a Pvp guild at the moment as they said they did RBGs but they never happens so it just seems to be people in arena teams in a guild for the perks..nobody talks in any of the smaller guilds Ive tried either.

Its really quite bizzare.
Thank god for Openraid thats all I will say otherwise I would have packed the game in out of frustration! I shouldnt have to pay £15 ontop of my £9 to be able to actualy play with people!!

Is there a way I can find out the highest pop horde server on Eu side? Maybe it would be worth just coughing up the money..

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Well I transfered across to play with my brother and his mates but they have all dropped out .
Didnt realize how dead the server was till I hit 85..its struggle to even get a baradin hold run together, No nobody even really in trade chat apart from goldsellers and no matter how much I look there seems to only be one rading guild but they have a longwinded/borderline cringy application process.

Im in a Pvp guild at the moment as they said they did RBGs but they never happens so it just seems to be people in arena teams in a guild for the perks..nobody talks in any of the smaller guilds Ive tried either.

Its really quite bizzare.
Thank god for Openraid thats all I will say otherwise I would have packed the game in out of frustration! I shouldnt have to pay £15 ontop of my £9 to be able to actualy play with people!!

Is there a way I can find out the highest pop horde server on Eu side? Maybe it would be worth just coughing up the money..

I don't know how accurate it is:
http://www.warcraftrealms.com/eu_realmstats.php

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is that the third picture? Where did you find it (found nothing on MMO-champions)?

Beautiful!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
We've now clearly seen three of the five (?) new zones, am I right?

strafer

Bibi on MMOC.

The US Mists of Pandaria Press Tour took place today and we are working on getting all of the new information ready for you. Check back Monday, March 19th @ 3 AM EST for all that we learned!

Expect a ton of new info on monday. For the first time ever I want the weekend to be over.

Enosh

holy shit the strategy guides you get with the battle chest are outdated as hell, oh well something to read when on the toilet ^^

playing on Silvermoon, alliance

These new screenshots are getting me pretty hyped. Sort of a BC vibe from them, which pretty much inarguably had the best overall landscapes and skyboxes between the expansions.

It'll definitely be fun to quest though a couple times, even if I don't stick around long for raiding or other endgame.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Also exciting is the -again- removal of flying at the start, that we didn't have in Cataclysm. I think Mists will be a much richer experience for it.

But flying will be allowed at lvl 90, so unless they make 85-90 much longer to do than 80-85, you'll see people flying all over the place after a few days.

Also, there is no Shattrath/Dalaran in this new continent right? Hopefully we wont be stuck with Stormwind and Orgrimmar only AGAIN. Let us go to Ironforge or Undercity or something.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Also, there is no Shattrath/Dalaran in this new continent right? Hopefully we wont be stuck with Stormwind and Orgrimmar only AGAIN. Let us go to Ironforge or Undercity or something.

AFAIK, there won't be. They want people out in the world, and they is supposed to be an air of war between the Alliance and Horde.

These new screenshots are getting me pretty hyped. Sort of a BC vibe from them, which pretty much inarguably had the best overall landscapes and skyboxes between the expansions.

It'll definitely be fun to quest though a couple times, even if I don't stick around long for raiding or other endgame.

Im a tiny bit sad I missed out on BC, I love the whole 60-70 leveling bit. I was flying around doing archeology on my dk and everything looks crazy! I could just sit in nangrad allday.

Ill check out the server links, thanks. Ive read Kazzak is the most active/best of all Eu servers so might be worth a look..

Boken

Banned
You mean you love it now?

To me, outlands is by far the worst leveling experience atm.

The zones look nice though. Leveling in it sucks.

Robin64

Glad the flying is gone, at least to begin with. Imagine people riding over those beautiful bridges instead of just flying up in the air and taking the straight path to wherever it leads. Sounds far more immersive and grand.

But flying will be allowed at lvl 90, so unless they make 85-90 much longer to do than 80-85, you'll see people flying all over the place after a few days.

AFAIK, there won't be. They want people out in the world, and they is supposed to be an air of war between the Alliance and Horde.

I think the plan was instead of a singular sanctuary hub for both factions, to have two new opposing focal cities on the new continent. That was the word around Blizzcon I think. Plans could have changed. We'll find out more on Monday.

And I don't care about people flying at 90. I just find the leveling experience to be much more engaging when you're forced to take an infantry/ground cavalry point of view. It makes the world mean a lot more than when you're just soaring over it all on a flying mount. Especially if you have a weaker computer like me and the game doesn't render distance terrain as well, especially going as fast as you do on a 280% or 310% (possibly with speed bonuses) mount.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Yeah i know they said that, doesnt change the fact that when you're 90 and done with all the questing zones, you'll probably stick in SW/Org waiting in a queue.

You mean you love it now?

To me, outlands is by far the worst leveling experience atm.

The zones look nice though. Leveling in it sucks.

I never played BC but when i have gone through on my alts I like it the most out of all the zones/xpacs. I only managed the first zone and some of nangrad before I was 68 and off to northrend on my shammy.

idlewild_

Honestly, the no flying until 90 is not going to make a huge difference past the first week or two, in fact it will just be a nuisance when leveling alts unless they add a tome ala cold weather flying. What would make the world feel more alive is if they are able to deliver compelling content that makes people want to leave a capital city. They seem to be on the right track with getting valor points through questing and introducing pvp objectives in zones (hope this makes it into more than one small buff in one zone.)

They also really really need to either merge some servers or create some sort of link between them. It won't matter how much compelling stuff they add into the MoP zones, my server's going to feel empty after a month or so...and we're (supposedly) a medium pop server.

Sarcasm

TBC is great to look at in my opinion. It just sucks lvling there, especially in hellfire and some of that mountain zone north of zanger.

hey, I had to factory reset my phone and thus unsyncing my authenticator with my account..

What do I do? How do I fix this?

I just called blizz but their queue was full so I got hung up on :(

Robin64

Some of you are vastly overestimating how many people will get to 90 within the first week. The hardcore will, most people here probably will, but I would wager the majority of players won't. I'm quite confident the ground activity on Pandaria will last for a long time.

hey, I had to factory reset my phone and thus unsyncing my authenticator with my account..

What do I do? How do I fix this?

I just called blizz but their queue was full so I got hung up on :(

You have to use the support thing online, Ive had to do it twice now!

Its pretty fast, few info bits and a photo of some photo id off the top of my head.

And I don't care about people flying at 90. I just find the leveling experience to be much more engaging when you're forced to take an infantry/ground cavalry point of view. It makes the world mean a lot more than when you're just soaring over it all on a flying mount. Especially if you have a weaker computer like me and the game doesn't render distance terrain as well, especially going as fast as you do on a 280% or 310% (possibly with speed bonuses) mount.

Agree 100%. Had some great moments leveling when WotLK came out before acquiring flying at 77. I really hated Dragonblight (it was big, long, boring, monotonous) so riding that little covered wooden bridge across to Grizzly Hills (I started in Tundra) was magical! Or speaking of bridges, those fallen tree trunk bridges in Grizzly, overgrown with moss and with light shining through the tops of them. There's a whole different appreciation for the visual design that you don't really experience when you're just speeding over it all in the air.

All these MoP zone screens Blizzard is putting out might actually make me want to stay and see it all... (though odds are I'll just get my fill in the beta >_>;)

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Valor and conquest vendors aren't going to be in the cities.

We will have separate player hubs for both the Horde and Alliance on Pandaria. Separate hubs means we do not have to make them sanctuary and will encourage world PVP. These hubs will have access to an AH, Bank and general vendors. Valor, conquest, profession and faction vendors will be scattered around the world to encourage travel.

You have to use the support thing online, Ive had to do it twice now!

Its pretty fast, few info bits and a photo of some photo id off the top of my head.

Wow. I remember having to do this when I forgot my sq/a back in 04-06... however, the difference then was you had to take your photoID, take a copy of it, get it notarized, then fax it to them... took about a week for them to get back to you.

This... this is easy! Quick picture with my phone and bang. How long does it take for them to remove it?

Valor and conquest vendors aren't going to be in the cities.

Just like the old days. iirc, the arena vendors were in uh.. netherstorm during BC!

Everything needs to be more spread out. This will give reason to be out in the world...

and this.. my friends, will cause PVP :) I sure as hell will be in stealth outside of the gates of said city.

Oh yeah, I like it.

WTB new mountain models for the old world though :p (like the ones in Howling Fjord, soooo much better looking).

excuse me?

Agree 100%. Had some great moments leveling when WotLK came out before acquiring flying at 77. I really hated Dragonblight (it was big, long, boring, monotonous) so riding that little covered wooden bridge across to Grizzly Hills (I started in Tundra) was magical! Or speaking of bridges, those fallen tree trunk bridges in Grizzly, overgrown with moss and with light shining through the tops of them. There's a whole different appreciation for the visual design that you don't really experience when you're just speeding over it all in the air.

All these MoP zone screens Blizzard is putting out might actually make me want to stay and see it all... (though odds are I'll just get my fill in the beta >_>;)

heh, you're making me far more excited for release. see, I'm an annual pass member as well.. So I'll be in the first wave of beta.

However, I won't be playing the actual beta much. I can't ruin it for me on release night when I dive in at midnight. I want the world to be as fresh as possible.

However, what I will do is play a Panda monk, explore the first leveling zones (1-10) and (85-86) and run the level 85 dungeon

then I'm done:)

Wow. I remember having to do this when I forgot my sq/a back in 04-06... however, the difference then was you had to take your photoID, take a copy of it, get it notarized, then fax it to them... took about a week for them to get back to you.

This... this is easy! Quick picture with my phone and bang. How long does it take for them to remove it?

Yeah when I called they sent em there and I was like "oh god it will take forever" but it took about an hour I think?

thatbox

Banned
I love TBC zone leveling because there's no bullshit. You pick up a bunch of quests, run around killing boars, turn them in, move on and repeat.

I claw my way through outlands each time by spamming dungeon finder. I did maybe 15-20 quests total outside of the LFG system to get from 58-68.

God, the leveling part of the game has always been my least favorite. Been playing my two lvl 85s copiously over the past two months, but I also eked out my alt from level 48 to 68.

excuse me?

I'm confused.

How Blizzard has not updated the models yet is mindbogglingly to me. They always talk about time resource and what's important and whatnot. I think updating the models should be pretty high up their on their priority list.

I've been waiting for this since BC :/ The models are EXTERMELY outdated.. even compared to the new races! their poly count is far lower than goblins/worgens/pandas

fortunately, at this past blizzcon during the Q/A they finally said they're going to begin working on them :) I think we'll see them in the next expansion.

Yeah when I called they sent em there and I was like "oh god it will take forever" but it took about an hour I think?

Thank goodness. Sent it this morning :) Taking a photo of my license is alright, right?

very good camera so everything is very readable

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
soo, at which bracket is it safe to pvp without getting murdered by twinks?
assuming around 40 and up?

It'll be like that until you have a full set of level 85 PVP gear. Hunters and Rogues stop being able to one shot you at around 60 or so, though, if I remember correctly.

You can PvP at 85 without a full set of gear; just get the crafted gear. It's good enough that you'll survive pretty long, depending on the class of course.

I didn't enjoy healing on my priest at all until I got some of the better gear because healers tend to get trained. But on my rogue, I have zero pvp gear (not even crafted) but it's still pretty fun. Even if you don't do much damage, you have a lot of CC and control.

Top Bottom