• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

mileS

But, they said Dwarf might be ready by launch so there's actual hope.

I can't see blizzard just doing one at a time. It's going to be all at once or nothing at all AKA saved the finished dwarf until they get around to doing all the others AKA maybe in another year or two.

Rokal

pandarenshot3.jpg

Better than the leaked image earlier with the red skin-tone.

Boken

Banned
No. The big round face and the human eyes are not meant for this world.

Impressions:
In other news, one of the new BGs is a copy of the "black garden" from Rift - which isn't a bad thing, I liked that mode.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
The cheeks could be closer to the concept art, and the body hair could be longer, and the eyes smaller, but I'm just glad that's in my mind instead of that creepy red thing.

"The final patch of Mists of Pandaria will be the Siege of Orgrimmar! Both factions lay siege to the city to bring Garrosh down and end his reign of Warchief."

OH BABI

Thats abit strange? From my lmited knowledge has not doing a bad job is he? Just not messing around which is fair enough!

Anyone able to post the info in here? anything game related (apart from GAF?) gets blocked :(

Timbermaw rep grind is do 3 quests then you can pickup feather headresses, each 5 stack gives 2000rep + 20 per kill. Got done in no time!

Boken

Banned
It also means a new questline/zone story. So sure, we may have lost out on space, but we got more to do. (arguably)

Alex

Female looks decent, to me. It's not as cool as the popular fan art interpretation but it sure as heck isn't a travesty like the female worgen at least. My brain still can't process that shit.

Sucks that models are so far behind, probably get them NEXT expansion.... Maybe! :lol

Posted in other thread, but this is really interesting:

Valor Points are completely reworked. They are no longer a currency for actual items, but something you use to (repeatedly) augment the ilvl of your gear. Details are still being worked out as to how many times players can bump up the ilvl, or what happens when players hold onto an ancient item for the stat combinations.

Radical departure.

Monks will not share tier on Vanquisher tokens. In fact, the tier system may be completely revamped still.

This is also interesting.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Monks will not share tier on Vanquisher tokens. In fact, the tier system may be completely revamped still.
The bolded part was obvious, I mean... Vanquisher is the only tier-item that is shared with four classes.

No item squish bums me out, but it's not that big of a deal.

The Siege of Orgrimmar sounds really interesting. Fuck, now I have to decide if I want to do the beta or not.

The bolded part was obvious, I mean... Vanquisher is the only tier-item that is shared with four classes.

I wasn't reading it a specifically the token with 4 classes already on it. I was thinking that it might be saying they get their own token or something, which seems wrong now. Obviously if they do keep things pretty much normal, Monks will go on one of the other two tokens and one token will only have 3 classes on it.

But it is interesting to think that they might do away with the token system entirely.

One thing they could do is still have tokens, but randomize which classes are on each one when it drops. So you mix things up and could have completely different classes competing for a token than what is predictable currently. It wouldn't really change anything for the worse, since right now you could still get boned if your class token never drops.

darksagus

say what you want about pandas and pokemon, whether you like em or hate em, you can't really deny that these are some of the best looking zones they have ever created. some of these might top nagrand as my favorite looking zone.

strafer

No new race models yet, but they're working on it. At best, dwarves might have been ready for the MoP release.

This is interesting. Imagine what could have been.

Oh well, there is always the next expansion.

Believe.

So yesterday I ended up with 149 "Marks of the World Tree". Should I do all the first round of dailies again to push myself even farther or should I get one mark today and then turn in the quest for either the Druids or the Shadow Wardens? I don't want to do all the first set of dailies, turn in my quest, and realize I can't do the new set today but I hear it's one set of dailies from whatever group.

And whaaaaaaat?! I don't want to siege Orgrimmar!! Garrosh hating the Alliance is so much fun!

Boken

Banned
So like, most of the Horde v Alliance tension in the xpac will be fuelled by Garrosh.... And then as horde we just turn around and kill him. Right.

So like, most of the Horde v Alliance tension in the xpac will be fuelled by Garrosh.... And then as horde we just turn around and kill him. Right.

Yeah so why is Garrosh a bad dude? Like is he disliked allready? I dont read any of the books and I missed most of the cata lore but he just came off as a the hordes version of the ally king.

Draxal

Yeah so why is Garrosh a bad dude? Like is he disliked allready? I dont read any of the books and I missed most of the cata lore but he just came off as a the hordes version of the ally king.

He's partly responsible for killing Cairne, and he was kinda of a dick in the Wotlk Cutscenes.

Cata seemed to try to turn him into a more symphathetic figure and make Sylvanas the true evil in the horde.

I'm not sure if they're retconning the maturing of his personaly in Cata (aka pretending it never happened) or give an external shock, my guess is the former.

However, one of Wow's problem is they're horrific at developing lore right now, so who knows how well they handle it.

Boken

Banned

Troll quest line reveals extreme tension between Voljin and Garrosh. Garrosh has been set up as warmongering and foolish since WotLK (cool questline that was). Um, Garrosh inadvertantly killed Cairne, Sylvannas think's he's stupid. And Blood elves have absolutely no faction development ever. The fuck. Theyre the 2nd most popular race blizz.

So I'm thinking, Garrosh pisses off all the leaders and they go to war with him. Orcs will rally behind thrall or something. Blizz should do something cool where Orc players become bad guys

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Garrosh will probably do something so terrible that even orcs cannot accept it. Like murdering thousands of human childs and chopping them into pieces or something.

Ah ok. Well yeah the undead were the people that came off as "bad guys" in WotLK.

Garrosh was abit of a dick but he was technically right as the were at War afterall,I mean Varian allways comes off as a dick and nobodys kicking down the door to SW! (apart from deathwing)

It is kind of crazy that you dont really hear anything from the other races though.

Bisnic

Ah ok. Well yeah the undead were the people that came off as "bad guys" in WotLK.

Garrosh was abit of a dick but he was technically right as the were at War afterall,I mean Varian allways comes off as a dick and nobodys kicking down the door to SW! (apart from deathwing)

It is kind of crazy that you dont really hear anything from the other races though.

Wasn't Warcraft first about Orcs vs Humans? Would explain why. Although i sure would want the other races to play bigger roles. I loved that part in the pre-Cata event where all the Alliance leaders were gathering in SW Keep.

So I'm thinking, Garrosh pisses off all the leaders and they go to war with him. Orcs will rally behind thrall or something. Blizz should do something cool where Orc players become bad guys

I'd rally behind Thrall if he ditches his new wife and future kid. I fear for the day the Alliance and Horde are friendly with each other. Let Sylvanas step up as leader. Or Vol'jin. Thrall's cool but he's getting soft in his old age.

But you can't deny Garrosh ditching defenses to destroy some Alliance ships in the prequel to Twilight Highlands wasn't the best quest ever.

strafer

Hmm, I'm thinking about starting a Lore Discussion thread for those interested in the lore and quests.

Is that something you might find interesting?

Wasn't Warcraft first about Orcs vs Humans? Would explain why. Although i sure would want the other races to play bigger roles. I loved that part in the pre-Cata event where all the Alliance leaders were gathering in SW Keep.

True but you have so many other races that just roll along with whatever. I suppose because its also mainly Humans like Tirion (sp?) or Dragon aspects in human form that make it seem that way to me.

The Undead are the only people that seem to do whatever they want and thats because everyone thinks they are mutants! The only race disliked by all haha

Had some loot drama last night, err well I kind of ignored it. I tried a DS run that was half pug, half of a guild I used to be in long ago. First boss drops some nice tank shoulders, and I lost the roll to the MT. I decided to take a look at his gear and noticed he already had the very same shoulders that dropped. So I whispered him and asked why he would roll on gear he has; he replied that he would trade me the shoulders if any other tank pieces dropped.

He was co-leader of the raid, the raid was half filled with his guild members...and I'm too old to start stuff over gear. I said fine whatever, figuring we'd at least kill 4 more bosses. We killed 1 more boss before suffering multiple wipes, people started leaving, etc. Total disaster raid, and the guy got away with the shoulders lol. What a joke.

Naka

Hmm, I'm thinking about starting a Lore Discussion thread for those interested in the lore and quests.

Is that something you might find interesting?

I'd be interested. If you start one please link it in here so we can find it easily.

Bisnic

Had some loot drama last night, err well I kind of ignored it. I tried a DS run that was half pug, half of a guild I used to be in long ago. First boss drops some nice tank shoulders, and I lost the roll to the MT. I decided to take a look at his gear and noticed he already had the very same shoulders that dropped. So I whispered him and asked why he would roll on gear he has; he replied that he would trade me the shoulders if any other tank pieces dropped.

He was co-leader of the raid, the raid was half filled with his guild members...and I'm too old to start stuff over gear. I said fine whatever, figuring we'd at least kill 4 more bosses. We killed 1 more boss before suffering multiple wipes, people started leaving, etc. Total disaster raid, and the guy got away with the shoulders lol. What a joke.

Nothing piss me off more in LFR than people needing tier tokens for gear they already have just to trade them for tokens they are missing. You just shouldnt be allowed to need items you already have or that arent upgrades to you.

Hopefully, this shit will be gone in MoP with their new system.

DarkKyo

I just remembered I have an old ass account I haven't used in years. Any chance there is someone here who'd want to resurrect me so they can get a mount and I can get a level 80? That'd be awesome!

Also a question: Do I have to pick from pre-existing characters on the account for level 80? Or.. when my account goes back up, can I roll a new character and make him level 80? Thanks :)

Naka

I just remembered I have an old ass account I haven't used in years. Any chance there is someone here who'd want to resurrect me so they can get a mount and I can get a level 80? That'd be awesome!

Also a question: Do I have to pick from pre-existing characters on the account for level 80? Or.. when my account goes back up, can I roll a new character and make him level 80? Thanks :)

Shoot me a PM with your b.net account info and I will send you one.

Hey guys, I found a sealed* un-opened copy of the Cataclysm Collectors Edition cheap yesterday.

It this worth enough to consider selling it? Or should I just open it? The art book & cds are up look pretty cool.

*The plastic seal is slightly broken.

idlewild_

you can roll a new character and boost it to 80.

Top Bottom