• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Rokam

It's amazing how weak the mobs are in BC instances. Able to pull about 3-4 groups in Ramparts and barely take any damage, as a druid tank. Think I may actually be able to solo the place, I know pally tanks already can. Really don't like that I don't get the real abilities until 66+ :(.

Hey guys, I found a sealed* un-opened copy of the Cataclysm Collectors Edition cheap yesterday.

It this worth enough to consider selling it? Or should I just open it? The art book & cds are up look pretty cool.

*The plastic seal is slightly broken.

Just open it. Sealed copies all the way down to BC are still easily had for under $100. The only rare one would be the first CE and if I ever get a sealed copy I'm cracking it open right away. :)

Pollux

So, someone hacked my account and they not only emptied my bank and spent all my gold and deleted all my items, they also went through and abandoned every single pet (i'm a hunter) i had. Meaning no more Arcturis, any of the other spirit beasts, no more King Krush, no more anything. Fuck.

So, someone hacked my account and they not only emptied my bank and spent all my gold and deleted all my items, they also went through and abandoned every single pet (i'm a hunter) i had. Meaning no more Arcturis, any of the other spirit beasts, no more King Krush, no more anything. Fuck.

They are pretty good with fixing that though.
Had a guy login yesterday to find he had been used to farm ore, had something like 2000 ele ore is it? 2k gold and nothing else but the gear he was wearing!

I like that the code input can be set to once a week now. so much easier.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

That guy really wanted to fuck you over.

Man... that's a douche move. Sure it wasn't someone you know who had it out for you?

But yeah, you should be able to get your pets back. The guy over at Huntsman's Lodge had his account hacked and all his spirit animals were back in his stable when it was restored.

Pollux

Thanks for the responses guys, I opened a ticket (or whatever it's called) over on battle.net. Hopefully they all get restored. Will keep you updated.

And I got the authenticator so this doesn't happen again. Comes with a cool iPhone app lol

strafer

http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/19/world-of-warcraft-bleeding-staff-for-project-titan/

Blizzard has migrated some of its World of Warcraft development talent onto its mysterious new MMO, Project Titan, filling empty seats with new hires.

World of Warcraft game director Tom Chilton told The Orange County Register that the staff movements are gradual rather than dramatic.

“There are people that had worked on the ‘World of Warcraft’ team that now work on [the Project Titan] where we’ve had like a slow trickle of expertise,” he said.

“Meanwhile, we’ve also hired people and trained them over the last four to five years to take the place of some of the people that have gone to work on the other games.”

Chilton said he didn’t feel that the core World of Warcraft team in its entirety needs to switch over to Titan.

“I do believe there’s room for us to have two highly successful MMO games,” he said.

“I don’t feel like there’s going to be a time where we just say ‘OK, everybody on the WoW team, pack it up you’re moving over to the Titan MMO.’ I don’t see that as being a realistic probability. I think we’re going to try to staff up both teams and actually end up with two large, strong MMO teams.”

Project Titan has been in the works since at leats the end of 2007, when Blizzard confirmed it had a second MMO in the works, but is yet to be revealed.

We need some Titan info.

Loxley

It definitely makes sense to move WoW people over to the Titan team over time, since I'd assume they'd want their most experienced people working on it (hell, Jeff Kaplan's been in that Titan cave for over three years now) and bring all the new hires onto the WoW team.

But yeah, I agree. I want some Titan info :( It probably won't be this year though, Between D3, MoP and (supposedly) Heart of the Swarm all coming out this year, I'm not going to hold my breath on a Titan unveiling. They've definitely got their hands full.

Chris R

It's amazing how weak the mobs are in BC instances. Able to pull about 3-4 groups in Ramparts and barely take any damage, as a druid tank. Think I may actually be able to solo the place, I know pally tanks already can. Really don't like that I don't get the real abilities until 66+ :(.

Regular instances were easy, but heroic... some of those were no joke at all. If your group wiped on the first trash pull of Heroic SHalls for instance, you knew to get out of the group right away heh.

johnsmith

remember me
I loved the difficulty of the BC heroics. The Cata heroics that people were crying about being super hard were a cakewalk even as a fresh 85 compared to the BC heroics. Shadow Labyrinth had some crazy huge pulls where you actually needed to use all the CC you could and actually mark out targets.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So tempted to go out and pick up a two month card after playing a free week with friends (from a scroll of res). PvP in this game is pretty fun with a group of friends.

Already have Guild Wars 1 though... really on the fence here.

Enosh

is there a way to remove that panel on the left side when in a party (the one for target markings)?
kinda want to put my party frames there -.-

quite enjoying the game, will probably also get cataclysm when I get both my characters (o.k., only got one atm, but whatever ^^) to 80, so I can do some heroics and LFR

also what up with that xp and bag you get when you do random LFD? it said I can only get it 7 times per week, but I am now way past 7 and still getting it

Ultratech

The original heroic Sethek Halls can go fuck itself right up it's ass.

That and Shattered Halls. God forbid if you had a group who didn't know what they were doing.

But Sethekk Halls...that shit was straight-up hard. Only remember doing it once or twice.

Starting to wonder if I should come back...SoR stuff is very tempting.

kirblar

Anyone got a character on Cho'Gall that could toss me a Rez Scroll? My old guild moved there and I'd like to get a transfer there. (The old guild forums aren't being used much these days.)

Einchy

Anyone got a character on Cho'Gall that could toss me a Rez Scroll? My old guild moved there and I'd like to get a transfer there. (The old guild forums aren't being used much these days.)

PM me your email.

[edit]

Horde I assume, correct?

johnsmith

remember me
Thrall coming back confirmed.

Brack: Sure. We haven't designed very much of it right now, we just know we do want to have the recognition from the Horde and Alliance that we have to depose Garrosh as the leader of the Horde and reinstate Thrall as Warchief. I'm really excited about it from a player perspective, because I think if you're an Alliance player, the idea about doing a raid into the heart of your enemies capital is really satisfying, and deposing the enemy leader is super gratifying. On the Horde side, it's going to be super cool to have a raid in your own home town, and who doesn't want Thrall to be the leader of the Horde?

http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/pc/game...lizzards-J.-Allen-Brack-on-Mists-of-Pandaria/

demented

First thing I do after customizing ui and addons is start leveling jc and mining, oh god why.
I'm at 350/400 atm and just want it to be over but it has to be done, I set those kind of rules, no real playing until I hit cata level with both professions :|

And then later I'm probably dropping mining for tailoring, more fun heh
New 80 starts with 75 gold which is not enough to level jewelcrafting and having to farm it all with mining(which outlevels it) is very annoying, took whole day to get to 350 :/

Einchy

I'm interested in seeing how Garrosh will be replaced in-game. Will he be replaced the second the final patch hits live server or will he leave before that? I'd be cool if he is replaced when someone gets server first Garrosh.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Holy crap. Bobouille thinks the mop beta will be within the next week or two. I hope he's right.

http://www.fluffyfrenchy.com/?p=73

Idk, I'd love for it to be true but in one of the interviews I just finished watching they still seemed really unsure how they were going to be able to work out the problems faced with starting the beta up. They reckon they had 1 million players sign up for annual pass and they have to worry about how to get that many into beta. I'd think 3 weeks at least.
To think we could be in beta that soon though. :)

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Here's hoping us annual passers get in on the first wave. Highly unlikely though :(. Really want to see how healing is on Monks so I can decide whether or not to start farming heirlooms.

I think we'd have to be wouldn't we? They haven't got a beta sign in for MoP yet so where would they get participants from if beta started soon?

Edit: hmm, nvm, MoP would fall under the Wow profile for beta.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Man I'm making this free boost to 80 way harder than it needs to be lol. I've finally settled on for sure going rogue then I looked up races and am now considering human how helms look them and I guess racial. But from looking around worgens looked fine in helms ive inspected on myself and I think worgens just look plain badass.

Arment

Man I'm making this free boost to 80 way harder than it needs to be lol. I've finally settled on for sure going rogue then I looked up races and am now considering human how helms look them and I guess racial. But from looking around worgens looked fine in helms ive inspected on myself and I think worgens just look plain badass.

I'm the same way. Can't figure out what to boost to 80. It's either something I haven't played before and therefor I'd be uncomfortable leveling it to 85 knowing none of the basic mechanics or something I already have.

Since I've basically played Horde since beta I was thinking of using it to make an Alliance character on Tichondrius or something.

If you are interested in PvP at all, roll with that human Rogue.

Nelo Ice

Banned
If you are interested in PvP at all, roll with that human Rogue.

Yeah read about the racial being incredibly useful. Guess I should just roll that and send any useful stuff to my other char. I'll just delete the worgen Rogue to get my name back lol. Also again Rogue is a good choice right? The only other class I'm considering is Druid. I'm leveling a BE Priest on my other friends server. Already have a 80 DK and a 73 Pally. Techanilly have a 70 Warrior but he's on my other acct which is inactive. Also have a 67 tauren Shaman but he's also on my other acct. Have only played Pally and Warrior extensively though...during vanilla and TBC.

Btw I'm guessing they'll never fix every man for himself since it sounds incredibly OP and makes being a human a no brainer lol.

I personally find rogues to be extremely fun, but I've always played the rogue-type class in every MMO I have played so I may be biased.

The push out tons of damage (they are kinda op right now) and offer a stupid amount of utility in PvP.

They are somewhat difficult to master in PvP, but a blast when you do.

The human racial is lame as all hell and I wish they'd get rid of it, but it is what it is. It's easily the best PvP racial in the game.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Isn't the human racial just another PVP trinket that share the same cooldown as that same trinket? It does give a free slot for another trinket for dps, which can be very useful yeah.

But rogues and feral druids always bothered me because of the slow regen of energy, i find myself smashing those buttons a bit too much when i'm below 40 energy. :lol

Entropia

No One Remembers
Humans have some of the best racials. Every Man is amazing for PvP because it frees up a trinket slot, diplomacy is awesome because of all the damn rep grinds, and depending what class you are either the spirit or expertise for swords and maces are nice.

Yup guess it makes up for them being so plain and boring eh?

So annoying being so late to the game, I want to raid DS normal but every guild on Kazzak wants people that have cleared it for HC or pugs wont let you in unless you've done it either just for normal ;/

So annoying being so late to the game, I want to raid DS normal but every guild on Kazzak wants people that have cleared it for HC or pugs wont let you in unless you've done it either just for normal ;/

Did you try posting on the official forums? I know my server will pick up people for runs if they post they're interested and you haven't been a dick to anyone.

keiichi

Taking the plunge and resubbing tonight. Looking over EJ, there doesn't seem to have been any major changes to rogues over the past year or so. Should be interesting to seeing these "old" raids.

Yea, it sucks. You have to really want to do it, because if you're patient enough you'll eventually find someone who will take you. A lot of PUGs will say PST ilvl/achieve, and if you just tell them you haven't done it, they'll take you anyway because they really need the people.

This is generally less true of people working on the latter half of Dragon Soul, though.

The way I found my current small raiding guild is they were advertising for a Firelands run, which I did with them, then randomly I ran into them a week later advertising for a Dragon Soul run. Since they already knew I wasn't a giant fuck-up from the previous time, and because LFR gives everyone an idea of the fight mechanics, they took me on.

Yea, it sucks. You have to really want to do it, because if you're patient enough you'll eventually find someone who will take you. A lot of PUGs will say PST ilvl/achieve, and if you just tell them you haven't done it, they'll take you anyway because they really need the people.

This is generally less true of people working on the latter half of Dragon Soul, though.

The way I found my current small raiding guild is they were advertising for a Firelands run, which I did with them, then randomly I ran into them a week later advertising for a Dragon Soul run. Since they already knew I wasn't a giant fuck-up from the previous time, and because LFR gives everyone an idea of the fight mechanics, they took me on.

Guess ill try using the forum then!
I did see someone looking for a tank just as a joined an ulduar run via open raid. Sods law!!

Came back from that to find I had misspriced my mageweve stacks at 110 G and some silly sod has bought them. Nice 1000g there!

o_O another 2k from randomly joining a 25 sarth run where the guy wanted 2k for the mount (everyone else rolls for 2k) got tha and the bag of spoils! :)

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Some more info up on mmo-champ.

Just gonna snip a few things that stand out to me, but there's more:

Humans and Orcs are next on the list after dwarves for character model updates.

The Pandaren may also have a dragon turtle mount that will look different from the one obtained through fishing.

Mounts are on the list of things to be made account wide, either at launch or a patch soon after.

World PvP may be encouraged by rewards such as raising the Conquest Points cap

Khezu

Some of these new mounts blizz added after cata are really ugly, like REALLY ugly.

The peagues with energy wings, the reskined proto drakes that are just flaming birds, there everywhere and they are an eye sore.

The flaming lion with wings is pretty neat though.

Cenarion war hippogryph, Raven lord, and Zebra continue to be the best mounts.

demented

Does anyone have extra or wants to get rid of his cataclysm box?
I bought cata digitally and I'd like to have a box for collection.

I do not have paypal but maybe I can trade something for it or buy on steam.

Top Bottom