• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Just saw all the videos. The new (old) heroics look boring, but Pandaria is beautiful. Gonna be great exploring the worlds. I'm glad all I'm seeing is green.

I hate the green, fire, random purple shit all in one small zone.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/8236384/world_of_warcraft_mists_of_pandaria_scarlet_monastery_and_scholomance_dungeons/

Looks like Gamesradar have put this up earlier than they should have! Trailer for heroic SM and Scholo.

edit: and there's more MoP videos on the related section on the right. Oops.

Videos look great. Except for Scarlet Monastery, which still looks dated. I like Scholo better from an aesthetic perspective though.

Music is pretty good too. Fuck the "lol panda" haters, so far it definitely seems like Mists is shaping up to be a bit of a return to form after Cataclysm. Not that irreparable damage hasn't been done to some aspects of the game.

Hixx

From these low-res videos of half the zones, I definitely get the feeling that this will be on another level (visually) from the other expansions.

The music is great too... gave me some nostalgia pangs for Shenmue :(

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Is there a new contender for actual leaks?

We had a ton of screen shots and data from cataclysm's friends and family alpha by now.

mmo-champ is great for everything new to be collected in one place, but they are obviously going to kiss ass from now on for Press relationship.

I support the decision for any other games, but NDA's on an 7-8 year old MMO just press my patience too much and it's saddening to see mmo-champ's change.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Mists is new content...
For a 7-8 year old MMO... that had an established leak source 2 years ago....

Yes, I feel entitled to mmo-champ quality leaked information after their pre-cataclysm era and investing this long into one game. Others did as well, which is why mmo-champ was made this popular.

I also want to emphasize I'm not bitching about waiting 2 days for the press release info (some of which have been leaked). We had friends and family data all over the place in a previous WoW OT this time before last expansion.

Right after the alpha went live:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24241&&page=428
or
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24241&page=855

I guess it's probably smart to assume their security is tighter on the friends and family alpha this go around... but I still feel entitled with this particular game based on history and if anyone knows info about it, it's Bb.

Entropia

No One Remembers
For a 7-8 year old MMO... that had an established leak source 2 years ago....

Yes, I feel entitled to mmo-champ quality leaked information after their pre-cataclysm era and investing this long into one game. Others did as well, which is why mmo-champ was made this popular.

I also want to emphasize I'm not bitching about waiting 2 days for the press release info (some of which have been leaked). We had friends and family data all over the place in a previous WoW OT this time before last expansion.

Half the reason Curse took over MMO-Champion is that Blizzard pressured them pretty heavily. With MMO-Champion being under Curse they were bound by the NDA that Curse was under. Blizzard knew he had a leak but they had(have) no clue who it is.

There's no one else to take over the reigns to replace MMO-Champ as a source for leaks.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Half the reason Curse took over MMO-Champion is that Blizzard pressured them pretty heavily. With MMO-Champion being under Curse they were bound by the NDA that Curse was under. Blizzard knew he had a leak but they had(have) no clue who it is.

There's no one else to take over the reigns to replace MMO-Champ as a source for leaks.
I understand. No one being able to take over is just making me extra mad and having withdrawals. I admit feeling entitled to mmo-champ 2010.

Sciz

They probably just aren't running a F&F alpha this time around, because they do leak like a sieve.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Things I'm looking forward to hearing about when the NDA lifts:

1) Item Squash
2) World Bosses
3) World PvP/Events
4) Raids

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Agreed, this expansion looks more interesting than Cataclysm already(on top of all the little additions to gameplay). Hoping this expansion will be out before the end of summer. Doing Dragon Soul and the same 3 heroics for 3 months is already starting to be too much for some(most?) people.

markot

Banned
Is there going to be no content before this launches >.<? Because unless this is coming out in a month or two, its kinda stupido mc dumbpants.

Bisnic

Is there going to be no content before this launches >.<? Because unless this is coming out in a month or two, its kinda stupido mc dumbpants.

They recently said they have no filler raid content planned.

I'm glad i got a bunch of alts to play to make it less...painful. I can't imagine how boring it can be for people who only have one 85.

I'm glad i got a bunch of alts to play to make it less...painful. I can't imagine how boring it can be for people who only have one 85.

I'm using the opportunity to work on old achievements. Still working on Loremaster. :/

Damn those videos though! Nom! But yeah, I'd imagine someone is gonna get in some trouble for that.

Measley

That's the boat I'm in. I have an 85 Shaman, an 84 Druid, and a 75 Paladin. I've run out of any desire to level any of them.

I had a mage that I was power leveling, but Black Rock and Outland's tedious dungeons completely destroyed any motivation to keep leveling him to 70.

As my avatar illustrates, I'm a big fan of fighting games, so I have high hopes for the Monk class. I love martial arts and Asian folklore.

As for the vids; Everything just looks so nice and pretty. The color pallette for this seems to be dominated by green. Quite a departure from Cataclysm, which was dominated by red. I'm glad that Blizzard is calming things down after the Burning Crusade, Lich King, and Cataclysm. This is like the calm before the next storm, and I think this is going to be an amazing expansion because of it.

Well, it's certainly not coming out before Diablo 3, and it's highly likely that there will be buffer time of a couple months at the very least between that and Mists. I'd bet on the beta being out before June though. But even then, I don't see a launch before August. Late July at the verrrrry earliest. By that prediction, at least 4-5 more months of Cataclysm. Which isn't awful for having no new content with an expansion on the horizon, but not great.

If it doesn't make it out before October though, then I think they will have failed if there really isn't new content between now and then. So they've got about a 3 month window in my eyes.

Unless they're counting on Diablo 3 to tide people over (which will certainly be the case for me - I intend spend a lot more time with Diablo than WoW in the future, even though I will play for ~2-3 months at the least after the expansion release, and probably at the least, every other patch for a month.)

If Mists does make July or August, then the stars may have aligned and we could see Heart of the Swarm in November or December! Realistically, I'm not betting on HotS until Q1 next year.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Agreed, this expansion looks more interesting than Cataclysm already(on top of all the little additions to gameplay). Hoping this expansion will be out before the end of summer. Doing Dragon Soul and the same 3 heroics for 3 months is already starting to be too much for some(most?) people.

Yeah, I'm expecting it in June/July.

If Blizzard seriously launches any later they're risking subscribers. I think they learned their lesson with ICC -> Cata.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I think I've become too hyped for this Monday info dump thing. I know I'm setting myself up for huge disappointment if it's not what I was hoping for.
I just hope they've tried to hit on everything they talked about at Blizzcon last year, updating us on the new features they wanted in for MoP.
Please don't be underwhelming...

Jesus christ what a mission that was!! npc scanner told me about a rare mov while I was in eastern plague lands, turns out it was a whale boss in vash. Took me forty fking mins to kill as when I got him to 2mil hp he bugged out...

Got a few BoE epics, 250gold and a jewel recipe :)

Got the epic polearm and a necklace. Fighting underwater is just plain crap, Bugged out twice but the first I hadnt done much damage.
Did crack up when at about 15% a shammy turned up to help and got smashed and killed twice by his frontal cleave, I got so lazy and paranoid it would bug again I just ate it and DS healed up

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Jesus christ what a mission that was!! npc scanner told me about a rare mov while I was in eastern plague lands, turns out it was a whale boss in vash. Took me forty fking mins to kill as when I got him to 2mil hp he bugged out...

Got a few BoE epics, 250gold and a jewel recipe :)
Whale shark? I saw like two of them having sex earlier.

Boken

Banned
Female Panda... Dont know if want.

pandarenfemale.jpg
To

Those eyes scare me. Arggh. looks like a person in a fur suit
lawd
Why cant they look more animalistic, like
If they look anything like these:

r1p30.jpg

I'll be happy!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
lol that is fucking creepy looking as hell.

like the 80's chuck e cheese

You can tell the artists didn't know how to make a female when you compare it to the male. Like the Worgen.
jtNNu.png

Bisnic

lol that is fucking creepy looking as hell.

like the 80's chuck e cheese

You can tell the artists didn't know how to make a female when you compare it to the male. Like the Worgen.
jtNNu.png

They know only the creepy furries will roll them so they dont bother. Like the worgens you said.

Boken

Banned
I'm pretty bitter about the female panda. The fuck is that? Why is it a red panda? Why does it look like a god damn cartoon bear why cant females be cool people

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Looks like the NDA is going to lift at exactly 12am PST / 3am EST on mmo-champ.

And when that happens, I'm going to bitch about red furry pandas on the official forums.

Top Bottom