• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

johnsmith

remember me
Some of these new mounts blizz added after cata are really ugly, like REALLY ugly.

The peagues with energy wings, the reskined proto drakes that are just flaming birds, there everywhere and they are an eye sore.

The flaming lion with wings is pretty neat though.

Cenarion war hippogryph, Raven lord, and Zebra continue to be the best mounts.

I really like this one
240622.jpg

Well managed to get up to the spine of deathwing.
God I hate purple dragon as a tank I cant keep up with HoT-Fading light-absorbing-and the back and forth!. Infact tanking in general in raids is just so much pressure!!

I then get moaned at about the bloods, one tank gets the alga, i pick up the bloods.

To my understanding I should tank the bloods by the alga so when they die it gets to level 9 then explodes?

One guy is saying take them away, ones saying take them too it, Ive read tank them by it and then the bloody dragon is barrel rolling and I couldnt see which way to go!

I cant wrap my head around half the fights in DS, Give me Ulduar or Naxx anyday haha!

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
If you want to make it as smooth and clean as possible this is what you do.

Tank 1 takes Almag next to the plate.

Tank 2 takes all bloods and kills them far enough that Tank 1 won't take any stacks accidentally.

Once you've killed 9 bloods and the Almag is at around 15 percent, Tank 1 goes where you're at to pick up 9 bloods. He then takes the Almag back to the plate to explode it there.

People in LFR will always yell at you because they think they know how to do a tank's job. Sometimes it's just best to ignore them and keep doing what you're doing.

[edit]

You mentioned rolling. Are you talking about normal or DS? If LFR, there's no rolling in LFR.

Nelo Ice

Banned
K gonna boost a human rogue though I'm still having trouble clicking through and making it final lol. Anyway what are some good mods, keybinds, ui improvements etc should I use before I start leveling? Never played a rogue before and have never bothered with mods making optimal keybinds and stuff.

Guess I should go with assassination as my leveling spec as well.

K gonna boost a human rogue though I'm still having trouble clicking through and making it final lol. Anyway what are some good mods, keybinds, ui improvements etc should I use before I start leveling? Never played a rogue before and have never bothered with mods making optimal keybinds and stuff.

Guess I should go with assassination as my leveling spec as well.

Bartender and Rogue Power Bars.

You can also throw in Recount to see how well you are doing compared to other DPS.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Bartender and Rogue Power Bars.

You can also throw in Recount to see how well you are doing compared to other DPS.

IC thanks also damnit playing this BE priest and its pretty damn fun. May do another 180 man picking a free 80 is damn hard haha.

Also sorry for the constant q's and mind changes. Damn this is gonna be tough.

johnsmith

remember me
I was looking at wow progress, and my guild is ranked around #1200 in 25 man progress. We're a pretty casual guild, only raid 3 nights a week, 3 hrs each night, and i'd never seen us higher than around 3000 before. Makes me think that 25 man raiding has really fallen off a cliff if we're able to rank that high, especially after having so many people quit during this expansion. For a while during firelands we almost dropped down to a 10 man because so many people had quit.

Blizzard really needs to do something to convince people it's worth it to raid 25 man or it'll probably die within the next expansion.

Cenarion war hippogryph, Raven lord, and Zebra continue to be the best mounts.

blazing_hippogryph_wow_mount.jpg

This is my favorite flying mount. Lucked out getting it when I bought a box of boosters on sale. I was mainly trying for the pet. Debated selling it because at the time they were going for $350-$400 on eBay. Said fuck it and kept it. I only know one other person on the server with one.

I'm still beating down Anzu for the Raven Lord. Gave up for a bit but I'm back to trying. Always been my favorite ground mount next to the talbuks.

If those yaks are a mount in Mists, I'm totally going after those. Yaks are awesome!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
blazing_hippogryph_wow_mount.jpg

This is my favorite flying mount. Lucked out getting it when I bought a box of boosters on sale. I was mainly trying for the pet. Debated selling it because at the time they were going for $350-$400 on eBay. Said fuck it and kept it. I only know one other person on the server with one.

I'm still beating down Anzu for the Raven Lord. Gave up for a bit but I'm back to trying. Always been my favorite ground mount next to the talbuks.

If those yaks are a mount in Mists, I'm totally going after those. Yaks are awesome!
Looks like they are considering making mounts account wide, so you lucked out even more in my opinion.

Other people said this is ugly when I said it was one of my favorites a year or so ago.

I don't have one however.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
oh shit, here we go.

Beta Opt-in.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4639551/Mists_of_Pandaria™_Beta_Opt-in_and_FAQ-3_20_2012

Edit: Reading the faq now, some info. for Annual Pass holders.
I am participating in the World of Warcraft Annual Pass promotion; when do I begin testing?
We’re inviting Annual Pass holders in waves over the course of the beta test, and will be ramping up the number of invites we send as quickly as possible. We’ll be inviting Annual Pass holders based on several factors, including how long your World of Warcraft account has been active and when you signed up for the Annual Pass. Keep an eye on your Battle.net account and email for your invite to join the beta test.

How many players do you plan to invite to the beta test?
Our primary focus will be ensuring that all of the players who signed up for the Annual Pass are invited over the course of the beta test. The number of additional players we invite will be based on our testing needs. If during the course of testing we determine we need more players to participate, we’ll invite more.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Ok, I don't want this to fuck me.

VIDEO CARD MODEL:
Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

For some reason, their spec checker can't read my sandy bridge notebook computers dedicated card and I cannot disable the integrated graphics like in AMD.

Halp.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, I don't want this to fuck me.

For some reason, their spec checker can't read my sandy bridge notebook computers dedicated card and I cannot disable the integrated graphics like in AMD.

Halp.

I wish I knew how to help. I'm not sure how they go about getting the information they do. Maybe try putting in a ticket to make sure you're not going to get screwed by it.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I wish I knew how to help. I'm not sure how they go about getting the information they do. Maybe try putting in a ticket to make sure you're not going to get screwed by it.
I put in a ticket and they said something was wrong with my notebook, lol.

But I figured out how to do it!

Right click desktop>NVIDIA control Panel>3D Settings>Manage 3D Settings>Program Settings

In the past I added chrome.exe and dxdiag.exe and told it to run with my NVIDIA card and it didn't work.

Just now I told it to run SystemCheck_enUS.exe after it got downloaded from blizzard with NVIDIA and it worked. Score.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I put in a ticket and they said something was wrong with my notebook, lol.

But I figured out how to do it!

Right click desktop>NVIDIA control Panel>3D Settings>Manage 3D Settings>Program Settings

In the past I added chrome.exe and dxdiag.exe and told it to run with my NVIDIA card.

Just now I told it to run SystemCheck_enUS.exe after it got downloaded with NVIDIA and it worked. Score.

Sweet, well done.

Looks like they are considering making mounts account wide, so you lucked out even more in my opinion.

Other people said this is ugly when I said it was one of my favorites a year or so ago.

I don't have one however.

I really do hope they go with account wide mounts. Will be so, so good to have my Raven Lord and Swift Zulian Tiger (!) among others available on all my characters. The tiger is really special to me as a Hordie.

I was looking at wow progress, and my guild is ranked around #1200 in 25 man progress. We're a pretty casual guild, only raid 3 nights a week, 3 hrs each night, and i'd never seen us higher than around 3000 before. Makes me think that 25 man raiding has really fallen off a cliff if we're able to rank that high, especially after having so many people quit during this expansion. For a while during firelands we almost dropped down to a 10 man because so many people had quit.

Blizzard really needs to do something to convince people it's worth it to raid 25 man or it'll probably die within the next expansion.

I'm still a bit upset about what they did to 25s with Cata. They really messed up there in my opinion. 10s, 25s, and Heroics for each with 3 tiers of gear between them was a good system. There was some mention of perhaps separating lockouts again in one of the interviews though, but I'm not sure how much that will matter if 10s still reward the same quality loot. Then again with Raid Finder being a different tier now, you never know. The mention of the change to what valor points do (upgrading the iLevel/stats on your gear instead of just buying pieces, though it's possible they still may be used for that) throws another thing into the equation. We really won't know until Beta, and probably late then, I'm sure.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Mine's kind of similar to that so I guess it's ok.
Now we wait.

So,
-I've been subscribed half or more of the year since 8/14/05.
-Annual pass started 10/21/11 or 10/22/11.
-Good PC specs.

Let's see what wave I get into.

I really do hope they go with account wide mounts. Will be so, so good to have my Raven Lord and Swift Zulian Tiger (!) among others available on all my characters. The tiger is really special to me as a Hordie.

They actually said something like they're looking at having it with MOP or a patch soon afterward, so it seems promising.

I got the tiger too No raptor tho. Oh well, the tiger is boss as horde.

Mounts are the only thing that make my alts feel subpar.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Nugg

We’ll be inviting Annual Pass holders based on several factors, including how long your World of Warcraft account has been active and when you signed up for the Annual Pass.

My account has been active since the game has been released back in 2004, without interruption. I signed up for the annual pass day one. If this doesn't get me into the first beta wave, I don't know what will.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I would freeze my account then re-up it right before or right after the game time ran out, so I'm a bit worried about that.

I think I spent the later half of 2011 with no freezes.

You mean via the annual pass? Then it wouldn't be inactive, would it?

They said the priority is getting annual pass subscribers in, and after that if they need more testers, they will send out invites. But since there are 1 million annual pass subbers in the west, I have a hard time imagining they'll need more.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The worst part of soloing The Eye:

The 10 minutes it takes to kill Al'ar.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You should just skip him. I hate fighting Al'ar and he doesn't drop much that I know of.

I'm not sure I can down Ka'el without being able to go through his room though. Although, now that you mention it, I'm not entirely certain why you need to fight Kael himself in Al'ar's room. That's just always the way I've done it I suppose.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I wish they would just add that new LFR loot system right fucking now. I'm tired of seeing some dumbass mage who already have the T13 shoulders needing on the freaking shoulder token and winning it on top of it. AAARGH.

Chris R

Finally done with Outlands on my first alt! Yay! Didn't take too long either, but still wasn't much fun. Just did 80% HP -> 50% Zangamarsh -> 90% Nagrand -> 10% Netherstorm and GTFO as soon as I dinged 68.

TheYanger

I'm not sure I can down Ka'el without being able to go through his room though. Although, now that you mention it, I'm not entirely certain why you need to fight Kael himself in Al'ar's room. That's just always the way I've done it I suppose.

Al'ar won't pull unless you hit him.

MMO Champion has a stream up teasing some Mists of Pandaria. They very rarely stream. I don't know why they have it up and when they are suppose to start but maybe MMOC knows something we don't about how soon the beta actually is?

http://www.twitch.tv/mmo_champion

Hope something gets announced soon.

Angry Grimace

Al'ar won't pull unless you hit him.

I guess I always just assumed that pulling Kaelthas there would pull Al'ar. It's good to know though, since that cuts a good 10 minutes off of a farm run.

I used to just pop DRW and burst Kael down to Phase 5 as quickly as possible, but then someone told me the Gurth tentacles would cause him to MC/reset the encounter, and now I'm paranoid and using my old Firelands axe during Phase 5.

I can only assume that without any kind of stat rebalancing in MOP, we're really close to being able to just burst all of the sub-bosses down within Kael'thas's room without doing any tricks. The only reason I can't do it now is because I just barely can't burst Capernian down before Thaladred reaches me from the other side of Kael's room (mostly because Remote Toy ends up stunning me)

Rokam

I guess I always just assumed that pulling Kaelthas there would pull Al'ar. It's good to know though, since that cuts a good 10 minutes off of a farm run.

I used to just pop DRW and burst Kael down to Phase 5 as quickly as possible, but then someone told me the Gurth tentacles would cause him to MC/reset the encounter, and now I'm paranoid and using my old Firelands axe during Phase 5.

I can only assume that without any kind of stat rebalancing in MOP, we're really close to being able to just burst all of the sub-bosses down within Kael'thas's room without doing any tricks. The only reason I can't do it now is because I just barely can't burst Capernian down before Thaladred reaches me from the other side of Kael's room (mostly because Remote Toy ends up stunning me)

I wonder what Death Knights will be soloing now.

I wish they would just add that new LFR loot system right fucking now. I'm tired of seeing some dumbass mage who already have the T13 shoulders needing on the freaking shoulder token and winning it on top of it. AAARGH.

I've been stuck on 378 healing mace forever. Yesterday Maw of the Dragonlord drops on LFR. Second highest roll -> me. Highest roll-> shaman who has a 397 staff.

This system is really dumb. And so are people.

Finally done with Outlands on my first alt! Yay! Didn't take too long either, but still wasn't much fun. Just did 80% HP -> 50% Zangamarsh -> 90% Nagrand -> 10% Netherstorm and GTFO as soon as I dinged 68.

I got from 58-68 on an alt just now by doing ~10 quests in Hellfire, ~15 quests in Terokkar and all dungeons for the rest (+ the dungeon quests).

If you want to make it as smooth and clean as possible this is what you do.

Tank 1 takes Almag next to the plate.

Tank 2 takes all bloods and kills them far enough that Tank 1 won't take any stacks accidentally.

Once you've killed 9 bloods and the Almag is at around 15 percent, Tank 1 goes where you're at to pick up 9 bloods. He then takes the Almag back to the plate to explode it there.

People in LFR will always yell at you because they think they know how to do a tank's job. Sometimes it's just best to ignore them and keep doing what you're doing.

[edit]

You mentioned rolling. Are you talking about normal or DS? If LFR, there's no rolling in LFR.

Ive done LFR about 4 times now and got that down fairly smooth but I managed to join a normal run late last night and thats where it went pear shaped!

Some people in LFR raid are mutants thats for sure, Had some guy going mental at me in tell and raid because I won the leg token, others offering me 100g for it, and stuff like that.

Angry Grimace

To be fair, LOTS of classes can solo Kael. DKs don't have it any easier than a lot of the rest.
I don't know that I would say DKs don't have it easier, but like half the classes can solo him, and I'd be willing to be that Monks will be able to in MOP.

Hunters can do it with some LOS trickery, Warlocks can do it the same way, Paladins and DKs can do it and I saw a video of a Disc priest doing it.

I don't think mages or warriors can though, they don't really have a ton of reliable self-healing.

I was more referring to the no item squish. I should've added hunters too though. Since that one solo'd Atramedes.
Probably we'd be talking all of the WLK bosses that don't have mandatory multi-person gimmicks.

Khezu

I am using trans to rock the DK starting armor and brutal gladiator greatsword, I am truly a unique snowflake.

Transmographer its pretty awesome, just wish it was introduced way earlier in the games life cycle, back when I really enjoyed playing the game.

Top Bottom