• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Mairu

Why do people get excited about playing a beta for the new content? I mean you'll ruin the "fresh" experience when it comes to live and lose all progress.

I understand if you want to try out changes to your current class or perhaps if you are an elite raid guild, to start figuring out fights early but regular Joe?

I do enjoy seeing screenshots and discussion of changes and such though.

*shrug*I always seem to get into most mmo betas and never bother to play outside of checking class changes or things like that... Side note: I got into almost every wave of the secret world and never bother even downloading the client but thats mostly because I hate Funcom and how bad they burned us AoC players

That's me! I just want to figure out what to play in the expansion. I don't usually play MMO betas that much unless I'm really enjoying them but I want some experience with the class changes so I can decide which class I'm going to main in mop

Agkel

Yay Data mining!! That I like.

Yeah If I get an invite I'll probably try the changes, especially considering they revamped the crap out of the current system. Right now I'm maining a Prot/Ret Pally and co-maining a shadow priest... Still got a free lv 80 to pick plus the panda monk when MoP!!!

I can't complain, I do get my money's worth. Shame the NeoGaf guild died, would be nice to play with community people regularly.

edit: Beta forums seem to be up

kurohana

Apparently if you rename the .exe to World of Warcraft Beta Setup.exe it'll work. My friend told me and it works for me, oddly enough. Downloading now~

Nelo Ice

Banned
Anyone kno a link showing how to setup a good ui, macros, and keybinds? I think the one mistake I made when I last played WoW was never bothering to learn how to make a clean interface along with keybinds. I was always scrambling on what to pressing things since I had nothing set up properly.

I'm getting a bit too tired to watch beta stuff tonight. I'll be sure to check out any news/streams in the morning though. Some of the new icons look pretty good. There are two that look like they could be the Endless/Remorseless Winter for DKs.

Rokam

More stuff at www.twitter.com/boubouille_mmo
teeeeheeee.jpg

DarkFlow

Banned
If anyone has a Scroll of Resurrection they want to shoot me in the US, I could really use it. I never got Cataclysm so that free upgrade is a good bonus. Just shoot me a PM.

Edit: Blizzard is being retarded and won't let me use one right now, why I don't know as it's been over a year since I've payed for a sub. Anyway If I get it worked out, Dicer should be able to hook me up.
Thanks for all the help guys.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
This is why I wanted the item crunch. These numbers get so large that they are ultimately meaningless.

Can you imagine it going one more expansion like this? I think this is what GC wanted when he said he hopes people will be begging for the squish since he probably realises how ridiculous the numbers look.

Q: Interesting. So you did a blog post a while ago about the “Great Item Squish (Or Not) of Mists of Pandaria.” I noticed that the combat text was popping up and saying things like “14K” instead of 14,000 or whatever. Is that the route you decided to go with, like the “mega damage” approach?
Yeah, we went with the “not.” Mega Damage, here to stay. So we had this all in and working. We squished everything, and it was working. We had the whole thing implemented, and we sat down and tried it out, and, you know, Mortal Strike hit for 200, and Fireball hit for 150, and we were like, “This feels wrong.” We knew exactly how it would feel like, and we knew that our damage as a percentage didn’t go down, but it felt terrible. And we were like, “Okay, this is now super risky”, because we’re going to change talent trees on players, and even though we think it’s a great design, and we think players will love it, it’s a hard sell. And to do that, and have them hit really wimpy, I think even if players understood why we did it, deep down they wouldn’t like it.

So we decided to back off of that. We’re trying the solution with commas, and K’s, and M’s, and to be honest, it helps a lot, and our hope is, by 6.0 or 7.0, players are demanding the item squish, and by then it’s not controversial at all. It’s like a celebration when we finally do it.

Khezu

I would love for an item squish as soon as possible, a really big one too, like back to 3k health being a lot, but that's probably unreasonable to ask for. 10-20k health would be alright.

Also do I have to do the mount hyjal quests in order to start doing some of those firelands dailies?

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I would love for an item squish as soon as possible, a really big one too, like back to 3k health being a lot, but that's probably unreasonable to ask for. 10-20k health would be alright.

Also do I have to do the mount hyjal quests in order to start doing some of those firelands dailies?

Do you mean the MH zone quests? If so, yes. You need to clear the zone before you open up the new dailies.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Damn Mists is looking completely awesome. Am so going to make setup a proper ui with keybinds and macros this time around. Man I should have figured this out the first or 2nd go around.

Sciz

I'll never understand why people are weirded out by big numbers.

But whatever, because good lord are these glyphs crazy. The whole system is finally going to do what it was supposed to do all along.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I really hope there's some awesome new hunter pets, especially spirit beasts. The cata additions were kinda meh

There's still like 9 more pet families that can have the spectral skin attached to them.

Ghostly Goat, Ghostly Mantid, Ghostly Spider, Ghostly Sambas, Ghostly Snake, Ghostly Scorpid, Ghosty Sporebat

http://www.wowdb.com/items/66752-well-repaired-greatmace

C'mon who doesn't want that 226193 - 339291 damage range. I could AFK on a boss and do 85679.4 damage per second

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well, they got the beta out, but they managed to break Madness. Bloods don't spawn and the damage buff during Cataclysm doesn't happen.

Top Bottom