• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Rokam

To me it sounds like they're actually doing them as a staggered release after the actual expansion hits. Oh, and why they need to do it now (my blog, in Swedish but you can see the pictures):

http://www.beardednerd.se/och-har-a...t-blizzard-maste-gora-om-alla-spelarmodeller/

I feel strangely compelled to play the pandas just because they have such character. All races need to be that awesome.

The facial stuff is so good. It'll be hard to play anything other than Panda.

Sciz

To me it sounds like they're actually doing them as a staggered release after the actual expansion hits. Oh, and why they need to do it now (my blog, in Swedish but you can see the pictures):

http://www.beardednerd.se/och-har-a...t-blizzard-maste-gora-om-alla-spelarmodeller/

I feel strangely compelled to play the pandas just because they have such character. All races need to be that awesome.

Oh wow. Nothing else in the game is anywhere near that expressive, even goblins.

edit: Female Pandaren emotes

Alex

Music in the stream I glanced is crazy good.

Old models look hilariously bad and out of place in all this new stuff.

Cipherr

Hunter

Glyph of Lesser Proportion: Slightly reduces the size of your pet.
Glyph of Animal Bond: While your pet is active, all healing done to you and your pet is increased by 10%.
Glyph of Tame Beast: Reduces the time required to complete Tame Beast by 4 sec.
Glyph of No Escape: Increases the ranged critical strike chance of all of your attacks on targets affected by your Ice Trap and Freezing Trap by 6.
Glyph of the Cheetah: Your Aspect of the Cheetah no longer causes you to be dazed when struck. Instead, the effect is cancelled and all your Aspects are placed on a 4 sec cooldown.
Glyph of Marked For Death: Your Arcane Shot, Chimera Shot, Kill Command, and Explosive Shot abilities automatically apply Hunter's Mark.
Glyph of Icy Solace: Your Freezing Trap also removes all damage over time effects from the target.
Glyph of Pathfinding: Increases the speed bonus of your Aspect of the Cheetah and Aspect of the Pack by 8%, and increases your speed while mounted by 10%. The mounted movement speed increase does not stack with other effects.
Glyph of Endless Wrath: While Bestial Wrath is active, your pet cannot be killed, but can still be damaged.
Glyph of Explosive Trap: Your Explosive Trap also knocks enemies back from the trap when it explodes.
Glyph of Tranquilizing Shot: Your Tranquilizing Shot no longer costs Focus, but has a 10 sec cooldown.
Glyph of Aimed Shot: If used while your Camouflage is active, your Aimed Shot ability also reduces the target's movement speed by 50% for 6 sec. Old: When you critically hit with Aimed Shot, you instantly gain 5 Focus.
Glyph of Camouflage: Your Camouflage ability now provides stealth even while moving, but your movement speed while Camouflage is active is reduced by 50%.
Glyph of Chimera Shot: Increases the healing you receive from Chimera Shot by an additional 5% of your maximum health. Old: Reduces the cooldown of Chimera Shot by 1 sec.
Glyph of Disengage: Increases the distance you travel when you Disengage. Old: Decreases the cooldown of Disengage by 5 sec.
Glyph of Steady Shot: Your Steady Shot now reduces the target's movement speed by 50% for 6 sec if used on a target within 8 yards. Old: Increases the damage dealt by Steady Shot by 10%.

Nom nom. I especially love the camo one, lol.

Loxley

I doubt many people read the TOS. I am just amused by the whole matter, this backlash was going to happen, and they really did nothing at all to try prevent it. Wow players have been engraged over more trivial stuff than this.

Many times Blizzard takes a total Schadenfreude approach to community bitching, which I love. Case in point, when "Will of the Forsaken Was Nerfed" was an actual choice when filling out the "Why are you canceling your account?" questionnaire:

And we can't forget this classic from when the armory was first introduced and players were bitching that people being able to inspect their characters on the armory was (somehow?) equivalent to allowing people to see their address and social security number -_- :

Which reminds me...April Fools Day is coming up! Can't wait to see what Blizzard has coming this year. Last year was a tad underwhelming, but most of the time even Blizzard's bad April Fools jokes are better than most other gaming related pranks. Of course 8-bit Molten Core will always be the best....

Loxley

The facial animations in particular are awesome. Really shows how dead the older races look by comparison. Those model updates can't come fast enough.

Rokam

I'm really liking druid tanking, the higher level I get the more overpowered I seem to get. Just did UK and I don't think the healer had to heal me outside of his Earth Shield. Not to mention the insane amount of damage I was putting out. Can't wait till I get Thrash.

Rokam

To be fair, that's every tank's story in all instances pre-Cata levels.

Well yeah but the damage output is much higher. Or maybe I just haven't touched my other tanks in a long ass time. I was 2 shotting the elite mobs in there at 70. But I think it has been since Cata since I've leveled a new tank. Either way it's the only tank I haven't played yet, damn shame I didn't play it earlier.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Watched the super early stuff in the Panderen starting area. It actually seems really unimpressive compared to the Worgen and Goblin openers, but I only watched like the first half hour of it.

The dragons on Rogue and Hunter shoulders are ridiculous. Did they make some new engine technology to make shoulders even more ridiculous? And this is just the first set. By the end of the expansion those dragons will probably be flying around your head and randomly clawing and biting your face and breathing fire on you.

iirate

The new belt buckles look terrible. I heard about actual belt armor and got excited, but the actual execution could be a bit more subtle, even if it IS WoW.

Also, if we're posting sign up and annual pass info (for SCIENCE!), then I first subscribed 12/20/05, my annual pass expires 10/21/12, and I don't have an invite yet.

mileS

SHOULDERS!!!!!

"lets make them really big and stupid, all the kids like it that way"

goood lord what the flying fuck are they thinking? that rogue set is awesome.... if the shoulders was 10x as small. Just wait until we seee these sets on worgens, orcs, and other races with bigger shoulders. /quit

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The druid challenge set looks absolutely garbage. Ugh.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I patched the whole MoP-client but it's now stuck on "Updating Blizzard Launcher"... anything I can do about that?

markot

Banned
As long as it wasnt a 'he was crazified by a rock' or something, and just did it to try and give to horde an upper hand.

Also he has to die, because he sucks.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I patched the whole MoP-client but it's now stuck on "Updating Blizzard Launcher"... anything I can do about that?

This could be entirely unrelated but try going into the beta launcher exe's properties and change the compatibility option to "run this program as an administrator".
I had some problems with the launcher this morning and doing that seemed to fix it.

I think the Druid and Paladin sets are pretty good. Paladin set harkens back to Judgment in a way (look closely!)

The Shaman set is...interesting?

Disappointed with the DK set though. Definitely would not be wearing that.

strafer

Glyphed Shadow Bolt is so boss.

glyphedbolthrxf4.gif

Yoshichan

Anyone know how Druid Symbiosis will work?

strafer

http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/23/blizzard-worried-about-hardcores-reaction-to-pandaria/

World of Warcraft lead systems designer Greg Street has concerns about how long-term players have reacted to some of Blizzard’s newest additions, like pets and farming.

“I worry about the perception. I think after BlizzCon we faced this misperception that we were somehow forsaking our hardcore players. Which is not at all what we were doing,” the designer told Gamespy.

“There’s plenty of violence and sadness and death still going on in World of Warcraft. We’re not trying to dumb it down or shoot for a lower age demographic or anything like that. We’re just trying to offer more varied ways for players to play the games.”

Street said Blizzard needs to provide alternate gameplay avenues or risk player boredom.

“If someone logs in and says, ‘I’m tired of PvPing, I’m locked out of my raids for this week, but I still want to play,’ you can go work on your factions. We have seven factions that all have these little mini-games you can do rather than just ‘I’m gonna kill Furbolgs until I’m exalted.’ That’s not the kind of gameplay we can keep asking players to do year after year.”

That said, lead quest designer Dave Kosak is quite clear that World of Warcraft will always remain true to its core gameplay.

“We’re not going to significantly change up WoW at any point in the future. I think there’s an expectation when you play WoW. Honestly, I think our combat game is really fun,” he said.

“When you get a quest to kill ten things, that lets you be your class, and you know exactly what to do, which means that you can concentrate on the story, concentrate on the atmosphere, concentrate on chatting with your friends. You can really be in the world.”

Weenerz

Banned
Watched the super early stuff in the Panderen starting area. It actually seems really unimpressive compared to the Worgen and Goblin openers, but I only watched like the first half hour of it.

I wouldn't worry, the early starting areas for Worgen/Goblins/Death Knights were shitty too, they are done yet. Now, if it's two weeks before the release and they haven't changed anything, then I would worry.

Yoshichan

Wait, glyphed shadow bolt looks amazing - but it's only cosmetic right?

mclem

Well managed to get up to the spine of deathwing.
God I hate purple dragon as a tank I cant keep up with HoT-Fading light-absorbing-and the back and forth!. Infact tanking in general in raids is just so much pressure!!

I then get moaned at about the bloods, one tank gets the alga, i pick up the bloods.

To my understanding I should tank the bloods by the alga so when they die it gets to level 9 then explodes?

One guy is saying take them away, ones saying take them too it, Ive read tank them by it and then the bloody dragon is barrel rolling and I couldnt see which way to go!

I cant wrap my head around half the fights in DS, Give me Ulduar or Naxx anyday haha!

Tanking on spine pretty much requires you to understand exactly what the fight's asking of you. There's a good two-tank method which minimises damage intake, or there's a single-tank method that's a bit less faffy. I tend to favour single-tanking.

Agree in advance how you're going to roll - we always roll left unless going for the achievement. You only *need* to roll once per plate if all's going well.

A single plate as a single tank goes down approximately like this:
Raid kills tentacles until there's only one left. Tank picks up the three amalgamations
Raid rolls DW. Amalgamations 'die'.
Remaining tentacle is killed. Tank picks up amalgamation.
*STAND ON RAID*. It'll make it much easier to pick up everything that spawns.
Raid DPSes down amalgamation and bloods. There's more blood later on, so they'll have to adapt their output based on how intense the fight is (More on that later)
If not LFR, two ranged stay alert for a beam from the current tentacle. If the beam's up, they burst the tentacle to break it. This requires practice; you don't want to kill the tentacle in question. If the tentacle does die, the tank needs to pick up an extra amalgamation and things get a bit messy.
When the amalgamation is low on health, focus on bloods. When it hits nine stacks, drag it to the plate and then call for a nuke. On the final plate you want to call for heroism at this point. Don't forget to run clear when it explodes.
While the tendon's up, gather remaining blood. Be ready to start the cycle again.

Other points:
* The increase in bloods on each plate means that your DPS strategy on the amalgamation will have to change. On the first plate the amalgamation will get low long before there's enough blood to make it worth killing him, so you'll have to spend some time waiting. On the *third* plate there's so much blood that you'll want to make a point of single-targetting the amalgamation to get it low without killing too much blood. The second is somewhere in-between

* If you fail to break a tendon on a given plate, it's still winnable, but tougher. However, it's very important that when you blow up your next amalgamation you do it on the *same side*. The other side has a completely fresh tendon on it.

* As a slightly advanced - but effective - strategy, after a plate 'dies' and the next batch of amalgamations have been rolled off, the tank will often be sitting on a lot of bloods. Before taking down the remaining tentacle to get the leftover amalgamation, I like to bring those bloods right up next to the next plate and have them killed there. That sets up a handy killzone where you can pick up a bunch of stacks very quickly. Keep track of how many are there and you know when you can move early with the Amalgamation.
* The easiest way to get the achievement is to do a second roll immediately after the first on the first plate. After that you just want to roll as normal but following the roll pattern in the achievement requirement.

* The alternative two-tank strategy has the amalgamation being tanked separately from the bloods. It keeps the stacks low but divides DPS somewhat which is tricky in the later stages.

Top Bottom