• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Barring most of the obvious discrepancies (let's face it, plans change over time) That list is surprisingly accurate for what it is.

I dunno, I'd say most people expected the next expansion after WotLK to be Maelstrom based. From there you look at the old Azeroth map and name places that aren't zones yet, then head over to WoWpedia and grab all the established lore islands that aren't in and would fit with a seas/Maelstrom theme. After that, logical speculation themes always included the Emerald Dream, the Elemental Planes, and of course, finally going after Sargeras. None of those zones are names that weren't already available from Warcraft RPG sourcebooks and the like. It's a (mostly) well put together list, but matching some names alone doesn't lend it any real credibility. And of course it's confirmed fake =P

On a somewhat related note, I still can't believe Kul Tiras hasn't made it into the game yet. The Cata excuse of shifting tectonics moving it out to sea blah blah... such bs! I'd love to see it in WoW. I was really hoping 86-90 would be a South Seas expansion, adding in Kul Tiras especially, as well as the aforementioned islands, going after Azshara in Nazjatar who we always knew was corrupted by the Old Gods. Heck, we even have a name now, N'Zoth! And then there's Neptulon... so many loose threads with regards to what's going on down there. Oh well, who needs expansions to continue interesting lore when you can just throw pandas at people and make $$ =(

(ok I didn't expect that random tangential lore rant)

sazzy

please PM me if you're cool with sharing beta access with me for a few hours.

make sure to attach an authenticator on your account (its free if you put it on your cellphone).

logging into beta doesn't require an authenticator code yet.

Boken

Banned
Meta is permanent baseline with 600% armour increase and 6% crit reduction base too. Demo locks = new tanking class

strafer

Jinyu. It's a trap.

jinyu_recolors.jpg

Mogu.

Yaunka.

Rokam

It really depends. I'm willing to wager that they won't be inviting anymore players until they put out the next iteration considering that there really isn't much you can do right now aside from leveling pandas.

Also, new Scarlet Monastery looks amazing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHlDOqTeXsk

I think we'll probably see more invites towards the end of this week. But if not then yeah, probably not till they officially open up Pandaria or reopen the dungeons.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It really depends. I'm willing to wager that they won't be inviting anymore players until they put out the next iteration considering that there really isn't much you can do right now aside from leveling pandas.

Also, new Scarlet Monastery looks amazing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHlDOqTeXsk
Looks like they just made the instance really dark in the hope that people won't notice how terrible the texture work is.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
How often does Blizzard do beta waves? Just wondering since i wasn't in the first one.

The support forums have quite a few blue's responding to posts about the beta and they don't seem to show up on mmo-champ's blue tracker.

Someone said something like "it'll be every few days because..." and the blue said something like "that's a good theory. AP holders are a priority, and we are going to get them in as quick as possible."

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The support forums have quite a few blue's responding to posts about the beta and they don't seem to show up on mmo-champ's blue tracker.

Someone said something like "it'll be every few days because..." and the blue said something like "that's a good theory. AP holders are a priority, and we are going to get them in as quick as possible."

Dont wanna get sued too much. Lol.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm gonna explode if I don't get the beta anytime soon.

That's all.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Considering you get super excited about glyphs that does "20% more healing taken", that wouldn't surprise me.
Can you blame me? I'm the king of HYPE and I'm not ashamed of admitting that, you should know that by now!

Rokam

Really wish they'd do something to make professions a wee bit easier to level in older content. Farming 400ish borean leather to get 20 points blows.

Tamanon

Banned
Really wish they'd do something to make professions a wee bit easier to level in older content. Farming 400ish borean leather to get 20 points blows.

Leatherworking has to be the worst profession to level. Even the Heavy/Thick phases are huge pains in the ass.

They do make it easier every expansion (otherwise we'd all be grinding long-obsolete BC high-end recipes for those last few points to the next level). I know they did it for engineering. Though, I guess they should make it more so than they currently do.

strafer

Motherfucking YES!.

*casts curse of forum thread resurrection*

Green "fel" fire for warlocks, like they've been asking for since... forever?

It is our hope to introduce a quest which will allow warlocks to unlock the use of green fire. :)

Cool that it's a quest too.

strafer

While I'm no fan of the new Orgrimmar I really digg the Orgrimmar music.

I can really picture Garrosh and his Orc troops marching towards Stormwind.

Kweh

What's the most fun melee class atm? I have a free lvl 80 through the SoR and I already have a druid and warlock. Was thinking between Paladin or Rogue. Are Paladin's still slow levellers?

Loxley

Motherfucking YES!.

Cool that it's a quest too.

Talk about finally getting one of the few remaining things (outside of player housing) that players have been asking for since day one. Hey, better late than never.

What's the most fun melee class atm? I have a free lvl 80 through the SoR and I already have a druid and warlock. Was thinking between Paladin or Rogue. Are Paladin's still slow levellers?

Depends on your definition of "slow", but overall I'd say not really. A rogue would likely level faster by default, but Pally leveling hasn't been a pain in the ass for a long time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My guess is that Warlock tanking, despite the fact that the community seems really excited about it, will not stay around.

Can somebody US side shoot me a scroll. I can't guarantee I'll resub but if you have an extra one I'd appreciate it. I'll send you a PM with my e-mail.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Anybody has a Resurrection Scroll laying around?

I probably won't re-sub, but I haven't played since 2008 and I really want to see the Cataclysm map.

Nugg

I think even if there are brazilian servers now, they're still tied to the US region. You have a US account, managed on us.battle.net, you need a US scroll of res.

Top Bottom