• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

daedalius

Guess I'd better check my email!

Good thing the Darksiders 2 contest is almost over, I need a break, and MoP beta would be wonderful.

Tanking on spine pretty much requires you to understand exactly what the fight's asking of you. There's a good two-tank method which minimises damage intake, or there's a single-tank method that's a bit less faffy. I tend to favour single-tanking.

Agree in advance how you're going to roll - we always roll left unless going for the achievement. You only *need* to roll once per plate if all's going well.

A single plate as a single tank goes down approximately like this:
Raid kills tentacles until there's only one left. Tank picks up the three amalgamations
Raid rolls DW. Amalgamations 'die'.
Remaining tentacle is killed. Tank picks up amalgamation.
*STAND ON RAID*. It'll make it much easier to pick up everything that spawns.
Raid DPSes down amalgamation and bloods. There's more blood later on, so they'll have to adapt their output based on how intense the fight is (More on that later)
If not LFR, two ranged stay alert for a beam from the current tentacle. If the beam's up, they burst the tentacle to break it. This requires practice; you don't want to kill the tentacle in question. If the tentacle does die, the tank needs to pick up an extra amalgamation and things get a bit messy.
When the amalgamation is low on health, focus on bloods. When it hits nine stacks, drag it to the plate and then call for a nuke. On the final plate you want to call for heroism at this point. Don't forget to run clear when it explodes.
While the tendon's up, gather remaining blood. Be ready to start the cycle again.

Other points:
* The increase in bloods on each plate means that your DPS strategy on the amalgamation will have to change. On the first plate the amalgamation will get low long before there's enough blood to make it worth killing him, so you'll have to spend some time waiting. On the *third* plate there's so much blood that you'll want to make a point of single-targetting the amalgamation to get it low without killing too much blood. The second is somewhere in-between

* If you fail to break a tendon on a given plate, it's still winnable, but tougher. However, it's very important that when you blow up your next amalgamation you do it on the *same side*. The other side has a completely fresh tendon on it.

* As a slightly advanced - but effective - strategy, after a plate 'dies' and the next batch of amalgamations have been rolled off, the tank will often be sitting on a lot of bloods. Before taking down the remaining tentacle to get the leftover amalgamation, I like to bring those bloods right up next to the next plate and have them killed there. That sets up a handy killzone where you can pick up a bunch of stacks very quickly. Keep track of how many are there and you know when you can move early with the Amalgamation.
* The easiest way to get the achievement is to do a second roll immediately after the first on the first plate. After that you just want to roll as normal but following the roll pattern in the achievement requirement.

* The alternative two-tank strategy has the amalgamation being tanked separately from the bloods. It keeps the stacks low but divides DPS somewhat which is tricky in the later stages.

Wow did you type that all out yourself?! Thanks either way.

Not had a chance to go back yet and I keep getting put off about joining a raiding guild as there loads with loads of rules and strict times.
Im just looking for some friendly folks to chat with and do some raids but chatting is almost no existent now, im hard pressed to get a "hey" back when joining a pug and outside of that there is nothing!

Does anyone have one of those invite a friend codes that gets you cataclysm plus playtime that you'd be willing to share? Do you have to transfer servers with that?

I was thinking of trying WoW again. I raided heavily in WotLK, so I do have an 80 hunter well geared for...questing I suppose. heh.

darksagus

Does anyone have one of those invite a friend codes that gets you cataclysm plus playtime that you'd be willing to share? Do you have to transfer servers with that?

I was thinking of trying WoW again. I raided heavily in WotLK, so I do have an 80 hunter well geared for...questing I suppose. heh.

The server transfer is optional, afaik you can create a lvl 1 on any server and get it boosted to 80. I can send you a scroll if you want, PM me your email.

Wow did you type that all out yourself?! Thanks either way.

Not had a chance to go back yet and I keep getting put off about joining a raiding guild as there loads with loads of rules and strict times.
Im just looking for some friendly folks to chat with and do some raids but chatting is almost no existent now, im hard pressed to get a "hey" back when joining a pug and outside of that there is nothing!
Weird, most PUGs I join (for actual raids, not LFR) tend to get on vent together. It's almost required, actually.

Weird, most PUGs I join (for actual raids, not LFR) tend to get on vent together. It's almost required, actually.

Yeah its pretty quite. Apart from this 25 ulduar pug im in full of mutants..

Trying out the Elvui Ui pack atm and theres a few things I cant figure out how to change.

Threat plates show everyone where as I just want Enemy's
Name plates I wanted hp setup like xperl (green>red etc) instead of the greyness
None of the addons like omen/recount seem to work (enabled but nothing shows up)
The odd buff bar next to the map showing buff i dont give!

Its pretty good otherwise!

Khezu

I hope they go completely overboard and batshit with the cosmetic glyphs of all classes. Have all the main abilities have animation changing glyphs and so on, and just weird stuff.

Blizzard has always been so anti-fun when it comes to cosmetic things, always nerfing items that don't need to be, removing cool animations, just sucking the fun out of everywhere they go, like a fun vampire.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I hope they go completely overboard and batshit with the cosmetic glyphs of all classes. Have all the main abilities have animation changing glyphs and so on, and just weird stuff.

Blizzard has always been so anti-fun when it comes to cosmetic things, always nerfing items that don't need to be, removing cool animations, just sucking the fun out of everywhere they go, like a fun vampire.

I like the Teleport Dalaran glyph that i saw that teleports you to the Dalaran Crater instead. It feels like a funny useless glyph at first, but Alliance have no quick access to the north of Eastern Kingdom and that will help a lot if i want to go there!

I've never carried over significant wealth from an expansion before (Vanilla I was broke when the Dark Portal opened, by the end of TBC I had barely a few copper to decide between Borean Tundra and Howling Fjord, and when I finally came into Cataclysm, Deathwing took all my gold to get all of my alts flight training.)

This time it's different. I have been playing World of Auction-craft for the past few months and I need a way to protect my stockpile.

I have 6 guild bank tabs full (actually full) of enchant mats, high level herbs, and high level ore. This is sort of my "incase gold inflation goes 1000%" contingency plan.

I still have hundreds of thousands of gold that I need to protect. What high price commodities will be relatively inflation proof in the coming MoP expansion? I want to be safe, but I also don't want to have multiple gbanks full of materials that will take months to turn back into liquid gold.

Any advice guys?

bjb

Banned
I've never carried over significant wealth from an expansion before (Vanilla I was broke when the Dark Portal opened, by the end of TBC I had barely a few copper to decide between Borean Tundra and Howling Fjord, and when I finally came into Cataclysm, Deathwing took all my gold to get all of my alts flight training.)

This time it's different. I have been playing World of Auction-craft for the past few months and I need a way to protect my stockpile.

I have 6 guild bank tabs full (actually full) of enchant mats, high level herbs, and high level ore. This is sort of my "incase gold inflation goes 1000%" contingency plan.

I still have hundreds of thousands of gold that I need to protect. What high price commodities will be relatively inflation proof in the coming MoP expansion? I want to be safe, but I also don't want to have multiple gbanks full of materials that will take months to turn back into liquid gold.

Any advice guys?

Why on earth are you stockpiling old mats that no one will give a shit about in 6 months time?

strafer

http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/23/bli...l-framework-in-place-for-fifth-wow-expansion/

Mists of Pandaria is the fourth expansion for WoW, and Sams said the “general framework” is already laid out for the fifth.

“They’re [the] lore creators. They’re the ones who drive what the world looks like today and what it’ll be like tomorrow and beyond,” he said. “I think the future of World of Warcraft continues to be bright and I think Mists of Pandaria is going to breathe huge life into what I believe is the best MMO out there.

“I think the number of people we have playing and the level of enthusiasm they have for the game suggests that to be the case. This is the next of many ways in which we’re going to grow and improve and evolve this game.”

Next expansion is The Burning Legion. Believe.

I'll give you my left nut.

Why on earth are you stockpiling old mats that no one will give a shit about in 6 months time?

While I agree with you, it wouldn't be smart to invest entirely in old materials, I would encourage you to check your local auction house for the prices of Cobalt and Saronite Ore. Notice how they mirror Elementium Ore, if not out-pace it?

They are worth more gold now, than they were durring WoTLK peak because gold is worth less. This is the mentality of protecting against gold deflation.

Also, all the Monk rerolls that want to level professions are going to want to get to max level just like every one else. Those materials will be sold to re-rollers who want to skip the grind with the gold they stockpiled.

I am not trying to make gold, I am trying to protect what I have.

That being said, what mats I do have stockpiled aren't worth nearly what the actual liquid gold supply I am sitting on is. That's the problem. I need something more reliable. Right now I am leaning towards TCG mounts and perhaps Argent Tournament pets, but it's hard to know what that demand will be with the new content MoP has to offer.

strafer

And lets not forget this list.

addons2004c600c.jpg

Entropia

No One Remembers
And lets not forget this list.

addons2004c600c.jpg

Excellent, I was going to look for that list tonight.

Funny see that some of those got mixed around - like Deepholm being in the "Plane" set... but was moved to "Maelstrom" set. The Firelands being a raid in the "Maelstrom" set, etc.

Though yeah, given that now that we know RFC has some demonic Orc shit going down it'll definitely be the Legion next.

That list is actually from 2008. It was photoshopped to make it look like it was from 2004 and posted by a Blizzard CR.

Notice how everything about BC and Wrath is super accurate, and everything subsequent to that is heavily inaccurate?

During Wrath people (who were aware of the matter) knew the list was from 2008, but they didn't yet know if it was a hoax or not. Cata showed it to be.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
An island based expansion probably would have been pretty cool. Human/pirate islands, Goblin islands, and Troll islands, and whatever other new island-themed races/factions they would have thought of. And throw in Vashj'ir/Nazjatar for good measure. It'd be like WoW's Wind Waker.

Rokam

No more island crap.

We need demons up in this bitch now.

Sargeras slapping everyone.

They probably won't include him till the very end :(. I wish they'd wrap up some of the dangling stories though. Let us kill the rest of old gods so they can't use them anymore to corrupt people. Or the fact that the watcher Tyr was missing completely from Northrend and nothing more was said. Alleria and Danath's disappearance. So on and so forth.

Edit: And like the above poster said Azshara, completely forgot about her.

idlewild_

They probably won't include him till the very end :(. I wish they'd wrap up some of the dangling stories though. Let us kill the rest of old gods so they can't use them anymore to corrupt people. Or the fact that the watcher Tyr was missing completely from Northrend and nothing more was said. Alleria and Danath's disappearance. So on and so forth.

Edit: And like the above poster said Azshara, completely forgot about her.

I'm wondering if they could combine emerald dream and nazjatar arcs together. n'zoth is in ny'alotha, which could be near nazjatar (there's some speculation that ny'alotha is the old god's name for nazjatar). xavius is the nightmare lord and the nightmare is probably n'zoth's doing, plus he used to be (still is?) azshara's underling. doing that would allow for the possibility of having burning legion as the expansion after that (as well as having them for the L100 xpac)

edit: turalyon and med'an as well, so many people missing D:

I'm really in the mood for som WoW. Does anyone have one of those scrolls of resurrection? I'd love one. PM me! :)

I'm european by the way if that matters in any way.

Rokam

Med'an can stay missing.

Pretty sure they came out and admitted Med'an was a mistake. Or perhaps I made that up. But still they didn't have him in Cataclysm which is where he should've shown up so hopefully he's gone for good.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i think along with the new raids/patches they should add something to other parts of azeroth to keep it relevant and to finish some storyline stuff that doesnt deserve expansions for themselves.

otherwise they'll never be finished :p

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
i think along with the new raids/patches they should add something to other parts of azeroth to keep it relevant and to finish some storyline stuff that doesnt deserve expansions for themselves.

otherwise they'll never be finished :p

They will do something with Theramore Isle at least right? I mean, isnt it supposed to be invaded and destroyed, which will make Jaina pretty mad at the Horde?

johnsmith

remember me
They will do something with Theramore Isle at least right? I mean, isnt it supposed to be invaded and destroyed, which will make Jaina pretty mad at the Horde?

That's gonna be a scenario.

The Battle For Theramore - Alliance (Scenario)
The Battle For Theramore - Horde (Scenario)

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

im thinking its going to be the MoP opening event at the end of Cataclsym.

that's at least what has been hinted at i think.

but i would like to see Azjol'Nerub expanded up on in Northrend, for instance.

Top Bottom