• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Nelo Ice

Banned
Damn this is gonna take forever getting my UI and keybinds just right especially since I gotta customize it for each class. No wonder I was so lazy to get it done right the first 2 times I played.

Damn this is gonna take forever getting my UI and keybinds just right especially since I gotta customize it for each class. No wonder I was so lazy to get it done right the first 2 times I played.

Its by far the most painful process in WoW.

I didnt really notice till I watched a video on the mmochamp channel that my UI is cluttered and I have a tiny feild of vision because of all the crap.
Might have to hunt down some fully made UI packs or something.

If any Euro WoW folks could send me a Scroll of Resurrection please PM me!

Tried too but the message bounced back. Pm me your name and email and ill do it, same for anyone looking to join via Recruit a friend on Eu side :)

Nelo Ice

Banned
Its by far the most painful process in WoW.

I didnt really notice till I watched a video on the mmochamp channel that my UI is cluttered and I have a tiny feild of vision because of all the crap.
Might have to hunt down some fully made UI packs or something.

Yeah I pretty much need something to show me step by step how to get their exact UI or a readymade one. Same with keybinds. In particular I'm terrible with getting keybinds done since I can never figure out to configure it all properly.

decaf

Tried too but the message bounced back. Pm me your name and email and ill do it, same for anyone looking to join via Recruit a friend on Eu side :)
Managed to get one on wowhead! Cheers though!

Edit: haven't redeemed it yet though - if you need the mount, check your PMs. Always ready to mount a GAFfer! Er...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
These new models looks very good.

No beta invite and i'm the annual pass and been playing since 2006... Damn you Blizzard. :( Next wave please.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
These new models looks very good.

No beta invite and i'm the annual pass and been playing since 2006... Damn you Blizzard. :( Next wave please.

^

Not to be like the QQ people on the forums, but we really should keep track of that information on the people who do get invites at Neogaf to see how strict the two known factors are and how fast the waves are coming.

Mine was created on 8/14/05 and my Annual Pass ends on 10/22/2012 12:34 PM.
No invite yet.

I wonder what "Active" means tho .Creation date? No account freezes?

RPGCrazied

My account has been active for years, I did quit off and on during that time, but haven't in awhile. I'm on the annual sub, so I hope I get in fairly soon. Nothing yet though.

aesop

What is it about this damn game? I'm back in again after a 4 month break. Free faction/race change got me. And now, all I want is Pandaria. Eff you, WoW. Get your claws out of me.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Who knows how many people took the annual pass. You can't expect 1 million(throwing a random big number for the sake of it) of people to get invited on the first day.

Loxley

I just got done checking out all the stuff MMO champion has posted from the beta...man, Blizzard really knows how to get the most out of their engine. The new creatures/animals/enemies all look spectacular, thanks in part to the awesome texture work.

Dat serpent mount. I'm definitely getting on of those on my Paladin, it'll go perfectly with my Spirit of Competition (Beijing Olympics) pet from 2008.

I would love for an item squish as soon as possible, a really big one too, like back to 3k health being a lot, but that's probably unreasonable to ask for. 10-20k health would be alright.

Also do I have to do the mount hyjal quests in order to start doing some of those firelands dailies?

I think Wrath numbers were just about perfect, but that means probably starting lower than that so you have time before you get to that point, and a little time after, unless you want to item squish every expansion. So maybe start at BC levels? (I think Vanilla would be a bit too low now.) Then have, BC, Wrath, and what should have been after Wrath. Cataclysm inflated waaayyyyy too much as we all know. If you can go at least 3 expansions without having to squish again, or come up with another solution, I think that would be pretty good.

Also: New models look great.

kurohana

My serpent that I got from zul'drak is huge at the moment. Same size as when I tamed him. Terrorpene is also rather large as well. Biggest issue so far is that my character has no flying mounts from when I transferred over.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My god, I honestly can't tell if people like that are trolling or if they are that legitimately worked up over a video game that they would go through with that.

I personally find it hilarious. It was never implied in the contract terms that you would get instant access or that priority access somehow could be construed to mean nobody else who doesn't enroll in the plan gets access before annual pass players. It's hilariously idiotic.

I bet someone probably wanted to class action sue over the dance studio too

Also:

YFFlN.jpg

Draxal

I doubt many people read the TOS. I am just amused by the whole matter, this backlash was going to happen, and they really did nothing at all to try prevent it. Wow players have been engraged over more trivial stuff than this.

Measley

The most amusing thing about that BBB compliant is that people are mainly upset because they haven't gotten a Beta invite yet. In reality, the main reason you did the annual pass was to get Diablo 3 for free.

Draxal

The most amusing thing about that BBB compliant is that people are mainly upset because they haven't gotten a Beta invite yet. In reality, the main reason you did the annual pass was to get Diablo 3 for free.

I don't think that's the true reason, as I assume alot of those people are going to get the Collector's edition for Diablo 3. I know I did at least (I'm not upset about being in the beta, because right now I would only treat it as an amusement and not actually test it).

Rokam

I don't think that's the true reason, as I assume alot of those people are going to get the Collector's edition for Diablo 3. I know I did at least (I'm not upset about being in the beta, because right now I would only treat it as an amusement and not actually test it).

But you get 4 months of WoW if you bought the collectors edition and had the pass. So it's technically still free.

But you get 4 months of WoW if you bought the collectors edition and had the pass. So it's technically still free.

It doesn't matter. They'll always find something wrong because that's what they want to do.

I just think someone's a bit of an ass if they can't see the merits of having waves of beta invites - instead of crashing the servers outright and ruining it for everyone just because you want in right this moment. It's not like they don't have a live game they can play in the meantime.

Draxal

I'm not crying about four free months of wow (even though I'll doubt I'll be playing then), I'm just pointing out that it didn't have to be the only carrot to get a person to agree to the contact. I know an ach whore did it just for the mount (she was never going to quit anyway) who had no interest in Diablo. And in all honesty, WOTLK testing was fun due to amount of changes the death knight went though during beta, I was more intested in the Beta than 4 free months of wow.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
People were doing the math.

Diablo 3 Standard='s 4 months of game time if you were going to buy it on release.
I had 2 months of time left, another 2 months from scroll of res.

So, beta was worth 4 months in my head that I wouldn't have bought otherwise.

Rokam

I'm not crying about four free months of wow (even though I'll doubt I'll be playing then), I'm just pointing out that it didn't have to be the only carrot to get a person to agree to the contact. I know an ach whore did it just for the mount (she was never going to quit anyway) who had no interest in Diablo. And in all honesty, WOTLK testing was fun due to amount of changes the death knight went though during beta, I was more intested in the Beta than 4 free months of wow.

Oh no I just thought you didn't know about the 4 free months, was hoping to bring you some joy :(.

Khezu

Man hunters are getting some nice stuff in MoP, nothing super flashy or anything, but lots of small fixes that go a long way to help the class.

Hawk and hunters mark being percentage based.

Kill command become a ranged move.

No more silly melee weapons.

Camo being useful with actual stealth.

Trap launcher becoming a toggle.

Still not a huge fan of focus, but I might not hate my hunter as much come MOP.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Man hunters are getting some nice stuff in MoP, nothing super flashy or anything, but lots of small fixes that go a long way to help the class.

Oh god, that was so annoying when I was leveling a hunter to 60 a few month ago.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Would any Shaman players around here mind posting their UI? Resto and elemental preferably!

Rokam

The only thing I'd ever do on my old hunter was track down rare pets. I was a pokemon master. Had all the Northrend spirit beasts and King Krush. To this day King Krush aka Reptar was my favorite pet. Need to pick up a hunter again and get to taming.

Top Bottom