• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yikes, that better just be a beta thing. With that said, since they are making some minor glyphs that are more cosmetic, I would mind one that made your pet 10-20% larger
It's probably just something they're messing with. Warlocks also have huge pets in the beta and I don't see either lasting.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
the valor point idea is sort of intriguing, i guess.

i dont know if you'd need a cap on them in that case, then.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Well just scroll of ressurected my other account and wow, did not realize my warrior had 2K freaking gold on him lol. I'm gonna end up payin $50 to xfer him and the druid I boost to my main acct *cries*.

Also guess I'm gonna make the druid a NE since shadowmeld seems to useful to go worgen.

Well just scroll of ressurected my other account and wow, did not realize my warrior had 2K freaking gold on him lol. I'm gonna end up payin $50 to xfer him and the druid I boost to my main acct *cries*.

Also guess I'm gonna make the druid a NE since shadowmeld seems to useful to go worgen.

2k really isnt worth that much effort. I dont even know how ive been making money but I had up to 20k somehow.

I would spend like 900-2000 geming etc and then the next day I would have all that money back!

Nelo Ice

Banned
2k really isnt worth that much effort. I dont even know how ive been making money but I had up to 20k somehow.

I would spend like 900-2000 geming etc and then the next day I would have all that money back!

Lol damn. Think I'll xfer my warrior anyway in case I want to play a warrior. Also with his gold and the rest of my alts I can get the max flyin skill on my rogue.

TheYanger

the valor point idea is sort of intriguing, i guess.

i dont know if you'd need a cap on them in that case, then.

dear god yes you would need a cap. The last thing I want to do is get a piece of gear and feel compelled to grind dungeons for 6 hours to get enough vp to 'max' that item out.

RPGCrazied

Not that it really matters, but do you think with Mists of Pandaria, we can get some widescreen loading screens? I seem to have black bars on the sides. Surely that wouldn't be all that hard to implement? I'm running at 1920x1080.

Nugg

Not that it really matters, but do you think with Mists of Pandaria, we can get some widescreen loading screens? I seem to have black bars on the sides. Surely that wouldn't be all that hard to implement? I'm running at 1920x1080.

In beta, The Wandering Isle loading screen still isn't widescreen. I can't understand why they would do that.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
2 more levels and I'll have my 6th 85. Happens to be in the gaf guild.

Then it's off to level one of the last 4 classes with the other 5 85's on my main server.

Will prob stop at 80 on those for a 80-85 mop nerf.

So for those in the beta, what's the max level for Monk right now? Does it play "street fighter-y" like the blizz guys were saying?

I am sitting on 7 85's and little interest to play any of them until MoP.

Pally, DK, Warrior, Shaman, Priest, Rogue and Warlock (whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!) all @ max level. (70 mage, 48 druid, 30 hunter rounding out the remainders that haunt my character screen.)

I've also wasted time grinding out full ruthless gear for the dk, rogue, and warrior. Don't know if I can stomach anymore of that alliance BG train lol.

I also have a spare account I am considering Scroll of Rez'ing for a free 80 and transfering to my main account just to get the 8th 85 before MoP which will keep me busy for a few days anyways.

I really hope I get into the beta sooner than later (i'm an annual subscription so it's inevitable, just no set timeframe) so I can start figuring out where I want to focus my efforts.

Cipherr

But the raids are what I'm curious about, if they are as easy in LFR mode as Dragon Soul is, MoP will probably be a very short adventure for me.

If you want the classic raid experience, then raid on normal and not the easy mode. The LFR is a heroic dungeon. Thats exactly what it is, thats its purpose, you can go in not knowing anything, and just feel your way through it and still succeed and get to see Blizzards little cut scenes without having to be a good player.

Join a raiding guild and raid the way its meant to be raided if thats what you actually desire. This eerily reminds me of the people who kept going on about how easy ICC was when my guild was busting its ass trying to put down Heroic LK for our first full heroic clear. People doing the first 6 bosses in a freaking 10 man on normal crying about how easy it is when they weren't even trying it on HM.

LFR exists for VP and people to rage about other people needing on shit they don't need.

With the new loot system, they wont even be able to rage about loot. It really is the ultimate pacifier for the casual crowd.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Help with Heroic Hagara (10man), please guys... these ice lances, do we really need to switch every two stacks? It seems way too hectic and as a healer, I'm having a hard time healing everyone + constantly switching place for the ice lance debuffs...

Tess3ract

Banned
If the only thing you do is LFR you prolly need to get a better guild that does hard modes.

Complaining a game is too easy when you only play easy mode is pretty lol.

Well, none of them fit my screen. Some of the black bars are bigger than the others. The game is fine though.
I have a 16:10 screen and they show up just fine. Get a better monitor.

Nugg

So for those in the beta, what's the max level for Monk right now? Does it play "street fighter-y" like the blizz guys were saying?

I think it's 85, but I don't have the patience to level one from scratch, I'm just waiting until we can import one. At level 15 or so, DPS spec, it's already pretty fun, you get to chose between, a lot of very fast hits, or a few slow and hard ones, so I guess that's what they meant with "street fighter-y". It feels very different from other melee DPS classes, which is a very good thing.

Nugg

Help with Heroic Hagara (10man), please guys... these ice lances, do we really need to switch every two stacks? It seems way too hectic and as a healer, I'm having a hard time healing everyone + constantly switching place for the ice lance debuffs...

No, not every two stacks, especially now with the 15% debuff. With good enough heals, anyone should be able to take 6-7 hits without any problem. So, for a full ice lance, you need to switch like twice.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
No, not every two stacks, especially now with the 15% debuff. With good enough heals, anyone should be able to take 6-7 hits without any problem. So, for a full ice lance, you need to switch like twice.
Ah okay that makes sense... and for ice phase, do we really need everyone who gets the debuff to get inside the circle? Can't I dispel right away, now that we have 15%?

Nugg

Ah okay that makes sense... and for ice phase, do we really need everyone who gets the debuff to get inside the circle? Can't I dispel right away, now that we have 15%?

Nope, you need to get inside the circle. If you dispel outside the circle, you get an ice patch in the way, slowing everyone down, and people will hit the ice wall, killing them. You don't get that patch if you dispel inside the circle.

Yoshichan

Nope, you need to get inside the circle. If you dispel outside the circle, you get an ice patch in the way, slowing everyone down, and people will hit the ice wall, killing them. You don't get that patch if you dispel inside the circle.
Gotcha! That's pretty much it... we gave it like six attempts back when we had 5% and the damage output was just too much for the us (healers) to handle... so let's hope that changes! How long should the lighting phase be in 10 man?

Nugg

How long should the lighting phase be in 10 man?
I don't know how long exactly, but what we do is have two groups of two guys, one conducting the lightning clockwise, the other one counter clockwise. The rest of the raid, and the healers, stay packed on Hagara for easier healing. It's a little tricky at first to carry the lightning with two people only, but once you get the hang of it, it's the fastest we managed to do it, and you'll take less damage.

Don't hesitate to dismiss pets during that phase, as they can mess up the lightning.

Yoshichan

Thanks for the help sir, I appreciate it! Will update how we do tomorrow :3

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I recently reactivated my account for a month. Tried out the new dungeons and raid. But honestly I felt like it was a very boring experience.

The dungeons didn't feel like they were made to be remotely challening, felt more like they were there as lore fluff and to allow people to get fast, easy items.

Then I tried out the new raid with the raid finder system. Which was probably one of the absolute low points in all my years of WoW experience. I had no idea about the tactics going into the raid, but I didn't die once. Nothing in the raid felt dangerous. So there weren't really any thrill or excitement while advancing through the various bosses. Killing a boss was no more exciting for me than killing a random 5 man dungeon boss. It was like "oh, he died...next". I get that the LFR difficulty can be as hard as the normal mode version. But goddamn, the ease of the raid and minimal time required, does not match the rewards.

Gotta admit that after doing the weekly raid 3 times I canceled my account again because it just felt so silly to keep playing WoW with a free epic system in place like the LFR system.

But it's not like blizzard is losing millions of subscribers a month yet. So a lot of people must still be enjoying the current state of WoW. I'm just wondering if people are still playing because their friends are playing, or if they genuinely enjoy doing the dragon soul raid in LFR mode week after week.

Will be interesting to see how MoP will turn out, the leveling zones and dungeons will probably be great. But the raids are what I'm curious about, if they are as easy in LFR mode as Dragon Soul is, MoP will probably be a very short adventure for me.
If you're asking if they are going to make WoW hard to cater to the very small part of their fanbase that wants everything to be hard, the answer is absolutely not. They tried it in the first part of Cataclysm and got nothing but complaints.

Heroic Mode raids are ball-bustingly difficult still. I don't know why all the "cater to the casual" types don't acknowledge that fact.

Loxley

I guess making 16x9 loading screens is serious business.

The team responsible for widescreen loading images is probably busy working on Titan.

Heroic Mode raids are ball-bustingly difficult still. I don't know why all the "cater to the casual" types don't acknowledge that fact.

From what I've seen, a lot of those people are the ones who haven't touched the game since Icecrown (or in other cases, the Sunwell). They simply look at how Blizzard approaches nerfing/buffing raids now compared to how they used to (like during the great-but-often-overrated TBC era) and make broad, sweeping generalizations about every single dungeon in the game. It's sort of like how whenever a WoW thread shows up on the gaming side, those threads are quickly hijacked by disgruntled ex-players who do nothing but bitch about the game despite the fact that many of them haven't played it for years.

In their opinion the game was broken and easy when they left, and for all they know it still totally is. But the thing is...Blizzard has always been making efforts to make the raiding experience more bearable. Wasn't the concept of an instanced dungeon still relatively knew at the time of WoW's launch (although I know City of heroes had them)? Most other MMO's required you to camp out for hours to kill a boss. For as "hardcore" as WoW "used to be", compared to other MMO's back in 2004, WoW was already relatively casual...which is part of why it became so damn popular.

If you're asking if they are going to make WoW hard to cater to the very small part of their fanbase that wants everything to be hard, the answer is absolutely not. They tried it in the first part of Cataclysm and got nothing but complaints.

I think there's still a desire from some for hard solo or small group play in addition to raid content though. The problem here is that you start to infringe on what is typically in the domain of more casual players and you get confusion/complaints/etc. Blizzard would have to balance the situation carefully, which is something that they haven't done, at least in Cataclysm.

I'm leveling a shaman purely by doing Instances, no quests at all, since level 57. I went as elemental from 57-65 and just switched to healing for a change of pace. I am amazed that the ques are less than 5 minutes, even as dps. It doesn't matter what time or day either. These are shorter than the ques I have ever seen at lvl 85 for a dps, which is 15ish minutes (but still insta as tank/healer). It seems like an insta que for a healer/tank no matter what level you are. It's crazy how active this stage of the game still is. I also notice a greater amount of weird classes combinations at these lower levels. I was in a 4 pallie + shaman group (me!), a warrior + 4 shaman group, a dk + 3 shadow priests + shaman group... All sorts of crazy combos over just the last couple of days. It has been amazing fun. There are a metric shit ton of DKs though. You can pretty much plan on at least 1 in every random and often 2 or more. I notice a strong melee bias in random groups at these levels so far.

Also, healing as a shaman is a joke. So unbelieveably easy. I have never healed as a shaman before amd didn't really know what to expect. It's pretty much earth sheild and a surge or chain heal once or twice per AE pull. It helps that groups just plow through this content. I have yet to be challanged, but it's still a great time!

Tamanon

Banned
It slows down at 70 a bit as the Death Knight ranks start to thin with folks abandoning. Still decent queues though I've found for both Healer and DPS.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Damnit why is this game still fun?! I thought I quit the WoW bug but nope stupid scroll of res and I'm having fun all over again. Also with refer a friend and scroll of res I'm lvling chars like crazy. Gonna boost a NE druid to 80 and xfer it to my main acct and probably bring along my warrior as well and if my cousin pays up I can lvl a draenai shaman with RAF.

Queue times aren't about the number of people playing, since the dungeon finder looks at everyone in your entire region (with a preference for people from your server). It's about the ratio of tanks and healers and DPS.

At lower levels there are more tanks and healers compared to DPS because the dungeons are incredibly easy and don't require any responsibility from these roles.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Ahh screw it I think I'm just gonna boost a worgen druid. Shadowmeld seems far superior and 2% dodge I guess but damnit I want a freaking worgen!

Queue times aren't about the number of people playing, since the dungeon finder looks at everyone in your entire region (with a preference for people from your server). It's about the ratio of tanks and healers and DPS.

At lower levels there are more tanks and healers compared to DPS because the dungeons are incredibly easy and don't require any responsibility from these roles.

Definitely. As an experienced tank, I can just blast through low-level stuff without thinking at all. Sometimes it's annoying earlier on, especially if you don't have a couple of your AoE abilities, and it sort of holds you back. In some cases though, it's even more interesting than higher-level tanking. Warrior especially (I've leveled two: one to 85 and another around 70ish I think). You don't have Warbringer for awhile, so to tank well for a certain stretch you're stance dancing, which doesn't really happen at max level these days (for tanks at least).

Healing is super boring at low-levels since at least 4.0 though, even without heirlooms. If you DPS too much though, you can drain your mana when you may actually need it. I'll do healing vs. tanking or DPS on hybrids when I want to AFK level, since all you need to do is /follow someone and keep one eye on health bars.

johnsmith

remember me
Just picked up 6 months worth of game time from Target for $61 thanks to their buy 2 get 1 free deal. You guys should go stock up, especially if you're on the annual pass.

Yoshichan

jcepm.jpg
Vanilla textures ♥

TheYanger

Heroic modes being 'ball busting' difficult...I don't even know how to address that. This shit with the nerfs is far easier than any content we had back in vanilla or BC, BEFORE we had normal modes for shitty players to feast on.

At some point you can't just go 'lolelitist' and act like they're not easy as hell. Especially when the entire purpose of heroic modes is to BE difficult.

From what I've seen, a lot of those people are the ones who haven't touched the game since Icecrown (or in other cases, the Sunwell). They simply look at how Blizzard approaches nerfing/buffing raids now compared to how they used to (like during the great-but-often-overrated TBC era) and make broad, sweeping generalizations about every single dungeon in the game. It's sort of like how whenever a WoW thread shows up on the gaming side, those threads are quickly hijacked by disgruntled ex-players who do nothing but bitch about the game despite the fact that many of them haven't played it for years.

In their opinion the game was broken and easy when they left, and for all they know it still totally is. But the thing is...Blizzard has always been making efforts to make the raiding experience more bearable. Wasn't the concept of an instanced dungeon still relatively knew at the time of WoW's launch (although I know City of heroes had them)? Most other MMO's required you to camp out for hours to kill a boss. For as "hardcore" as WoW "used to be", compared to other MMO's back in 2004, WoW was already relatively casual...which is part of why it became so damn popular.
Wow was casual in terms of playtime requirements, but it was absolutely a game that demanded skill. Now it's become the norm for the nerfs to come less than a month after content is new, scarcely time for anyone that doesn't raid a 5 night a week schedule to even potentially finish all of the heroic modes. That my friends is easy bullshit. Tier 11 was perfect, there were easier fights and there were harder fights. T12 AS IT LAUNCHED was perfect. Anyone that says you shouldn't have to work for say a week on a new boss has no business in heroic raids in the first place. That's what the audience they are DESIGNED for wants.

johnsmith

remember me
Heroic modes being 'ball busting' difficult...I don't even know how to address that. This shit with the nerfs is far easier than any content we had back in vanilla or BC, BEFORE we had normal modes for shitty players to feast on.

At some point you can't just go 'lolelitist' and act like they're not easy as hell. Especially when the entire purpose of heroic modes is to BE difficult.

He said heroic mode raids, which are still difficult.

Top Bottom