• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

any gaf guilds on Area 52?

My main chars are:

Hemorrhage (Undead Rogue)
or
Dazathar (Human Warlock)

I came back after basically quitting WoW when fallout 3 hit (played lich king off and on, and just today hit 78 with Dazathar (warlock) and the game is so different ive practically forgotten everything / or its been changed.

I'm ultra casual but would like to be in a gaf guild if there is one still on Area 52.

shoot me a pm/in game mail, if I can be in

sazzy

i think there is one, but i'm not sure how often people play. i'm on bloodhoof myself.. no plans of switching any time soon as of now.

EDIT:

if anyone is feeling generous enough to share their beta access, esp if you aren't planning on playing the beta, PLEASE PM me :(

Prodigal

Banned
any gaf guilds on Area 52?

My main chars are:

Hemorrhage (Undead Rogue)
or
Dazathar (Human Warlock)

I came back after basically quitting WoW when fallout 3 hit (played lich king off and on, and just today hit 78 with Dazathar (warlock) and the game is so different ive practically forgotten everything / or its been changed.

I'm ultra casual but would like to be in a gaf guild if there is one still on Area 52.

shoot me a pm/in game mail, if I can be in

I'd like to know this too, looking for a place to move some of my toons since my friends don't play anymore.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
i think there is one, but i'm not sure how often people play. i'm on bloodhoof myself.. no plans of switching any time soon as of now.

EDIT:

if anyone is feeling generous enough to share their beta access, esp if you aren't planning on playing the beta, PLEASE PM me :(
Dude, no one is going to give your their account e-mail and password.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Dude, no one is going to give your their account e-mail and password.
I am. And I'm pretty sure sazzy will also share if he gets it before me.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
It's asking to get the beta access revoked. What's stopping a gaffer from giving it to their #1 WoW friend and so on? All it takes is someone to report a conversation in game about beta/account sharing (I haven't gotten my invite through AP yet :( Using a friends accounts.) for access to be revoked. Who knows if they flag multiple IP's.

sazzy

It's asking to get the beta access revoked. What's stopping a gaffer from giving it to their #1 WoW friend and so on? All it takes is someone to report a conversation in game about beta/account sharing (I haven't gotten my invite through AP yet :( Using a friends accounts.) for access to be revoked. Who knows if they flag multiple IP's.

i've been playing the d3 beta like that with no problem.

Magnus

Listen to this man. Don't do it. I've been locked out of my own account in the past for IP variances and shit, and it was just me trying to access my own account from different places.

ampere

I still haven't done a single dungeon and I'm lvl 83. This makes me want to queue up for one even though it'll take forever as a rogue.

What spec do you play? Combat is really fantastic for dungeons. Blade Flurry will almost double your damage output when there are multiple targets around and Combat's single target damage is great too.

Let me know if you have any rogue questions ^^

Vodh

Hey! I've got some time on my hands and am thinking of returning to WoW (again...) this time with a new char on a new server. Any suggestions for a good EU RP or RP-pvp server?

Boken

Banned
They should make Combat rogues like demo locks - offtankish bulky stuff. Combat rogues don't do anything atm anyway.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They should make Combat rogues like demo locks - offtankish bulky stuff. Combat rogues don't do anything atm anyway.

Combat is the most popular rogue spec. Subtlety does more damage on a mostly theoretical level (meaning it does, but not that many people can actually pull it off).

Kalnos

Banned
Sub is so shit in PvE and it doesn't help that some of the abilities are completely worthless. Shadowstep Ultraaxion --> lol. Can't really use it on DW either.

Not to mention it's much easier to just keep SnD up forever as combat while you spam the ever-loving shit out of SS which doesn't require you to be behind your target.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Did Blizzard already send the 100k annual pass beta invites they were talking about in that recent blue post? Still nothing for me. If they really follow their "Our oldest players will be invited first" rule, there is much more people who started playing before 2006 who took the annual pass than i thought.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Did Blizzard already send the 100k annual pass beta invites they were talking about in that recent blue post? Still nothing for me. If they really follow their "Our oldest players will be invited first" rule, there is much more people who started playing before 2006 who took the annual pass than i thought.

Well, wouldn't it make sense that people playing continuously since 2005 would buy the Annual Pass?

Tess3ract

Banned
If you do the AP, do you get charged for 12 months immediately if you do two 6 months, or do you just get charged for the first month?

This is important.

Bisnic

Well, wouldn't it make sense that people playing continuously since 2005 would buy the Annual Pass?

I suppose lol, if some people have been playing for 7 years, what's one more for them? Plus they get a free game and beta access on top of it!

Istaerion

That doesn't answer my question. You can't sign up for the AP unless you're currently subbed.

It does answer the question, just not very clearly.

If you decide to go the route mentioned previously, you'll only be charged the first interval upon the contract agreement. In the event that you decide to change your mind, you can instead purchase three months after the six months expire and continue forward.

Simply put, you're not required to provide the full amount at any one point in time.

Istaerion

So I can do 1 month now, then 6 months later or whatever?

Correct.

Blizzard simply requires that you meet an obligation totaling twelve months of paid subscription time; the duration and matter in which it's handled is entirely up to you.

The only difference would be the savings earned with the varying subscription plans; $3 per three month interval and $12 per six month interval.

Rokam

Started my account on launch day. But I think I only played a month and quit for a year. And I've quite numerous times so my cumulative months probably isn't too high.

Tamanon

Banned

November 28, 2004 here.

Good lord....it's been a long time.

In fact, I was in the very first attempt at a GAF guild based off the FFXI one, Stars of Destiny. Still have that troll rogue that made it level 40 without learning how to do poisons(you had to do a quest back then).

Rokam

November 28, 2004 here.

Good lord....it's been a long time.

In fact, I was in the very first attempt at a GAF guild based off the FFXI one, Stars of Destiny. Still have that troll rogue that made it level 40 without learning how to do poisons(you had to do a quest back then).

Yeah was just going through my history, easy to spot when other mmo's came out. Didn't play for a whole year in 2008-2009. So looks like I missed out on 2 full years of WoW.

Rokal

Combat is ridiculously easy to play. That's why I like it, melee DPS is hectic enough for me as it is.

It's easy to play, but it's just so spammy. With combat you're hitting an ability every GCD, and the T13 2-piece bonus makes it even easier to energy cap yourself and lose dps. I find it hard to use defensive abilities like feint when I play combat for fights like H Zon'ozz because it means I'll be losing 1 GCD of dps. You can ignore all of this and just keep S&D up and 5 CP evis and still do well on damage meters, and in that sense combat is easy to play. Trying to play it perfectly can be pretty frustrating though.

Assassination plays much, much better imo. You need to keep track of more debuffs/cooldowns and getting the most out of envenom's buff, but the assassination rotation gives you gaps where you are letting energy pool and can use abilities like feint or take a second to think about lining up cooldowns.

It's really a shame that the legendary daggers are more suited for combat than assassination.

Angry Grimace

It's easy to play, but it's just so spammy. With combat you're hitting an ability every GCD, and the T13 2-piece bonus makes it even easier to energy cap yourself and lose dps. I find it hard to use defensive abilities like feint when I play combat for fights like H Zon'ozz because it means I'll be losing 1 GCD of dps. You can ignore all of this and just keep S&D up and 5 CP evis and still do well on damage meters, and in that sense combat is easy to play. Trying to play it perfectly can be pretty frustrating though.

Assassination plays much, much better imo. You need to keep track of more debuffs/cooldowns and getting the most out of envenom's buff, but the assassination rotation gives you gaps where you are letting energy pool and can use abilities like feint or take a second to think about lining up cooldowns.

It's really a shame that the legendary daggers are more suited for combat than assassination.

Frost DK is still the best class =D Tons of DPS and a shit-ton of it is easy burst damage that can be switched from target to target. I like Assassination better too, but the damage is just less than combat.

It seems like the legendary wouldn't even work for Assassination since Envenom's buff would overwrite itself.

Rokal

That's the problem. You don't really gain any extra envemon buff time when the legendary proc happens and the majority of your damage is coming from those passive poison procs. You also don't get ~1 minute shaved off your dps cooldowns like combat does when the proc happens due to Restless Blades.

I have no idea how good they are for Sub since I haven't played it in years, but combat seems to be the clear winner.

TheYanger

Frost DK is still the best class =D Tons of DPS and a shit-ton of it is easy burst damage that can be switched from target to target. I like Assassination better too, but the damage is just less than combat.

It seems like the legendary wouldn't even work for Assassination since Envenom's buff would overwrite itself.

At least we agree on something!
I prefer classes that spam like crazy with short GCDs. I can't play anything but melee to any degree of success. Playing unholy on my dk feels like dick, playing frost is just an adrenaline rush like playing a combat rogue. Also, sub is the master spec. C'mon!

Angry Grimace

That's the problem. You don't really gain any extra envemon buff time when the legendary proc happens and the majority of your damage is coming from those passive poison procs. You also don't get ~1 minute shaved off your dps cooldowns like combat does when the proc happens due to Restless Blades.

I have no idea how good they are for Sub since I haven't played it in years, but combat seems to be the clear winner.

I remember seeing a list where it basically said Combat wins in virtually every encounter other than Morchok, mostly because of Blade Flurry.

TheYanger

For single target, Sub is best. For blade flurry cheese, Combat is best. In terms of effective (IE helpful dps, something that is important during progression) the specs go something like:
Morchok: Sub
Zonozz: Combat
Yorsahj: Combat
Hagara: I'm not sure, probably Sub but idk. combat will cleave the tombs at least.
Ultrax: Combat cause you can't ambush him
Warmaster: combat
Spine: Sub
Madness: Combat if you keep an add alive to BF onto (Which gets you more spellweave procs, the damage to the add is just meter padding), though Mutilate will win for AE on the last platform and brings a good 70% snare, so ass is quite common.

Rokal

I would imagine assassination is better for Yor'sahj too thanks to black adds. I guess it really depends on what your guild has you doing during the fight.

Another batch of 100,000 are being sent out right now.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4253902117#1

Yesterday’s 100,000 Annual Pass-holder beta-test invites ran through the night, and we’re still in the process of notifying the invitees by email. Those selected for yesterday’s wave of invites should all have the Mists of Pandaria beta client available for download through Battle.net account management, and they should all receive the email notification by end of day today. If the beta client shows up for you in Battle.net account management, you don’t need to wait for the email in order to download the client and begin testing.

We’re off to a solid start with the beta test, and things are looking good in terms of realm stability, so we’re ready to invite another wave of Annual Pass holders. A second wave of invites is going out to 100,000 more Annual Pass holders today, starting right now.

If you’re added in this or any subsequent wave, access to the beta client will show up in Battle.net account management as discussed above. Please check there today and tomorrow, as today’s wave of invites will be processing throughout the day and likely into early tomorrow morning. Notification emails will also be going out, but again, no need to wait for the email if the beta client is available to you through Battle.net account management.

Check your battle.net accounts. I got in in the past 10 minutes, I've been refreshing my battle.net all day. I didn't even get an email. I've been a member since 2007 but I've taken time off when wow got boring.

Bisnic

Man, why do i have to work until midnight today. :( Emails shows nothing, but i bet Battle.net has something.

Angry Grimace

Check your battle.net accounts. I got in in the past 10 minutes, I've been refreshing my battle.net all day. I didn't even get an email. I've been a member since 2007 but I've taken time off when wow got boring.

I make a little sad face every time I log into Battlenet.

sazzy

i wonder how they're surviving the server on-slaught

afaik they haven't added more servers beyond the 5 right?

Top Bottom