• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

ampere

For single target, Sub is best. For blade flurry cheese, Combat is best. In terms of effective (IE helpful dps, something that is important during progression) the specs go something like:
Morchok: Sub
Zonozz: Combat
Yorsahj: Combat
Hagara: I'm not sure, probably Sub but idk. combat will cleave the tombs at least.
Ultrax: Combat cause you can't ambush him
Warmaster: combat
Spine: Sub
Madness: Combat if you keep an add alive to BF onto (Which gets you more spellweave procs, the damage to the add is just meter padding), though Mutilate will win for AE on the last platform and brings a good 70% snare, so ass is quite common.

Only one here I would add an extra note about is Yorsahj, for 25 if you do a combo with Black/Yellow in it I think Assassination's AoE might be better than Blade Flurry. Unfortunately we haven't downed that one yet, but our Rogue who was playing Assassination beat me and the other Combat Rogue on add damage during our attempts. For 10s I would definitely say Combat for sure on Yorsahj.

TheYanger

Only one here I would add an extra note about is Yorsahj, for 25 if you do a combo with Black/Yellow in it I think Assassination's AoE might be better than Blade Flurry. Unfortunately we haven't downed that one yet, but our Rogue who was playing Assassination beat me and the other Combat Rogue on add damage during our attempts. For 10s I would definitely say Combat for sure on Yorsahj.

Again I was simply posting the optimal for actual success, typically people run blade flurry combat rogues who can beat down the mana voids AND yorsahj while ignoring oozes, the AE is the easy part in reality.
If you're talking about padding...combat wins basically every fight except for spine then.

Boken

Banned
Yes guys it's alright, I play a raiding rogue and I'm aware that combat rogues are on average the highest dps spec.

What I mean is that the "flavour" of the spec is seriously boring. Lots of auto attacks, sinister strike etc. Pre-Cata they wanted rogues to rely less on active cooldowns (so they gave us another CD, lol) and they also described combat rogues as the "scoundrel" type fighter - the one that fights other classes head on. Following this design intent I think it'd make more sense to give rogues some passive survivability with a lot of consolidated defensive ability within the combat spec - so combat CAN fight plate classes straight up. It also adds more flavour to the trinity. Perhaps Off tanks can tank dungeons with a very good healer etc.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yes guys it's alright, I play a raiding rogue and I'm aware that combat rogues are on average the highest dps spec.

What I mean is that the "flavour" of the spec is seriously boring. Lots of auto attacks, sinister strike etc. Pre-Cata they wanted rogues to rely less on active cooldowns (so they gave us another CD, lol) and they also described combat rogues as the "scoundrel" type fighter - the one that fights other classes head on. Following this design intent I think it'd make more sense to give rogues some passive survivability with a lot of consolidated defensive ability within the combat spec - so combat CAN fight plate classes straight up. It also adds more flavour to the trinity. Perhaps Off tanks can tank dungeons with a very good healer etc.
I'm no master rogue, so I tend to die all the time and feel like I'm a glass cannon that has to stand in a place where I take a lot of damage.

It's probably likely I just don't know shit about the class; i.e. it took me like 8 attempts to even kill Hiram Creed :lol In all fairness, I only started playing on a rogue like 2 weeks ago and it was my wife's old character that was already level 80 when I transferred it over to my account.

Boken

Banned
I'm no master rogue, so I tend to die all the time and feel like I'm a glass cannon that has to stand in a place where I take a lot of damage.

It's probably likely I just don't know shit about the class; i.e. it took me like 8 attempts to even kill Hiram Creed :lol In all fairness, I only started playing on a rogue like 2 weeks ago and it was my wife's old character that was already level 80 when I transferred it over to my account.

If you're taking a lot of cleave damage, Feint is seriously your best friend. Learn when you can abuse it (it's seriously so strong). There's also CloS for big incoming magic damage. If you feel like a boss you can also vanish big instant damage nukes.

Anyway, I'm more targetting the fact how boring combat rogues seem. I think making them offtankish would give them more flavour - a swashbuckling class that can face off against a warrior yea!

sazzy

I started when WoW came out.

Also..what can we do with our copied 85s? Can we actually get to 90? What can we que for?

i think level cap is 86 or 87 right now

you can do temple of the jade serpent and the new zone, jade forest

and panda starting zone

Sarcasm

lol...thats another player I am on:

ibwJ54kfgGUZS9.jpg

SteveWD40

If you're taking a lot of cleave damage, Feint is seriously your best friend. Learn when you can abuse it (it's seriously so strong). There's also CloS for big incoming magic damage. If you feel like a boss you can also vanish big instant damage nukes.

Anyway, I'm more targetting the fact how boring combat rogues seem. I think making them offtankish would give them more flavour - a swashbuckling class that can face off against a warrior yea!

Funny how things change, seeing Sub listed as a solid single target DPS spec makes me :O

I played a Rogue for 5 years, raided for 3 of those (Vanilla, TBC and some of Wrath) and for the last 2 of those Assassination was the go to spec for both PVP and PVE, Mutigreat we used to call it. Combat was the safer spec and the one many used but Muti really shone if you nailed the cycle and kept poisons stacked.

It was also easily the most fun, sub was great when all your CD's were up but Muti just felt solid, watching you stack 2-3 combo points in one crit and using finishers every other shot ftw.

Edit: and yes, I had been saying that for years, that Combat should be a Rogue tank spec, but maybe leaning to off-tank, they should also have added in things like "Influences" that buff the partys crit rate or Agi etc... Rogues seriously need group utility as in 5 mans taking a Rogue over a Mage used to be seen as desperation. Of course I am way out of the loop these days.

Won

Monk class seems pretty fun. Though I dunno about the pandas.

Pandas are badass.

Not sure on the Monk yet on the other end. Mostly because I have no idea how well the animations will work with the other races. Tried an Undead Monk and he has no real roll yet. :(

sazzy

is it gonna be ok to roll a panda monk when the expac comes out?

i'm wondering if this class/race combo is gonna be saturated

havent been around for the other expacs so wondering whats it like when a new class/race combo is introduced

Acidote

is it gonna be ok to roll a panda monk when the expac comes out?

i'm wondering if this class/race combo is gonna be saturated

havent been around for the other expacs so wondering whats it like when a new class/race combo is introduced

If it is anything like when the DK was released they'll be everywhere.

Won

There will be more Pandaren Monks than the world needs at lower levels. At higher levels it's harder to say. DK had the level 55 advantage so it was easy to reroll, so there were too many. I think Bloodelf Paladins were okish, but that wasn't a completely new class.

Carm

Has anyone transferred their Hunter to the beta? I haven't kept up with everything in MoP, but when I transferred mine, my pets no longer have a talent tree, but the npc to reset them still exists, did they remove pet talent trees? Also, my first five stable slots are showing empty on beta when they shouldn't be, and can't be used either, anyone else run into that?

sazzy

Anyone up for a game of Mad Libs?

Once upon a time, the (ADJECTIVE) king of Stormwind, Varian Wrynn, was sailing on his ship, the Pride of (PROPER NOUN), when suddenly an orcish warship came out of the fog! "Battle stations!" the king ordered. "We will not let them take the (ADJECTIVE) (PLURAL NOUN)!" Two troll hunters fired arrows at Varian, narrowly missing his (PART OF THE BODY). "By (NAME OF FAVORITE DEAD ALLIANCE PALADIN)'s ghost! That was close," Varian (PAST TENSE OF BODILY FUNCTION).

Garrosh Hellscream, warchief of the Horde, ran out onto the deck of his ship, the (ORC NAME)'s (EMOTION THAT YOU FEEL WHEN YOU LOSE A REALLY IMPORTANT ROLL BY 1). "Varian, you cowardly (FAVORITE FARM ANIMAL)! Come face me, and feel the might of my Mag'har (BODILY FLUID)!" Garrosh lunged forward and, with the grace of a (TAMABLE CREATURE), landed on Varian's ship. The two fought until the (PART OF A SHIP) was (COLOR) with (PLURAL OF AN ORGAN FOUND IN THE HUMAN BODY).

Suddenly, Chen Stormstout appeared in a puff of (NAME OF FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE). "Stop this at once! Your battle has cut off shipments of the ingredients to my prized new ale, (ADJECTIVE)(NAME OF CLIMATE) (NAME OF SEASON) Stout! If this continues, we will never have enough for Brewfest!" Varian and Garrosh looked at each other's (ADJECTIVE) faces and agreed that this fighting was pointless. "Garrosh, what do you say we let bygones be bygones and have (THE LARGEST NUMBER YOU CAN IMAGINE) drinks together at Brewfest?" "A true warchief partners with (THE FIRST WORD YOU THINK OF)!"

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/03/31/breakfast-topic-wow-mad-libs/

Tess3ract

Banned
Does anyone know anyone that wants to try out WoW?

Probably less likely to refer a friend since the game is free till level 20 now.

I just want my rocket mount :(

Animal

Banned
So i started playing again after having not played since Cata launch.

I stopped after having quested through the zones and dinged 85.

I am a prot warrior in quest greens. Lots of things have changed since I last played.

What is the progression for me forward? Dungeons -> Heroic Dungeons?

sazzy

Do you need to play a character to reserve a name or is creating a character enough?

Want to know for the pandapack :p

Voidguts

What is the progression for me forward? Dungeons -> Heroic Dungeons?

Cataclysm randoms until 329ish ilevel -> Cataclysm heroics until 353ish ilvl -> Hour of Twilight heroics until 372 ilvl -> Looking For Raid

buying Valor and Justice gear will help a ton in reaching these gear level caps. hope this helps.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I don't care what people say about WoW, but this game can still looks pretty good despite being so old.

sanstitrewza2x.png

Vodh

Whoever pulled the trigger on the realistic graphics and made Blizz go down the cartoonish path made the right choice. WoW has pretty good graphics, and is able to communicate the beautiful aesthetics really neatly.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Yeah, cartoonish art styles are usually timeless.

In 20 years, we'll laugh at ps3/360 graphics and still think WoW holds up in vids/screen shosts.

Blizzard's always done that.

With the sole exception of D1/D2 which were done by Blizz North, and you can see they wanted a stylized art direction for D3. If you play 'em now, D1/D2 hold up pretty poorly in the graphics department compared to some of their other stuff. D1 came out after Warcraft 2 yet looks a lot worse, though obviously both look dated as shit.

Tadale

I'm trying to figure out what class I want boosted to 80. Either a paladin, warlock, or priest. Are any of those classes super under powered currently?

sazzy

I'm trying to figure out what class I want boosted to 80. Either a paladin, warlock, or priest. Are any of those classes super under powered currently?

apparently priests take a long time to level. so if your goal is to skip the levelling, go with that.

Priests are quite awesome. They also don't take particularly long to level, I don't know where you heard that. That hasn't been true since the 4.0 talent revamp (and maybe earlier, I leveled mine in 2005 when it WAS slow as shit).

80-85 will be just as fast with priest as with pally or lock, as far as I can tell.

Rokam

Priests are quite awesome. They also don't take particularly long to level, I don't know where you heard that. That hasn't been true since the 4.0 talent revamp (and maybe earlier, I leveled mine in 2005 when it WAS slow as shit).

80-85 will be just as fast with priest as with pally or lock, as far as I can tell.

Remember when the fastest way to level was pick up wand spec and rely on wands, bubble, and SW:p. So much fun!

Top Bottom