• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

fljOX.jpg

I'm calling this an Unfunny Lie Day joke that's just based off of the offhand comment Blizzard made.

I wouldn't put it past Blizzard to actually derail her character, though; you just know they're looking for some horrible excuse to marry Jaina to Varian.

Rokam

Best way to farm embersilk is when the Darkmoon Faire comes, spend all week fishing on the DM Island. The wreckage pools usually have a crapload.

Quick thoughts on my beta experience so far

-The opening panda area almost looks like an entirely different game. Artistically it's rather beautiful, the music is great, and the panda character models just look amazing.

-I'm only lv6 but thus far I like the zone, although it does feel easier than previous ones. Very beginner friendly

-I plan on choosing Brewmaster once I hit lv10; I'm assuming everyone else will be selected the dps spec for the most part. With other tank classes you can tell early on which spells or instants will be used for tanking, but so far I can't really tell. Pretty much everything is dps focused, outside of a stun

-I LOVE the dodge ability, and would love for all classes to get something like it (as in GW2). I'd imagine healers won't be too thrilled about pandas rolling out of range but it looks awesome, and will probably be great for avoiding damage.

-Anecdotal, but it seems like way more people are involved in this beta than were in Cata's. I remember there being a lot of Worgen running around when I was in that beta, but there are pandas everywhere in this. Like, the zone is full as fuck

-Panda mages do a hodoken :eek:

sazzy

god i swear everything crabby crabby is saying sounds like bashiok (aka TaiChiB)

he's such a troll

Crabby: You can't post on the beta forums without a key! Do you want one?
Me: Sure Crabby!
Crabby: Poppa Crabby always delivers!
Me: Really?
Crabby: Generating Key..
*Scrolls over* 'jklol'

Downvote rude or disrespectful posts; if a post receives enough downvotes, it will be hidden. The masses will eke out societal justice!

Tamanon

Banned
Crabby's back!

BTW, Darkmoon Faire week. Even if you don't participate, it would behoove you to get the Adventurer's guide. Those items that drop in Dungeons/PvP are a gold mine. Made 900g off 3 of them today on my 38 Shammy.

Crabby puts on hats (and changes them!) if you click on him. Some pretty entertaining stuff there.

Also has some interesting lines to say. First one that popped up for me was commenting how the druid I was logged in as was almost "a big boy" for being level 83 and that I only had 2 more levels to go.

Another one was about killing Deathwing, and how you probably did since you're awesome. :D

Ultratech

Welp, that sorta sucks...

Got a reply back on my ticket and sadly, my stuff can't really be restored.

This is what I got:
"Unfortunately being that we are only able to hold character records for so long due to storage restrictions, we no longer have records of the gold and/or items your characters had before the compromise. "

That said, it's not surprising, since before I got hacked, I quit playing around Nov/Dec '07. Think I got hacked in March 2010 (or so I'm guessing...).
Well, I guess my old 70 Hunter can get a level boost to 80 now.
Also stuck with Mining/Skinning (since said hacker got rid of my Leatherworking) though I suppose I can sell off all that ore and crap and get some Gold.
I think i saw where it was like 450 Mining/ 375 Skinning.

Not totally screwed, I suppose, but I barely remember what I lost anyhow. At least they left my equipped items alone.

On further inspection, it seems they left most of my stuff in the bank alone. Some odd things here and there missing (no idea what exactly), but lots of pets and a mount or two to learn.
Didn't know that mounts/pets were compartmentalized now, which saves on item space.
Still sucks missing that Sonic Spear. They also made my poor guy a glutton for punishment, since my armor's all broke.

Sciz

The beard and Christmas lights are good, Garrosh, but the dress code explicitly said red and green, not black and brown. And you'll have to take off your tiara.

Khezu

There removing flame orb in MOP, and replacing it with frozen orb, a better version that is exclusive to frost.

As a fire mage, this is all kinds of bullshit. Well it may not have been the most powerful ability, it was cool to have and had a neat graphic.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Looking at the new cloud serpent mount video on MMO champion... our poor toons will surely get sick with all that movement. :lol

Rokam

Really wish they'd add an option to downvote 1 or 2 heroics to make it so you have less of a chance of getting it in the Cataclysm Heroic section. I hate ZA so much, especially because everyone always wants a full run.

I dont mind running them, its annoying that I cant just do the troll ones as I quite like it. Killing the trash for rep is handy for me.

Rokam

I dont mind running them, its annoying that I cant just do the troll ones as I quite like it. Killing the trash for rep is handy for me.

I'm really surprised they didn't implement a system like it, since both WC3 and SC had it. Obviously they'd have to limit it, but hell it might help decrease the number of leavers. I remember at the start of Cata if Grim Batol came up everyone usually left :(.

Are the DMF item quests a one time only deal or just everytime DMF is around?

I had loads of the items but they were taking up bankspace. Did get bored and decided to catch the sea pony. Only took about forty mins so that was pretty good.

I had loads of the items but they were taking up bankspace. Did get bored and decided to catch the sea pony. Only took about forty mins so that was pretty good.

The stuff you get (Adventurer's Journal etc) off dungeons bosses and other players when PvPing are a one time deal. The other quests, like getting 250 ears are once each time the fair rolls around.

Wish they did it with bgs >.<; some are just painfully bad.

Strand, Isle, and Alterac are terrible

AV is occasionally fun when both armies all meet at one point and have a huge battle, but that happens so goddamned infrequently that it doesn't even matter.

Khezu

I always wanted a 40v40 BG that was set inside random capital cities. except exodar that place would suck for it. No objectives, just TDM, with optional turn ins like AV has or used to have, where you could summon city bosses like jaina, thrall, or generic blood elf dude with a cool mask.

Honestly I think blizz really dropped the ball with BGs in general, it could have been so cool, but there needs to be more variety in maps, the two added in cata were a slight step in the right direction.

Rokam

On the topic of sea ponies, I saw a wreckage pool and on first cast caught one. Makes me sad because I spent a whole shitload of time on another character and never got it. :(

Enosh

worst case scenario happened
I love the game and want to play more -.-
need to get the money together for cata and a game card now...

Acidote

worst case scenario happened
I love the game and want to play more -.-
need to get the money together for cata and a game card now...

Can't somebody use the resurrection scroll with you? That way you'd get Cata for free and all the other stuff (free server transfer, boost a character to 80...).

Enosh

Can't somebody use the resurrection scroll with you? That way you'd get Cata for free and all the other stuff (free server transfer, boost a character to 80...).
think your acc had to run out before a certain date to be eligible for a SoR, mine is still active now

Anyone know of a good site or addon for tracking pets?
My attention span is horrendous as i bounce from grinding rep to buying up mounts to buying up pets!

Holy buhjeebus, they changed Ret to the extreme! I don't even know what I'm doing, haha! I attack and half my action bar starts glowing, then I freeze like a deer in headlights.

I've been Ret since forever, and coming back to this after 2 years... Over my head, Lol.

Guess I'll have to fiddle with it more as my off spec and main Prot!

Entropia

No One Remembers
Holy buhjeebus, they changed Ret to the extreme! I don't even know what I'm doing, haha! I attack and half my action bar starts glowing, then I freeze like a deer in headlights.

I've been Ret since forever, and coming back to this after 2 years... Over my head, Lol.

Pick up CLC Ret, it tells you what button to press next.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
The stuff you get (Adventurer's Journal etc) off dungeons bosses and other players when PvPing are a one time deal. The other quests, like getting 250 ears are once each time the fair rolls around.

You can use those items more than the once. It's just once every DMF. Once a new DMF rolls around you can hand 'em in again if you get some more.

My attention span is horrendous as i bounce from grinding rep to buying up mounts to buying up pets!

I think there's one called Collectinator. Not sure if it's what your after but what it does is scans your pets and tells you what you're missing and where to buy them, at least that's what I think it does I never got around to trying it. ;)

I played Ret for the first time this expansion not too long ago and I really didn't like it much. I feel like they make you hit too many buttons and skills, like there's too much to keep track of. It doesn't feel like it flows very well even with CLC Ret that Entropia posted. It irritates me. The fact that you need an addon for it just tells you how absurd it is.
I liked it better in WotLK but I know they wanted to move away from how mind numbingly easy that was.

Thanks ill check it out.

I just know going ot the Ah and looking is a bad move.my server is mental with resellers like while leveling cooking I checked a few recipes and people were selling ones you buy for 6silver for 200g as I bought some from the npc and a few more for lols and they actually got bought! Cats and parrots for like 110g each!
wut.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks ill check it out.

I just know going ot the Ah and looking is a bad move.my server is mental with resellers like while leveling cooking I checked a few recipes and people were selling ones you buy for 6silver for 200g as I bought some from the npc and a few more for lols and they actually got bought! Cats and parrots for like 110g each!
wut.

lol, doesn't surprise me much, people are too lazy to even check.

You can use those items more than the once. It's just once every DMF. Once a new DMF rolls around you can hand 'em in again if you get some more.

I swore that it said I had already completed that quest or something last time I tried. I think I still have one of those on me, so guess I'll give it a go in the morning.

Rock on if you can

Sciz

Check your Armory page. There's an entire tab devoted to listing which pets and mounts you have, and more helpfully, which ones you don't have.

I swore that it said I had already completed that quest or something last time I tried. I think I still have one of those on me, so guess I'll give it a go in the morning.

Rock on if you can

A couple of the PVP items were bugged the second month in and didn't reset properly, and in general, you can't accept one of the quests again after completing it until the day the Faire is back in town.

sazzy

Kinda figuring out why i quit last time, getting facerolled in pvp by over geared players :p

they're trying to fix that for 5.0

i had the most horrible time trying to getting into pvp. my ex-bf wouldn't tell me anything about the BG's except 'just follow everyone and do what they're doing' or 'just play it its not that difficult'

and i kept going 'WTF i die in literally 2 seconds what the F am i supposed to do??!!'

eventually i would just stay hidden until the match was won and i won honor points --> getting pvp gear --> now i finally don't die in 2 seconds. i still suck at pvp but at least its fun now.

i'm really glad they're trying to fix it.

they're trying to fix that for 5.0

i had the most horrible time trying to getting into pvp. my ex-bf wouldn't tell me anything about the BG's except 'just follow everyone and do what they're doing' or 'just play it its not that difficult'

and i kept going 'WTF i die in literally 2 seconds what the F am i supposed to do??!!'

eventually i would just stay hidden until the match was won and i won honor points --> getting pvp gear --> now i finally don't die in 2 seconds. i still suck at pvp but at least its fun now.

i'm really glad they're trying to fix it.

What I did was, I used my extra JP from running dungeons to convert to honor, and use that to start PvPing. This doesn't really work unless you run a lot of dungeons, though. After that I ran 2s Arena with a friend, and after capping out for 3 weeks in a row I'm now pretty highly geared up.

But I agree the system is stupid. Resilience made it so you have to grind two separate sets of gear for PvP and PvE, and much harder to cross over. Also the amount of difference gear makes in PvP is retarded.

timmy

What's the best spec for leveling a warlock these days? I remember having lots of fun and being efficient as hell with affliction way back when, but it's a brave new world out there.

Top Bottom