• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Rokam

No matter what though don't boost a warlock unless you've played one near max level. Seems to be a class that's extremely hit or miss. Wouldn't want to waste the boost if you don't like it.

Remember when the fastest way to level was pick up wand spec and rely on wands, bubble, and SW:p. So much fun!
I think I spammed Smite for the first 20-25 levels or so.

I DO remember picking up a wand really late, like level 30 or so, and having to go back and grind my fucking wand skill on low level mobs until it caught up to my current level. And getting really excited every time my wand skill leveled up after that.

Getting shadowform was an immense moment for me (it used to look like the current glyphed version, I remember when they changed it to the current regular version, I loved the change so much). Level 40 & 41 were so exciting, lol.

Alex

WoW would be a lot more timeless visually if the attention to detail and texture quality that popped up in WOTLK was the standard the whole way, it's kind of messy before then. BC was a hop and had the art direction but there was something in WOTLK where the art became much more represented

What would be the biggest upgrade for the games visuals is making it possible to avoid vanilla era assets entirely. Destruction of Theramore just screams 2004 in all the bad ways, it looks downright silly next to the tech upgrades and modern art in the rest of the expansion. They should really work on kits for things they don't have with updated textures and art, like all that rubble and stonework.

Wrath is where they really perfected the "living cartoon/painting" for a lot of the zones. Howling Fjord to this day is one of the most amazing looking zones they pulled off.

A lot of vanilla was too coarse for this to carry through well. Sometimes they still did a bang-up job, like with STV.

Tadale

No matter what though don't boost a warlock unless you've played one near max level. Seems to be a class that's extremely hit or miss. Wouldn't want to waste the boost if you don't like it.

Ive played the game off and on since 2004 but I've never really played priest or warlock, but I imagine that I could handle them at max level since I'm fairly familiar with their mechanics. I think I might try Tauren paladin.

before i use my scroll, i'm thinking of boosting a mage. My usual classes are melee (have a dk and pally) you reckon a mage would be a good change of pace for me?

sazzy

before i use my scroll, i'm thinking of boosting a mage. My usual classes are melee (have a dk and pally) you reckon a mage would be a good change of pace for me?

go druid. if you don't like caster mechanics with balance, you can always go back to melee with feral.

disclaimer- i love my boomkin so i may be biased lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Personally, as a melee guy, I like Shaman and Warlock range over Priest, Druid, and Mage.

Shaman and Druid would be smart bets since they can do melee, but I personally didn't really like Druid range.

sazzy

Personally, as a melee guy, I like Shaman and Warlock range over Priest, Druid, and Mage.

Shaman and Druid would be smart bets since they can do melee, but I personally didn't really like Druid range.

:O

edit- i tried playing enhancement but it really didn't grow on me. im always worrying about lightning orbs and if my totems are near enough/active. its a huge distraction.

Sciz

edit- i tried playing enhancement but it really didn't grow on me. im always worrying about lightning orbs and if my totems are near enough/active. its a huge distraction.

You can glyph lightning shield to not have to worry about it at all.

sazzy

You can glyph lightning shield to not have to worry about it at all.

i only got to level 45 i think.. i dont even remember what i put in as my first glyph set. its been a few months since i played my shammy.

i'll keep that in mind next time i log in.

Tess3ract

Banned
Priests are quite awesome. They also don't take particularly long to level, I don't know where you heard that. That hasn't been true since the 4.0 talent revamp (and maybe earlier, I leveled mine in 2005 when it WAS slow as shit).

80-85 will be just as fast with priest as with pally or lock, as far as I can tell.
My priest takes a very short time to level, especially through dungeons with BoAs. So good.

lol i see shammys doing that all the time

is resto shammy easy?

resto druid is pretty chill.
It's the fucking easiest thing in the world

Enhancement is so easy. My SHaman is enh at level 70 and I just LOOK at something and it dies, and once I get damaged a bit, i cast my 1 second heal and it gives me back half my health

Why is my main not a shaman

Don't boost a mage. Mages are fun. Mage is 81, would not take back the leveling.

Boost:

Warrior
Rogue
Druid
DK

those are all boring

Maybe I'm just biased not having gotten very far with either, but I think Rogue and Warlock are two of the shittiest classes to level. Paladin may be up there at least for questing, not sure (I do have one at ~70). Leveling Rogue in Battlegrounds is pretty entertaining though. Subtlety can one-shot a lot of the time on any non-heirloomed people, even without heirlooms yourself.

Hunter I'm not sure how it is now, I don't remember - it was my second 80 and I haven't touched a Hunter in a very long time (e.g. Haven't touched one for more than 10 minutes after the Mana > Focus change.)

iirate

As someone that randomly enjoys priest leveling more than any other class, I just wanted to add that discipline is a faster, much more powerful, and safer leveling spec than shadow, at least until 85.

Also, resto shaman, like most specs in the game is easy to pick up, but difficult to absolutely master. I've mained a resto shaman since vanilla, and I noticeably out-perform other, more geared shamans regularly. Healing successfully in general is a pretty easy thing, with lots of room for error, but absolutely perfect healing play is much more difficult, making for a high skill cap.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I dont know if its just me, but i dont feel like playing my live character on beta that much, i mean im just going to do all the same stuff again, with the same character, later this year.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So many pandas on the top of the starting temple for the scroll quest... i give up lol.

And what's with all the players saying they have 60 fps on ultra? I have a gtx 560ti with 8gb of ram and a 3.2ghz AMD quadcore and i get 20 over there with so many people. What kind of freaking computer do they have?

Mr2day

You poor bastard, you haven't even gotten to the worst part yet. Try not to kill yourself when you get to Frostweave.

Pro tip for Netherweave: Normal Blood Furnace.

Yeah I don't even wanna think about the later levels haha. Enchanting won't be too hard with all the tailoring stuff I can DE plus drops while cloth farming right? Or am I vastly underestimating the mats required for this as well?

Rokam

Yeah I don't even wanna think about the later levels haha. Enchanting won't be too hard with all the tailoring stuff I can DE plus drops while cloth farming right? Or am I vastly underestimating the mats required for this as well?

Nah enchanting isn't too bad as long as you're DE'ing everything. The only annoying parts are the rods.

If you've ever done the Mag'har grind, you'll never want to see Netherweave cloth again. Besides that, I don't know if it's just the way I play in Outland, or there happen to be a ton of humanoid mobs there, but I always end up swimming in more Netherwave than I know what to do with whenever I go there.

Getting Frostweave is definitely more painful by comparison - fewer humanoids and a lower drop rate.

sazzy

you can get a bagful of frostweave stacks pretty quick around the icc plain.

look for the corrupted hero mobs.

edit- see the post below as well

yeah dont remember if theyre corrupted or converted .. but they go in a straight line formation and look like they have several hula hoops around 'em

Rokam

Zoned into Orgrimmar and heard "BONESTOOOOOOOOOORM." Damn you Blizzard. I'm assuming it's tied to April Fools day as I heard other random noises while walking around Dalaran

Edit: Nevermind it's a DBM april fool's joke.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I have 8 85s and never got to 525 Tailoring. I think I'm supposed to just do the Dreamcloth stuff, but I never once have wanted any dreamcloth, so it's kind of awkward.

So many pandas on the top of the starting temple for the scroll quest... i give up lol.

And what's with all the players saying they have 60 fps on ultra? I have a gtx 560ti with 8gb of ram and a 3.2ghz AMD quadcore and i get 20 over there with so many people. What kind of freaking computer do they have?

It's like a game within a game! I did ctr V and clicked on visible health bars until I got it. Then I made a druid to see the talent tree and skills in action :p

I have some crazy screenshots of thousands of pandas standing in 1 spot!

strafer

Well ain't this a bitch.

Logged in to see that I was kicked out of my guild. I specifically said that my gametime had expired but nooo, let's kick.

All that rep gone.

Sigh.

sazzy

Well ain't this a bitch.

Logged in to see that I was kicked out of my guild. I specifically said that my gametime had expired but nooo, let's kick.

All that rep gone.

Sigh.

that sucks

i havent been playing with my guild lately and a few days ago i logged in to see the guild motd saying 'we're merging with a lvl 25 guild. pst to one of officers for an invite to the new guild'.

i havent heard from anyone still :(

Tess3ract

Banned
Well ain't this a bitch.

All that rep gone.

Sigh.
My guild does that but after 30 days because there's a perpetual flow of users coming in.

I lost honored :(

that sucks

i havent been playing with my guild lately and a few days ago i logged in to see the guild motd saying 'we're merging with a lvl 25 guild. pst to one of officers for an invite to the new guild'.

i havent heard from anyone still :(
Wouldn't you have to send a tell to one of the officers? /confused

Kweh

Sooo the problem with getting a free level 80 is having no idea how to play them. Just got a pally and all these abilities and dunno wtf to do :S

Any handy guides/tips? I presume I should level as Ret?

omg, log into my character in SW and get hit by Yogg-Saron's laugh, I was creeped the fuck out before I realized it was probably part of April Fools

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Sooo the problem with getting a free level 80 is having no idea how to play them. Just got a pally and all these abilities and dunno wtf to do :S

Any handy guides/tips? I presume I should level as Ret?

Target dummies, noxxic.com.

omg, log into my character in SW and get hit by Yogg-Saron's laugh, I was creeped the fuck out before I realized it was probably part of April Fools

Deadly Boss Mods April Fools, it has it in the code.

Top Bottom