• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Dunlop

Not interested in playing WOW atm, but almost interested to sign up for a month to get this deal (level 80 toon is worth $15 to me)

time to look up who is left of the old guild....

sazzy

you don't have to pay the 15 to get the lvl 80 toon.

i can send you a scroll and you can just do it with your 7 free days.

Rokam

On my very first heroic run yesterday on my tank I managed to get a Razzashi Hatchling from the bag, sold it for 4k. And for some reason people on Mal'Ganis still pay 200-400g for the raptor pets that can be found in the nests in the world. Easy money everyday.

Tess3ract

Banned
On my very first heroic run yesterday on my tank I managed to get a Razzashi Hatchling from the bag, sold it for 4k. And for some reason people on Mal'Ganis still pay 200-400g for the raptor pets that can be found in the nests in the world. Easy money everyday.
Because effort. I'd rather spend the 400g instead of spending 4 hours looking for it.

strafer

Dynamic Quest Rewards

dynamicrewards2.jpg

Kinda cool.

Vodh

Dynamic Quest Rewards

[IMGhttp://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2012/april/dynamicrewards2.jpg[/IMG]

Kinda cool.

Yeah, but at the same time you won't be able to pick the reward that sells for the most gold if you don't need any of them. I must have earned more than 1k gold from that ;)

Still, kinda cool indeed.

aesop

Yeah, but at the same time you won't be able to pick the reward that sells for the most gold if you don't need any of them. I must have earned more than 1k gold from that ;)

Same here. Not sure I like the idea.

Ultratech

Well, after some research, I think I'll just level my Hunter from 70 onwards.
Mostly because I found out I could get the Hand of A'dal title from having the old version of the Vials of Eternity quest (which I happen to have from about ~4 years ago).
That, and finding out that if you level boost to 80, it might get rid of any active quests you're on.

Kinda laughed that I got some Achievements for some of the old stuff I had lying around like my Epic Brewfest Ram (from 2007).

So weird getting used to the game again after not playing for so long.

C.Dark.DN

Banned

Hm.

The background art makes me think it's certain quests. Only certain special quests had that kind of art, eh?

Mmo-champ's description makes it seem like every quest tho.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Well, after some research, I think I'll just level my Hunter from 70 onwards.
Mostly because I found out I could get the Hand of A'dal title from having the old version of the Vials of Eternity quest (which I happen to have from about ~4 years ago).
That, and finding out that if you level boost to 80, it might get rid of any active quests you're on.

Kinda laughed that I got some Achievements for some of the old stuff I had lying around like my Epic Brewfest Ram (from 2007).

So weird getting used to the game again after not playing for so long.
Boosting a level 70 would be a mistake/waste with how fast 70-80 is with the XP nerf anyway.

That is a very impressive collection. I tip my hat to you, good sir.

I started collecting pets after the Blizzcon pokemon announcement and it's whats kept me playing the past few months. Can't wait to catch them all in Mists.

Thanks!

Yeah, that's why I mentioned that my guild is probably gonna hate me come Mists because once I get leveled and complete all the quests for the zones, I'll be more enthralled with searching the world for the pets as opposed to getting geared right away for raids. *chuckles*

Ultratech

Yeah I got my 70 mage to 80 in like 10 hours. 20% boost from heirlooms and 10% from a guild though. Also full rested.

Yeah, I figure I'll just join a leveling guild and reap the bonuses from that.

May boost something else later on or just use the realm transfer.

It helps to have the guild heirlooms purchased before you start a new character, because getting up to honored with your guild or whatever is annoying on a new character. Guild rep gains are really really low in the early levels.

Tess3ract

Banned
It helps to have the guild heirlooms purchased before you start a new character, because getting up to honored with your guild or whatever is annoying on a new character. Guild rep gains are really really low in the early levels.
I have to re-do that because my guild kicks 30 day inactives :(

I have to re-do that because my guild kicks 30 day inactives :(
Did you rejoin the same guild within 30 days of getting kicked? If so, I don't think you have to regrind it.

Otherwise, yeah, that sucks. I just left a guild I was almost Revered with, and joined a new one. So I'm doing it again from Neutral this week, just hit Friendly =9

Tess3ract

Banned
Did you rejoin the same guild within 30 days of getting kicked? If so, I don't think you have to regrind it.

Otherwise, yeah, that sucks. I just left a guild I was almost Revered with, and joined a new one. So I'm doing it again from Neutral this week, just hit Friendly =9
12+ months, so no

Tamanon

Banned
Well, there's also that Anger debuff he inflicts on 3 random people that causes them and everyone around them to be MC'd and do 300% damage.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Kind of surreal seeing a screenshot of a world boss after all this time. Looking forward to it.

Well, Cata also had 3 world bosses but their spawn timer was so large that almost no one ever got to see them.

Rokal

Eh, not quite the same. The Cata world bosses were really designed for a small group, not a raid. The sense of scale was much different. You're right that they are still world bosses, but they aren't the sort I'm thinking about when I mention world bosses.

Overall the Panda area is fun. I only experienced one bug, where I was stuck for a few hours lol (I jumped on the turtle carrying the island, not a good idea).

Can't really say I like the Monk class overall, at least so far. Perhaps it has more to do with the new talent/spec set up, which feels so barebones. I'm a Brewmaster, just got to lv15 so I can do dungeons, but I basically have no tank spells. Yes, I have a taunt (which is pretty nice actually; whatever you taunt gets a 50% movement buff) and a stun but that's it. No AOE, nothing I can see that is your bread and butter attack.

I think I'll try to tank Deadmines just to see what happens lmao. IIRC by level 15 with a warrior you already have Thunder Clap, Sunder, and Heroic Strike.

Also the chi set up is weird. The attack that creates 1 chi costs 40 energy...bleh. You can obviously set up a nice rotation to ensure you're making chi nearly as fast as you're spending it, but it's still a weird set up. Maybe I'm just an old dinosaur too accustomed with warriors, but the monk just feels very cumbersome

Rokam

Overall the Panda area is fun. I only experienced one bug, where I was stuck for a few hours lol (I jumped on the turtle carrying the island, not a good idea).

Can't really say I like the Monk class overall, at least so far. Perhaps it has more to do with the new talent/spec set up, which feels so barebones. I'm a Brewmaster, just got to lv15 so I can do dungeons, but I basically have no tank spells. Yes, I have a taunt (which is pretty nice actually; whatever you taunt gets a 50% movement buff) and a stun but that's it. No AOE, nothing I can see that is your bread and butter attack.

I think I'll try to tank Deadmines just to see what happens lmao. IIRC by level 15 with a warrior you already have Thunder Clap, Sunder, and Heroic Strike.

Also the chi set up is weird. The attack that creates 1 chi costs 40 energy...bleh. You can obviously set up a nice rotation to ensure you're making chi nearly as fast as you're spending it, but it's still a weird set up. Maybe I'm just an old dinosaur too accustomed with warriors, but the monk just feels very cumbersome

Apparently they're fixing Monk early levels, because there's a severe lack of abilities.

Apparently they're fixing Monk early levels, because there's a severe lack of abilities.

It's crazy. They're some of the worst early abilities of any class in the game imo. Feels very rushed.

Currently the Westfall quests are buggy on my server, so I've been questing in Redridge; haven't done these quests since vanilla. IIRC the Westfall quest line was redone for Cata, there's a CSI: Miami reference in one of the quests which I don't remember from years ago, perhaps it's new.

Rokam

Hooray for luck, Needy Achievement, Shoulders I've been after, and Dun Morogh Bear cub all on same run. I really like the HoT instances first time doing them today really quick and extremely easy :p.

Mairu

New cooking recipes up on mmo-champion. I hope they end up either changing the Pandaren racial or everyone else's racial because that bonus is going to be ridiculous. Probably going to end up switching at least one of my characters if they don't do anything to it ;|

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
New cooking recipes up on mmo-champion. I hope they end up either changing the Pandaren racial or everyone else's racial because that bonus is going to be ridiculous. Probably going to end up switching at least one of my characters if they don't do anything to it ;|

I'm sure they will change it before release. Getting 600 stats instead of 300 would be ridiculous if it went live that way.

Enchanters can now craft Dust -> Lesser Essence -> Greater Essence -> Uncommon Shard -> Rare Shard. This allows you to use the wasted materials from disenchanting items to get what you need.

This is a pretty significant change. The prices will all be regulated in accordance to each other. I don't know if it's really a buff or a nerf to the profession though. At the least, it should prevent the odd position a lot of Enchanting has been in Cataclysm, especially at launch, when Epics were ludicrously rare (5k+ a crystal!?). It's probably a good thing in the end as only Enchanters can actually craft the stuff, and with crystals being more accessible this way, you'll get a lot more volume which should more than make up for the lowered/somewhat fixed price.

BoE Jewelcrafting Mount!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB2w--jCo98

Looks pretty neat.

The new alchemist stone is also pretty boss:

http://www.wowdb.com/items/75274-zen-alchemist-stone

Kind of weird that it's not epic from the start this time. Though they've been flipping back and forth on that for the past expansions. The effect is really good though, so it'll definitely be a great starting trinket, if it doesn't at least last you the first tier.

There's also this new rare volatile/elemental:

http://www.wowdb.com/items/76061-spirit-of-harmony

Could be equivalent to Primal Might, or it could just happen to be a rare thing that you sometimes find, like the rare hides from skinning. Even if that were the case, you still may be able to craft it.

Along with that, there's http://www.wowdb.com/items/80816-spirit-of-the-season

which seems as though it might change depending on the actual season (it's malleable in some way if that's not the case). The source of that should be interesting, compared to the other volatile equivalents.

The profession stuff definitely isn't final at all, as it has the strength flask only giving 298, while all the others give 1000 of whatever stat. This is the sort of stuff that I really get excited for though, especially if I get into my market analyst mode. I'll probably try and break 1 million gold before I'm done with Mists. Shouldn't be too hard starting at a bit over 100k. If I do get there, gold sinks for all my toons! :p

Top Bottom