• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Enosh

this is fucked, was thinking of doing some wrath heroics while waiting to get the money together to buy cataclysm and there is an required ilvl for it, 180, thought okay cool, will look up wowhead which dungeons drop what with an ilvl above 180 (iirc 187 is the normal mode dungeon gear) and pretty much all the plate is tanking gear, there is barely any dps gear outside of a full set you can make with blacksmithing, one trinket, no rings, no neck, no relic at all, in fact there isn't a non pvp relic until cataclysm

soo do I simply need on the tanking stuff? Makes me kinda feel like a dick if i win

Tamanon

Banned
Could do a little PvP to buy some cheap high-level honor gear from Wrath. Think it was 232. Of course you'll get absolutely destroyed by folks in Cata greens just farming the 80 bracket....

Had my first discouraging time healing with my shammy yesterday. At level 47 and had a tank that did chain pulls but then never checked to make sure he had aggro on the mobs he pulled, so they kept coming for me.:/

Duki

Banned
this is fucked, was thinking of doing some wrath heroics while waiting to get the money together to buy cataclysm and there is an required ilvl for it, 180, thought okay cool, will look up wowhead which dungeons drop what with an ilvl above 180 (iirc 187 is the normal mode dungeon gear) and pretty much all the plate is tanking gear, there is barely any dps gear outside of a full set you can make with blacksmithing, one trinket, no rings, no neck, no relic at all, in fact there isn't a non pvp relic until cataclysm

soo do I simply need on the tanking stuff? Makes me kinda feel like a dick if i win

look on the ah for cata greens, you should still be able to buy them

get some lvl 80 ones

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You can buy a relic in Grizzly Hills, not sure if they changed it to have pvp stats though.

jersoc

this is probably a long shot, but anyone on laughing skull have a guild that raids at like 130am 'ish server time?

sorta getting back into this game after a year off and no one from my guild plays anymore.

edit:forgot to add horde

scoobs

this is probably a long shot, but anyone on laughing skull have a guild that raids at like 130am 'ish server time?

sorta getting back into this game after a year off and no one from my guild plays anymore.

edit:forgot to add horde

Raid finder is my new best friend. Gears not quite as good but its still great that i can experience the content that I've been missing out on for a long time. Haven't seriously raided in more than a year!

Been doing the cooking an fishing Dailys in Dal. Managed to get the crab pet a few days ago and I got the last quest for the achiv and a fishing hat in the bag :)

Annoyingly I have one quest in org and thunder for both cooking and fishing left to come up to get the achivements for that!

Also made about 900G just from killing mobs to get Mr Grubs, That was an easy pet to get and all the cloth sold for loads!

Rokam

Got a mechanopeep and sen'jin fetish from my bag today. Should've leveled a tank earlier. Although I've nearly got all my BiS pre-raid items, minus the valor gear which will take awhile. And since my computer and raids don't mix... time to level a new character!

Been doing the cooking an fishing Dailys in Dal. Managed to get the crab pet a few days ago and I got the last quest for the achiv and a fishing hat in the bag :)

Annoyingly I have one quest in org and thunder for both cooking and fishing left to come up to get the achivements for that!

Also made about 900G just from killing mobs to get Mr Grubs, That was an easy pet to get and all the cloth sold for loads!

I've go 2 more Undercity fishing ones to do and I can finally knock all those damn daily ones out of the way.

Only 1700 achievement points to 10,000. That's my goal before MoP.

Enosh

look on the ah for cata greens, you should still be able to buy them

get some lvl 80 ones
yeah was thinking about that, but like said getting cata soon(tm) and don't feel like wasting some 2k gold for that intermediate period, especially since I am also still saving for the epic mount

will just level up blacksmithing (which i have to do anyway ^^) and get the 187 set from it

Got a mechanopeep and sen'jin fetish from my bag today. Should've leveled a tank earlier. Although I've nearly got all my BiS pre-raid items, minus the valor gear which will take awhile. And since my computer and raids don't mix... time to level a new character!

You bastard.
I only ever run Heroics now if the bag is up for grabs and all ive gotten is a tristfall bat and a sewer rat that I could have fished up myself!

Bisnic

How can people have almost 200 companions? I'm at 118 and other than a few Darkmoon Faire and Argent Tournament ones left, i feel like all that's left is companions sold for 500-5000g in the AH, ultra rare drops, trading cards pets, Blizzard Store pets or CE pets...

How can people have almost 200 companions? I'm at 118 and other than a few Darkmoon Faire and Argent Tournament ones left, i feel like all that's left is companions sold for 500-5000g in the AH, ultra rare drops, trading cards pets, Blizzard Store pets or CE pets...

Yup. BlizzCon, the TCG, Blizzard Store, collector's editions, and the auction house (including neutral for opposite faction pets). Then you have rep pets, archy pets, crafting pets, pets for getting pets, and holiday pets. There's also a crap ton of farming involved.

For some reason I have horrible luck with holiday pets... still missing Lumpy, the orange robot, and toxic wasteling. I'll pick up my last two children's day pets as long as they don't add more this year. Missing one archy pet and two TCG ones... and then there is Mini Tyrael that I don't ever expect to get at this point because I refuse to pay that despite my collecting nature.

I need Murkimus too but I'm going to be moving soon and it'll probably be hard to get even 50 games in. I'll save that for next season I guess. :\

Bisnic

Yup. BlizzCon, the TCG, Blizzard Store, collector's editions, and the auction house (including neutral for opposite faction pets). Then you have rep pets, archy pets, crafting pets, pets for getting pets, and holiday pets. There's also a crap ton of farming involved.

For some reason I have horrible luck with holiday pets... still missing Lumpy, the orange robot, and toxic wasteling. I'll pick up my last two children's day pets as long as they don't add more this year. Missing one archy pet and two TCG ones... and then there is Mini Tyrael that I don't ever expect to get at this point because I refuse to pay that despite my collecting nature.

I need Murkimus too but I'm going to be moving soon and it'll probably be hard to get even 50 games in. I'll save that for next season I guess. :\

It sucks because i really wanted the special companion from having 150. It looks really nice with how it moves around. But unless they release a lot more with MoP, i feel like i'll have to spend a few thousands of gold or kill low lvl monsters for hours hoping to see them drop...

It sucks because i really wanted the special companion from having 150. It looks really nice with how it moves around. But unless they release a lot more with MoP, i feel like i'll have to spend a few thousands of gold or kill low lvl monsters for hours hoping to see them drop...

Yeah, it's all luck in both... and not luck. For example, I nabbed that rare macaw drop in the AH for 3k (cause gourd knows I couldn't get he damn thing to drop) when Cata dropped and everyone was in Stranglethorn. The Emerald Whelpling took me HOURS. I was able to get the fox in Tol Barad faster than that one. Right now I'm working on the crawling claw in archy and I'm ready to beat someone down. On the plus side, I managed to get the mount... which made a couple of people in my guild grumpy because I'm the only person with it. *chuckles* But a few of them have the pet so I think we're even.

My recommendation is start a profile on WarcraftPets and check off the ones you have and look at the ones you need. Figure out which ones you can buy from vendors - you could already have the rep or just forgot about it - and just tackle that list. Then move to ones you think you could grind for when it comes to downtime. Also, there are a couple of pets you can get if your guild has completed some achievements. Don't forget about those too.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
ok my knowledge of how to warlock is totally gone in 3 years out, I used to drain tank, now its demonology, here is my char, what spell rotation for leveling should I use with felguard.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Dazathar/talent/primary

also my gear is lol worthy, but I cant find any level 77 cata greens on the AH that i should buyup now?
Preface: Warlock was my 6th 85 that I dinged and drop to work on my 7th and I didn't really learn it well yet.

On AOE I was lazy and just rain of fired and let the felguard do his wirlwind.

On single target I pretty much just used curse of the elements, immolate, hand of gu'dan, corruption, bane of agony on low hp mobs, bane of doom on high hp, and shadow bolt.

jersoc

Raid finder is my new best friend. Gears not quite as good but its still great that i can experience the content that I've been missing out on for a long time. Haven't seriously raided in more than a year!

yeah, i'm thinkin this is the way to go. not sure i want to take the time to find and xfer. i've been on this server since day 1.

just a few more pieces and i can use the raid finder. but getting some achievements would be nice for mounts and stuff.

having a 2nd shift job is awful for serious raiding. :|

ok my knowledge of how to warlock is totally gone in 3 years out, I used to drain tank, now its demonology, here is my char, what spell rotation for leveling should I use with felguard.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Dazathar/talent/primary

also my gear is lol worthy, but I cant find any level 77 cata greens on the AH that i should buyup now?

it's been a while since i leveled my lock. but i always pulled as many mobs as i could. i leveled to 85 as a demo too. just go fucking nuts. warlocks are way fun to play now too. once i get my pally geared i will gear my lock up again. my lock was my first and still favorite char, but i enjoy healing more than dps'ing.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Meh. Need fest with 25 different people each week makes suck for serious gearing IMO.

The loot system in MOP will be good tho.

scoobs

Meh. Need fest with 25 different people each week makes suck for serious gearing IMO.

The loot system in MOP will be good tho.

I thnk I'm just really lucky, but I've gotten a weapon and 3 pieces of armor in 2 weeks. Pretty much okay with that.

aesop

I hate LFR looting as it is now. People who don't actually need the item for main spec will still need roll for their off spec. It sucks when you need something for a tier bonus or a substantial upgrade, yet you lose to someone who wants to try healing/tanking/dpsing. That only really happens with tokens, but yeah. It's frustrating.

MoP's loot rules can't come soon enough.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Ive got shit loads of gear from it and I think y brother got 1 teir, staff , bow and boots from one run.
That's called luck. They are changing the loot system for a reason.

RNG + Need fest + 25 random people each weak is a horrendously low chance of getting something.

Dunlop

I'm getting conflicting info from what I was told and the Wow faq for the scroll of ressuraction

What I would like to do is

Transfer lvl 85 main from PVE Alliance to PVP Horde (server of whoever gives me scroll)
Use boost to 80 on a new alt I create on the aforementioned new PVP server.

Can I do this? Faq says all the perks need to go on a single toon

thx!

Istaerion

I'm getting conflicting info from what I was told and the Wow faq for the scroll of ressuraction

What I would like to do is

Transfer lvl 85 main from PVE Alliance to PVP Horde (server of whoever gives me scroll)
Use boost to 80 on a new alt I create on the aforementioned new PVP server.

Can I do this? Faq says all the perks need to go on a single toon

thx!

Sadly, no. You can only take advantage of the transfer services on the same character you decide to boost.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Any way to make a macro for yelling but only when I actually hit my target? I want to make a macro so I can cast sinister strike, eviscerate etc and yell YES!, but only when I actually hit the target rather than every time I press the button.

BAMmod does it on crit and even then you can get reported to Blizzard and sometimes an account suspension. Oh, and no one will group with you ever if you do something like this. Just a word of warning for you...

idlewild_

Any way to make a macro for yelling but only when I actually hit my target? I want to make a macro so I can cast sinister strike, eviscerate etc and yell YES!, but only when I actually hit the target rather than every time I press the button.

You can try to mimic an addon by running a script in your macro to check for a combat event relating to your ability. Two issues with this are that you will probably run against the 256 macro length limit, and the parser would announce if there is another person in your group of the same class that used the ability near the same time even if yours did not successfully cast.

Your best bet is to just use an announce mod.

Also, as keebler mentioned, everyone will hate you and you will get reported.

Bisnic

RNG + Need fest + 25 random people each weak is a horrendously low chance of getting something.

It took my mage 3-4 months to finally get the LFR T13 pants... and i had to whisper the mage who won it since he already had them and he needed them for his friend...that didnt even needed pants to begin with.

Terrible system, glad they're changing it.

The one time I saw Maw of the Dragonlord drop on LFR, a shaman with a 397 weapon won it and ran off.

8 weeks of LFR and 3 normal Deathwing kills (plus many more of the other bosses) and still no healing weapon =(

Nelo Ice

Banned
You can try to mimic an addon by running a script in your macro to check for a combat event relating to your ability. Two issues with this are that you will probably run against the 256 macro length limit, and the parser would announce if there is another person in your group of the same class that used the ability near the same time even if yours did not successfully cast.

Your best bet is to just use an announce mod.

Also, as keebler mentioned, everyone will hate you and you will get reported.

Lol nvm then wanted to do it for a little just for Daniel Bryan but whatever.

Well thats one way to look at it but I get something everytime I run LFR, infact id say I have had better "luck" than any heroic Ive had to run since getting everything my hunter could use on my first heroic UK back in Lichking days

Shame the bloody 2 hander, tank trinket or dps swords/maces never drop but having full tier on tank and 3 on dps isnt bad.

Not so say I dont approve on the changes, just making a point that it can be easy to get gear that way, far easier than getting a guild/dkp ontop of actuall drops

Dunlop

Sadly, no. You can only take advantage of the transfer services on the same character you decide to boost.

thanks for clearing it up, I'm sure I misunderstood

So I need to choose to get someone on my server for a scroll if I want an 80 toon or I can only switch my main.

decisions decisions ; )

Ugh 13,295 JP for a full set of heirloom gear :(. Not looking forward to this.

I have full leather, mail, and cloth sets, with weapons and trinkets for all sets too. I'm working on a dps plate set next in hopes of doing a ret pallie then warrior. My current silk set is on a priest but will be passed off to a lock then mage.

Rokam

I have full leather, mail, and cloth sets, with weapons and trinkets for all sets too. I'm working on a dps plate set next in hopes of doing a ret pallie then warrior. My current silk set is on a priest but will be passed off to a lock then mage.

I think across all servers I have everything, but only full leather on my current server and no trinkets :(.

I picked mine up over a huge length of time. I only played a single character since launch so all of my extra points and currency eventually made its way to heirloom gear for no other reason than I had nothing else to spend it on. I'm glad I did it though! It was basically accidental foresight.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I got quite a few heirlooms during wotlk.

I have a complete set with weapons for every classes spec, but I decided I'd make all mana users use cloth and all the agility users use leather tho. And I didn't get tank plate.

Didn't/don't care about the armor specialization bonus while leveling since all mobs pre 80 are weak.

Arment

I just reactivated and just bought my Annual Pass about a couple weeks ago. No invite or anything in my account.

Not really expecting it assuming they are literally inviting based on when you signed up. But a man can hope.

I now have a 81 DK and Mage and a 80 Warlock - Mal'Ganis. Went Hyjal with my DK and Vash'jir on my Mage. Vash'jir is kind of annoying, but it's nice to finally get into Cataclysm content. Northrend isn't too bad to level anymore. Ihit 70-80 on my Mage doing Borean Tundra, Dragonblight and then Storm Peaks and hit 80 not even 20% into Storm Peaks.

Maining my Mage, I think. Although Warlocks are looking fun again in Cataclysm. Can't really decide right now.

Top Bottom