• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

markot

Banned
Downtime between battles sucks so thats good >.<

I have a feeling that the panda racial will turn into a duration buff over a stat boost.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
World boss. Looks awesome.
wowscrnshot040212172000.jpg
Holy Christ!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yeaaaaaah... literally can't wait :_:

Entropia

No One Remembers
Yeaaaaaah... literally can't wait :_:

Same. I want Cata to be over with already! :(

Last night in raid, we did our usual clearing up of Dragon Soul (alas, we were missing someone so we didn't get to do H Ultrax, so just a reg clear). Afterwards we went to Firelands (reg). We 9-manned Beth, Alysrazor and Rhyolith. After we killed Rhyolith a buddy of ours hit 85 so we brought him into the raid. He got: Variable Lightning Pulse Capacitor, Necromantic Focus, Coalwalker Sandals T12 Helm, and Flowform choker.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I love all these cool little minor glyphs on beta for my warrior and paldin. Adding thunders to my thunderclap? 4 wings on avenging wrath? Yes please.

Havent seen all the other classes ones, maybe i should.

Yoshichan

Told you glyphs are awesome :p

Prodigal

Banned
Not quite sure I understand why Blizz claims it's so difficult to implement green fire spell effects for warlocks when these new minor glyphs are essentially doing the same thing for other classes.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Not quite sure I understand why Blizz claims it's so difficult to implement green fire spell effects for warlocks when these new minor glyphs are essentially doing the same thing for other classes.

Green fire has been something that locks have been asking for literally for several years and a couple of expansions now, yet it never happens. Fact is Blizzard just doesn't want to do it. Minor glyphs is the perfect way to handle the choice in game. They have used every excuse from "it's very hard to do with our current engine" to "we just want to do it right via a huge quest line" to "we plan to do it but we just can't spare the resources right now", yet we see recolors of all manner of things in this game with every expansion and patch.

Truth is, they just don't want to. Not badly enough anyway.

Other classes get cool things they don't ask for, yet locks can't get the one thing they have been asking for YEARS for. Kinda sucks.

Yoshichan

When they do cool shit! Not add 20% more healing to yourself! That's useful, not cool!
Now you're just being a meany to poor Yoshi ._.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
yeah numbers are getting way too high imo

They should have never moved from classic WoW's rate at which numbers were improving at each lvls/item lvls. BC was ok, WOTLK wasnt so bad, but Cataclysm went way overboard. I remember when 2k-3k DPS in heroics was considered good at lvl 80. Now people do over 40k.

Cipherr

/shrug, will just make it easier on me to solo old content on my Hunter. Its one of my favorite things to do in game these days since I stopped raiding on a schedule. Challenging in a lot of cases, and fun as hell.

idlewild_

No stam gain from food buffs is interesting. Pandaren racial is pretty awesome for some classes atm, will have to see what the combat ratings are like at 90 to really tell. At 85 you only need 2:1 primary/secondary ratio vs crit/haste which I assume most dps classes have.

Taking in the whole kit though, I'm not sure I would necessarily change any of my toons to panda for those racials though...for example, I'm not sure I'd change a toon from worgen since I've found darkflight to be better than a 50dps gain from trading crit for a primary stat (assuming your class values crit.)

I should really stay out but I can't resist! I'm so happy a world boss is showing up again! I miss the dragons hanging around. And Kazzak.

Enosh

/shrug, will just make it easier on me to solo old content on my Hunter. Its one of my favorite things to do in game these days since I stopped raiding on a schedule. Challenging in a lot of cases, and fun as hell.
I hate that
in fact I wish they would go the gw2 route with old raids and reduce you to a certain ilvl when you enter
redo MC, BWL etc around 25 people, throw then into the LFR tool, tune them to that level, bam instant 4 expansions worth of raids, make them give out justice point or whatever and have the bosses drop the gear for transmog

people have more stuff to do and people get to see important WoW story bits they might have missed due to not raiding around that time or not being in a guild that got far enough

Khezu

After not playing wow for so long I forgot how horrible tuesdays are, especially when you have a good chunk of free time.

Shit is painful.

sazzy

hope theyre adding servers or getting ready to get more peoples in the beta

whats a database update anyway?

Yoshichan

Anyone know why sazzy got banned? :(

God damn it, I'll miss her.

Rokam

So having avoided pvp pretty much at all costs I have a question. Do conquest points work like valor in that you can cap out on them by just doing normal BGs? Turns out the second BiS neck and cloak for druid tanks come from pvp :(.

idlewild_

So having avoided pvp pretty much at all costs I have a question. Do conquest points work like valor in that you can cap out on them by just doing normal BGs? Turns out the second BiS neck and cloak for druid tanks come from pvp :(.

You can cap them with random bgs, but it will take forever (100cp for first daily and 50 for each after that). It's much easier/faster to cap doing 2s/3s or, if you can, rbgs, I see some cross server low mmr ones advertised from time to time.

mileS

Yea you can. Although you'll need to set a LOT of time aside because winning that many games isn't easy going to be easy. Sometimes you can sit there for 3 hours and still not get your daily win for 100 conquest. After a daily win each win is worth 50pts.

If you're at the point I am. The best thing to do is spend your valor on conquest points. 250 for 250. What I do is use that early in the week to go up to 1500 conquest, and do daily pvp until cap. If you're just looking to get the neck (i think its only 1250pts?) then you won't have to go that far.

Also yes its easy to cap or get close to it with 2's and 3's but lets be clear, if pvp isn't your thing, and you've avoided it for a long time. SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE. Also finding a decent pug rbg group isn't easy at all.. then when you do you have to spend A LOT of time earning a win. It's kind of sad tho because on my server the only people you see asking for more for arena or RBG's are 2k+ rating... never understood why people are like that. Not everyone is a 2k rated player and if they are.... or were at some point, they probably aren't looking for your shitty pug group.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Easier to get some person and do 2s or 3s. Just find a Rogue or something and do double stealth lulz.

Alternatively, do rated battlegrounds. You should be able to find cross-realm teams somewhere.

I've been playing bg's for the conquest points. My brother and I created a joke arena team (so 2v2) and hit the max in a day. Ret Pally + Prot / Arms Warrior. We lose as much as we win but all we care about is the conquest points. Plus, if we actually had a strategy we could probably do better. We aren't on Vent or anything so the best we do is text typing. We go in blind every single time.

mileS

I think some of you are missing the point. If somebody has avoided pvp at all costs up until now. Arena is the LAST thing they want to be doing right now.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I think some of you are missing the point. If somebody has avoided pvp at all costs up until now. Arena is the LAST thing they want to be doing right now.

Not really. The first few matches will probably be lost but you'll start going up against some amazingly bad teams that you can win.

Yoshichan

They're never on time so...

They should have never moved from classic WoW's rate at which numbers were improving at each lvls/item lvls. BC was ok, WOTLK wasnt so bad, but Cataclysm went way overboard. I remember when 2k-3k DPS in heroics was considered good at lvl 80. Now people do over 40k.

Agree with this completely

Yoshichan

So we'll be averaging approximately 100k dps in 5.3?

mileS

Not really. The first few matches will probably be lost but you'll start going up against some amazingly bad teams that you can win.

I've done plenty of arena starting off with completely new teams. Sure you may run into some amazingly bad teams but almost 95% of them are already in full PVP gear. You can still run into some really hard teams with a 0 rating.

And yes really. He said he avoided pvp up until now, probably means he doesn't have any gear for it and it also probably means he doesn't like it. Sorry but you are missing the point.

I've done plenty of arena starting off with completely new teams. Sure you may run into some amazingly bad teams but almost 95% of them are already in full PVP gear. You can still run into some really hard teams with a 0 rating.

And yes really. He said he avoided pvp up until now, probably means he doesn't have any gear for it and it also probably means he doesn't like it. Sorry but you are missing the point.

Yeah, I definitely missed it. When I hit 85 and tried PVP I got absolutely destroyed. My one defining moment was when I spent almost an entire Gilneas game in the middle fighting one holy priest with a fellow Horde that we just could not kill. Luckily IoC showed up as a holiday weekend which Horde almost always wins so I was able to gear up all the main armor pieces into Ruthless Gladiator which let me live long enough / kill fast enough that I could finish upgrading everything. Now I'm working my way through Cataclysmic gear. IoC was perfect because Horde always takes the Hangar which allowed me to never run into the Alliance players.

idlewild_

2k was good for Sunwell, I'm not sure it was good at 80 for heroics. By the time you were in 3.2 people were regularly doing 4k dps.

Stuff really hit the fan in Cata, story of that expansion really.

eh, not really. people were doing 10k+ without the icc buff on fights like festergut. we've jumped around 4-5x what we had in icc, which was around the same jump as we had from sunwell to icc.

Shit hit the fan in WotLK with heroic raids and has been out of control since.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So I kno there are wrassle gaffers that here after last nights raw I need to make macros for my ss and finshers on my rogue that automatically yell YES! every time I press the button.

Miletius

eh, not really. people were doing 10k+ without the icc buff on fights like festergut. we've jumped around 4-5x what we had in icc, which was around the same jump as we had from sunwell to icc.

Shit hit the fan in WotLK with heroic raids and has been out of control since.

You're probably right. I stopped playing shortly after 3.3 so I wasn't around for ICC at all.

Top Bottom