• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Sarcasm

Any recommendations for what I should do with my justice points if I don't want any gear? I'm not sure what's happening to them when MoP hits, but right now I'm thinking getting mats and stuff off there to sell is my best option.

Really pointless to worth about your JP and stuff. If you can use a gear upgrade get it, it you want mats get it, or if you want honor - convert to honor.

Also,

as a tank - how fast can I obtain JP? I need 2795x2.

Cipherr

ugh, jewelcrafting is brutal.

Even at its release it was. I remember leveling it when it was added to the game in BC I believe. Was incredibly painful. Not so bad when you are just keeping it capped every expansion after that though, but the 1-350 or so was terrible.

Sad to hear they havent gone back and fixed that.

Rokam

If anyone is having extremely slow DL speeds for the beta that's not normal for your connection.

Internet Exlporer> Tools > Internet Options > Connection > Lan Settings > Uncheck Auto Detect

Jumped my speed from 200 KB/s to 4 MB/s

Poop. Guess I never really checked. Ah well.

With Pandaland coming though, and iLevel about to shoot through the stratosphere, it probably won't be too hard to get a few people to work on ICC 25 with me, rather than the more people you'd need now to complete it at any reasonable rate. Especially with some of the bonus quest items at the end as incentives (Not interested in the Frost Dwarf transform, for one.)

Poop. Guess I never really checked. Ah well.

With Pandaland coming though, and iLevel about to shoot through the stratosphere, it probably won't be too hard to get a few people to work on ICC 25 with me, rather than the more people you'd need now to complete it at any reasonable rate. Especially with some of the bonus quest items at the end as incentives (Not interested in the Frost Dwarf transform, for one.)

I see alot of people using open raid to get it. Infact all the runs I go on are for people getting shards for the diff legendarys!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Eh... i didnt expect to get such an achievement.

NzKCj.png

And they are expecting me to search for 500 eggs for a (rather ugly) mount? Screw that, even the draenei starting zone have lots of people looking for them. Yes, that zone!

Rokam

Anyone on Mal'Ganis horde an alchemist? Need someone to do transmute some primal mights for me once I get the mats. I'll give you a nice hefty tip, and you'll be able to make some quick gold on extra procs.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Had to farm 500 eggs for the mount. Got the pet rabbit twice.

Enosh

damn, think I ran across the first horde character ever on my server today (well not counting Dalaran, saw one or two there) apparently the faction imbalance is completely crazy on the server, something like 95% alliance

also thanks to the gaffer that re-subbed and got me this ^^

Enosh

You're welcome :) Glad you got it, read about someone having problems with getting one after their friend resubbed.
I kinda feel dirty, like a drug dealer given a recovered addict a free sample :D
but yeah everything went fine ^^

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Bought mine for 100G

Why the hell you would farm eggs to get that to sell for 100G is beyond me though.

Definitely. I was just going to buy it until I saw it going for 20k+ on my server.

Some people were lucky enough to get it from the eggs though. A couple of people in my guild got it in under 200 eggs.

*Squints

Is this like a '6 things are different!' games >.>?

Cant really see anything, other than the pink block attacking the warrior trainer place.

Yeah, Im not really seeing anything besides darker shadows.

johnsmith

remember me
Oh, i didn't realize you could just buy the rabbit pet. Well! I'd much rather spend 130g than farm the eggs, so that's great.

burgerdog

*Squints

Is this like a '6 things are different!' games >.>?

Cant really see anything, other than the pink block attacking the warrior trainer place.

Yeah, Im not really seeing anything besides darker shadows.

Check the bricks from the stormwind castle? The color difference is from the sun hitting them, the same applies to the small patch of land under it and the mountains in the background. Simply what I said in my original post. Lighting changes.

edit

If you still can't see the difference, open the images in a new tab and switch between them back and forth.

Rokam

Not sure if anyone in here plays a warlock, but looking for some advice. I'm considering leveling a Lock and I know that towards an end of expansion Affliction has always tended to be the least dps out of the 3 specs, is that still the case or is it negligible?

Check the bricks from the stormwind castle? The color difference is from the sun hitting them, the same applies to the small patch of land under it and the mountains in the background. Simply what I said in my original post. Lighting changes.

edit

If you still can't see the difference, open the images in a new tab and switch between them back and forth.

The difference is minimal and not necessarily an improvement, just a change.

Miletius

Not sure if anyone in here plays a warlock, but looking for some advice. I'm considering leveling a Lock and I know that towards an end of expansion Affliction has always tended to be the least dps out of the 3 specs, is that still the case or is it negligible?

Affliction is just fine right now, and is in a good place in terms of dps compared to other warlock specs and classes. That being said:

1) Legendary staff certainly screws up data in some fashion.
2) Demo and destro are still pretty useful, especially since they have burst that affliction doesn't.

Certainly for leveling affliction is just fine.

I just got the white strider mount. I was camping eggs and was up to around 150 chocolates when I got it from an egg. Then I got another one right after it. Too bad they are BOP. I used my chocolates to buy the pet and some bunny ears.

If anyone wants a scroll of resurrection, send me a PM.

Uh, check out the shadowing on the mount too. Are you guys blind?

Okay - looking closely there is improved (new?) self-shadowing on the mount, which wasn't there before. Maybe I missed it because I wasn't looking for it. So that is a step forward, even if it is easy to pass up. Anything else in the picture is a wash.

strafer

Is the game darker at night in the beta?

Because night right now is like not night.

especially in Orgrimmar, it's like day 24/7.

aesop

Jesus that sounds awful.

Edit: Just got on beta to test it out, and I can confirm that it is indeed awful. Evangelism simply doesn't work at all for Shadow right now, Spirit to hit conversion is apparently gone, Shadowy Apparitions barely do any damage. Only having two DoTs pisses me off, and having two procs to watch for (a Mind Spike [which also barely does any damage] proc and a SW:Death proc) is even more obnoxious than the live orb fishing. I'm really perturbed that they're fucking with Shadow this much.

All the SPriest community asked for was more predictable orbs and a retooling of shadowy apparitions. And maybe one instant cast that wasn't a DoT for mobility's sake. This is what we got. Completely neutered. Replenishment? Gone. Devouring Plague? See ya later!

Epic trolling, Blizzard.

Meier

Just curious, is anyone getting into the MOP beta that has a frozen account? I got an email that of course looked legit although I assumed it wasn't. I didn't click through and went to battle.net on my own just in case but I don't see anything but Cataclysm listed under my WoW games so I figured I'd ask if there was any other way to tell.

Thanks all!

Whooter

Just curious, is anyone getting into the MOP beta that has a frozen account? I got an email that of course looked legit although I assumed it wasn't. I didn't click through and went to battle.net on my own just in case but I don't see anything but Cataclysm listed under my WoW games so I figured I'd ask if there was any other way to tell.

Thanks all!

The legit e-mail does not have any click-through links. It instructs you to log into Battle.net to get set up.

The beta will usually appear on your Game Summary screen long before you get the e-mail, however.

Those are the only two ways I know of, to tell.

Meier

The legit e-mail does not have any click-through links. It instructs you to log into Battle.net to get set up.

The beta will usually appear on your Game Summary screen long before you get the e-mail, however.

Those are the only two ways I know of, to tell.

Okay, that was my expectation but I figured I'd ask here. Thanks!

Man I have a chunk of change in my backpack!
One Dark whelp, one Crimson, one emerald, tristfal bat and a mechanical chicken.
Had no luck with the azure whelp yet.

About 70ks worth on my server :S

Top Bottom