• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
250,000 more people and I'm still not in. I can't wait for the last wave so I can finally try out the beta.

I got in! And because the client's been sitting on my computer for a week, I can even play it now!

Except I'm stupidly busy and won't get to play it really until I get back from PAX. Oh well.

Clipse

Started collecting Rogue tier sets a week or so before they added xmog and I'm finally done (for now). After 16 kills, Vashj finally dropped the damn belt I needed. Hope Blizz adds more room to Void Storage in the near future so I can move all the tier re-colors and pvp sets out of my bank.

wowscrnshot040512004728.jpg

Doing 1 DPS + 1 Healer in arena works beautifully until you run into a Holy Paladin. Then it's fucking unbelievably annoying. And I don't mean killing his partner, which you can do, I mean killing the Paladin 2v1.

aesop

Trying to resist the urge to bitch about shadow priest changes (lolbeta) but it's hard. I'm not liking where they are steering us at this stage. Orbs definitely need to be retuned and shadowy apparitions need work, but holy shit.

Time to level an alt just in case they break the class at the beginning of MoP.

Edit: Link.

markot

Banned
Started collecting Rogue tier sets a week or so before they added xmog and I'm finally done (for now). After 16 kills, Vashj finally dropped the damn belt I needed. Hope Blizz adds more room to Void Storage in the near future so I can move all the tier re-colors and pvp sets out of my bank.

Oh, so that's what void storage is for.

To what extent can that be solo farmed?

O_O

3rd whelp in wetlands, got the tiny crimson whelp.

Woo! Yeah, the whelps I didn't have a problem with until the emerald one. I was farming that before Cata in Swamp of Sorrows and continued to farm for it in Feralas after Cata. I hope you have better luck there.

Randomly got an extra dark whelpling the other day when I was doing my archy. I shoot um down while I'm over there just in case one drops. Was able to sell it for 7500g.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Trying to resist the urge to bitch about shadow priest changes (lolbeta) but it's hard. I'm not liking where they are steering us at this stage. Orbs definitely need to be retuned and shadowy apparitions need work, but holy shit.

I've been reading some stuff about Shadow Priests in Mists, it sounds likea bit of a cluster fuck

Woo! Yeah, the whelps I didn't have a problem with until the emerald one. I was farming that before Cata in Swamp of Sorrows and continued to farm for it in Feralas after Cata. I hope you have better luck there.

Randomly got an extra dark whelpling the other day when I was doing my archy. I shoot um down while I'm over there just in case one drops. Was able to sell it for 7500g.

Just done a loop of the area and got the dark one aswell! wat.

Tess3ract

Banned
BAMmod does it on crit and even then you can get reported to Blizzard and sometimes an account suspension. Oh, and no one will group with you ever if you do something like this. Just a word of warning for you...

You don't get suspended, also only use bam mod with guildies

Apparently it sells for 20-40k on my server so I guess so! Dark one is 4k.

If I sold the tiny I could but up shed loads of the others...but then the idea of having to farm forever to get another is no appealing atall.

Rambaldi

I got into Beta last night. I'm astounded by the animations of the Pandaren. I'm also astounded by the assholes who play on the Beta servers even though I shouldn't be.

Draxal

Protip:

When questing on alts in Northrend, always hit stormpeaks. Got a timelost on my alt that way (main has cooler mounts so I didn't care).

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I suppose any class would be able to solo any BC/WOTLK raid content when we'll be lvl 90 in epic gear next expansion, considering the next huge stats upgrade we'll get.

Arment

Protip:

When questing on alts in Northrend, always hit stormpeaks. Got a timelost on my alt that way (main has cooler mounts so I didn't care).

Your main will get it when they make mounts account wide anyways.

I was doing that on my mage...never did find it though.

I suppose any class would be able to solo any BC/WOTLK raid content when we'll be lvl 90 in epic gear next expansion, considering the next huge stats upgrade we'll get.

Which is really cool and the main reason why I'd be against squishing the stats, unless they also squish the old content.

Well most BC stuff is verging on soloable if not already, and for Wrath stuff I would probably agree for most fights. There's still some stuff that I think would be very hard or nigh impossible to do though due to mechanics.

Professor Putricide for one.

aesop

Well most BC stuff is verging on soloable if not already, and for Wrath stuff I would probably agree for most fights. There's still some stuff that I think would be very hard or nigh impossible to do though due to mechanics.

Professor Putricide for one.

Illidan, Kael'thas and Vash'j still need a small group. Sunwell too.

Even BWL needs at least two for Razorgore.

Clipse

To what extent can that be solo farmed?
Only places I soloed were Molten Core and Karazhan. Everything else up to T7 was pretty much duoed with a Priest buddy of mine, except a few bosses (Reliquary of Souls, Lady Vashj, Kael'thas) because of mechanics. For 25-man Wrath raids, I usually had between 3-7 people depending on the boss.

thatbox

Banned

Jesus that sounds awful.

Edit: Just got on beta to test it out, and I can confirm that it is indeed awful. Evangelism simply doesn't work at all for Shadow right now, Spirit to hit conversion is apparently gone, Shadowy Apparitions barely do any damage. Only having two DoTs pisses me off, and having two procs to watch for (a Mind Spike [which also barely does any damage] proc and a SW:Death proc) is even more obnoxious than the live orb fishing. I'm really perturbed that they're fucking with Shadow this much.

johnsmith

remember me
God, I don't understand why they're breaking what already worked perfectly fine. Shadow was a great spec, and it's been fine since Wrath. It was fun to play, relying on priorities instead of a rotation. It wasn't super complicated, but there was a decent skill component to it. Our damage was almost too high at the beginning of Cata but it was fine by the end. This new system sounds like it's complete shit. I'm not a fan of shadowy apparitions at all, they are terrible, too slow, and they don't hit flying targets. The fact that I have to glyph so they can fly is moronic.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished playing beta on Gilneas, the pvp server, and for the past hour the horde have been attacking our starting area in jade forest (about a dozen of them). So much fun, I'm playing an 85 monk (dps) and I have almost no idea what I'm doing so I'm pretty much learning on the fly. I die and then when running back scan my skills to see what would help me not die the next time lol.
The serpent kick thing is ridiculous (in a good way). You click it and it sends you about 40 yards in a straight line so I end up always way over shooting where I want to go. I'm not even sure how it's supposed to work 'cause it never seems to stop at a mob/player. I end up just using that plus the rolls to escape a bad situation.
Hoping this is what the pvp is gonna be like for the whole of beta.

Prodigal

Banned
Any recommendations for what I should do with my justice points if I don't want any gear? I'm not sure what's happening to them when MoP hits, but right now I'm thinking getting mats and stuff off there to sell is my best option.

I turned them into honor so I could go into PvP with a decent amount of resilience to start with. PvP is a lot shittier if you're gearless and sloooowly getting honor, so I either get the crafted gear like I did on my alt, or use JPs to buy honor gear like I did on my main (since I ran a looooot of dungeons).

Rokam

Always nice running into people through LFD that are on Mal'Ganis and chaining instances. Even better when everyone is geared/good enough to just screw around. Can't bring myself to level anything so guess I'll be waiting for MoP, and just spending time running heroics. I'm surprised that I haven't gotten burnt out tanking.

I wish they would add more 5 mans more regularly.

I also really wish the Arena conquest cap was higher. I've been having a blast doing 2s and 3s with my friends, and I sometimes keep playing Arena past the cap (on my 2 characters) just for enjoyment's sake, but I do wish it was higher, or at least that it rewarded honor (which I don't even need, just for that extra bonus).

Top Bottom