• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Nelo Ice

Banned
The new warlock stuff sounds so amazingly good. The class design in general took another large step, I'm always impressed how appealing they can make these large class overhauls look.

Bodes well for some really brilliant ability design in Titan as well, I'd assume.

What exactly are they doin to locks? Considering leveling a BE one based on how people are hyped about them in mists or a mage or priest. Also why do guild looms have to be so expensive? I finally got 10k and was considering payin up and attempting to get the dagger but I don't really care but I still can't pull the trigger on buyin looms lol.

markot

Banned
They are redoing the entire class basically.

The only one remaining even slightly the same is affliction, the other 2 dont even use soul shards anymore.

Whooter

"C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Launcher.exe"

I didn't reply earlier because it stopped doing it but now it's doing it again and I don't know what's causing it.

Does it open two instances if you right-click the icon and "Open" it from there?

I wonder if you're not getting a phantom double-click somehow....

RPGCrazied

So, you can sell any pet now? I see at least the celestial dragon in the video, isn't that a blizzard store pet? I wonder if you can sell collector edition pets too.

Drame

Been on a alt leveling kick lately and trying to find new ways to enjoy the game in different ways. Also, it doesn't help 50% of the raiding guildies transferred, but managed to snag Madness HC, hoorah for that.

For the weekend, aside from Torchlight II beta, think I'll try to level a toon by soloing the 1-60 instances. I'm sure that'll be quite fun and possibly challenging feat.

I remember my friend in vanilla soloing SM Graveyards with his warrior in mid 30's and always talking about how fun it was to do. I wonder why haven't I tried it before.

Anyways, anyone ever leveled by soloing instances and if so, with what class? Think'll make another war or hunter for this experiment. Though, I haven't played warlock in ages and I have those cloth heirlooms standing there enchanted and all...

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Been on a alt leveling kick lately and trying to find new ways to enjoy the game in different ways. Also, it doesn't help 50% of the raiding guildies transferred, but managed to snag Madness HC, hoorah for that.

For the weekend, aside from Torchlight II beta, think I'll try to level a toon by soloing the 1-60 instances. I'm sure that'll be quite fun and possibly challenging feat.

I remember my friend in vanilla soloing SM Graveyards with his warrior in mid 30's and always talking about how fun it was to do. I wonder why haven't I tried it before.

Anyways, anyone ever leveled by soloing instances and if so, with what class? Think'll make another war or hunter for this experiment. Though, I haven't played warlock in ages and I have those cloth heirlooms standing there enchanted and all...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4768357673

I soloed the 15-30 dungeons (didn't try higher) before or shortly after cataclysm released easily, but then they buffed all the mobs. It was with a warrior, so it makes me think that's when your friend did it. Might be able to with the right class tho.

Sciz

79MiSl.jpg

About time this happened.

79MiSl.jpg

About time this happened.

Isn't that old though? I'm pretty sure they changed Shaman healing animations sometime during Cataclysm.

And fuck me with that Black Market Auction House. I'm very interested in that. The example used was Ashes of Al'ar, but that's still possible to get in-game, albeit very rare. I wonder if they'll put things up that are otherwise unavailable, like my Swift Zulian Tiger. It's an especially interesting mechanic with there being no buyout. And then people could possibly relist items on the regular AH to make a profit.

Either way, that has me excited, especially with my wealth-building tycoon plans. At least I'll have something to spend all my gold on once I hit high amounts (it's definitely easier to make gold when you already have a lot of gold to work with as capital).

It'll be a fantastic gold sink.

TheYanger

Isn't that old though? I'm pretty sure they changed Shaman healing animations sometime during Cataclysm.

And fuck me with that Black Market Auction House. I'm very interested in that. The example used was Ashes of Al'ar, but that's still possible to get in-game, albeit very rare. I wonder if they'll put things up that are otherwise unavailable, like my Swift Zulian Tiger. It's an especially interesting mechanic with there being no buyout. And then people could possibly relist items on the regular AH to make a profit.

Either way, that has me excited, especially with my wealth-building tycoon plans. At least I'll have something to spend all my gold on once I hit high amounts (it's definitely easier to make gold when you already have a lot of gold to work with as capital).

It'll be a fantastic gold sink.

Less interested in ashes than all the T3 in that pic...DEPRECATED rare items for gold? mmmm

Problem is its all bid >.> some people play the AH and thats all they do... HOW YOU GONNA COMPETE?!

By being filthy rich?

Even with only (I say "only", even though it's still a very high amount, some people are way richer than that) ~100k before I last stopped playing, I'm still pretty sure I'm richer than 99% of the WoW population has been at any given time. I wouldn't leave myself below 40k at this point though. 20k at the absolute worst for liquid capital.

TheYanger

Problem is its all bid >.> some people play the AH and thats all they do... HOW YOU GONNA COMPETE?!

That's not a 'problem' that's the best part, it's going to eliminate the liquid market in a hurry. Prices will go down eventually. It also gives it the flexibility to scale with the economy. Gold sinks like tundra mammoths and shit never work, they're one time expenses that have a static cost relative to the gold in the system. This shit is genius in comparison, they're getting the richest folk to voluntarily tax themselves.

FLEABttn

Banned
I didn't quit, because I did the whole year pass thing, but I didn't play since December until about a week and a half ago, but...

LFR is game changing. Dear god. It doesn't present the same challange that regular raiding does, but it's raid-lite while still offering progression. I thought TOR was close to WoW with never having experiencing LFR; after experiencing LFR I don't think I can go back.

Alex

I wish I could enjoy LFR, but I hate being stacked up with so many random dummies and I hate that it's so mindless.

I really wish there was a lite progression method in like... punishing legendary 5 mans or some form of end game group questing or something, doesn't have to be top end shit, just a new progression method to work at on my own time is what I want. I think I raided my last raid with Cataclysm, I had a lot of fun with it over a lot of years but I can't really get into it and the scheduling any more.

Basically, I just want something inbetween, I guess.

They changed some, Chain Heal was left a yellow beam for awhile even when the single target heals all moved to water animations.

FLEABttn

Banned
I wish I could enjoy LFR, but I hate being stacked up with so many random dummies and I hate that it's so mindless.

I really wish there was a lite progression method in like... legendary 5 mans or some form of end game group questing or something. I think I raided my last raid with Cataclysm.

Given the pug nature of it, I doubt they can do much better.

Some sort of 5 man progression path would be pretty frickin cool though. I just think of my WotLK progression and how after 10 months of banging my head against a wall in ICC, I still didn't have an LK kill.

No, I'm not bitter =|

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Well, I mean, it's just an idea, but...Blizzard could just sell gold for real money. Granted, it's pretty much ludicrious to expect it to be any kind of reasonable dollras to buy the type of gold that some people have, i.e. millions.

I really wish there was a lite progression method in like... punishing legendary 5 mans or some form of end game group questing or something, doesn't have to be top end shit, just a new progression method to work at on my own time is what I want. I think I raided my last raid with Cataclysm, I had a lot of fun with it over a lot of years but I can't really get into it and the scheduling any more.

Basically, I just want something inbetween, I guess.
That's what heroics were originally supposed to be in BC, remember? That got watered down though.

But really, if you can't take scheduling, then you're looking at PUGs almost by definition. The only thing I can see that breaks from that mold would be some end-game scalable content that scales from 2-5 people so you can do it with 1 buddy, 2 buddies or 3 or 4. If it's completable in a duo, it shouldn't require scheduling. That's basically what Arena is at this point for me and my friends. It would be nice to have a PvE equivalent, yes.

Sciz

But really, if you can't take scheduling, then you're looking at PUGs almost by definition. The only thing I can see that breaks from that mold would be some end-game scalable content that scales from 2-5 people so you can do it with 1 buddy, 2 buddies or 3 or 4. If it's completable in a duo, it shouldn't require scheduling. That's basically what Arena is at this point for me and my friends. It would be nice to have a PvE equivalent, yes.

This is more or less what scenarios are supposed to be, as far as we know.

Progression end game? No, not even close.

Why not? They weren't the highest tier of progression, but neither is LFR, and both were steps on the ladder. That's exactly what he's talking about, isn't he, with "progression lite"? It's not like he (or I) are expecting to get casual progression content that rivals heroic raiding.

I mean in BC for me, progression was basically heroics and Kara for the 5 months I played after launch. And it would have stayed that way for quite a while longer if I kept playing.

FLEABttn

Banned
Why not? They weren't the highest tier of progression, but neither is LFR, and both were steps on the ladder. That's exactly what he's talking about, isn't he, with "progression lite"? It's not like he (or I) are expecting to get casual progression content that rivals heroic raiding.

I mean in BC for me, progression was basically heroics and Kara for the 5 months I played after launch. And it would have stayed that way for quite a while longer if I kept playing.

Why not because the entire progression path is given to you day of release with nothing to look forward to in the future. It's not a path when there's either no path or the path is that short.

Alex

While I want them the problem with adding new progression paths and types is they can't afford to make the content for it, their live team can barely get out what they currently do.

What they should probably do is find a way to stop making everything else obsolete the moment a new thing pops in. That's something I figured they'd change by now because it just loads more and more on the live teams back.

They've taken some baby steps towards it, things like transmog, challenge modes, but they need to keep going bigger and not be afraid to shake up the flow of the game some more. Just for one expansion I wish they'd treat the game design like they do the class design and go nuts fixing random tidbits.

Legendary dungeons, heroic questing, some kind of post-game "second quest" that takes you through the world again somehow. Lots of cool shit they could do besides throwing people in a few hallways every month then kick those into a void permanently and move onto new hallways.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I wonder if you can sell CE pets on the black market ah?

YOU would not be able too, but they might put it up there.

What's this black market thing I keep hearing about? I'm hella out of touch.
You bid on items than an NPC is selling, it's like the AH, but once you spend that gold it's gone forever.

Wish they werent so lazy and made demo tankable though.
They're lazy because they don't make a cloth class able to tank? Did you hit your head or something?

markot

Banned
Because their plan 'off tankable' doesnt make sense, and they said they dont want to go full on tank... because it would take too much work... (Lazy)

TheYanger

I'm not sure where you guys expected it to go.
As I understand the situation:
One of the class devs who basically does warlocks as 'his' pet class, wanted to make them full fledged tanks. GC said no. He slipped it in anyway as proof of concept (this is what we saw early in beta). GC killed it in the next build.

I would LOVE locks to be able to tank. But I agree with the notion that it's going to lead to all sorts of balance problems to solve and lots of extra work when they've got shit people NEED to be working before it ships instead.

It's hardly lazy to test something that nobody expected at all, and remove it a build later.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
x6ecl.jpg
[/IMG]

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

Probably going to be better CGI pandas than what Dreamworks did with their movies. :p Especially since i bet they're going to go with a more realistic look like they always do with their cinematics, despite the game being cartoonish.

Top Bottom