• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

M.D

Why is Wrath of The Lich King so damn expensive in every place? I can buy Cata collectors edition + Lich King for 50 dollars. I think I'm gonna go for that, unless anyone knows someplace that sells Lich King for cheap (Europe)? I don't know that I'm even going to play the game, but I'm still feeling like buying it.. lol

Why is Wrath of The Lich King so damn expensive in every place? I can buy Cata collectors edition + Lich King for 50 dollars. I think I'm gonna go for that, unless anyone knows someplace that sells Lich King for cheap (Europe)? I don't know that I'm even going to play the game, but I'm still feeling like buying it.. lol
I think they might have a package deal on Battle.net for those who want to upgrade. Not really sure about that though. I know during either Christmas or Black Friday they were selling both of those expansions for pretty cheap.

markot

Banned
After an new xpac launches they should just roll the old ones into vanilla. I mean, people do like 1/10 the content of the xpacs... silly to pay for it!

Ultratech

After an new xpac launches they should just roll the old ones into vanilla. I mean, people do like 1/10 the content of the xpacs... silly to pay for it!

What's funny is that the Cata disc has all the required data for the expansions (Vanilla, BC, Wrath) up to 4.0.
Yet you still have to have each of said expansions activated on your account to actually take advantage of that.

But yeah, they need a new battlechest type of thing with everything in there. Especially with Mists incoming.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm really digging how much better Pandaria looks and plays vs. the current stuff on Live.

Yeah, SOE does this with EverQuest and EverQuest II (Or I should probably say "did it"). Kinda surprised that Blizzard doesn't do the same as well.

They are redoing the entire class basically.

The only one remaining even slightly the same is affliction, the other 2 dont even use soul shards anymore.
I'm really glad they're doing away with soul shards in combat. I never cared for their limited use in Demo/Destro specs. Their addition felt tacked on or forced imo.

Thinking about jumping back into wow for a little bit again. I'd really enjoy messing around with LFR, Black Market AH, and account wide mounts/pets (if that happens). Cross server stuff could be cool too.

Yeah have fun with that :) There are some things that I don't think I will ever be able to get myself to do. That is one of them.

EDIT: Oops. Sorry for the double post.

Yeah, I doubt it's gonna be a straight-shot. I'll probably focus on one then let it gather dust then start again.

Whats the name of the add on that helps you find rare pets for hunters >.>?

_NPC Scan? I don't know if there is something like that specifically for hunters.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah, I doubt it's gonna be a straight-shot. I'll probably focus on one then let it gather dust then start again.

_NPC Scan? I don't know if there is something like that specifically for hunters.

It's NPC scan, but Silverdragon does the same thing.

NPC scan by default will not flag unique hunter pets that are not part of an achievement like Skoll, Magria or Terrorpene unless you are playing a Hunter so that idiots who just want to kill rares don't swoop down and murder them.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Well, i did it. I bought every fucking mounts and companions from the Argent Tournament.

Never again.

M.D

Anyone here had this problem with the launcher? I'm trying to download the game since Friday... It's starts out downloading full speed and suddenly it's 1 KB and stays that way.

I've never really laughed at the Daily Blink stuff posted on MMO-Champ, but I dug this one, mainly because "Some Mount You Didn't Earn - You're not fooling anyone" and the "Skip Outlands While Leveling"

JmaFR.jpg

Anyone else in the beta notice if they have buffed any of the other old instances?
I haven't checked in the latest build but at one stage the bosses in MC had their health buffed (roughly doubled compared to what is on live (magmadar got buffed from about 810k on live up to 1579k hp), I don't really see the point of it really except to make it take a bit longer to solo the bosses unless it is a bug.

markot

Banned
Hmm, got the ghost bear thingy.

Is it me or is BM kinda bleh, im 74 and it does alot less dps than survival... but maybe because in dungeons its all aoe and surv does pretty awesome at that with later talents.

Effect

Does anyone know what size of a download one would be looking at to update the game if they just have original disc? My account is flagged with Burning Crusade (can't find the disc for this), WoTLK and Cataclysm (both were digital purchases). I some time ago with the plan not to play anymore as I was really tired of the game. However lately I'm getting the urge to play again. Yet curious as to how long I'll have to wait to update the game again.

Might it be better not bothering with the CDs and just get the installer from Battle.net? Seeing as the base game needs to be updated anyway?

Would buying a disc copy of Cata save me time? Though I assume that wouldn't include Burning Crusade and WoTLK on the disc would it? I'd still have to download those.

markot

Banned
Full game is like 22gb... so like... 22gb.

Vanilla was revamped so most of the 'content' on teh original disc is out dated >.>

Effect

Thanks. Was afraid it was going to be that big. Though if I'm remembering correctly WoW's launcher lets you download and update the game before even logging in and reactivating your subscription. So I should be able to do it slowly over time.

markot

Banned
Yea, you dont have to download it all at once, after a few gigs you can play and it streams and downloads in the background.

Ramirez

Hmm, got the ghost bear thingy.

Is it me or is BM kinda bleh, im 74 and it does alot less dps than survival... but maybe because in dungeons its all aoe and surv does pretty awesome at that with later talents.

I don't know about now, but BM has always been the bottom of the trees for PVE as long as I've played...

I've been running Marks since I reupped, my friend tells me SV beats it out by a little, but eh, it's what I was used to running back when I was raiding early Cata.

My friend just accepted my res scroll. Sweet. Now I get that mount! I'll also be registering my D3 CE tonight and getting the fetish pet as well. Good times!

I transferred to Illidan from Gorgonnash (Horde) when I re-subbed in January. I sort of wish I chose a server with some semblance of balance so I could do some world PvP, but hindsight and shit like that.

Top Bottom