• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

FLEABttn

Banned
I transferred to Illidan from Gorgonnash (Horde) when I re-subbed in January. I sort of wish I chose a server with some semblance of balance so I could do some world PvP, but hindsight and shit like that.

Leaving Gorg was a good call. I did two years of horde there, it was terrible.

idlewild_

I think I posted this before, but I really hope the cross-realm zones will work to balance alliance/horde populations for pvp servers/zones instead of just balancing total number of characters around. would be awesome for those on super unbalanced pvp servers and would keep people who already are on balanced servers from getting stuck in an unbalanced zone.

Yuripaw

Banned
Would anyone here with an active WoW account be willing to send me a scroll of resurrection? I'm planning on renewing, but if someone sends me the scroll first, I think that promotion is still going around where it would boost one of my character's levels.

If anyone can help me out, please send me a PM.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I transferred to Illidan from Gorgonnash (Horde) when I re-subbed in January. I sort of wish I chose a server with some semblance of balance so I could do some world PvP, but hindsight and shit like that.

My server(Kil'jaedan) apparently has the the highest 1:1 ratio of Alliance and Horde and is one of the most populated servers. We get transfers all the time due to that and looking back in Vanilla/BC it was incredible how close competition was between Horde and Alliance raiding guilds. So I suppose I shouldn't be surprised why it's such a popular transfer destination.

WoW rewarded me for logging in by dropping the Raven Lord mount - or at least that's what it feels like. *chuckles* After farming off and on for years, seems weird I finally get it on the day D3 releases.

Ultratech

WoW rewarded me for logging in by dropping the Raven Lord mount - or at least that's what it feels like. *chuckles* After farming off and on for years, seems weird I finally get it on the day D3 releases.

;_;

Yeah, I'm still looking for Raven Lord. Think I'm up to 43 kills now? I swear, Anzu's trolling me on drops sometimes.

Oh well, I did manage to get all the T4 tokens, so I can use that for Transmog now. Almost got all of T5, but I'm missing the chest, since Kael is a dick.
He's going down one of these days though so I can finish The Vials of Eternity and get my damn Hand of A'dal title finally.

He's going down one of these days though so I can finish The Vials of Eternity and get my damn Hand of A'dal title finally.

*tries rubbing on you for good luck*

And holy crap... you still have the original quest that grants the title? Sadly, I didn't get to do it until well after so no title for me. :\

Leaving Gorg was a good call. I did two years of horde there, it was terrible.

Yeah. It was good during T11 and I loved the guild I was in (<Havok> if you remember any of the guilds from there). Though, the closer 4.2 came to hit, the more we lost people. We went from being a 25m heroic progression to just 10m. Then, 4.2 hit and I fucking hated it, so I quit as well.

Last time I checked, my old guild folded up and everyone who was left went to SWTOR.

When I came back, the server was an absolute ghost town so I transferred off.

My server(Kil'jaedan) apparently has the the highest 1:1 ratio of Alliance and Horde and is one of the most populated servers. We get transfers all the time due to that and looking back in Vanilla/BC it was incredible how close competition was between Horde and Alliance raiding guilds. So I suppose I shouldn't be surprised why it's such a popular transfer destination.

Maybe when I get back from Korea I'll look in to that. It rocks on Illidan queueing up for TB and having only 4 other people with you because that's all the alliance that joined the battle.

Though, I suppose my first mistake was doing TB to begin with, so there's that.

Kisaya

Whoop Kil'Jaeden represent ;) And yeah the Horde to Alliance ratio is pretty close, before it felt like we were more Horde dominated but now the Alliance seem to be everywhere haha.

Severs were empty this am so I joined in and played Diablo 3 instead. I did get an Instance run in before the D3 servers came back online though!

Wondering if some of you guys can help me out.

My old roommate apparently had his account hacked. He hasn't logged in for over a years, and started to in order to help me with something. He logged in and got a message about his account being closed due to economy disruption or something like that. He's never bought gold, so I'm thinking his account got hacked by a gold seller. Is there any way to fight this process? I know Blizzard could check I.P.s and see he didn't log in for fucking ever, and see that where he logged in from obviously wasn't where he's lived for the last 10 years.

How does one go about this?

Rokam

Wondering if some of you guys can help me out.

My old roommate apparently had his account hacked. He hasn't logged in for over a years, and started to in order to help me with something. He logged in and got a message about his account being closed due to economy disruption or something like that. He's never bought gold, so I'm thinking his account got hacked by a gold seller. Is there any way to fight this process? I know Blizzard could check I.P.s and see he didn't log in for fucking ever, and see that where he logged in from obviously wasn't where he's lived for the last 10 years.

How does one go about this?

Just contact customer support, they're really helpful when it comes to this, they'll have to verify he's the owner and such, but you shouldn't run into any problems. They're pretty good about this sort of thing.

How do they do verification? He hasn't played since Wrath, but wanted to give it a shot with a scroll. This seems pretty shitty because when we looked on their account page they said specifically "DO NOT CALL". Hrm.

Rokam

How do they do verification? He hasn't played since Wrath, but wanted to give it a shot with a scroll. This seems pretty shitty because when we looked on their account page they said specifically "DO NOT CALL". Hrm.

Not sure how they do verification, but this sort of thing has happened to my nephews and they got their account back rather fast. It happens a lot...a lot... a lot, so your friend shouldn't have any problems.

Ultratech

*tries rubbing on you for good luck*

And holy crap... you still have the original quest that grants the title? Sadly, I didn't get to do it until well after so no title for me. :\

Funny story; I used to be with a raiding guild back in the BC days and then quit around the time when Zul'Aman came out (2.3 patch?). So I had that quest along with Trials of the Naaru and The Cudgel of Kar'desh.

Was disappointed when I found out I couldn't get the Champion of the Naaru title since I didn't have the old Trial of the Naaru: Magtheridon quest, though I had the old pre-reqs to it.

It's fun to flip through the vanilla guide. :D

Some much has changed.

Indeed. Crazy stuff, man. I got the old Dungeon Companion as well, and it's kinda interesting reading up on the old boss mechanics for stuff like AQ20 and AQ40.

Not sure how they do verification, but this sort of thing has happened to my nephews and they got their account back rather fast. It happens a lot...a lot... a lot, so your friend shouldn't have any problems.

So he did the account recovery, then 20 minutes later gets an email saying that his account has been compromised, to change his email password and his battle.net password and start the recovery again. So he does. Goes through all the steps, gets to the part where they're saying "the account will be recovered" and then gets another email 20 minutes later saying "Your account has been compromised. Please change your email password, your battle.net password, and go through recovery". So he does it again. 20 minutes later, another email.

So he comes to my house, does it again, now 20 minutes later, same email.

WTF is going on?

We tried to call blizzard and end up getting a message stating that no one is available to help us and then the call disconnects.

Rokam

So he did the account recovery, then 20 minutes later gets an email saying that his account has been compromised, to change his email password and his battle.net password and start the recovery again. So he does. Goes through all the steps, gets to the part where they're saying "the account will be recovered" and then gets another email 20 minutes later saying "Your account has been compromised. Please change your email password, your battle.net password, and go through recovery". So he does it again. 20 minutes later, another email.

So he comes to my house, does it again, now 20 minutes later, same email.

WTF is going on?

We tried to call blizzard and end up getting a message stating that no one is available to help us and then the call disconnects.

Sadly sounds like something that'll have to be done over the phone, but with Diablo III being just released it's going to be a bitch to get through. Not sure what else to do, sorry man.

Sadly sounds like something that'll have to be done over the phone, but with Diablo III being just released it's going to be a bitch to get through. Not sure what else to do, sorry man.

Yeah, I don't know either. We've been on the phone for an hour and 30 minutes, on hold. And now I know blizz's call centers are closed. So I don't know if we're on indefinite hold or what.

chaosz3ro

Neo Member
sorry if this has been asked a million times but I'm lazy

is there a server a bunch of people on here play? I'm bored and too poor to buy D3 right now so I kinda wanna make a new alliance guy

sorry if this has been asked a million times but I'm lazy

is there a server a bunch of people on here play? I'm bored and too poor to buy D3 right now so I kinda wanna make a new alliance guy
gaf guild is horde and on Area52. Not sure if there is a server with many alliance players.

strafer

Armored Moonkins.

owlkinarmors.jpg

Nugg

We had our official "Diablo break" raid last night. We downed Heroic Madness at last for the first time. Feels good man.

FLEABttn

Banned
Yeah. It was good during T11 and I loved the guild I was in (<Havok> if you remember any of the guilds from there). Though, the closer 4.2 came to hit, the more we lost people. We went from being a 25m heroic progression to just 10m. Then, 4.2 hit and I fucking hated it, so I quit as well.

Last time I checked, my old guild folded up and everyone who was left went to SWTOR.

When I came back, the server was an absolute ghost town so I transferred off.

Havok sounds vaguely familiar. I played on Gorg for most of TBC and WotLK through Ulduar. Was in the same guild for the entirety of it, but the GM would randomly decided she no longer liked the guild name anymore so I'd wake up and find myself guildless for a few minutes before I got the invite. (Rainbow Berets/Progressing IRL/Rappers Stole My Wii). Enough infighting and a significant lack of standards with regards to everything and a pissy Canadian did me in, so I faction transferred to Alliance and left for another server.

I've been on 4 servers since 2004. Gorg was the worst.

Armored Moonkins.

I hope that's optional.

Sciz

Armored cat and bear looked alright, but ye olde vanilla moonkin just doesn't hold up next to a modern armor set. That helmet probably consumes more video memory than the player character.

Mmmkay, there's lots of exciting new stuff in the latest patch posted on MMO-Champ. Highlights:

1. Legendary Questline Stuff from Wrathion - Apparently you can get something that super powers a piece of gear. Unknown if it's reusable or consumable.

2. New Engineering Gathering Goggles - The MoP equivalent of the extra mote node items in Wrath or BC, or the Electrostatic Condenser from Cataclysm. This version lets you see additional nodes or get extra hides, rather than provide a new resource to gather. Additionally, some other neat engineering stuff (Portable Anvil!)

3. An inscription item that lets you randomize Archaeology sites in Pandaria, as well as the ability to put archaeology fragments/items into crates (as with pets in a previous patch) which will allow you to trade them or sell them on the AH.

4. Account Meta-Achievements. There's only a few of these in right now, but it's things like reaching max level with multiple classes, reaching max level with a character on both Alliance and Horde, and maxing multiple professions (5, 10) seemingly at once. My god, these will keep people addicted.

There's other class changes that are honestly just too much too list, as well as the nifty new armored Moonkin models posted above.

Enosh

BiS for Frost DKs.
haste frost that is ^^
master frost the agility axe is better from what I understand

speaking of frost DKs
with normal mode gear, is it better to go the spine shoulders + set gloves or set shoulders and the valor gloves for the 4 piece set bonus?
is the 4 piece bonus even worth it? 710 mastery for 12s, 25% chance when RE procs?

Alucrid

Banned
So after using my bnet account for diablo 3, and not having logged into wow for about 5 months, I did so only to find out that my guild disbanded and left the server. :lol

What to do now though...I don't really want to get into another raiding guild though. Or at least one that's fairly serious. I could make a swing at like 20 man raids or something maybe, but 10 mans ehh. I miss my 40 mans.

I'm in a very strong guild that has been actively raiding since launch. I don't raid at all anymore. I just do PvP, Heroic PuGs, lvl alts, and group with guildmates or tag along on the occassional raid once every 3 months.

So, just do what I do, haha!

I'm camping the TLPD.

... why am I doing this?

Any tips? I've read about some people using a macro and AHK to target and kill the drake even if they're away from the comp. Anybody have any experience with this? Has anybody got the TLPd?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'm camping the TLPD.

... why am I doing this?

Any tips? I've read about some people using a macro and AHK to target and kill the drake even if they're away from the comp. Anybody have any experience with this? Has anybody got the TLPd?

Get the addon NPCscan and camp him in this location.

http://i.imgur.com/yeSTe.jpg

That's right in front of a spawn point and it's also an intersection between 3 different paths he takes.

Sarcasm

So after using my bnet account for diablo 3, and not having logged into wow for about 5 months, I did so only to find out that my guild disbanded and left the server. :lol

What to do now though...I don't really want to get into another raiding guild though. Or at least one that's fairly serious. I could make a swing at like 20 man raids or something maybe, but 10 mans ehh. I miss my 40 mans.

What server are you on anyways?

Armored cat and bear looked alright, but ye olde vanilla moonkin just doesn't hold up next to a modern armor set. That helmet probably consumes more video memory than the player character.
I don't like the look. I seriously wonder what happened to all the good artists for Blizzard. It's like they did a mass exodus.

I just ordered Cataclysm. 11 pounds total, pretty cheap.

And I'm gonna ask the question that's never been asked before: I want to start playing WoW. Any tips?

Seriously folks, I'm not trolling. I've never ever played WOW or any other MMO for that matter.

What European server should I choose? It must be PvE.

I'm currently reading all the material on Blizzard's WoW site. Any other pre-game reading you recommend?

I don't have any friends to start playing with, so I'm gonna go solo for a while. Advice for grouping/guilding?

That's it for now. Overwhelm me with info, I dare you. ;)

Thanks in advance.

C.Dark.DN

Banned

And I'm gonna ask the question that's never been asked before: I want to start playing WoW. Any tips?

Seriously folks, I'm not trolling. I've never ever played WOW or any other MMO for that matter.

I'm currently reading all the material on Blizzard's WoW site. Any other pre-game reading you recommend?

I don't have any friends to start playing with, so I'm gonna go solo for a while. Advice for grouping/guilding?

Thanks in advance.
Do you have Vanilla/Burning Crusade and Wrath Of The Lich king? You have to by those also.

Thanks in advance.
Your class/race/faction will determine your starting area. Some starting areas are better than others, but a lot of it is personal preference.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Starting_area

Get used to your user interface. Go into the settings and check out the different options. For instance, you'll probably want to use instant quest text (if it's not default already), target of target (so you can see what your target is looking at, and other small preferences. Some people like seeing their health and enemy health as a percentage. I prefer seeing the actual numbers. I like seeing all of my buffs as opposed to a condensed display. http://www.wowwiki.com/UI_beginner's_guide

See your trainer frequently to train new abilities and skills. Usually you get something new every other level. Put your abilities on your action bar. Things like potions, food, water, abilities, and racials can all be used. Each box in the action bar is labeled with a number corresponding to its associated hot key alternative. So get familiar with basic hotkeys and macros ie 'm' for bringing up your map, '/inv joeshmo' to invite someone into your party. /p for party chat, /say for public chat, etc.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Action_Bar

When questing, pick up all the quests that are offered in any given area. Often times you'll be able to knock out multiple quests wherever an initial quest takes you.

You'll be walking a lot to start out. Be sure and pickup any and all flightpaths for easier travel. Use your map! Quest helper is a big help. Zepplins and boats are your friend at the early levels. Don't spend money on grey items from vendors. You really don't even need to spend money on greens or blues when starting out. You'll replace a lot of gear just by questing and getting drops. Loot everything you kill. Sell everything you get rid of to vendors. At level 15 you can start queuing for random instances. Good for gearing up.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Portal:Main Good site for help
http://www.wowhead.com/Use to look up items/gear and help on quests
http://wow.allakhazam.com/Can see what certain items have been selling for recently
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/best site for news imo
http://elitistjerks.com/forums.phpsite for more advanced discussion on dps/tanking/healing. Targeted more toward end game (level 85 until MoP comes out)
http://www.tankspot.com/forum.php

Top Bottom