• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Enosh

What European server should I choose? It must be PvE.
Silvermoon is quite great if you go alliance, see a lot of pugs in trade chat for older raids, achievement runs etc, can't comment on the pvp ques or win/loss ration since I don't pvp ^^

just don't roll horde on there

edit: if you do decide to roll on there, feel free to whisper me ingame if you have questions, Enosya or Árýa ^^

My god. To play WoW anew and not know any of the stuff ingrained in my head.

/jealous

what can I say? I just missed it. It wasn't on purpose on anything, it's just that I always had something other to play or do. Now I got even more, but I still want to try this out. I'll force myself if necessary to reach at least lvl 20-30 and experience as much stuff as possible in those early stages of gameplay and then decide whether I'll continue to play.

Q: how much of this game can be done single player or with little to no grouping? Let's exclude dungeons and raids for now...

Enosh

Q: how much of this game can be done single player or with little to no grouping? Let's exclude dungeons and raids for now...
all of it, you can solo level 1-85 without problems
although you miss out on all the dungeons along the way, some can be quite fun, to do dungeons you just need to bring up the looking for dungeon tool, press your role (dps, healing and tank, I suggest you stick to dps for your first character) and wait, puts you in a group automatically

all of it, you can solo level 1-85 without problems
although you miss out on all the dungeons along the way, some can be quite fun, to do dungeons you just need to bring up the looking for dungeon tool, press your role (dps, healing and tank, I suggest you stick to dps for your first character) and wait, puts you in a group automatically
that's the looking for group function, right? I heard it's a wonderful tool, especially for people like me (limited amount of time to play and invest in the game).

Thanks for all the info folks. We'll see how it goes. I won't start this right away,after all, there's that little thing called Diablo 3, not mention all the stuff on PS360...

markot

Banned
that's the looking for group function, right? I heard it's a wonderful tool, especially for people like me (limited amount of time to play and invest in the game).

Thanks for all the info folks. We'll see how it goes. I won't start this right away,after all, there's that little thing called Diablo 3, not mention all the stuff on PS360...

LFG is a tool that lets you find a random group for dungeons, you pick a roll then wait for the thingy to get a group ready for you.

lordmrw

Not that we didn't expect it but looking at the item lists the Halloween event loot has been updated to item level 463 indicating the expansion is all but definitely coming out before October. Of course this is Blizzard and anything can happen but this beta seems to be moving very quickly, indicating their a lot further along than Cataclysm at this same point.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Not that we didn't expect it but looking at the item lists the Halloween event loot has been updated to item level 463 indicating the expansion is all but definitely coming out before October. Of course this is Blizzard and anything can happen but this beta seems to be moving very quickly, indicating their a lot further along than Cataclysm at this same point.

That's probably just a preparation thing, might as well do it now when you're doing all that tier loot, gonna have to do it eventually anyway. I think I saw some midsummer loot and it's def not coming out before then.

aktham

Paladin tank here. I finally got my Destroyer End with a PUG last night. I never did LFR. Soul drinker didn't drop :( It's a much easier fight than Lich King. Now I can take a break from WoW to play D3 and Xenoblade Chronicles after.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
BiS for Frost DKs.

The original sims showing the proc greatly overvalued it. It's still BiS, but it's not that much better than Hand of Morchok and my recollection from browsing some threads is that its not actually better than Hand of Morchok from LFR ---> Normal or Normal ---> Heroic.

Rokam

The original sims showing the proc greatly overvalued it. It's still BiS, but it's not that much better than Hand of Morchok and my recollection from browsing some threads is that its not actually better than Hand of Morchok from LFR ---> Normal or Normal ---> Heroic.

No other weapons in LFR outside of Soul Drinker as far as strength 1handers go.

Enosh

Hand of Morchok doesn't drop in LFR?
or am i reading this post wrong...

started my Paladin alt, the spell effects are amazing, almost every ability has some glow or hammer or wings or some shit to it ^^

Rokam

Hand of Morchok doesn't drop in LFR?
or am i reading this post wrong...

started my Paladin alt, the spell effects are amazing, almost every ability has some glow or hammer or wings or some shit to it ^^

Correct, there is a LFR version in the game files, but Blizz decided to have weapons only drop from Madness in LFR.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I'm not entirely sure of how that is relevant. I wasn't under the impression we were having some LFR-only conversation. If you can get normal Souldrinker, you almost assuredly can get Heroic Hand of Morchok, and almost anyone, anywhere can down Morchok on normal.

Rokam

I'm not entirely sure of how that is relevant. I wasn't under the impression we were having some LFR-only conversation. If you can get normal Souldrinker, you almost assuredly can get Heroic Hand of Morchok, and almost anyone, anywhere can down Morchok on normal.

I brought up LFR, and nearly all pugs on Mal'Ganis require the achievement, and I'm too cheap to buy a run through. Think I may have to look at getting back into raiding, at least 10 man, come MoP. Trouble is finding a late late night raiding guild.

Rokam

Son of a bitch. I've been at it for a month, but I'm on a high pop server. God damnit.

Got mine through dumb luck. Was during Wrath on a high pop server, and it spawned in front of me while I was going to pick flowers. Now...Aeonnax on the other hand I've seen about 3-4 times but it always spawns on the opposite side of me and I've never got it.

Got mine through dumb luck. Was during Wrath on a high pop server, and it spawned in front of me while I was going to pick flowers. Now...Aeonnax on the other hand I've seen about 3-4 times but it always spawns on the opposite side of me and I've never got it.

I almost got it last week. My camping partner got it instead. I logged off five minutes before she spawned.

At this point I feel like I have to keep going.

Ultratech

I look about once every few days or so. I've seen/killed Vyragosa a few times, but no sightings of TLPD for me. Funny enough, I'm on a low pop server, so if it does show up, I might have a decent chance of getting it.

Never even seen Aeonaxx. I have managed to get some rare pets though (King Krush, Loque'nahak, etc.).

This is probably a silly request but I thought I'd ask.

In my pet collecting madness, I've managed to get all the TCG pets except for Soul Trader Beacon. I'd love to have it but at it's current rate on eBay... it makes me want to cry.

(I won't even get into Mini Tyrael... >.>)

I've thought about buying a couple of boxes instead and hoping it comes up but I don't have great luck when it comes to that and I'd probably just blow the money and not have anything to show for it afterwards. So I figured I'd check and see if anyone has one that they're sitting on that they'd be willing to part with at a discount.

(Won't discuss price in this post; rather keep that to a PM.)

Thanks for listening to my groveling. *chuckles* And in case you're wondering how many I'm up to...
I currently have 197 pets.

This is probably a silly request but I thought I'd ask.

In my pet collecting madness, I've managed to get all the TCG pets except for Soul Trader Beacon. I'd love to have it but at it's current rate on eBay... it makes me want to cry.

(I won't even get into Mini Tyrael... >.>)

I've thought about buying a couple of boxes instead and hoping it comes up but I don't have great luck when it comes to that and I'd probably just blow the money and not have anything to show for it afterwards. So I figured I'd check and see if anyone has one that they're sitting on that they'd be willing to part with at a discount.

(Won't discuss price in this post; rather keep that to a PM.)

Thanks for listening to my groveling. *chuckles* And in case you're wondering how many I'm up to...
I currently have 197 pets.

If you get one, I'll be jealous. It's one of the most interesting pets in the game (for the vendor things you can get off him.)

FLEABttn

Banned
Has anyone else stopped playing WoW completely now that D3 is out, or is it just me? :p

I got back into WoW like two weeks before D3 hit after taking a 6 month break and am playing it, though Diablo 3 is currently ranking a bit higher.

It may sound weird, but they're really good games to play in tandum. I get half my valor from LFR, run like 4 more heroics, and I'm good in WoW. Then I hop onto D3 and level my DH.

--//--

Has anyone played WoW from a USB 2.0 flashdrive? Were the load times acceptable enough?

Alchemy

I'll probably only play WoW this week to clear BWL on my Hunter. All I'm really doing these days is burning through rest exp on alts anyways running dungeon finder groups.

idlewild_

I did one quick alt raid since D3 dropped, I'm half way through hell on my DH, will probably start playing WoW again once I get started on inferno and get stuck grinding gear to clear through act 2.

I usually play an alt or something after dailies on my main, but now it's all D3. I play WoW about 30 minutes a day outside of my normal weekend raids.

Enosh

heh just 9 maned madness because one guy left 1s before the pull due to loot drama
pugs are hilarious ^^

still playing WoW, don't like the game style of diablo, but it certainly did put a dent into the guild

Manus

Just finished getting my third level 85 tonight. Leveled a Holy Paladin, it's my first healing class and I love it. Now to just get her geared.

Ultratech

You know people are playing Diablo 3 when Orgrimmar is nearly empty.

Oh yeah, it's almost a ghost town on my server right now.

Also managed to solo clear BWL for the 1st time. Downed all bosses and tamed Chromaggus.
Ebonroc only gave me a little bit of trouble, since I wasn't really outdamaging his heals as BM (it would've taken forever to kill him that way), so I had to switch to Survival where he went down pretty easily.

One more thing... fuck the Suppression Room.

And friggin LFR was trolling me last night. Had 3 No'Kaled, the Elements of Death drop from Madness last night. Never been so pissed at RNG. (Mostly because I haven't seen it drop the damn Bow and Spear yet.)

strafer

Oh yeah, it's almost a ghost town on my server right now.

Also managed to solo clear BWL for the 1st time. Downed all bosses and tamed Chromaggus.
Ebonroc only gave me a little bit of trouble, since I wasn't really outdamaging his heals as BM (it would've taken forever to kill him that way), so I had to switch to Survival where he went down pretty easily.

One more thing... fuck the Suppression Room.

And friggin LFR was trolling me last night. Had 3 No'Kaled, the Elements of Death drop from Madness last night. Never been so pissed at RNG. (Mostly because I haven't seen it drop the damn Bow and Spear yet.)

How did you manage the first boss?

Top Bottom