• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Enosh

well if you want to get in asap, the crafted boe blue pvp stuff is 377 iirc and people are using it to get in fast
problem is you will be suboptimal at your role at best (don't even try to tank in it, healing might work) and people will certainly rage, maybe even kick you if they find out

oh and fuck diablo, don't think there will be a guild raid until MoP -.-

well if you want to get in asap, the crafted boe blue pvp stuff is 377 iirc and people are using it to get in fast
problem is you will be suboptimal at your role at best (don't even try to tank in it, healing might work) and people will certainly rage, maybe even kick you if they find out

Haha. It might almost be worth doing this after I already get enough quality gear just to see people freak out. Then I could quickly switch it out to regular 378 and be like, "what?" When Cataclysm first came out, I remember using a lot of rep gear that wasn't for dps, like the rings, cloaks, and cloth spirit gear, so that I could start doing heroics.

Ultratech

Yeah, just run HoT dungeons and build up JP/VP and buy some of that gear as necessary.
As for LFR, I think the minimum ilvl needed for that is 372.

Honor gear can work as some of a replacement as well (ilvl 390) and it's not terribly hard to get unless you hate Battlegrounds, but as mentioned, you don't really wanna be fully stacked in PvP gear.

isny

napkin dispenser
If anyone has a scroll they can send for a friend of mine please let me know or shoot me a PM!

Thanks! =D

Ultratech

Wooo!

Finally got Hand of A'dal. Feels good man.

7315P.jpg

Wooo!

Grats!!

Completely different side note... I'm gonna lose my brain. I'm still digging for this fucking Crawling Claw, I'm at 150 Tol'vir solved... and still nothing. Then I read some people have not gotten it til 700-something Tol'vir solves. Fuck that. I'm total at 771 solves and I'm about to grab a noose.

Got my i-level up to 371 today by running heroics. Still had a little over 4000 justice points and 2500 honor points leftover from before i took a break from wow, which helped. Had a run where we wiped on Echo of Tyrande. It was my first time in the instance, and one of my first runs. So i was rusty and wasn't completely familiar with the mechanics. Someone linked damage meters and immediately requested my removal after the wipe. Of course I was promptly removed... Also bought four essence of destruction off the AH. Gonna have someone craft some bracers for me. That should boost my i-level.

Started messing around with transmogrification for the first time. It's awesome! Wasn't sure if i wanted to go with something that looked good or something so bad that it's funny. Finally went with a mix of nemesis and the voidheart helm. Also using Kris of Unspoken Names for my main hand. One of my favorite one-hand caster weapons in the game. Anyone know if world dragons have been removed from the game? I'm wanting to use the trance stone offhand for transomg, but if the dragons are gone then it's not going to happen. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/20582#tab=disenchantItems
Wooo!

Nice!
If anyone has a scroll they can send for a friend of mine please let me know or shoot me a PM!

Thanks! =D
i have a scroll of resurrection i can send if anyone still needs one or would like to come back for a bit. Only problem is that I'm at work at the moment and can't send it until i get home around 8:30 CST.

Rokam

The new "Traveler's Mammoth" has an NPC that functions as a Reforger... think I may have to get me one of those as I hate having to go to Org.

The new "Traveler's Mammoth" has an NPC that functions as a Reforger... think I may have to get me one of those as I hate having to go to Org.
Oh gosh. I can only imagine how much it's going to cost.. 50-100k?

EDIT: ha. just saw the price on MMO. I was close! :D

EDIT2: Water strider mounts look awesome. If they can walk on water that's pretty sweet.

Enosh

Also bought four essence of destruction off the AH. Gonna have someone craft some bracers for me. That should boost my i-level.
how much did that cost you? because the valor bracers are BoE iirc and usually go around 1-1.5k on my server, while essences are about 600g-700g

ampere

Yeah wow. I was thinking it'd just be a version of the lv80 mammoth with lv90 water... but a reforging vendor? I'm buying one ASAP.

how much did that cost you? because the valor bracers are BoE iirc and usually go around 1-1.5k on my server, while essences are about 600g-700g
The pattern was for sale for over 4k gold, and no bracers were available on the AH. The essences were 575g each. May be a bit of a stretch, but the craftable bracers of unconquered power are essentially BiS, or very similar to the heroic bracers of the banished. Getting the dreamcloth will be a breeze between my 3 85's.

There weren't a lot of choices on my server (no bracers at least). I'd rather spend gold, which can be made up fairly quickly, as opposed to grinding instances and capping out valor points each day. This will allow me to use the valor for something else anyway.

Hmm, and the vendor is a repair guy too. Since you guys didn't mention it before, I was afraid he might not have had that feature which would have significantly limited him in usefulness. Doesn't seem to have spell reagents, but aren't they getting rid of them all come MoP?

I suppose the Arcane Reforger will be useful if they do give us good reason to stay in Pandaria and don't have NPCs there. At the very least, you wouldn't have to run from the bank to the NPCs in Org to do the job.

I may buy one at some point as a sort of status symbol, but I never bought the Tundra Mammoth, Vial of the Sands, or even the Mechanohog, despite having more than enough spare gold to do so.

Single purchases over 10k I always think about a lot. Definitely will pick up a water strider though. Path of Frost and the like made obsolete for all characters.

Although I suppose with account-wide mounts, it might be more worth the investment now for some of those.

Is there going to be a main city in Pandaria where both horde and alliance use as their hub? Nothing beats Shattrath and Dalaran as unique and awesome places to chill out during their respective times.

Is there going to be a main city in Pandaria where both horde and alliance use as their hub? Nothing beats Shattrath and Dalaran as unique and awesome places to chill out during their respective times.

They said there are supposed to be hubs with Auction Houses I believe, but that they're separate for Horde and Alliance.

Shattrath is still my favorite big city though. I can't imagine what it must have been like in BC with dozens of flying mounts going in and out of that beautiful open city.

Dalaran didn't compare in terms of majesty being so, so dense.

I like other cities for different reasons, but Shattrath by far is the best for showing off your mount(s).

colinp

Banned
Anyone got a scroll to send me? I'm 75% sure I'll sign up and you will definitely get the mount.

Deputy Moonman, I guess you have one still, right? How long is 8:30 CST from now? hah I'm in Japan, I think that's one hour from now, right?

Anyone got a scroll to send me? I'm 75% sure I'll sign up and you will definitely get the mount.

Deputy Moonman, I guess you have one still, right? How long is 8:30 CST from now? hah I'm in Japan, I think that's one hour from now, right?
yep. what do i need to send it to you? just your email address right? pm it to me if you want.

dangit. sorry. double post.

EDIT: I can do it on battle.net right now if you want.

They said there are supposed to be hubs with Auction Houses I believe, but that they're separate for Horde and Alliance.

Shattrath is still my favorite big city though. I can't imagine what it must have been like in BC with dozens of flying mounts going in and out of that beautiful open city.

I like other cities for different reasons, but Shattrath by far is the best for showing off your mount(s).
Definitely. Shattrath was by far my favorite city.

Thoraxes

It sucked until they added the Netherdrake questline/280% speed patch (2.1) IMO. Once that happened though, hell yeah it was the best city ever for that. And with everything being Aldor and Scryer, everyone intermingled everywhere in the city. It was great.

I think the druid flight form quest and introduction of the first dailies was that patch too, and man was it hard to get H Anzu groups back then.

colinp

Banned
You can also create a new lvl one ingame and bump that.

Yeah, I decided to bump my Horde Warlock (was lvl 63). Getting back into the game feels a bit overwhelming, jeez, think I'll go to bed and try jumping in tomorrow. Cool that they give you all new gear and everything though.

Pretty clever Blizz, pretty clever.

I've been playing casually since 2007 and I think the game is better now than it has ever been. The community is a different story, but it really depends on which server you're playing on. Modern day World of Warcraft has incorporated a lot of the best add-ons out there and it's easier than ever for new players to get into the game. I'm on my fourth character and it still has that awesome addicting feeling that it's always had, except now there are more mounts, more characters, more classes, zones, quests, gameplay mechanics, etc.

Heh, well I'm glad you're still into it. Do you play with friends? That's too bad about the community, though even I remember it beginning to deteriorate when I quit playing. I was on Warsong and it started to get flooded with Brazilians and Russians.

Meh. I just realized that if I make a new character to replace my warrior with a monk, I won't be able to wear my Argent Dawn tabards anymore. Most other stuff carries over nowadays (pets, achievements) but those two were unique for the opening of the Dark Portal and the Scourge invasion.

I could get the Argent Crusade one but it's not as cool...

Meh. I just realized that if I make a new character to replace my warrior with a monk, I won't be able to wear my Argent Dawn tabards anymore. Most other stuff carries over nowadays (pets, achievements) but those two were unique for the opening of the Dark Portal and the Scourge invasion.

I could get the Argent Crusade one but it's not as cool...

They're supposed to be working on Tabards for a storage solution - account-wide would probably come with that as well. They've been saying that for years now though, so the timetable probably isn't even Blizzard Soon.

If I had to guess though, we have a decent chance of seeing it sometime this expansion in a patch. It's quality of life issue, like rearranging the order of characters on the selection screen was, and that was untouched (even though highly requested) for years, simply because while inconvenient, it didn't need immediate attention.

Ripclawe

Banned
so WoW has sucked me back in for the summer and I haven't played since last November, should I expect big changes or I can ease myself into it.

and making gold got easier or harder?

Heh, well I'm glad you're still into it. Do you play with friends? That's too bad about the community, though even I remember it beginning to deteriorate when I quit playing. I was on Warsong and it started to get flooded with Brazilians and Russians.
Been playing with my fiancée in the same room. She's new to it and I never thought this day would come haha

Rokam

Battle for Pandaria and Serpent Riders Hero are great. I know they mentioned that they got some inspiration from the Avatar tv show graphically, wish they would've brought in The Track Team to do a song for shits and giggles.

Flex187ad

So I just got back into it with a scroll of resurrection... Boosted a worgen warlock to 80... Been having a lot of fun with it actually.

My main is a warrior that I leveled to 85 when Cataclysm first released... And I have a Death Knight and Rogue levels 80 and 82.

What new content has been introduced with the patches since release? Anyone mind giving me a summary of all the new non-raiding content that has been put in?

Wonder if you guys can help me, the official forums are scary :/.

Had played WoW since EU launch but quit after completing the Cata Heroics in Feb 2011 and played TOR for a month in late 2011.

Have there been any major changes to the core game, how is the heroic 5 man / raiding difficulty nowadays compared to Wrath, how easy would it be to gear up a very old 85 ?.

Have an 85 Paladin and Warlock, how are they just now ?.

Also i know Blizz like to say 'when it's ready' but has there been any time frame for Mists ?.

Thanks for taking the time for any replies i get.

ugh. so mad at myself right now. i had all the mats for the bracers of unconquered power and quickly proceeded to make the dreamcloth myself, forgetting that it's soulbound. now I have to get the mats all over again or buy the actual tailoring pattern lol. whoops.
Wonder if you guys can help me, the official forums are scary :/.

Had played WoW since EU launch but quit after completing the Cata Heroics in Feb 2011 and played TOR for a month in late 2011.

Have there been any major changes to the core game, how is the heroic 5 man / raiding difficulty nowadays compared to Wrath, how easy would it be to gear up a very old 85 ?.

Have an 85 Paladin and Warlock, how are they just now ?.

Also i know Blizz like to say 'when it's ready' but has there been any time frame for Mists ?.

Thanks for taking the time for any replies i get.
I don't think there have been that many changes to the core part of the game, really. Though I have noticed that there seems to be a lot more unruly people when doing randoms. If a group wipes, more than likely at least one person will flip out, say some choice words, and then leave the group lol. Transmogrification is fun. I'm more interested in taking the game casually right now. just trying to get my i-level up to 372 so i can use LFR.

Deputy Moonman, if you put in a ticket they might be able to give your mats back.
I went ahead and put in a ticket. but it feels weird to ask them to undo my own mistakes. I sort of expect them to laugh and say too bad. But it will be nice to get that stuff back if they do it.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Nah, I've mistakenly bought or sold shit before and they've returned it. I'm sure they'll give you the "we normally don't do this, but will make an exception" line that they always tell me.

I don't think there have been that many changes to the core part of the game, really. Though I have noticed that there seems to be a lot more unruly people when doing randoms. If a group wipes, more than likely at least one person will flip out, say some choice words, and then leave the group lol. Transmogrification is fun. I'm more interested in taking the game casually right now. just trying to get my i-level up to 372 so i can use LFR.

Thanks for the reply mate.

The looking for Raid sounds fun, can i get 372 gear just by grinding Heroics ?.

Looked online and the latest guesses for Mists are patch 5.0 in August, the game in September, this sound right ?, if so i will go back in July.

You'll get 378 gear from the most recent heroics, plus valour points for 397 gear as a reward for doing an heroic - with a cap of 1000 valour per week.

Once you get upto about 373 gear level i think it is you'll be able to do LFR runs on Deathwing which have 384 gear on lesser bosses, and 390 on Deathwing himself.

You'll get 378 gear from the most recent heroics, plus valour points for 397 gear as a reward for doing an heroic - with a cap of 1000 valour per week.

Once you get upto about 373 gear level i think it is you'll be able to do LFR runs on Deathwing which have 384 gear on lesser bosses, and 390 on Deathwing himself.

Thanks a lot for the info mate ! :).

No problem mate. I'm just stopping playing at the moment - as I really don't have the time any more. Next time the urge takes me to start playing again - I'll be on to you for similar advice :)

Flex187ad

So you got a scroll? So nice for not letting me know that you did. I could have sent that one instead of waitin.

Sorry mate. I've been having fun... Got my warlock up to 82, having a lot of fun with it... After playing non casting classes for so long it feels fresh again. Gearing up seems easy enough... I just want to be able to run heroics and what not... With the new 5-Mans introduced in 4.3: Is it tough to reach the item level required?

Sarcasm

Sorry mate. I've been having fun... Got my warlock up to 82, having a lot of fun with it... After playing non casting classes for so long it feels fresh again. Gearing up seems easy enough... I just want to be able to run heroics and what not... With the new 5-Mans introduced in 4.3: Is it tough to reach the item level required?

There are ways to cheat. Pm me your real id. Your in Australia right?

Top Bottom