• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Was just checking out the new warlock abilities on MMO. I love the look of the trail of flames from the glyph of Nightmares. I wonder if it only works on the ground though. Hopefully not. Got my i-level up to 373 yesterday. As soon as i have some free time I look forward to trying out LFR. Look forward to doing some of the raids I have yet to enter.

Sarcasm

Was just checking out the new warlock abilities on MMO. I love the look of the trail of flames from the glyph of Nightmares. I wonder if it only works on the ground though. Hopefully not. Got my i-level up to 373 yesterday. As soon as i have some free time I look forward to trying out LFR. Look forward to doing some of the raids I have yet to enter.

Don't forget you can que up with real id friends (and local ones too).

Don't forget you can que up with real id friends (and local ones too).
I have one friend, who I don't even know in real life, that still plays wow. Other than that i'm all alone. Cue the sad music, haha. I've never transferred servers before, but it may be time in the near future. I feel like the one I'm on is practically dead. Seems like most people on gaf play horde, but I'd prefer to keep my original toons, alliance. Are there any thriving servers with a good alliance population? It would be nice to be somewhere where lots of pugs happen, at all hours of the day and night. I'm not that concerned about world pvp, so it doesn't have to be balanced. I'd prefer a normal server over a pvp server anyway. The biggest downside to transferring would be leaving my guild. It's not really active, but it is level 25 with a lot of benefits. No one is around, but I'm free to use the guild bank for repairs and stuff.

Sarcasm

I have one friend, who I don't even know in real life, that still plays wow. Other than that i'm all alone. Cue the sad music, haha. I've never transferred servers before, but it may be time in the near future. I feel like the one I'm on is practically dead. Seems like most people on gaf play horde, but I'd prefer to keep my original toons, alliance. Are there any thriving servers with a good alliance population? It would be nice to be somewhere where lots of pugs happen, at all hours of the day and night. I'm not that concerned about world pvp, so it doesn't have to be balanced. I'd prefer a normal server over a pvp server anyway. The biggest downside to transferring would be leaving my guild. It's not really active, but it is level 25 with a lot of benefits. No one is around, but I'm free to use the guild bank for repairs and stuff.

I have both horde & alliance that can do LFR. What time zone are you in/Where do you live? We do not need to be on same server to do LFD and LFR together.

I have both horde & alliance that can do LFR. What time zone are you in/Where do you live? We do not need to be on same server to do LFD and LFR together.
I'm in the center of the US, or Oklahoma (central daylight time). I joked about being alone, but I don't mind just jumping into LFR solo. That's probably the most appealing aspect of it is that there is no time requirement or obligation. If I leave, I can be replaced, and no set schedule. It's a really great idea where as long as I play well, I'm not a burden on anyone. I'm trying to think when I'll actually have time to participate. Might not be until Friday. But yeah, i can send you my email address if you want. For now though I gotta get some sleep.

EDIT: Messing around with transmog. Here's the look so far:
Discobiscuit_transmog.jpg

J-Roderton

I was scrolled from level 52 to 80 and now I'm trying level 82 dungeons and they're hard as hell. Any tips for adjusting to this stuff?

Sarcasm

I'm in the center of the US, or Oklahoma (central daylight time). I joked about being alone, but I don't mind just jumping into LFR solo. That's probably the most appealing aspect of it is that there is no time requirement or obligation. If I leave, I can be replaced, and no set schedule. It's a really great idea where as long as I play well, I'm not a burden on anyone. I'm trying to think when I'll actually have time to participate. Might not be until Friday. But yeah, i can send you my email address if you want. For now though I gotta get some sleep.

EDIT: Messing around with transmog. Here's the look so far:
Discobiscuit_transmog.jpg

Awesome! I haven't even toyed with transmorg..where do people find items they can use and want? <-- lol

I was scrolled from level 52 to 80 and now I'm trying level 82 dungeons and they're hard as hell. Any tips for adjusting to this stuff?

Depends, what class?

Awesome! I haven't even toyed with transmorg..where do people find items they can use and want? <-- lol
I've collected most of the tier sets over time and kept a lot of other various weapons and items that I thought looked cool. But there are quite a few sites that help out, too.

http://www.icy-veins.com/transmogrification
http://www.wowhead.com/guide=186/transmogrification-part-2-unique-items-and-more-tier

For some things you'll need to go back and solo old raid bosses. I still want to kill Archimonde from Hyjal Summit for Tempest of Chaos, perhaps one of the all-time coolest looking caster weapons in the game.

lordmrw

Depends, what class?

i spend illegal amounts of time in the Wow model viewer trying on various different items to come up with different sets that match. The issue I keep running into is that I'll find pieces that I really like only to realize that only Druids can buy/equip them (my main is a rogue).

Manus

The mindset of some players you meet in the dungeon finder is crazy. I'm healing and run into tanks all the time who are never geared for heroics, yet refuse to to normals because heroics give valor. That or their in PVP gear. Ugh.

Dragnet

Thinking of diving back into WoW after 2 years now that I'm done with Uni, was wondering if anyone had a Scroll of Resurrection they wouldn't mind throwing my way? PM me! Cheers guys :)

Edit: Needs to be an EU scroll!

Sarcasm

You can and should use char name and server when not using in game invites, which are restricted to email I think?

I don't understand this sentence. We are not on same server to begin with anyways.

***Oh battle net address...basically the email you use to log into wow - this is how real id is handled.

I don't understand this sentence. We are not on same server to begin with anyways.

***Oh battle net address...basically the email you use to log into wow - this is how real id is handled.

There are two ways to send out a scroll. On battle.net and in game playing WoW. On battle.net you can use the person's character name and server or their account e-mail. In game you can only use e-mail. The last time I sent them out, there was a limit on how many you could send through the website and in game a day so you had to use both to maximize.

Anyways, I was saying I'd recommend sending it through char and server first if the person sending can, no offense. I trust neogaffers, but yeah.

Manus

If anyone wants to group up later and run some heroics I can tank and heal. Just hit me up in a PM and we can exchange battle.net names. Would much rather do some with you guys than randoms.

It's on MMO Champ, but basically they felt that having head enchants on faction vendors forced people in to doing content.

Eh? It doesn't really matter one way or the other - they didn't have any significant economic effect (it's not like they got rid of a player-sourced enchant slot.)

They were also mandatory. So removing them just gets rid of a mandatory prerequisite if you were at all serious (or even not) about doing any non-quest endgame content. So it does remove a barrier to entry (albeit a fairly minor in WoW terms - usually a week or two of dailies/quests/dungeon runs tops). I don't have too much of a problem with it as it's not that drastic a change. It's not like you had any options for the slot - there's one enchant for each spec.

It would be nice if they gave the enchants to players though, rather than just a complete removal. It's always more fun to have extra stat enhancements. Having nothing for neck pieces, for example, isn't as fun as being able to enchant them would be. It's just sort of weird considering they kept shoulder enchants and gave them to Scribes (who already made their own custom ones, so that's more in line than giving them to Enchanters.)

Maybe if they threw Engineers a bone for the head enchants? Otherwise Scribes could certainly take over the head slot as well. Possibly Alchemy as well, if not just straight Enchanting.

Sarcasm

There are two ways to send out a scroll. On battle.net and in game playing WoW. On battle.net you can use the person's character name and server or their account e-mail. In game you can only use e-mail. The last time I sent them out, there was a limit on how many you could send through the website and in game a day so you had to use both to maximize.

Anyways, I was saying I'd recommend sending it through char and server first if the person sending can, no offense. I trust neogaffers, but yeah.

AH but I want to be friends =D

Alex

Removing the enchants is a great thing. Fuck per character rep grinds when those enchants are often the only decent things on them, especially a couple months post launch.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Malygos mount, first try. Thank you D3 servers for sucking.

Why aren't the Gladiator mounts account wide either? Not that I have one, lol

Probably because they're so iconic to the Gladiator title (which is always a Feat of Strength). With the account-wide achievements, they don't make most Feats of Strength cross over to other characters, so I guess this fits into that. Giving your unique time/place Gladiator mount to any new character you make would be misrepresentative, just like giving my Tribute to Skill Feat (though it doesn't have any rewards) to any character would be.

Not that I agree with the logic necessarily - it seems a bit out of whack here and there on what's account-wide and what's not.

They probably kept the gold sink mounts from being account wide to. you know, keep them as effective gold sinks.

I was trying to find out if using the LFR locks you out of doing the normal/heroic versions outside of LFR. Seems like it shouldn't since you're not even getting the same quality of gear. I did the Madness of Deathwing today in LFR. So, does that mean I can't get loot if I was to do the same raid from my server? I'm confused.

Honestly, I think they should change the system to where you aren't prevented from getting loot until you actually win something from each specific raid boss, or at least until you win something from a raid run. That's my own opinion, though. If not, then I think they should change the looting lockout period, from one week, down to 3 days like ZG used to be.

I don't like the feeling that I've already done my limit for raiding this week in just one short hour. So if I can't roll on loot for a whole week, what else should I devote my time?

Enosh

I was trying to find out if using the LFR locks you out of doing the normal/heroic versions outside of LFR. Seems like it shouldn't since you're not even getting the same quality of gear. I did the Madness of Deathwing today in LFR. So, does that mean I can't get loot if I was to do the same raid from my server? I'm confused.
no you can do normal and heroic without problems
Honestly, I think they should change the system to where you aren't prevented from getting loot until you actually win something from each specific raid boss, or at least until you win something from a raid run. That's my own opinion, though. If not, then I think they should change the looting lockout period, from one week, down to 3 days like ZG used to be.

I don't like the feeling that I've already done my limit for raiding this week in just one short hour. So if I can't roll on loot for a whole week, what else should I devote my time?
I agree, it's been 3 weeks now in a row that I didn't get shit -.-

no you can do normal and heroic without problems

I agree, it's been 3 weeks now in a row that I didn't get shit -.-
Cool, that's good to hear. At least I'll have something to do this weekend, assuming I can find a pug. And yeah, not getting loot for 3 weeks is kind of messed up.

Eh? It doesn't really matter one way or the other - they didn't have any significant economic effect (it's not like they got rid of a player-sourced enchant slot.)

They were also mandatory. So removing them just gets rid of a mandatory prerequisite if you were at all serious (or even not) about doing any non-quest endgame content. So it does remove a barrier to entry (albeit a fairly minor in WoW terms - usually a week or two of dailies/quests/dungeon runs tops). I don't have too much of a problem with it as it's not that drastic a change. It's not like you had any options for the slot - there's one enchant for each spec.

It would be nice if they gave the enchants to players though, rather than just a complete removal. It's always more fun to have extra stat enhancements. Having nothing for neck pieces, for example, isn't as fun as being able to enchant them would be. It's just sort of weird considering they kept shoulder enchants and gave them to Scribes (who already made their own custom ones, so that's more in line than giving them to Enchanters.)

Maybe if they threw Engineers a bone for the head enchants? Otherwise Scribes could certainly take over the head slot as well. Possibly Alchemy as well, if not just straight Enchanting.

Yeah, it doesn't bug me, really. I only quested when levelling so I usually had my factions near exalted anyway. Though, having a reward at the end of that was cool - it wasn't a big deal to run LFD to hit exalted, but whatever.

It would be fucking awesome if engineering wasn't completely worthless after the first tier, but so it goes. I hate levelling professions so I'll always be an engineer. Obviously, Synapse Springs were always useful, but there is nothing to make to advance your character gear-wise. Once those goggles are obsolete... welp.

ampere

Non account wide mounts list
Code:
Acherus Deathcharger
Argent Charger
Argent Warhorse
Azure Cloud Serpent
Cataclysmic Gladiator's Twilight Drake
Crimson Cloud Serpent
Dawnstone Panther
Deadly Gladiator's Frost Wyrm
Dreadsteed
Emerald Panther
Felsteed
Furious Gladiator's Frost Wyrm
Goblin Mini Hotrod
Golden Cloud Serpent
Grand Expedition Yak
Grand Ice Mammoth
Grand Ice Mammoth
Grand Ice Mammoth
Grand Ice Mammoth
Ice Mammoth
Ice Mammoth
Jade Cloud Serpent
Jeweled Onyx Panther
Mechano-Hog
Mekgineer's Chopper
Onyx Cloud Serpent
Relentless Gladiator's Frost Wyrm
Ruby Panther
Ruthless Gladiator's Twilight Drake
Sandstone Drake
Sapphire Panther
Subdued Seahorse
Summon Charger
Summon Exarch's Elekk
Summon Great Exarch's Elekk
Summon Great Sunwalker Kodo
Summon Sunwalker Kodo
Summon Thalassian Charger
Summon Thalassian Warhorse
Summon Warhorse
Swift Mooncloth Carpet
Swift Shadoweave Carpet
Swift Spellfire Carpet
Traveler's Tundra Mammoth
Traveler's Tundra Mammoth
Vicious Gladiator's Twilight Drake
Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade
Wrathful Gladiator's Frost Wyrm
Wow... the chopper, sandstone drake and vendor mounts aren't account wide.

Fuck that, ugh. Very irritated to hear that.

idlewild_

Non account wide mounts list

Wow... the chopper, sandstone drake and vendor mounts aren't account wide.

Fuck that, ugh. Very irritated to hear that.

It makes sense. Those are supposed to be gold sinks, their entire design is to pull gold out of the economy. I would have been more surprised if any of those were account wide.

Top Bottom