• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

B-Dex

Went to log into beta after not having played it for almost a month... got the "Account Bug" that makes it impossible to login.

Blizz has been silent on it for almost a month as well....

GG Blizz.

strafer

Pandaren Mount Revealed

What would a hero be without a mighty steed? How else does a champion ride boldly into the thick of battle? What self-respecting hero walks to the battlefield, instead of riding in style?

You’ve met the pandaren and learned of their rich and enigmatic history, but the time has come to reveal their mount of choice, the Dragon Turtle.

The pandaren have long sought mounts that embody their values: patience and strength. With a naturally armored hide, and even gait (no matter how heavy the passenger), and the relaxed attitude that welcomes long journeys, the Dragon Turtle is perfect for the pandaren adventurer. Indigenous to mainland Pandaria, these fine steeds are easily outfitted with the essentials: maps, cushions, footstools, and brew-storage. Comfortable and hardy, the dragon turtle’s slow, even stride will gently ease passengers into new parts of the world and/or a relaxing nap time.

HGNBR3IU0HFN1337772865425.jpg

9SVLJLCE9JQ71337772881217.jpg

Do want.

Ultratech

not sure how warlocks do it, but hunters/engineers disengage/jump onto the balcony to evade bug the adds. I guess maybe you can use your eye to stick a portal on the balcony to port to and evade the adds as well.

Watching a video, it seems they put a portal on the balcony somehow, so I guess that's how a lock does it.

But yeah, I just disengage to the balcony and evade bug the adds, kill the guards and controller and go it from there with no respawning adds. (Best way to know that worked is looking to see if the entrance gate is open.)

Rokam

Well we know it'll more than likely be before Brewfest, because level 90 Brewfest trinkets have been data mined. So probably August or September release.

lordmrw

I definitely see MOP coming out late August/September. And i have to say it really feels as though we're getting a 10 level expansion amount of content unlike Cataclysm. While I do think upgrading the old 1-60 content was necessary it shouldn't have come at the expense of the end game.

markot

Banned
Know what?

I think the new talents are a big mistake >.< warlocks are pretty awful now, and the rest... its just cutting options... The classes feel more... 'linear', like you dont really have choices, and I know thats the point, but the 'options' that you get generally, they are based on what you want to do, many are spec dependant too... Hmm.

I feel its getting diablofied simplified and cauterised to a degree that just kinda kills the life of the classes...

Its the reverse of what people want to, so I dont get it...

FLEABttn

Banned
The thing is, if you have a purpose in mind (raiding, for example), there's a right way to spec and a large number of ways to spec wrong. That's diminished somewhat with the current in game trees, but before the first pruning, that was particularly the case. If choice is only offering people dozens of ways to screw up, are you really offering anything worthwhile?

I understand that people want freedom and choice but if you're offered 12 options, 1 is right, 2 are close but not ideal, 9 are various levels of bad, and the game doesn't have built in tools to help guide you to the right choice, are we really better off?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Man, there's just something about this game. I think about it often. I started playing about 4 months after the original launch, and it was amazing. (A little too amazing, because I was in high school and my grades slipped.) Ahem, but anyway I just wanted to ask: how's it going? I quit playing WoW right before the Burning Crusade came out. I had a little stint on a private server (is it bannable to say that?) in 2008 just to see how it was, and it was ok. I don't know what expansion it was on, but it was at the point where Illidan was the main boss. I haven't touched the game since. Does it still have the WoW magic?

strafer

Man, there's just something about this game. I think about it often. I started playing about 4 months after the original launch, and it was amazing. (A little too amazing, because I was in high school and my grades slipped.) Ahem, but anyway I just wanted to ask: how's it going? I quit playing WoW right before the Burning Crusade came out. I had a little stint on a private server (is it bannable to say that?) in 2008 just to see how it was, and it was ok. I don't know what expansion it was on, but it was at the point where Illidan was the main boss. I haven't touched the game since. Does it still have the WoW magic?

I can't speak for everyone but I feel that yes, the magic that WoW once had is gone.

I started playing in Vanilla, then took a few months off since my grades started to get fucked up but fell back in when TBC launched.

The community is shot to hell too.

In Vanilla and TBC when you asked something in General Chat you would get a simple and nice answer and in most cases they would show you were the place you need to go to is, which is always nice, I asked many questions when I started playing and was met with kind words. I kinda feel bad for the people that is just getting into the game and didn't get to play when it was truly great, don't get me wrong the game is still a lot of fun.

Also the gear is waaaaay to easy to get nowadays.

And I miss The Barrens. :(

I still love WoW and will continue to play.

J-Roderton

What's the best course of action to get better gear? I had my 80-something Hunter a while back and never really tried getting gear or PvP, just questing and a few dungeons. But now I'm on a 20 mage and I'm trying out some PvP. Obviously I'm getting donged over and over. Should I not even worry about better gear til I get up to the higher levels and end game stuff?

Well, it didn't really serve much of a purpose anymore anyway. Gold from daily quests at least since Wrath hasn't had a significant effect on the economy. You can earn so much more from other means that limiting the amount of daily quests you could do just makes the massive amount of daily quest grinds now in the game (which are already grinds) take longer to do.

It's a nice quality of life change.

Well, it didn't really serve much of a purpose anymore anyway. Gold from daily quests at least since Wrath hasn't had a significant effect on the economy. You can earn so much more from other means that limiting the amount of daily quests you could do just makes the massive amount of daily quest grinds now in the game (which are already grinds) take longer to do.

It's a nice quality of life change.

Teach me how to get rich, sir.

I've been playing casually since 2007 and I think the game is better now than it has ever been. The community is a different story, but it really depends on which server you're playing on. Modern day World of Warcraft has incorporated a lot of the best add-ons out there and it's easier than ever for new players to get into the game. I'm on my fourth character and it still has that awesome addicting feeling that it's always had, except now there are more mounts, more characters, more classes, zones, quests, gameplay mechanics, etc.

Teach me how to get rich, sir.

WoW Gold Guide - Secrets of the Masters. Just wire $19.99 to my Western Union account.

:p

Primarily by exploiting JC, Alchemy, and Enchanting (the trifecta), along with getting lucky here and there. You do have to have more than one (ideally at least 3) max level characters to make it work efficiently.

I don't have any specifics to give out right now, though I may write up some tips when Mists rolls around and I start playing again.

Sarcasm

Primarily by exploiting JC, Alchemy, and Enchanting (the trifecta), along with getting lucky here and there. You do have to have more than one (ideally at least 3) max level characters to make it work efficiently.

Can you please share? I actually have these three and never noticed! haha!

Can you please share? I actually have these three and never noticed! haha!

I wrote up a whole mini-guide myself, but I decided to redact it as it would be of limited use at this point in time of WoW's lifecycle. I did save it though, so I'll probably post it sometime around the Mists launch.

Primarily it revolves around something called the [Insert Primary Ore Type Here] (Elementium in Cataclysm's case) Shuffle. You can Google "[ore] shuffle" and you'll get more detailed guides. Just don't pay for any of them if pay ones pop up.

I have to warn you though, you'll experience limited success (or possibly even take on losses) if you try to enact this strategy now, as WoW is sort of in a depression period with raid bosses on farm and limited amounts of new gear entering the economy that need to be gemmed/enchanted. As opposed to the start of a new raid tier where everyone is replacing all their gear. I can easily pull in tens of thousands of gold each week (most of it on just a few days) for at least the first month after a patch. When the economy isn't as booming, I rely on saved gold to pay for my expenses.

I wrote up a whole mini-guide myself, but I decided to redact it as it would be of limited use at this point in time of WoW's lifecycle. I did save it though, so I'll probably post it sometime around the Mists launch.

Primarily it revolves around something called the [Insert Primary Ore Type Here] (Elementium in Cataclysm's case) Shuffle. You can Google "[ore] shuffle" and you'll get more detailed guides. Just don't pay for any of them if pay ones pop up.

I have to warn you though, you'll experience limited success (or possibly even take on losses) if you try to enact this strategy now, as WoW is sort of in a depression period with raid bosses on farm and limited amounts of new gear entering the economy that need to be gemmed/enchanted. As opposed to the start of a new raid tier where everyone is replacing all their gear. I can easily pull in tens of thousands of gold each week (most of it on just a few days) for at least the first month after a patch. When the economy isn't as booming, I rely on saved gold to pay for my expenses.

Why don't you be more detailed so people wont wind up on a website with a keylogger or something?

Basically with the three professions buy ore, prospect, xmute gems, craft gems, make jewelry out of crap gems, DE the jewelry, sell DE mats or enchants.

Mods, macros, and knowing what gem patterns to buy is another story.

Having a second or third JC will probably be a good idea for mists if this is still a good method and JC is still limited to 1 token a day.

So, I got back onto my main today after an extended absence from wow. Still sporting i-level 346-359 gear. I'd like to try out LFR, but it will be a little bit before I have an average i-level of 378. Any suggestions for getting there quickly? I guess I'll start running the 4.3 dungeons repeatedly and use justice badges, with an occasional Baradin Hold run and hope for a lucky drop, which rarely happens for me. At some point I'd also like to finish the Molten Front dailies, but more so for the companions/mounts. i-level 365 gear seems mostly useless.

Will probably revert back to my trying to acquire rare companions, too. That stupid fox kit hasn't dropped for me yet.

So, I got back onto my main today after an extended absence from wow. Still sporting i-level 346-359 gear. I'd like to try out LFR, but it will be a little bit before I have an average i-level of 378. Any suggestions for getting there quickly? I guess I'll start running the 4.3 dungeons repeatedly and use justice badges, with an occasional Baradin Hold run and hope for a lucky drop, which rarely happens for me. At some point I'd also like to finish the Molten Front dailies, but more so for the companions/mounts. i-level 365 gear seems mostly useless.

Will probably revert back to my trying to acquire rare companions, too. That stupid fox kit hasn't dropped for me yet.

I was at 360 when I came back in January and I just chain-ran the 4.3s until I had enough valor/justice/drops to get to ilevel. The dungeons are so short that it shouldn't take you very long.

You could also check the AH out for any 378 items, as those should be really cheap.

You can also buy the VP boots/bracers for about 2k total which should bump your ilevel up a decent amount.

I finished up all the dailies in MF when I got back, but that was mainly for the gold because I gave all my gold to my guild when I initially quit. I think there are 17 total if you have everything unlocked which is a nice chunk each day if your are gold-starved.

I was at 360 when I came back in January and I just chain-ran the 4.3s until I had enough valor/justice/drops to get to ilevel. The dungeons are so short that it shouldn't take you very long.

You could also check the AH out for any 378 items, as those should be really cheap.

You can also buy the VP boots/bracers for about 2k total which should bump your ilevel up a decent amount.

I finished up all the dailies in MF when I got back, but that was mainly for the gold because I gave all my gold to my guild when I initially quit. I think there are 17 total if you have everything unlocked which is a nice chunk each day if your are gold-starved.
Cool. That is what I figured. Although, as far as the AH goes, my server is somewhat of a ghost town at the moment. I was looking at the AH yesterday and there is very slim pickings.

Top Bottom