• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Tamanon

Banned
Alucrid said:
Question, did hunters get nerfed? What are they like compared to Vanilla?

Hunters are pretty close to the top of the charts currently in PvE. Fights are ranged friendly to begin with and the new system allows them to do a lot more on the move than in previous expansions.

Alucrid

Banned
Tamanon said:
Hunters are pretty close to the top of the charts currently in PvE. Fights are ranged friendly to begin with and the new system allows them to do a lot more on the move than in previous expansions.

I'm down with that...I originally played on a PvE server anyways. Thanks. Although I always did like figuring out how to get near shooting distance in vanilla. Feign death then pop a freeze trap, scattershot, having the stun chance of concussive arrow (iirc, that's the name)....so many good memories.

markot said:
No mana = 10000000 times better.

Whoa, what do we use now then? Focus, hmm...that's odd. Not sure how I feel about that, I kinda liked mana. Kinda liked arrows/quivers too. So...what's considered the best race for hunters? I was a troll originally, but it looks like all races got some race extras.

Azwethinkweiz said:
Hunters are pretty garbage in arena though.

Well...we were never boss at PvP anyways. /shrug

Dunno what you guys are on about, there are some bad ass hunters in BGs. Of course arena isn't going to be ideal for them, they're a class designed to use the terrain and environment to their best advantage. Difficult to put distance between yourself and opponents when you're in an enclosed space to begin with.

Alucrid, as for your question, there is no "best" race because it's all down to person preference but if you don't give a shit and just want a slight edge, Orc hunters get a small amount of extra resistance to physical stuff and a boosted pet attack power.

Alucrid

Banned
Azwethinkweiz said:
If you're min/maxing, Troll is the best race for Hunter in terms of top DPS (if you're using a bow anyway).

Ok, that's good to know. I always used a bow anyways, the one from the hunter quest. Hated guns...

Hunters in arena depend completely on kiting ability. If you can't kite well, you're going to die FAST (to a melee class).

That said, a couple of months ago when I was playing arena (2v2 as a DK) I didn't encounter too many hunters to begin with because they are so weak in arena at present. Usually when a team with a hunter did pop up I (or my partner and I if he was DPS at the time) would usually target him first as they were pretty easy to kill if I could get in range to hit them even a few times.

GLopez12

Neo Member
Azwethinkweiz said:
Hunters are pretty garbage in arena though.
Not really. There are a lot of people who are bad at hunters, but hunters have a few comps capable of rank 1. Frost death knight / hunter / healer, warrior / hunter / healer, and feral druid / hunter / healer come to mind.

One of my teams occasionally plays with a hunter, and we do fine at a 2800+ level.

GLopez12 said:
Not really. There are a lot of people who are bad at hunters, but hunters have a few comps capable of rank 1. Frost death knight / hunter / healer, warrior / hunter / healer, and feral druid / hunter / healer come to mind.

One of my teams occasionally plays with a hunter, and we do fine at a 2800+ level.
BG9? If not than its not really 2800 its more like 1800.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
BloodElfHunter said:
I thought you sold your account with 15 80's and 20 85's because wow is a horrible game and ruined your life or whatever sob story.

What do you care about wow e-peen?

TheYanger

BloodElfHunter said:

Oh you.

I remember when TSG was on Medivh with me and would constantly get told that they weren't ACTUALLY good at arena because they weren't on BG9...then they finally transferred and proceeded to beat the shit out of everyone on BG9 as well. Has always been horseshit.

And sebulon: Marza, and you can always try...but I AFK a lot!

GLopez12 said:
LOL. The funny thing is that it's actually easier to get higher rated on BG9 because rating has become so inflated there.
Ya if you consider 2400 high... you're just bad then. Probably playing some flavor of the month ezmode crap involving lsd or a frost dk too I bet.

BloodElfHunter said:
Ya if you consider 2400 high... you're just bad then. Probably playing some flavor of the month ezmode crap involving lsd or a frost dk too I bet.
You ever finish top of a bg in arena? If not go hide in a corner with your gladiator title.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
These new /roar sounds for all races are either good(male worgen especially) or awfully bad.(i'm looking at you female draeneis and blood elves)

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Bisnic said:
These new /roar sounds for all races are either good(male worgen especially) or awfully bad.(i'm looking at you female draeneis and blood elves)
Female draeneis and blood elves don't even meet the definition of a roar. The fuck. Female Troll trying to sound like "Rawr" sounds bad. Excluding Wogren, who win by default, Dwarf Male is the best. A lot on the Alliance side sound too weak or short.

Bisnic

DeathNote said:
Female draeneis and blood elves don't even meet the definition of a roar. The fuck. Female Troll trying to sound like "Rawr" sounds bad. Excluding Wogren, who win by default, Dwarf Male is the best. A lot on the Alliance side sound too weak or short.

The male gnome one is hilarious. Nothing gnomes says can be taken seriously. And hopefully the female BC races are only a placeholder, because that's not even a roar.

FLEABttn

Banned
CcrooK said:
So is there any difference between the dx9 and dx11 option?

Visually, there's hardly a difference. However, dx11 mode is more efficient and I was able to turn shadows up and maintain a higher fps than I was able to with dx9.

Alright, after like trying to find this clip for 15 minutes i'll guess i'll just have to say it: After Blizz sees what happens to the AH area in org/stormwind with the roar emote, it's going to be like the scene in arrested development where Michael has to take all the whistles back from the board members.

Bisnic

theinfinityissue said:
Alright, after like trying to find this clip for 15 minutes i'll guess i'll just have to say it: After Blizz sees what happens to the AH area in org/stormwind with the roar emote, it's going to be like the scene in arrested development where Michael has to take all the whistles back from the board members.

It will only be like this for the first days. You don't see people abusing other voice emotes much.

Bisnic

Azwethinkweiz said:
They abuse the fucking train. I'll kill a mother fucker over that goddamn train.

It's not abusing when its cause by the toy train on the ground lol. Good thing there is something to destroy it.

TheYanger

Not surprising. I'm hoping they really go and fix that fight, on PTR it was sort of fun but....WAY too easy. Even compared to the other firelands fights it's a snoozefest. Of course, the heroic only phase sounds a lot more chaotic and awesome too though.

markot

Banned
2 recycled instances =/= new content.

Sorry but I expect more from blizz than what they are giving us now. It was bad enough before, now it seems like they are completely asleep at the wheel.

I guess this is what having no decent competition in the mmo arena does to a company. That and being able to make millions just by selling a mount on an online store. No incentive to actually give us content and... stuff. But I guess 15 bucks a month isnt enough.

Hixx

markot said:
2 recycled instances =/= new content.

Sorry but I expect more from blizz than what they are giving us now. It was bad enough before, now it seems like they are completely asleep at the wheel.

I guess this is what having no decent competition in the mmo arena does to a company. That and being able to make millions just by selling a mount on an online store. No incentive to actually give us content and... stuff. But I guess 15 bucks a month isnt enough.

new bosses, new mechanics, its new content.

its not enough, but it was new content.

Swag

I pull about 17k in there on my fury warrior 351 ilvl, yours is gonna be lower, so about 13~15k is where you should be I think.

Granted I don't play an ele shaman.

Jrmint

Alucrid said:
So battle.net has everything for $88. I'm guessing that's probably the cheapest I'll get?
WoW and BC come packaged together I think for $20 max. That will take you to level 70 which will give you a very good feel over whether or not you'll like the game.

Additionally that will give you the entire new 1-60 starter content that was added in the Cataclysm.

Don't rush into buying everything at once. Or wait till closer till this holiday season when inevitably there will be a box set including Wrath of the Lich King.

GLopez12

Neo Member
BloodElfHunter said:
Not really. I got over 2800 as an unholy death knight on multiple battlegroups with multiple comps. I will play frost until it gets hopefully nerfed, though.

I think 2400 is really low. Anything below 2600 is pretty bad, really. Maybe even 2700 at this point.

Top Bottom