• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

TheYanger said:
It's clear from some of their responses that they want to do it, but I think they're not sure how. These guys played EQ, they remember when EQ overhauled its PC models. No matter how 'bad' they look, people are attached to them, if you make things look even the slightest bit different, there will be whining and bitching.

EQ was pretty heavy handed with the changes to a few races, though. I'll never quite understand why anyone would want the old Ogre models, but different strokes I guess.

I really don't see any reason why they couldn't just update the textures without really changing the look and feel of the models. Obviously they aren't going to be one-to-one. Anyone that bitches and whines about what should be essentially the same model is going to bitch and whine with regard to just about anything.

Regardless, model updates would have gone fantastically with the old world changes.

Alex

They should just do it and ignore the whiners, no one gives a fuck if some emotionally stunted manchild is in love with his low-poly Night Elf.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Alex said:
They should just do it and ignore the whiners, no one gives a fuck if some emotionally stunted manchild is in love with his low-poly Night Elf.
Pretty much the long and short of it. Just let people recreate within the same confines of Race/Gender.

Alucrid

Banned
So can anyone explain what the Glyphs are and how to use them? I tried looking at them on wow sites but didn't get much from them. Same thing for this Relic I have?

Alex

Not something they could charge for, however they would likely make some big bucks off of race changes, which will make sure this is done sooner or later regardless.

Dresden

Alucrid said:
So can anyone explain what the Glyphs are and how to use them? I tried looking at them on wow sites but didn't get much from them. Same thing for this Relic I have?
What class and spec are you running? They basically boost or modify your abilities - you can install one Prime, one Major, and one Minor every twenty five levels.

And relics are basically there for the stats. It's the paladin/shaman equivalent of wands and ranged weapons.

Alucrid

Banned
Ok, thanks. So I have to get someone to make them for me then? Since all the ones in the AH are 100+ I'm assuming that's way overpriced.

Aesthet1c

Anyone care to share some tips for phase 3 on 10 man Nef?

Our off tank is struggling with add management. We tried doing multiple strategies, like tanking Nef in the center and having the add tank go around the outside the of the room. That requires me to spin Nef to make sure he never faces the adds.

We have also tried tanking Nef on the very edge of the room and just tanking the adds around the circle starting at the tail and going around until he gets close to the face and then cutting across towards the tail again.

Both ways seem to produce problems with fire and the adds not dropping frequently enough. Is there any words of wisdom you guys might have to help him out? He isn't stunning or slowing the adds in any way and just backpedaling. At least that's what he tells me..

Aesthet1c said:
Anyone care to share some tips for phase 3 on 10 man Nef?

Our off tank is struggling with add management. We tried doing multiple strategies, like tanking Nef in the center and having the add tank go around the outside the of the room. That requires me to spin Nef to make sure he never faces the adds.

We have also tried tanking Nef on the very edge of the room and just tanking the adds around the circle starting at the tail and going around until he gets close to the face and then cutting across towards the tail again.

Both ways seem to produce problems with fire and the adds not dropping frequently enough. Is there any words of wisdom you guys might have to help him out? He isn't stunning or slowing the adds in any way and just backpedaling. At least that's what he tells me..
What type of tank is it?

As for the bolded, the adds do need to be stunned/slowed, but only in between shadowflame missiles and only when they've got a bunch of stacks. When the tanks does this right(with proper stuns/slows), he should be able to take very little damage, and be able to kite the adds for a very long time. The key to the adds dying is watching DBM for shadow flame missiles and moving the adds when the missiles pop.

FYI we used a warrior tank and a resto shaman healer.

The easiest strategy i've seen is to just tank nef in a corner away from the adds, that gives you the majority of the room to kite in and it removes any need for complicated coordination.

Aesthet1c

Thanks for the reply PillowKnight.

He is a paladin tank, and I'm a warrior tank. I usually tank Nef and he does the adds. Would it be more beneficial to switch? Or can a pally pull it off?

I think maybe his problem is he's just not moving fast enough when the missiles go out.

yanhero

Aesthet1c said:
Thanks for the reply PillowKnight.

He is a paladin tank, and I'm a warrior tank. I usually tank Nef and he does the adds. Would it be more beneficial to switch? Or can a pally pull it off?

I think maybe his problem is he's just not moving fast enough when the missiles go out.

Paladins are just fine, they have holy wrath. When the missile goes out, the tank prob should strafe to kite as fast as possible instead of just back-paddling.

My guild does the heroic version with a Paladin tanking the adds as well as a paly healing him.

So I just reactivated my account this morning. Played for about 30 minutes.. took a nap.. then came back to play some more and my account already got hacked.. yeesh

Eric WK

Fisticuffs said:
So I just reactivated my account this morning. Played for about 30 minutes.. took a nap.. then came back to play some more and my account already got hacked.. yeesh

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

I just got a Scroll of Resurrection to see if I wanted to come back and now I'm getting account change attempt notifications every day. I swear, it's not even worth it.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Eric WK said:
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

I just got a Scroll of Resurrection to see if I wanted to come back and now I'm getting account change attempt notifications every day. I swear, it's not even worth it.
Um, change your email address and don't type it into any and every website that asks? make a special one for wow.

Scan your pc with malwarebytes and or a virus program while wow is open for possible keyloggers.

Swag

DeathNote said:
I'm assuming your PC isn't strong enough. I get 10fps on fraps using my normal resolution and settings.

i5 750 3.6 ghz
Radeon 4890
8gb ram

How much stronger do I need to be :(

Entropia

No One Remembers
LumpOfCole said:
Just did 10-man Heroic Nef. Blackwing's Bane wahoo!

Grats!!! :D

This arena season I've managed to get a title! At the very least I shall be a Challenger. If my 5s team gets their shit together we could get Duelist.

Swag

LumpOfCole said:
Just did 10-man Heroic Nef. Blackwing's Bane wahoo!

Grats! How in the zone were you when you got below 10% and all you had to do was keep the tanks up, love that moment.

markot

Banned
Entropia said:
Grats!!! :D

This arena season I've managed to get a title! At the very least I shall be a Challenger. If my 5s team gets their shit together we could get Duelist.
I thought you hated pvp >.<

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Alucrid said:
How am I supposed to get 5k gold for the Artisn mount training? :|
You'll have enough for that and Master easy from 1-85 leveling.

You also should have done skinning/herb and sold everything.

Tamanon

Banned
Alucrid said:
How am I supposed to get 5k gold for the Artisn mount training? :|

Just level to 85, it'll come. All that matters is getting regular flight and the money flows as you level up. It's much, much easier than it used to be.

Eric WK

DeathNote said:
Um, change your email address and don't type it into any and every website that asks? make a special one for wow.

Scan your pc with malwarebytes and or a virus program while wow is open for possible keyloggers.

If I had a keylogger they'd be approving the account changes in my email.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Eric WK said:
If I had a keylogger they'd be approving the account changes in my email.
Uhm, not nessairly. You could easily have the email password saved into your browser. I'm not a mind reader. It's a good idea to scan with wow open from time to time.

One thing is for sure, something knows the email, change it.

Alucrid

Banned
Tamanon said:
Just level to 85, it'll come. All that matters is getting regular flight and the money flows as you level up. It's much, much easier than it used to be.

DeathNote said:
You'll have enough for that and Master easy from 1-85 leveling.

You also should have done skinning/herb and sold everything.

Yeah, I figured as much seeing as I have 350 at 66 after buying flight training, but damn if that isn't an intimidating number.

Tamanon

Banned
Alucrid said:
Yeah, I figured as much seeing as I have 350 at 66 after buying flight training, but damn if that isn't an intimidating number.

Keep in mind, once you get to 80, you get 10-25 gold per quest and then if it rewards a green, that can vendor for 8 to 30 gold depending on what it is. It gets absolutely silly, especially for those who remember the days of farming Tyr's Hand.

Heroic Chogall down tonight. If we manage to get Sinestra before 4.2 I'll be pretty happy. We haven't killed Al'akir or Council but I don't really care about either of those.

markot

Banned
Yeah but its nearly 7 months since launch to the first real content patch.... so then deathwing in 7 months, then a few months later next xpac.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm sure we'll get something else before Deathwing, maybe some raid in Vash'jir. I mean, Neptulon got captured and they're going to leave it like that? Unlikely. They're probably gonna use that entrance next to Throne of Tides that still leads to nowhere.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Bisnic said:
I'm sure we'll get something else before Deathwing, maybe some raid in Vash'jir. I mean, Neptulon got captured and they're going to leave it like that? Unlikely. They're probably gonna use that entrance next to Throne of Tides that still leads to nowhere.

Yeah, there was supposed to be a supplementary new 5man with 4.2 for Abyssal Maw, but Blizzard thought that would be too much! (insert rolling eyes here). That would've probably wrapped up the Neptulon story, or atleast advanced it.

Seeing as we have a new ZA/ZG, we can rule out a Troll raid. :p

Maybe we'll get a ToC pt. 2. Variann and Garrosh want to find champions strong enough to take on Deathwing! :lol

Alucrid said:
Ok, thanks. So I have to get someone to make them for me then? Since all the ones in the AH are 100+ I'm assuming that's way overpriced.
Sorry for the late response. It's hard to say what's overpriced nowadays since once a person learns a glyph, they never have to get that glyph again. Prices are way up to compensate. If you want to save some money, get the mats for the glyphs that you want and then find someone who can make them for you. I usually give a pretty nice tip, but that's just me. Otherwise, start leveling your inscription profession.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
One thing about glyphs is quite are discovered through world drop books in Northrend I think. They are selling some high because others can't make them.

I think they are gonna change discovery for new inscribes.

mikeGFG

Banned
markot said:
Sooooooooooooooooooooo...

At this rate, there will be like 1 more big patch before next xpac? Deathwing?

Basically. I think with the way level 85 content is being rolled out piecemeal, how casually they admit to scraping whole raids (Abyssal Maw), and the fact theyre undoubtedly well underway on the next expansion, its only obvious that Deathwing is the next raid.

I wouldnt be surprised to see one more round of 5mans (AQ40 and AQ20), followed by Deathwing's raid, albeit heavily gated to keep raiders sticking around.

Top Bottom