• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Guys I haven't played for a while but got the damn itch back after D3 got boring.

Thing is. I have a druid lvl 80 and a rogue lvl 74. I dont enjoy healing or tanking but only dps and pvp. Needless to say I suck at both mostly because of bad gear.

So in short which of these two classes is least gear dependant? Oh and while I'm at it I have a 70 hunter that could possibly be an option.

From new strings added to the client, it appears that there will be a Collector's Edition Mount in addition to the usual pet(s) for Mists.

Also, I'd wager that the Wrathion Legendary stuff is to give you that item, which can then be used to make any weapon have Legendary properties - so basically giving every class/spec the opportunity for a Legendary this first tier. It might not be as good as a normal Legendary, but it still seems pretty cool. Especially since one of the options seems to be for a shield. I don't know how'd they'd handle it for DK/Druid tanks though (Monk tanks as well?)

Measley

Guys I haven't played for a while but got the damn itch back after D3 got boring.

Thing is. I have a druid lvl 80 and a rogue lvl 74. I dont enjoy healing or tanking but only dps and pvp. Needless to say I suck at both mostly because of bad gear.

So in short which of these two classes is least gear dependant? Oh and while I'm at it I have a 70 hunter that could possibly be an option.

I say take the Druid to 85. You can't match their versatility.

Tamanon

Banned
From new strings added to the client, it appears that there will be a Collector's Edition Mount in addition to the usual pet(s) for Mists.

Also, I'd wager that the Wrathion Legendary stuff is to give you that item, which can then be used to make any weapon have Legendary properties - so basically giving every class/spec the opportunity for a Legendary this first tier. It might not be as good as a normal Legendary, but it still seems pretty cool. Especially since one of the options seems to be for a shield. I don't know how'd they'd handle it for DK/Druid tanks though (Monk tanks as well?)

Druid/Monk would be a legendary Agi staff most likely. That'd work for tanks too.

Ultratech

Woo! Got the Raven Lord mount finally! Looks so good...
Took 47 kills, but it finally dropped!

So here's some pics:
xfBjK.jpg
In the Molten Front
In Org with other rare mounts (Onyxia mount was in the shot, but the guy dismounted as I took the pic.)

Touch

Man i was soo happy when Raven Lord dropped for me about 2 months back. I ran around sw for hours jumping over people :lol

congratz :p

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Probably just the same way Shadowmourne was best for DK tanks as well, whatever weapon a tank uses will probably be the best for them.

I just recently got the fiery warhorse from karazhan... now THAT is a rare drop. Took half a year.

No joke. I do that right after my guild raid ends and I'm looking at around 4 straight months of doing that f'ing mob.

Raven Lord took a month or so. I got lucky on the Swift White and got that my first try; same with the Blue Proto Drake.

I guess I used up all my karma.

Woo! Got the Raven Lord mount finally! Looks so good...
Took 47 kills, but it finally dropped!

So here's some pics:

In the Molten Front

In Org with other rare mounts (Onyxia mount was in the shot, but the guy dismounted as I took the pic.)
Grats. I'm at 52 kills so far. I wish I could still farm the Raptor and Tiger bosses in old ZG. I started doing that way too late, and eventually ZG was removed. Boo. Haven't messed with Kara in a while. I might start that back up.
No joke. I do that right after my guild raid ends and I'm looking at around 4 straight months of doing that f'ing mob.

Raven Lord took a month or so. I got lucky on the Swift White and got that my first try; same with the Blue Proto Drake.

That's random. I got the blue proto drake on one of my first runs. Can't remember if it was the very first or not, though. Did it with people in my guild and I won the roll even though I rarely win rolls.

lordmrw

The Rogue Level 90 talents kick ass. I have no idea what you're talking about.

I meant to say Anticipation in my original post oops.

Shuriken Toss - as was previously said, there's usually something for melee to do during any air phases like Onyxia. The damage is so low however that it might as well be useless and it forces you to take deadly throw in the third tier (i'm at work so I can't check) to make it worthwhile.

Versatility - this is situational and my issue with it is that pretty much every other class that has some form of combo points (paladins, monks) can switch over and keep whatever charges they've built up baseline without needing a talent to do so.

Anticipation - this is nice and has uses in both pvp and pve.

Those are my issues with the 90 talents. And on a side note, their responses to the rogue issues yesterday basically confirmed what everyone more or less suspected; their aren't going to be any other changes or fixes to our problems despite the numerous threads detailing the exact problems in the beta class forum.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I meant to say Anticipation in my original post oops.

Shuriken Toss - as was previously said, there's usually something for melee to do during any air phases like Onyxia. The damage is so low however that it might as well be useless and it forces you to take deadly throw in the third tier (i'm at work so I can't check) to make it worthwhile.

Versatility - this is situational and my issue with it is that pretty much every other class that has some form of combo points (paladins, monks) can switch over and keep whatever charges they've built up baseline without needing a talent to do so.

Anticipation - this is nice and has uses in both pvp and pve.

Those are my issues with the 90 talents. And on a side note, their responses to the rogue issues yesterday basically confirmed what everyone more or less suspected; their aren't going to be any other changes or fixes to our problems despite the numerous threads detailing the exact problems in the beta class forum.

Try being a DK where all the talents do nothing in PVE

I just recently got the fiery warhorse from karazhan... now THAT is a rare drop. Took half a year.

I've never even bothered with that one as it's so similar to the DK mount. I may have a go at it sometime though - I need the Karazhan raid rep.

I've never seen a Blue Proto drop (I don't think) despite doing many runs of UP in Wrath. Not that I was trying every day for it, but the amount of runs over the course of the expansion adds up (at least 20-30+). I've only done Magister's Terrace a handful of times, more hoping for the phoenix pet than the mount (not a huge fan of hawkstriders except for the humor value, being a Tauren). I'll have to tackle it some more though when I start up again - there's also that item that turns you into a Blood Elf in there.

Ultratech

I've never even bothered with that one as it's so similar to the DK mount. I may have a go at it sometime though - I need the Karazhan raid rep.

I've never seen a Blue Proto drop (I don't think) despite doing many runs of UP in Wrath. Not that I was trying every day for it, but the amount of runs over the course of the expansion adds up (at least 20-30+). I've only done Magister's Terrace a handful of times, more hoping for the phoenix pet than the mount (not a huge fan of hawkstriders except for the humor value, being a Tauren). I'll have to tackle it some more though when I start up again - there's also that item that turns you into a Blood Elf in there.

Yeah, I've only done Kara solo a few times, so I haven't seen it really drop. I keep thinking I see people with it only to find it's the Headless Horseman mount (they look pretty similar). It's easy enough to farm for at least, though I don't have much reason to do Kara too much (maxed rep and got most everything good out of there except Sunfury and Wolfslayer Sniper Rifle).

I've done Magister's Terrace quite a bit and gotten all of the goodies out of there except the mount. At least it supposedly has a better drop rate than other dungeon mounts. I'll probably keep running it since it's decent money and I'm almost exalted with the Shattered Sun faction. Not a huge priority for me though.

I may start doing UP for the Blue Proto, but I've only done the place once before. Also, it's a pain to fly to there from Dalaran.

May start working on getting the Tol Borad dragon or doing the Argent Dailies (really debating about doing those...I'm not going for all the mounts anyways, just most of the achievements)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Eh, the talents will probably be reallllly good in challenge modes, will suck in traditional tank and spec, but who cares really.

I have my doubts anyone will care about Challenge Modes and a lot of people already care about the DK talents.

Entropia

No One Remembers
When do you guys think Blizzard will announce the MoP Collector's Edition content?

Though not official announced, this was recently datamined from a new beta patch.

[PH] Collector's Edition: : Owner of the Mists of Pandaria Collector's Edition Imperial Quilen mount.
[PH] Collector's Edition: : Owner of the Mists of Pandaria Collector's Edition Lucky Quilen Cub pet.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Where's my achievement for buying the D3 CE?

Angry Grimace

MOP isn't going to be out any earlier than any other WoW expansion. Putting out open access on the beta for money was fucking brilliant since they can practically leave the live realms to rot and nobody even cares since the people who actively bitch are the people who already paid to play the beta.

Though not official announced, this was recently datamined from a new beta patch.

[PH] Collector's Edition: : Owner of the Mists of Pandaria Collector's Edition Imperial Quilen mount.
[PH] Collector's Edition: : Owner of the Mists of Pandaria Collector's Edition Lucky Quilen Cub pet.

Googled "Quilen"

...ugly

How can I get my Mini-Thor pet on newer characters?

When I create a new character it doesn't have all my account goodies sitting in the mailbox...

How can I get my Mini-Thor pet on newer characters?

When I create a new character it doesn't have all my account goodies sitting in the mailbox...
That's strange that they don't show up in the mail. Everything shows up fine for me when I create a new character.

Try sending a GM ticket and see if they can send you that stuff.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm not sure why Blizzard thinks its alright to leave the live realms with no new content for nearly a year before releasing an expansion. They did the same shit with the end of WOTLK and they'll probably do the same thing with MoP. Way to get your players bored Blizz!

Angry Grimace

I'm not sure why Blizzard thinks its alright to leave the live realms with no new content for nearly a year before releasing an expansion. They did the same shit with the end of WOTLK and they'll probably do the same thing with MoP. Way to get your players bored Blizz!

Because it clearly is alright.

I just wish they would start consolidating the servers. My server sucks; the AH is a ghost town - nobody ever buys my shit and prices are ridiculous for even common items...I shouldn't have to pay $25 per toon just to get to a server with some actual players on it.

And no, the mixed zone thing they're planning doesn't count.

Draxal

The vocal minority that would have complained have either been playing on beta, or quit after the year long wait during Wotlk. The server ... i forgot what they called it blending?, is a much more elegant way of handling server's merging than for say ... what's going on with Old Republic.

TheYanger

Casuals whined too much about Burning Crusade's model, despite the fact that it gave uninterrupted content for any average guild for the ENTIRE expansion. The very top guilds sat too long on Black Temple, so they should've staggered T5/T6 zones a TAD more, but otherwise any guild below like, top 50 US, basically NEVER exhausted their content that xpac. It was beautiful. Idiots whined about it and now we're stuck with this wrath/Cata babymode content release cycle where everyone is shuffled through everything immediately and we're stuck waiting eons for the next hit.

Gila

I'm thinking of starting this game, is it wise?

What would the pros/cons be? I just really love trading, so I dunno if I'm way to LTTP for this game

Entropia

No One Remembers
Casuals whined too much about Burning Crusade's model, despite the fact that it gave uninterrupted content for any average guild for the ENTIRE expansion. The very top guilds sat too long on Black Temple, so they should've staggered T5/T6 zones a TAD more, but otherwise any guild below like, top 50 US, basically NEVER exhausted their content that xpac. It was beautiful. Idiots whined about it and now we're stuck with this wrath/Cata babymode content release cycle where everyone is shuffled through everything immediately and we're stuck waiting eons for the next hit.

Pretty much.

I loved that in BC you could move on when you were ready to move on, not when Blizzard gave you the content to move onto.

ampere

Most people I know are either: taking a break, playing beta, or playing diablo.

It does kind of suck, but low activity on our server helped me win the fishing tournament last weekend, so that was cool :p

I'm thinking of starting this game, is it wise?

What would the pros/cons be? I just really love trading, so I dunno if I'm way to LTTP for this game
You love trading? What do you mean, like gear trading in Diablo? A lot of loot in WoW is soulbound so you can't trade it once you get it, if that is what you are getting at.

Most people I know are either: taking a break, playing beta, or playing diablo.

It does kind of suck, but low activity on our server helped me win the fishing tournament last weekend, so that was cool :p

You love trading? What do you mean, like gear trading in Diablo? A lot of loot in WoW is soulbound so you can't trade it once you get it, if that is what you are getting at.

Trading in WoW ain't about gear for the most part, it's about flipping rare mounts and TCG stuff and crafting/gathering mats.

Most casuals don't have the patience to bang their heads against a progression wall for months to move on. Most casuals didn't even raid in BC beyond dipping their toes into Kara (if that). I know I stopped playing BC as a casual after doing Kara like 4 times which was already by my standards a pain in the ass thanks to the keying process.

I mean I don't stick around any longer nowadays, but I enjoy it more because I see all the content, so I'm more willing to resub per patch.

MOP isn't going to be out any earlier than any other WoW expansion. Putting out open access on the beta for money was fucking brilliant since they can practically leave the live realms to rot and nobody even cares since the people who actively bitch are the people who already paid to play the beta.

Or are playing D3. That's what I'm doing, and I don't feel bad because that game came with my year long sub.

It was a pretty genius move. They got about the same amount of money out of me as they would have without it, but they get to say I'm subbed all year long and sell me cosmetic stuff.

Top Bottom