• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Any of you fellow hunters been able to tame Gezzarak the Huntress? It's a "rare" pet that you fight in a quest but ends up being tamable. I've never quested in Outlands so I'm not sure what quests to get into to find this guy.

I think this is the quest chain to look for (Adversarial Blood is part you need I think):

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=11021

You'll need a flying mount to get upto Skettis, so it's a Level 70 quest to start with.

Hope that helps.

Ultratech

I think this is the quest chain to look for (Adversarial Blood is part you need I think):

You'll need a flying mount to get upto Skettis, so it's a Level 70 quest to start with.

Hope that helps.

Oh yeah, you have to do a Skettis line of quests and gather materials so you can summon some bosses for a quest that allows you to ultimately summon Terokk. Gezzarak is one of the random bosses that can appear.

Definitely wanna be high-leveled to do it though. (Sub-80, it hits pretty hard, or so I hear.)

ampere

Any GAFers have a level 80 tank that is ready to do Herald of the Titans on Alliance side, US version of the game? I'm on Eredar, but cross realm is OK. For anyone who is unsure or doesn't know what this is, it is an Algalon 10 man kill with everyone in the group at level 80 with 226 ilevel armor and 232 ilevel weapons or lower.

Had our guildies who were going to tank quit playing so I've been looking on WoW forums and figured I'd check here as well.

If you're interested, reply to this post or PM me.

Hah, my 85 still has a bunch of (all?) gear that would work for that. I know I kept the 4-Piece T8 and at least a couple weapons. I'm surprised it's still in the game, I thought it was removed, but I guess because the requirements are so stringent they kept it in. Maybe it was just the moving of it from a regular achievement to a feat of strength (I think, right?)

I do have a level 69/70 Paladin that I could level quick for it (and this is something that might even be worth resubbing a month for), but he's Horde, as are all my characters above level 20. He also obviously wouldn't have the gear for it, which would take at least a couple weeks to get, even without needing to share loot. So that rules me out.

J-Roderton

Hope that helps.

Awesome. Thanks. I managed to snag a white version of that mob, (pretty cool pet, really) but I'm pretty sure I'm going after this bad girl later on tonight. Just gotta figure out where these damned quests start at.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
One potential solution we might try is just to give Frost and Unholy Presence a 1 sec GCD (or all DKs for that matter), lower the Runic Power from Frost Presence and give Unholy Presence a different bonus. We generally have shifted classes that are resource constrained to having a 1 sec GCD, and most existing DKs are already pretty used to it.
Oh god pretty please

Sheesh. It's flippin hard to get gear through LFR. You just have to get incredibly lucky with your rolls. Still nada for me. And while i'm not doing incredible dps, I found that i was competing with other locks in much better gear. Although that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Lots of players have no idea what they're doing.

What are people up to these days in wow while waiting for MoP? Below is what I've been doing mostly:

• Killing Baradin Foxes for Fox Kit companion (will probably never drop)
  • Checking Shattrath Fishing Daily for Crocs in the City. Still need two of the companions.
  • Killing Anzu for shot at Reigns of the Raven Lord (only at like 50 kills at the moment)
  • Checking Therazane to see if Lost in the Deeps Daily Quest is available. Need 4 more to get Pebbles
  • Running Well of Eternity at least once - Trying to get Foul Gif of the Demon Lord trinket
  • Occasionally doing Molten Front Dailies, but I'm really burned out on them right now.

Ultratech

Sheesh. It's flippin hard to get gear through LFR. You just have to get incredibly lucky with your rolls. Still nada for me. And while i'm not doing incredible dps, I found that i was competing with other locks in much better gear. Although that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Lots of players have no idea what they're doing.

What are people up to these days in wow while waiting for MoP?

Yeah, LFR is pretty shitty. Also doesn't help that people will roll Need on stuff just so they can trade for other stuff that drops.
And of course, you could get stuck with an incredibly shitty group that has no idea what to do. Wiped on Deathwing the other night because he actually got Cataclysm off. WTF.

What have I been up to?
  • Building up an Orc DK. Kinda neat. Just hit 70 on him a few days back.
  • Kiling Anzu for Raven Lord mount (in around 50 kills so far...no luck thus far)
  • Molten Front Dailies; on the last phases, so it's going by much quicker now.
  • Checking for Time-Lost Proto Drake & Aeonaxx. (mostly TLPD, but no luck...)
  • Probably trying to find another server to move to, since mine is pretty much dead.
  • Want to run Tempest Keep to finish up my T5 Transmog. Just need chest from Kael and the boots from Solarian.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You would be amazed at the number of noobs who blindly choose Need just because the option is available. My druid lost the Deathwing polearm to some hunter who already had it a few months ago and who left immediately after winning it.

Ultratech

You would be amazed at the number of noobs who blindly choose Need just because the option is available. My druid lost the Deathwing polearm to some hunter who already had it a few months ago and who left immediately after winning it.

Yeah, that's another thing that pisses me off. Why isn't some of that stuff considered Unique?
Seems like a massive oversight letting people roll on stuff they have no business rolling on in the first place.

Okay, so celestial essences have to be the single hardest item to get in Cata right now. My main is an enchanter, too, and doesn't even matter. Things just rarely DE into the essences.
Yeah, LFR is pretty shitty. Also doesn't help that people will roll Need on stuff just so they can trade for other stuff that drops.
And of course, you could get stuck with an incredibly shitty group that has no idea what to do. Wiped on Deathwing the other night because he actually got Cataclysm off. WTF.

What have I been up to?
  • Building up an Orc DK. Kinda neat. Just hit 70 on him a few days back.
  • Kiling Anzu for Raven Lord mount (in around 50 kills so far...no luck thus far)
  • Molten Front Dailies; on the last phases, so it's going by much quicker now.
  • Checking for Time-Lost Proto Drake & Aeonaxx. (mostly TLPD, but no luck...)
  • Probably trying to find another server to move to, since mine is pretty much dead.
  • Want to run Tempest Keep to finish up my T5 Transmog. Just need chest from Kael and the boots from Solarian.
Occasionally I'll think about going to Storm Peaks to check, but then I get discouraged by the extremely low chances of TLPD being up and no other people already camping for him, so I just dismiss the notion.

I had some random guy start whispering me yesterday asking if I thought our server had died. It was weird, but I kind of agreed with him. I'm not willing to pay for a server transfer, though.

Clipse

God bless the 25% DS debuff. First night of 10-man HM Blackhorn attempts and we get him down in two. 2 or 3 of us didn't even know the whole fight beforehand and I died right before Goriona left in phase 2 lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's pretty funny how they're trying to defend the Lvl 90 DK talents by breaking out that old chestnut about how breaking CC is important in raid bosses (hint: it very rarely is). I would be willing to bet the talents get changed or do damage in the future.

Enosh

It's pretty funny how they're trying to defend the Lvl 90 DK talents by breaking out that old chestnut about how breaking CC is important in raid bosses (hint: it very rarely is). I would be willing to bet the talents get changed or do damage in the future.
they are completly and utterly useless in most situations and even sadder apart from one have an alternative further up the talent tree

Angry Grimace

they are completly and utterly useless in most situations and even sadder apart from one have an alternative further up the talent tree

My guess is that every PvE DK will have Gorefiend's Grasp for gathering adds on the tank.

Measley

Anyone else think the Monk talents are way more amazing than other class talents?

I play a Shaman, and I'm seriously considering a reroll.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Anyone else think the Monk talents are way more amazing than other class talents?

I play a Shaman, and I'm seriously considering a reroll.

They're ok. I do like the Shaman talents though :)

At some point I'd like to level my shaman up on the beta to see what they are like. Failing that, hope they open pre-made 90's soon lol

Srsly

Banned
Yo, can anyone throw me a scroll of resurrection? I'd like to mess around for a few days after ~ a year of not playing. My main char is Lurid on Blackhand

Managed to get TLPD and Aeonaxx in about two weeks total. Very happy about that shit.

I also think I've found a group that will help me with Shadowmourne since my guild is pretty much gone.

Managed to get TLPD and Aeonaxx in about two weeks total. Very happy about that shit.

I also think I've found a group that will help me with Shadowmourne since my guild is pretty much gone.

Grats

I've been tempted to go after these, but being on Illidan makes me think that it would lead to nothing but rage on my end.

lordmrw

Warlock level 90 talents are underwhelming.

The level 90 rogue talents are boring as hell and so situational outside of versatility that I might as well not even notice them. I'm completely underwhelmed by the rogue talent tree, there are so many PVP talents that are basically useless in PVE and a significant portion are skills that were baseline previously.

The level 90 rogue talents are boring as hell and so situational outside of versatility that I might as well not even notice them. I'm completely underwhelmed by the rogue talent tree, there are so many PVP talents that are basically useless in PVE and a significant portion are skills that were baseline previously.

While not too exciting, I'd say Anticipation is hella useful. No more skipping a Revealing because SS granted 2 points when you had 3 and no more 4 point envenoms. If anything, I'd say Versatility is pretty situational as if there are no adds up, the talent is wasted.

lol to shuriken toss.

But other than that, the talents are a little meh. The only truly interesting choice I can see (for PvE) is either Shadowstep or Burst of Speed at level 60 and the 45 talents. Cheat Death sounds kind of cool in a PvE environment and will probably have some situational use. I have barely spent any time on beta, but Leeching sounds pretty great, but while cool, it's not very exciting.

Level 30 seems useless for PvE as Combat Readiness is never used due to its shared CD with CoS.

I haven't really looked at the talents in a while, so I have no idea if anything has really changed, so whatevs.

idlewild_

You won't be skipping revealing anyways, the debuff needs a 100% uptime in MoP. Anticipation takes out a bit of complexity from Sub (and Combat...lol,) but it's just too good to pass up when compared to the other available talents in that tree.

Yeah, I read up on the changes to Revealing.

Eh, I'll be switching back to Assassination once 5.0 hits. Combat is so mindless that it's driving me nuts.

Angry Grimace

The Rogue Level 90 talents kick ass. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Grats

I've been tempted to go after these, but being on Illidan makes me think that it would lead to nothing but rage on my end.

Thank you. The TLPD camp was unbearable, but I really lucked into Aeonaxx. I decided I wouldn't camp Aeonaxx for a while, because TLPD had been such an awful camp. I logged in on and off for a few days, checked spawn points, and kept it moving. On the third day, after working on things around the house I heard NPC scan pop on my friend's account. Rushed over there with my main, just barely beating the other campers who weren't paying much attention. I got a lot of hate messages too. lol I wasn't expecting Aeonaxx to even spawn, so it was surprising.

Now I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Gear my hunter up and use LFR I guess, since my guild is dead. I'm trying to do fireland dailies but that shit is taking FOREVER. I'm only getting like 5 or 6 quests total. I don't know if I'm missing some somewhere or what.

idlewild_

The Rogue Level 90 talents kick ass. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Not sure that I agree.

Shuriken toss:
PVP - maybe useful to interrupt people drinking, but you'll save maybe 1-2 ticks at best. also for those runners with like .5% health...
PVE - they do a fairly good job of making sure there's always something to preoccupy both ranged and melee, can't think of a fight i would prefer this to the other options.

Versatility:
PVP - might be good for swaps, but you're still going to be constrained by other longer cds.
PVE - if i'm switching targets that often, i would probably just be combat for cleaves and/or use tempest. I could see this being ok on a fight like Hagara, but even then I would still take Anticipation.

Anticipation:
PVP - no wasted cp when going for the kill
PVE - no wasted cp when doing normal rotation. all 3 specs have random cp procs, so this would be amazing.

It's kind of an illusion of choice, I'm not sure I would take the other two over anticipation in any fight in PVE. PVP is a little more of a wash imho, but would prob take anticipation again. However, I'm no rogue pvp expert, so there's probably something I'm missing there.

What is the quickest and easiest dragon (or any cool flying mount) mount to get for someone that doesn't have a guild's assistance?

not counting the $25 ones on the Blizzard store ;)

Ultratech

I'm trying to do fireland dailies but that shit is taking FOREVER. I'm only getting like 5 or 6 quests total. I don't know if I'm missing some somewhere or what.

You're probably on the 1st/2nd phase I assume? Once you unlock one of the two groups, you get more daily quests and it starts going quicker. By the time you get to the last phase, it gets much quicker. (Like you start getting around 30 marks a day.)

Bronze Dragon from timed run heroic CoS, or Red Dragon rep grind (alot easier than the netherwing one).

Yeah, Bronze is the easiest to get and is guaranteed if you beat the time limit.

Red you have to be exalted with Wyrmrest and buy it, but getting the rep is stupid easy since you can use JP to buy rep.

What are people up to these days in wow while waiting for MoP? Below is what I've been doing mostly:

• Killing Baradin Foxes for Fox Kit companion (will probably never drop)
  • Checking Shattrath Fishing Daily for Crocs in the City. Still need two of the companions.
  • Killing Anzu for shot at Reigns of the Raven Lord (only at like 50 kills at the moment)
  • Checking Therazane to see if Lost in the Deeps Daily Quest is available. Need 4 more to get Pebbles
  • Running Well of Eternity at least once - Trying to get Foul Gif of the Demon Lord trinket
  • Occasionally doing Molten Front Dailies, but I'm really burned out on them right now.

I can't even imagine spending time doing this grinding in 2012 again; I did that for years, no thanks. I sign in maybe twice a month to see what's happening with the server. The guild is pretty much stagnant raid wise, as everyone is waiting for MoP or just using LFR. Meh.

I'm in the beta but haven't touched it in ages. The panda area is indeed nice but everything else is the same, to the point I might not even buy MoP unless a bunch of friends come back

strafer

http://mop.wowhead.com/item=88801

Can't wait for MoP so I can flip some tables.

I expect something like this with my Paladin.

Uk0VC.gif

You're probably on the 1st/2nd phase I assume? Once you unlock one of the two groups, you get more daily quests and it starts going quicker. By the time you get to the last phase, it gets much quicker. (Like you start getting around 30 marks a day.)

Yeah, Bronze is the easiest to get and is guaranteed if you beat the time limit.

Red you have to be exalted with Wyrmrest and buy it, but getting the rep is stupid easy since you can use JP to buy rep.

Yeah, first phase. I want to unlock the place where Skarr is. It's getting so god damned tedious.

Top Bottom