• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Rokam

Crap, noticed that my CC expired which made my annual sub lapse and they removed D3. Think they'd let you add a CC, resume the subscription and "lock" you in for the remaining time + the time lost and get it back, with a sob story included or am I screwed?

I had it happen to me they said they have a grace period, but this was before D3, call and find out!

Sethos

Banned
Creating a support ticking and crossing fingers.

By the way, anyone know if they ( Nvidia or Blizzard ) fixed the driver crashing with Nvidia under DX11?

Creating a support ticking and crossing fingers.

By the way, anyone know if they ( Nvidia or Blizzard ) fixed the driver crashing with Nvidia under DX11?

They have never fixed DX11 and Eyefinity incompatibility and that has been years, so don't hold your breath!

Ningo

Any1 able to send me a scroll? I will be calling customer support in a couple of hrs to remove the authenticator from my old account so I can resurrect it. PM me, much appreciated.

ampere

Yes, of course. I would like what all rogues have been crying about. Main hand/Off hand should be able to transmog both ways.

People have complained about it, and Blizzard has been vague but said 'rules may be changed in the future'. Same situation with 'weapon enchant transmogging', Blizzard has responded to questions about it, but no real answer as to yes or no.

So probably no for now.

Touch

man I have really been thinking about faction changing or transferring lately. it's just so hard to play this game when you are the 0.01 %. i notice faction changes cost more than transferring that's weird to me.

to any body that has done this what are the negatives? do i lose anything?

ampere

man I have really been thinking about faction changing or transferring lately. it's just so hard to play this game when you are the 0.01 %. i notice faction changes cost more than transferring that's weird to me.

to any body that has done this what are the negatives? do i lose anything?

Faction change, there are some reps that get converted and some quest progress is lost. I think it resets your Argent Tournament progress.

Server transferring, I don't think you lose anything but guild rep.

http://www.wowprogress.com/ Go to realms and select your region if you are thinking about transferring and want to know the populations of other servers.

TheYanger

I'd have a plan for what you're going to do afterwards, otherwise it's kind of just tossing money at something you may regret or not get much mileage out of. IE: do you want to go to a very populated server with lots of pugs? If you faction swap on your own server how is that faction on it? stuff like that.

Touch

I'd have a plan for what you're going to do afterwards, otherwise it's kind of just tossing money at something you may regret or not get much mileage out of. IE: do you want to go to a very populated server with lots of pugs? If you faction swap on your own server how is that faction on it? stuff like that.
I'm on Illidan, born and raised. I really don't want to xfer or faction change, to be honest. It's just got to the point where it's a struggle to play and have fun. Ally auction house is non existent, pretty much no pugs and no guilds running (maybe 1 or 2) but none lately. It's just so hard now, it didn't use to be like this. There is no one anywhere, running into an ally is like having TLPD spawn on you.

A friend of mine, who doesn't play anymore, once called Blizzard to see what they thought of the mess and they said it's the most difficult situation because of it being Illidan.

Right now, I'm riding on players coming to ally side for MOP. But that's a insane mind set because horde will controller all MOP zones entirely. Not to mention Blood Legion and Skill Capped don't make it any easier to get players on the ally side. Those names are just too attracting.

It's just full of fuck really.

/rant

TheYanger

I'm on Illidan, born and raised. I really don't want to xfer or faction change, to be honest. It's just got to the point where it's a struggle to play and have fun. Ally auction house is non existent, pretty much no pugs and no guilds running (maybe 1 or 2) but none lately. It's just so hard now, it didn't use to be like this. There is no one anywhere, running into an ally is like having TLPD spawn on you.

A friend of mine, who doesn't play anymore, once called Blizzard to see what they thought of the mess and they said it's the most difficult situation because of it being Illidan.

Right now, I'm riding on players coming to ally side for MOP. But that's a insane mind set because horde will controller all MOP zones entirely. Not to mention Blood Legion and Skill Capped don't make it any easier to get players on the ally side. Those names are just too attracting.

/rant

Ahh ok, yeah I'm on Mal'ganis, so I know EXACTLY what your server is like. And if you're just looking for activity (which is what it sounds like) then I'd say go to Stormrage as an ally (great server for allies) or just faction swap. If you really hate the idea of faction swapping...:/ idk what to say. Illidan is not likely to change. It's literally game changing and eye opening to be on an active/full server/faction though.

Huh. Didn't realize fire festival was on now (until I saw that SS above). One of my favorite times in the game.

I'm pretty sure it was going on many, many years ago when I first made a trial account and stepped in WoW for the very first time in Teldrassil.

Now my actual paid account came later and was completely different, but I still have these fuzzy nostalgic memories of fooling around with a Night Elf who made it to Darkshore with that epic flight path over the ocean (and a couple of other human characters) probably in the summer of 2007 or 2008 (perhaps as early as 2006, but not before that.)

JORMBO

Darkness no more

/rant

I faction swapped awhile back from alliance on a low pop PVE server to horde on a high pop PVP server (Tichondrius). I like the game a lot better now with lots of people around doing stuff :)

johnsmith

remember me
Damn it. I missed 3 attempts to get the frigid frostling. Good thing I checked this thread. I haven't logged into the game in weeks.

Ultratech

Faction change, there are some reps that get converted and some quest progress is lost. I think it resets your Argent Tournament progress.

Server transferring, I don't think you lose anything but guild rep.

http://www.wowprogress.com/ Go to realms and select your region if you are thinking about transferring and want to know the populations of other servers.

Holy shit, I knew my server was in bad shape, but at the bottom of the damn list? OUCH. (FYI, I'm on Garithos.)

I think if you server transfer, you lose any and all quest progress you currently have. (i.e. It wipes your Quest Log clean.)
I remember that since I had concerns about it prior to my getting Hand of A'dal.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Holy shit, I knew my server was in bad shape, but at the bottom of the damn list? OUCH. (FYI, I'm on Garithos.)

I think if you server transfer, you lose any and all quest progress you currently have. (i.e. It wipes your Quest Log clean.)
I remember that since I had concerns about it prior to my getting Hand of A'dal.

It's faction change that wipes the quests.

Ahh ok, yeah I'm on Mal'ganis, so I know EXACTLY what your server is like. And if you're just looking for activity (which is what it sounds like) then I'd say go to Stormrage as an ally (great server for allies) or just faction swap. If you really hate the idea of faction swapping...:/ idk what to say. Illidan is not likely to change. It's literally game changing and eye opening to be on an active/full server/faction though.

I xfered to Sargeras/Alliance for the very reason of not being able to get any pugs and a dead AH, I love how active the server is now and being able to do pretty much whatever I want, whenever I want. I can really see the downside to this when trying to level in MoP though.

I xfered to Sargeras/Alliance for the very reason of not being able to get any pugs and a dead AH, I love how active the server is now and being able to do pretty much whatever I want, whenever I want. I can really see the downside to this when trying to level in MoP though.

I suppose? Most any (not completely dead) server will always bustle around an expansion launch with all the leveling, so servers that are already heavy pop may seem overloaded.

I don't think that's really an issue though for all the other benefits a heavy pop server/faction brings. The leveling rush is pretty much done by the end of the first month (most dedicated people will have it hammered out by at least the second or third week).

The best thing about the leveling rush is the huge boost to the economy, with a lot of new gold streaming in, a decent amount being sunk (e.g. training), and absolutely massive amounts being traded. The gold rush that comes with expansions lasts closer to 2-3 months at least and getting in on the ground floor with professions (though it may be very expensive initially) can be huge, especially with something like Jewelcrafting where the earlier you start getting tokens the better. Larger serves may be more competitive though if trying to reap a huge profit on professions (big fish, small pond on a smaller server).

Personally, I'm probably willing to spend a decent amount on server transfers and the expansion itself so I can have a more enjoyable experience. With Scroll, that's one free (I can eschew the free 80 - would probably rather have an established character transferred.), and I'd definitely pay for at least one, if not two more in addition to that to move a few of my characters to Mal'Ganis probably, or Area 52 where I have an 84 druid and a 70 warrior sitting already from the GAF guild.

TheYanger

Expansion time on a busy server is nuts. There WILL be queues on the top dozen servers, but only for a few days and it's SO worth it. Questing is almost impossible, but the opportunity to make money is ridiculous as fuck.

lordmrw

Expansion time on a busy server is nuts. There WILL be queues on the top dozen servers, but only for a few days and it's SO worth it. Questing is almost impossible, but the opportunity to make money is ridiculous as fuck.

I'm looking forward to that the most. I'm currently playing on Stormrage right now as my main server is more or less dead until the expansion hits. I"m gonna make a killing using m professions at expansion launch rather than being the one getting raped for materials.

Entropia

No One Remembers
My guild managed to go 7/8 in one night last night (we 2-shot H Spine for our 2nd kill) and got in two H Madness pulls. Tonight that's all we'll be doing for about 3 hours. For those of you that have done it, what's the possibility of us getting it down tonight? We managed to get to the third platform on our first pull.

ampere

My guild managed to go 7/8 in one night last night (we 2-shot H Spine for our 2nd kill) and got in two H Madness pulls. Tonight that's all we'll be doing for about 3 hours. For those of you that have done it, what's the possibility of us getting it down tonight? We managed to get to the third platform on our first pull.

I would say it's possible. I'll post a write up with how we did some of the more difficult things. We killed it on our first night of attempts (4 hours) on the last pull of the night. With the current DS nerfs, the only platform we really struggled with learning the fight was the fourth. When DW's head comes down for phase 2, it's pretty easy as long as you slow bloods and spam AoE on them for Spellweave. We 2 tank, 3 heal it to make it easier since the DS nerfs allow it (and we have some pretty bad players lol).

We do Green, Red, Yellow, Blue and on the fourth platform we put a yellow raid marker (for parasite drop location) against the edge of the platform between the corruption spawn point and the wing/arm thing.

Regarding hemorrhaging bloods, when they spawn whichever tank isn't on the corruption will grab them and hold them to the side, then when the 2nd parasite is dropped into the time swirl, we drag them in and spam AoE for spellweave. Just remember that even classes which normally wouldn't spam an AoE ability probably should because of how powerful spellweave is. I'm a combat rogue but I don't blade flurry for big aoe parts, I just spam FoK. I only blade flurry for blistering tentacles, and terrors on phase 2.

The biggest thing to organize for us was impale soaking.
First platform: our Prot Warrior takes 1st, Blood DK 2nd (both using dream and a minor CD to take it),
Second platform: Blood DK 1st, Prot Warrior 2nd. Both using personal CDs
Third platform: Prot Warrior with a bubble/hand of sacrifice (probably has a personal CD as well) takes the 1st, Blood DK take the 2nd (his own CDs).
Fourth platform: Prot Warrior takes 1st with another bubble/hand of sacrifice (we have a holy pally and a ret pally), I take the second one that lines up with the bolt impact (combat rogue, pop evasion at 10 sec until impale, all melee/tanks run out, cloak the bolt explosion and vanish when impale cast starts), and the Blood DK takes the 3rd with his own CDs (we get 3 since dps is lower without all platform buffs).

On phase 2 with DW's head on the ground, our fire mage hits blast wave as soon as bloods spawn and then I spam FoK on them with crippling poison on my weapon (can also have an assassination rogue with deadly brew talent so they can use a dps poison on their weapon, or chillblains frost dk, frost trap hunter, etc). We kill two sets of tentacles/big adds then pop hero and only pull off the boss if bloods spawn.

edit: just for comparison, it took us 8 or so pulls to get past the 1st platform because our tanks are retarded and kept messing up impales/people standing near the parasite explosion

Entropia

No One Remembers
I would say it's possible. I'll post a write up with how we did some of the more difficult things. We killed it on our first night of attempts (4 hours) on the last pull of the night. With the current DS nerfs, the only platform we really struggled with learning the fight was the fourth. When DW's head comes down for phase 2, it's pretty easy as long as you slow bloods and spam AoE on them for Spellweave. We 2 tank, 3 heal it to make it easier since the DS nerfs allow it (and we have some pretty bad players lol).

We do Green, Red, Yellow, Blue and on the fourth platform we put a yellow raid marker (for parasite drop location) against the edge of the platform between the corruption spawn point and the wing/arm thing.

Regarding hemorrhaging bloods, when they spawn whichever tank isn't on the corruption will grab them and hold them to the side, then when the 2nd parasite is dropped into the time swirl, we drag them in and spam AoE for spellweave. Just remember that even classes which normally wouldn't spam an AoE ability probably should because of how powerful spellweave is. I'm a combat rogue but I don't blade flurry for big aoe parts, I just spam FoK. I only blade flurry for blistering tentacles, and terrors on phase 2.

The biggest thing to organize for us was impale soaking.
First platform: our Prot Warrior takes 1st, Blood DK 2nd (both using dream and a minor CD to take it),
Second platform: Blood DK 1st, Prot Warrior 2nd. Both using personal CDs
Third platform: Prot Warrior with a bubble/hand of sacrifice (probably has a personal CD as well) takes the 1st, Blood DK take the 2nd (his own CDs).
Fourth platform: Prot Warrior takes 1st with another bubble/hand of sacrifice (we have a holy pally and a ret pally), I take the second one that lines up with the bolt impact (combat rogue, pop evasion at 10 sec until impale, all melee/tanks run out, cloak the bolt explosion and vanish when impale cast starts), and the Blood DK takes the 3rd with his own CDs (we get 3 since dps is lower without all platform buffs).

On phase 2 with DW's head on the ground, our fire mage hits blast wave as soon as bloods spawn and then I spam FoK on them with crippling poison on my weapon (can also have an assassination rogue with deadly brew talent so they can use a dps poison on their weapon, or chillblains frost dk, frost trap hunter, etc). We kill two sets of tentacles/big adds then pop hero and only pull off the boss if bloods spawn.

edit: just for comparison, it took us 8 or so pulls to get past the 1st platform because our tanks are retarded and kept messing up impales/people standing near the parasite explosion

Thanks for the info!

We'll see what happens tonight. I imagine we'll have a good pull to start off, then fumble on cds for Impales and such, then get to the 4th platform and screw up on the unimpeded Bolt... and maybe get a couple attempts where we hit phase 2.

I need help with my Shadow Priest spell rotation. I'm constantly running out of mana and my dps sucks. What is a good rotation for level 70?

With mobs, I usually start with Mind Blast on the healer, then throw up SW:pain and then Mind Flay if I aggro, otherwise put SW:pain on everyone and then Mind Flay or Mind Blast until everyone is dead.

With bosses, I start with Mind Blast, then SW:pain, Devouring Plague and Vampiric Touch, then Mind Flay until Mind Blast is off cooldown, and repeat while keeping the 3 DoT debuffs active until the boss is dead.

Anybody?

TheYanger

The 'hardest' part of Madness is making sure to control the last platform, don't just go nuts, it's better to spawn congealing bloods at correct times and to handle them well. If they're snared and AEd properly you'll win. They fixed the broken 5% 'burst' of damage that starts going out too, so compared to watching old videos be prepared for 5% to hurt like crazy (we often have everyone just dream there and tranqs and stuff need to be ready to flow). It didn't used to do anything and they just suddenly 'fixed' it like 2 months ago.

impale strat needs to be solid as noted, that's something a lot of guilds waste a lot of time putzing through by feel. It's easy to get the timings down and you'll waste far less attempts planning it out ahead of time.

You can definitely get it in one night. I think we wiped at like 2% on our 7th pull of the boss ever, and got it dead within another 10 or so. I can't imagine 25% nerf has made it any harder.

I don't play an SP so I can't help specifically, sorry :( I know that many classes feel 'off' at level 70 for sure, you lack a lot of important abilities (and I think you don't even have your mastery?) it's often difficult to get your stats to a level where you'll have the throughput/regen you need too. Even at 85 SP mana was a big issue the first couple weeks while we were gearing up, I feel like it was very gear dependent in that regard.

Are you levelling or is this for a level 70 specific guild doing 70 content? If levelling, just don't sweat it and keep plowing through since you'd be 85 in no time and it won't matter.

I don't play an SP so I can't help specifically, sorry :( I know that many classes feel 'off' at level 70 for sure, you lack a lot of important abilities (and I think you don't even have your mastery?) it's often difficult to get your stats to a level where you'll have the throughput/regen you need too. Even at 85 SP mana was a big issue the first couple weeks while we were gearing up, I feel like it was very gear dependent in that regard.

Are you levelling or is this for a level 70 specific guild doing 70 content? If levelling, just don't sweat it and keep plowing through since you'd be 85 in no time and it won't matter.

This makes a lot of sense, thanks! I'm leveling to 85 so I guess I just need to be patient. I mostly just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something idiotic. And yeah, Mastery comes at 80.

Off-topic: After my priest, I want to transfer my Heirloom gear to a new Warlock character on the other faction. I was hoping to make a Pandaren Warlock but it is not one of the available classes :( I'm guessing that will not change before release, right? I just like to get the most out of my gear and have already leveled a Mage. Warlock is the only other class that would benefit from cloth gear.

You need to be Shadow Word: Deathing on cooldown at that level, especialyl as you should have Masochism.

I do have Masochism, at 2/2. Should I mostly just use that on bosses? And should I wait for them to be at 25% health or lower, or can should I just constantly keep it going every time it's available?

ampere

I do have Masochism, at 2/2. Should I mostly just use that on bosses? And should I wait for them to be at 25% health or lower, or can should I just constantly keep it going every time it's available?

You can use it when enemies have more than 25% as often as you need to get mana back. Just be careful you don't kill yourself with it, you can always throw up PW:Shield as well.

Leveling as Shadow kind of sucks IMO, because of mana problems. It gets much better at higher levels from what I hear. I just stuck with discipline for the most part.

For your other question, it is highly highly unlikely that Pandaren will be warlocks. If you want a warlock def look into another race.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
As someone who came back after quitting WoW during BC and is leveling a priest. Yes, shadow priest blows until you get 2/2 masochism and glyph of spirit tap.

I am 71 now and i never get under 80% mana just chain killing stuff and never have a problem on bosses when i do dps. I only use disc for healing in instances now.

Like someone said earlier, shadow word death to get mana back if you need it, even if the target is not at 25% or lower. But i found most stuff dies too fast anyway to run out of mana haha.

With bosses, I start with Mind Blast, then SW:pain, Devouring Plague and Vampiric Touch, then Mind Flay until Mind Blast is off cooldown, and repeat while keeping the 3 DoT debuffs active until the boss is dead.

SW:p will get refreshed by mind flay, if you get the talent, which you should. So you just have to refresh VT and DP yourself.

Naka

Looks like Blizzard listened to feedback on the account wide mount subject and everything but Class specific and PvP rewards are account wide.

We have been discussing this issue the last couple of days and we made the call to make the following mounts account-wide:

Traveler's Tundra Mammoth
Grand Expedition Yak
Mechano-Hog
Mekgineer's Chopper
Sandstone Drake
Grand Ice Mammoth
Ice Mammoth
Jeweled Onyx Panther (all color variants)
Cloud Serpents (all color variants)

At this point, the only mounts that are not account-wide are either class specific or rewarded from PVP. We feel like both these types of mounts should still be character specific.

Thanks for your feedback on this issue!
Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5633973536?page=15#300

Coolwhip

Banned
Does anyone of you sometimes look around you in Stormwind and long back to the days when there were people everywhere. And you knew loads of the people on your realm and you did dungeons runs, world pvp, just standing around in the evenings chatting with them? I'm talking mainly about vanilla and TBC now. I really miss those days.

Looks like Blizzard listened to feedback on the account wide mount subject and everything but Class specific and PvP rewards are account wide.

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5633973536?page=15#300

Well that's fun.

I'll definitely have to grab some of those expensive mounts now as it'll be more worth the investment. At least a Mechano-Hog as they're fairly cheap (I still had the Titansteel saved up in my bank way back from Wrath.) Will be fun to have one of those in low-level BGs and the like.

And if anything, this also makes the vendor mounts more worth it, as they're most useful while leveling.

Top Bottom