• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Entropia

No One Remembers
The 'hardest' part of Madness is making sure to control the last platform, don't just go nuts, it's better to spawn congealing bloods at correct times and to handle them well. If they're snared and AEd properly you'll win. They fixed the broken 5% 'burst' of damage that starts going out too, so compared to watching old videos be prepared for 5% to hurt like crazy (we often have everyone just dream there and tranqs and stuff need to be ready to flow). It didn't used to do anything and they just suddenly 'fixed' it like 2 months ago.

impale strat needs to be solid as noted, that's something a lot of guilds waste a lot of time putzing through by feel. It's easy to get the timings down and you'll waste far less attempts planning it out ahead of time.

You can definitely get it in one night. I think we wiped at like 2% on our 7th pull of the boss ever, and got it dead within another 10 or so. I can't imagine 25% nerf has made it any harder.

Yeah we just hit phase 2. We lined the congealing blood spawn up nicely but uh, they move a lot faster than I thought they would. I think all of em hit haha

Entropia

No One Remembers
What is your raid comp? What did you use to slow them?

Tanks:
DK
Warrior

Healers:
Disc Priest
Pally
Shaman

DPS:
Lock (unsure which spec he was)
Ret Pally
Surv Hunter
Ele Shaman (me)
Frost DK

We didn't anticipate how fast the bloods would move. I put down Earthbind and our hunter put down a trap but that didn't work. Our DK went to spec Chillblains after that attempt but unfortunately we never got that far again and then our Frost DK had to go.

ampere

Tanks:
DK
Warrior

Healers:
Disc Priest
Pally
Shaman

DPS:
Lock (unsure which spec he was)
Ret Pally
Surv Hunter
Ele Shaman (me)
Frost DK

We didn't anticipate how fast the bloods would move. I put down Earthbind and our hunter put down a trap but that didn't work. Our DK went to spec Chillblains after that attempt but unfortunately we never got that far again and then our Frost DK had to go.

Hm, I guess if they moved past the totem before a pulse it wouldn't work, that stinks. Chillblains should work really well, especially if the DK has a lot of frost/death runes before they spawn and spams howling blast. Tell your warlock to check out the shadowflame glyph http://www.wowhead.com/spell=63310 , they could hit that as soon as blood spawn as well.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Hm, I guess if they moved past the totem before a pulse it wouldn't work, that stinks. Chillblains should work really well, especially if the DK has a lot of frost/death runes before they spawn and spams howling blast. Tell your warlock to check out the shadowflame glyph http://www.wowhead.com/spell=63310 , they could hit that as soon as blood spawn as well.

Hmm, yeah I'll have to ask our Lock about that Glyph, I'm not sure if he used that or not.

TheYanger

Chillblains is good, but the hunter trap really needs to be fast too. Any snare over 50% is definitely better than CB, and it neuters your DKs dps on everything else since to snare everything you basically need all 4 HB runes. That said, I'm sure on 10 man they're a bit easier to AE. make sure to abuse spellweave. If your priest can spare some time to get mana, Mind sear even from a healer is ABSURDLY good at Congealing Blood damage. They will beat all of your dps, it's insane.

Westlo

I'm kinda amazed when I logged in for the first time since Feb 2011 that the talents on my characters haven't been reset... first time ever on a return to game during the same expansion... thankfully I wasn't hacked and my shitty 20k spread across my characters was intact. Transferred my Proudmoore Alliance 82 mage to join my 72 Horde warrior on blackrock. I swear faction change used to include a transfer as well... fucking blizzard.

Mage is 525 Alch, 497 enchant. Warrior 425 JC and Alch, time to shuffle... but fuck I don't even remember what sold well back than... Truegold is like 300g now and was 1000+ back when I played... at least my Mage is now on the same server as my JC... all that shit I mailed too two alts to DE one day....

Also are blizzard going to let people race change to Pandas, day 1? I realize it makes the most business sense... but just doesn't feel right.. at least with a new class you'll be able to make a killing on people power leveling professions. Hmm I think I'm more interested in the money making side of things than anything else atm lol... if I was to make a new toon to see what Blizzard spent most of their time on with Cata (1-60) I guess Inscription and Herbs is a no brainer.

Anyway is maintenance still the same as it used to be? Every week or did they finally reduce it?

Rokam

Also are blizzard going to let people race change to Pandas, day 1? I realize it makes the most business sense... but just doesn't feel right.. at least with a new class you'll be able to make a killing on people power leveling professions. Hmm I think I'm more interested in the money making side of things than anything else atm lol... if I was to make a new toon to see what Blizzard spent most of their time on with Cata (1-60) I guess Inscription and Herbs is a no brainer.

Anyway is maintenance still the same as it used to be? Every week or did they finally reduce it?

They let Worgen and Goblin race change day 1, probably won't be any different. As for maintenance it still happens on tuesdays occasionally normally just restarts.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Westlo, truegold is just a waste of time at this point. I've been buying ore (usually obsidian) and just making the red gems into inferno rubies, and the rest into DE rings/necks. All the Zephyrite i just cut and vendor.

Maybe its different on your server, but I make a good chunk of change this way. It also doesn't hurt to have an army of Transmute alchemists who can turn life into air :D

What are the best ways to make money in my situation?

Between my characters, I have maxed Mining, Herbalism, Skinning and Tailoring. I know it's probably dependent on my server but what usually yields the best profit?

Benutzer

hey could someone help me start a personal guild? on Stormscale (EU) i still need 3 sigs...

edit: done :) got all my sigs

edit: for how much sell embersilk bags on your server Touch?

Touch

Between my characters, I have maxed Mining, Herbalism, Skinning and Tailoring. I know it's probably dependent on my server but what usually yields the best profit?
Sell bags. Embersilk bags still sell for a shit ton on a lot of servers.

johnsmith

remember me

I like farming the ghosts in tol barad (where you do the magnet quest) for cloth (tailors get bonus drops) with a potion of treasure finding. I can make up to 2k gold an hour, depending on AH prices.

Touch

edit: for how much sell embersilk bags on your server Touch?
It depends how many people are selling. Most of the time they are 1k+. Other times people try to undercut with around 800g. Hell, embersilk isn't cheap either it sells for over a 100g a stack most of the time. This is all of ALLY Illidan btw, horde side everything is cheap as dirt.

So there's this MoP beta key contest by Wowhead: http://www.wowhead.com/contest=midsummer-mists-of-pandaria-beta-key-giveaway#product-information

Is it sad that I knew what all the clues were referring to almost immediately?

If I couldn't give you the exact name, I at least know what I'm looking for (related item or something that would lead me there in a link or two).

This image is also pretty great:

Beta_Key_Contest.png

TheYanger

So there's this MoP beta key contest by Wowhead: http://www.wowhead.com/contest=midsummer-mists-of-pandaria-beta-key-giveaway#product-information

Is it sad that I knew what all the clues were referring to almost immediately?

If I couldn't give you the exact name, I at least know what I'm looking for (related item or something that would lead me there in a link or two).

This image is also pretty great:

Not sad, I hadn't checked the contest since I have beta, but those are pretty easy compared to what wowhead usually does! =O

GW2 on August 28th, guess we have a window for MoP to launch now; I imagine we'll be hearing the launch date soon-ish.

September? Take the thunder away at around that one month mark when people have decided if they're going to stick with it or not (even though GW2 doesn't have sub fee.)

August is the absolute earliest MoP could release, as we'd already have a date/beta would be more complete if it was releasing in July.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Do you guys think Blizzard will ever implement cross-realm Heirlooms?

I'd like to make my next alt on a more populated server...

Eventually, sure. They say that there are technical limitations to the mail servers or some such non-sense.

Don't see why you can't just purchase an heirloom and then when you make a new character it gets mailed to the new character like all the pets/mounts currently do.

Eventually, sure. They say that there are technical limitations to the mail servers or some such non-sense.

Don't see why you can't just purchase an heirloom and then when you make a new character it gets mailed to the new character like all the pets/mounts currently do.

They are probably just fine with letting people pay for a realm transfer for the time being.

Another question - still working on my SW rep. Are there any dungeons that award SW rep for the quests or for killing the monsters inside? I already checked the Stockades and it surprisingly does not give any SW rep.

They are probably just fine with letting people pay for a realm transfer for the time being.

Another question - still working on my SW rep. Are there any dungeons that award SW rep for the quests or for killing the monsters inside? I already checked the Stockades and it surprisingly does not give any SW rep.

I don't think so, at least not by default. Wearing the tabard though, obviously you get rep for killing the monsters then.

Tamanon

Banned

Buy the Stormwind tabard from the guy near the griffins. Even over leveled you will get rep from stockades or any dungeon.

Already wearing the tabard, just wanted to make sure there wasn't something that could give me even more rep! It's a shame they took away the cloth quartermasters.

Do you guys think Blizzard will ever implement cross-realm Heirlooms?

I'd like to make my next alt on a more populated server...
It's something I wish they would have put into this expansion. I've got heirlooms spread across multiple servers and I would love to have them on every single server I'm on.

how many people do u need to clear naxx 25? Looking to get the 2h sword for xmog

You probably wouldn't need more than 10 and could likely get away with less. I wouldn't go lower than 6 though.

I'm not sure if you'd still need two priests for Instructor though, which might pose a problem.

scoobs

You probably wouldn't need more than 10 and could likely get away with less. I wouldn't go lower than 6 though.

I'm not sure if you'd still need two priests for Instructor though, which might pose a problem.

Hmmm maybe I'll wait til 90 so i can clear it with 3 people lol

Just out of curiosity, what is everyone using for transmog on their weapons right now? I am rocking the Untamed Blade at the moment.

11400.jpg

Hmmm maybe I'll wait til 90 so i can clear it with 3 people lol

Note that I haven't played in awhile, so I don't know the number you'd actually end up needing, I'm just making an educated guess based off expected power levels and mechanics of the raid. I remember doing it with something like 16-17 people late in Wrath, so you'll certainly get by with less now. Now you almost certainly would still need two tanks (at least for ease of clearing), a handful of DPS (2-3 minimum to clear at a decent rate), and I wouldn't do less than a pair of healers. Total that adds up to 6-7 minimum. Sure you might be able to get by with less in the future, but it would still be significantly easier at that 6-7 mark.

Clipse

how many people do u need to clear naxx 25? Looking to get the 2h sword for xmog
Used to clear everything with 4 people (Rogue, DK, Priest & Hunter) when I was farming my xmog sets. Sometimes added a 5th (Pally) for KT just to make it easier on ourselves.

I'm having some really rough performance issues on the beta. Everytime I go outside the framerate drops to around 20 fps and when I start running it gets really choppy, even if noone is around. At major choke points, I get around 5 fps.

I upgraded some of my computer when my last motherboard broke, it's now a quad-core 3.6 GHz with 8 GB RAM. I think the major bottleneck is the graphics card, a 9800 GTX+ from 2008, but Windows claims my harddrive is the weakest point, it's from the original computer setup, a HP desktop from 2007, some Hitachi 500 GB drive. I use an external WD drive for all my media so mostly just Windows and WoW on the main drive.

For a budget of around $200, what's a good way to increase performance? Hopefully one without having to replace the 550W power supply.

I'm having some really rough performance issues on the beta. Everytime I go outside the framerate drops to around 20 fps and when I start running it gets really choppy, even if noone is around. At major choke points, I get around 5 fps.

I upgraded some of my computer when my last motherboard broke, it's now a quad-core 3.6 GHz with 8 GB RAM. I think the major bottleneck is the graphics card, a 9800 GTX+ from 2008, but Windows claims my harddrive is the weakest point, it's from the original computer setup, a HP desktop from 2007, some Hitachi 500 GB drive. I use an external WD drive for all my media so mostly just Windows and WoW on the main drive.

For a budget of around $200, what's a good way to increase performance? Hopefully one without having to replace the 550W power supply.

Graphics card easily. Though you could also get a smaller SSD to use as a boot drive (and to put your most used applications/games one) and that would help as well.

For specific recommendations, check out the "I need a new PC" thread. Guys in there are super helpful.

qwerty2k

Soooo tempted to sign back up to WoW despite the fact i really don't have time, only ever got to level 45ish i think with my paladin so have a stupid amount of content there if i want it....talk me out of it GAF!

scoobs

Soooo tempted to sign back up to WoW despite the fact i really don't have time, only ever got to level 45ish i think with my paladin so have a stupid amount of content there if i want it....talk me out of it GAF!

hate to do this to you but... the new leveling content from 1-60 is exceptionally good. You should renew. There has never been a game I have come back to as much as this one, its just always there for you when you've got nothing else to play lol

If you want a Scroll of Resurrection, pm me your battle.net email address :)

ampere

You can solo tank Instructor and all his buddies on 25 with a decently geared blood dk, probably other tanks too.

You can probably do almost the whole instance with a tank, healer and 1 dps. Gluth could pose problems if you don't have a kiter and low dps. Patchwerk's hatefuls hit melee dps really hard so it's better to not have any melee in there if you have only one tank, but the tank can take melee and hatefuls just fine. More dps helps to make it go faster though.

Top Bottom