• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Ultratech

Just now getting into transmogrification...this is a total game-changer. It is opening up parts of the game I wouldn't normally venture into, like PvP and raiding.

Couple things - Honor points. What is the fastest and most efficient way to earn them? I almost never do PvP because I die so often (no resilience), but I do have some experience with Alterac Valley. Would I be wasting my time running that over and over? i.e. is one BG better than another when it comes to HP?

Solo raiding - never tried it but a lot of the gear I want for tmog are raid boss drops. I've been reading that you can enter raids with only 2 party members as long as they are both over level 10. Is that true?

For Honor, AV and stuff like winning Tol Borad (with the Win TB quest) will get ya quite a bit of Honor. I know if you win TB with that right quest, that's at least 600+ Honor right there. Wintergrasp gives decent Honor as well if you win. You can also convert JP to Honor. I'm sure there's also other ways, but that's the ones I normally do off the top of my head.

As for raiding, you need another person to form a raid with the exception of MC and BWL, if you're attuned (since you just warp into the instances in those cases).

I would put Blood DK in first place for soloing by far. Hunters are also really good at it with pet tanking. Mionelol soloed Atramedes on her Hunter and has done large number of other solos on Blood DK.

There was also a 10 Blood DK heroic Rag kill recently, not a solo but still funny how much self healing that spec can do that 10 of them didn't need a healer.

Yup, Blood DKs and Hunters (Marks mostly due to self-healing via Chimera Shot, Readiness goodness, and high damage) both are pretty much up there in terms of soloing a ton of stuff. And Turtle/Beetle tanks can be pretty damn durable, given how Shell Shield is a flat 50% damage reduction from attacks.

I love that they removed the raid req for old raids in mop.

makes soloing easier.

Really? That's pretty awesome.

So it's just the rod change for enchanting, correct?

Doesn't affect me really, but it's a buff to the profession.

Keeping rods would help those who had already leveled the profession I suppose, in that it would be a minor deterrent for new people learning it (and there's already a problem with over-saturation and people offering services for free or cheap in trade). However I don't think the impact will end up being that large.

I can't tell you how many times I've been essentially ripped off by someone where I did a high-end (rare recipe, multiple crystals, etc.) enchant and they tipped me something like 5g. You should at least be tipping 50g or so in that scenario, even if you're bringing the mats yourself. It's not free to acquire those enchants. Cheap people like that are at least a large part of why enchants on the AH get marked up quite a bit. You have to make up the cost of acquiring those rare enchants somewhere.

Fjordson

Definitely like that change for enchanting.

Also, in news regarding my priest, I was so damn close to the wrecking ball achievement this morning. 19-0 before two rogues destroyed me =[

Definitely like that change for enchanting.

Also, in news regarding my priest, I was so damn close to the wrecking ball achievement this morning. 19-0 before two rogues destroyed me =[

I remember getting Wrecking Ball on my rogue. I was at 19-0 and probably about 1 minute left in Arathi. Thankfully, all my CDs were up so I popped everything against a group of about 4-5. I was damn lucky the person I targetted had shit resil because I died about 2 seconds after getting the achievement.

I feel that being a rogue makes that achieve much, much easier to get.

I remember getting Wrecking Ball on my rogue. I was at 19-0 and probably about 1 minute left in Arathi. Thankfully, all my CDs were up so I popped everything against a group of about 4-5. I was damn lucky the person I targetted had shit resil because I died about 2 seconds after getting the achievement.

I feel that being a rogue makes that achieve much, much easier to get.

Or a ranged class in one of those slow "pushing the front" AVs where you're all bunched up together pushing against the opposing team. You can pick off people in relative safety.

I don't have that achieve on any on my characters, though I've been close. It's a lot harder to do as melee at level cap.

XenodudeX

I wouldn't worry, they want people to play the shiny new class, it won't be under-powered on live
I hope so. I definitely want to play the shiny new class as my new main, but what I have been hearing about DPS and Healing monks doesn't sound encouraging.

Tamanon

Banned
I don't expect them to kick as much ass out the gate as Death Knights, but they'll still be overpowered, especially with the first set of raids I'm guessing.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Got Heroic Madness tonight, it took us 2 pulls. lol

hgZq0.jpg

So pretty.

Touch

It's been so long since I leveled a toon. My Lock is now 30 should I keep doing lfd or what? What's the best way to level from here? All my friends say I'm going to give up son lol.

I'm just happy to be able to use Murky and Lurky for something more interesting than just tagging along.

Fairly pissed that Argent Dawn don't "exist" anymore so I can't get their old tabard. Argent Crusade's sucks.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Does there happen to be a child pet in this game? As a YT comment says on that vid, it'd be funny to see a cat beat up a kid.

Eh... where is that gif of the young kid hitting a cat right before it jumps at him? Just add the WoW HUD in there and its perfect. :p

Kenai

Does there happen to be a child pet in this game? As a YT comment says on that vid, it'd be funny to see a cat beat up a kid.

There's a few, but a blue post already said that "humanoid children" would not be eligible for pet battling. I know that means no Argent Squire/Gruntling, not sure about the Curious Wolvar/Oracle.

I'll probably be doing this pet battling more than I will be raiding if things don't start looking up for my Resto Shaman, haha. I wouldn't mind though, it's fun, and I love collecting pets. I have most of the non-expensive/Pet Store ones.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Small update about the impending 5.0.3 PTR session:

Cool. I touched base with our team about the PTR and Padim told me that this is planned but no official date confirmed. But a lot of the backwork was done to make it ready to go by simply pressing a button (figuratively speaking). So it could go at any time :)
Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6146724777

Well, push the button then.

Edit: The US PTR forums are now up (the EU forums are always up), should mean that the servers will be activated very soon: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1181024/

There's a few, but a blue post already said that "humanoid children" would not be eligible for pet battling. I know that means no Argent Squire/Gruntling, not sure about the Curious Wolvar/Oracle.

I'll probably be doing this pet battling more than I will be raiding if things don't start looking up for my Resto Shaman, haha. I wouldn't mind though, it's fun, and I love collecting pets. I have most of the non-expensive/Pet Store ones.

Interesting. Do we know of any other pets that aren't eligible for pet battles? For example, pets like the Elementium Geode would be kind of weird to see fighting...

Interesting. Do we know of any other pets that aren't eligible for pet battles? For example, pets like the Elementium Geode would be kind of weird to see fighting...

The balloons and kites are no game as well. I have fought the elementium geode though. *chuckles*

I'm just happy to be able to use Murky and Lurky for something more interesting than just tagging along.

Oh man! You have Lurky? Lucky!!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'll probably stick to my Mini-Thor for those pet battles. That or maybe Lil Ragnaros.

Yet they'll probably get beaten by squirrels and rabbits.

Entropia

No One Remembers
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...-notes/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

General

Account-wide Achievements, pets, and mounts
In Patch 5.0.4 and beyond, the majority of your character's Achievements, pets, and mounts will be shared with your other characters. Please read: Bringing Achievements to the Account Level, by Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street

World Event: Attack on Theramore Isle
Warchief Garrosh, obsessed with assuring the Horde’s supremacy over Kalimdor, launches an all-out attack against Jaina's island home of Theramore. Though valiant Alliance defenders rush to repel the sudden onslaught, they’ll soon find themselves unprepared for the terrible scope of Garrosh's true plans…
In the Public Test Realm, we will be testing this event at specified intervals. Keep an eye on our PTR Feedback forum for more details as they become available.

AOE Looting
Area of effect looting comes to World of Warcraft with this patch. After killing a group of enemies in close proximity, when you loot one of their corpses, the loot window will include items from all of the nearby corpses for which you have loot rights.

BattleTag support in World of Warcraft
Players who have enabled their BattleTag will now be able to:
See BattleTag friends in your friends list.
Add and remove BattleTag friends.
Send BattleTag invites to other players via right-click.

Classes: General

All classes have been updated with a new talent system, improved abilities, and spells (accessible throughout levels 1-85). Your character's talents have been reset.
Many old talents have been converted to specialization abilities.
Druids now have access to a fourth class specialization: Guardian.
New spells are now learned automatically. Class trainers are only needed to change talents, glyphs, class specialization, or to utilize the dual specialization feature.
All characters now take 30% less damage from other players.

Currency Conversion

Coming soon.

Items

Spell Penetration has been replaced by PvP Power on existing items.
Head enchants removed
Enchants that modify the gear in your head slot have been removed from the game. This includes older head enchants of every type.
Relics, ranged, and thrown items
The slot in which ranged, relics, and thrown items were previously equipped has been removed. All weapons should now be equipped in the weapon slot.
Ranged weapons, including wands, have been adjusted to be more powerful.
Ranged weapons no longer have a minimum range.

Professions

The glyph system has been updated. Many class glyphs have been added, altered, or moved to different glyph types.
Prime glyphs have been removed.

User Interface

There is a new user interface for your mounts and pets.
Character creation screens have been updated.
Buffs have been consolidated in the UI.
New roll results frame added. This new feature can be accessed by clicking the word "[Loot]" in chat, or by typing "/loot".
The PvE queue frames have been unified. You can now queue for dungeons, raids, and other queue-able content in one handy place.
Vendors now offer item filtering.
Spellbooks have been updated to reflect changes to core abilities, and now include a brief overview of specializations.
The Dungeon Journal has been expanded with information on all pre-Cataclysm encounters.
A new help system has been added to many frames. You can toggle this on and off by clicking the "i" button in the upper left corner of the frame.

RIP Helm enchants and relics.

All hail the glorious account-wide achievements and mounts, and AoE Looting!

Can't wait to get on here and test out the new UI/Talents.

Enosh

I think I'll wait with leveling my paladin until this goes live
hate flying back for 15mins every 2 levels -.- (or 4 or 6 if the spells aren't that important)

Top Bottom