• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Has there been any updates on the new vanilla character models, or is that still "We're looking at it, lot of work la la" ? They are so hard on the eyes and you really cringe when you see the new models in comparison.

I think they once said they could have released a new dwarf model for launch, but that they would rather wait until they're all ready before they do that.

Draxal

I was until my minithor lost to a chicken (my paladin had pet battles trained when they mistakenly allowed the pet trainer that one patch a couple months ago).

Sethos

Banned
Okay, guild lottery won me one epic gem cut of my choice - Which one should I pick, which sells for most :p ? ( Plus minus server AH inflation )

EDIT: Okay went with a Bold Queen's Garnet, goes for 1750G

Tamanon

Banned
Pet Battles isn't working for me yet, it goes to the battle screen when my Creepy Crate fights a Squirrel, but then no options are lit up so I have to forfeit.:/

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Pet Battles isn't working for me yet, it goes to the battle screen when my Creepy Crate fights a Squirrel, but then no options are lit up so I have to forfeit.:/
I thought the beta servers were offline, perhaps only the PTR servers then? Anyway, I've seen numerous reports of problems with pet battles lately. You don't have the issue when they "faint" immediately as they enter the battlefield?

rukland

Rösti;39864852 said:
I thought the beta servers were offline, perhaps only the PTR servers then? Anyway, I've seen numerous reports of problems with pet battles lately. You don't have the issue when they "faint" immediately as they enter the battlefield?

That was the issue I was getting when I tried, and since sadly this is one of the main things I want from MoP it not working is leading to me to playing the beta at all.

In the middle of moving so I can't spend time with the pet battles yet. Saw people complaining that people were fleeing a lot instead of taking the loss though. :/ I took a moment to summon that Crimson Pandarian Phoenix though. That thing is beautiful. I'm gonna be a sad cow starting Mists without it if it goes back to being an achievement reward (which it likely will I'd imagine).

People were having problems with their pets dying right as the fight started. Seems like they're having lots of issues with it.

Tamanon

Banned
Ya know, replaying the Silverpine and Hillsbrad quests, the Forsaken/Horde seem to be more heroic than the Alliance. It's strange, but pretty dang cool.

Okay... so I completed the quest line up to the one trainer that seems to be bugged because I beat her and I didn't receive credit (the one in Stonetalon). So far not too shabby for pet battles. Love scoping them out when I'm flying and swooping in. If you're Horde, don't look for level one critters in Durotar. Next to impossible with the amount of people versus the spawn rate. I went to Brill and leveled there. The Lost of Lordaeron work out really well for helping to level your second and third pet because you can pull the weaker one out when the Lost is defeated and comes back to one hit point.

Also, I think in the two hours I played, I went to a stable master more times than I have ever done so in my WoW "career". They said that the full heals after battle was a glitch but I wish they kept it. When you're out in the wilderness and grinding levels, I already find it obnoxious to go back and heal everyone completely just to go back out and battle more. It feels a lot like something they'll change a couple of months after Mists if they don't do it during beta.

I can see maybe if your little dudes are K.O.'d but just for health... no way. Even then, I think I'd start it out by making it so that your guys stay KO'd and you have the choice to 1) heal up back for free at a stable master or 2) let the player be able to have some smelling salts or something that they can buy. Otherwise, health regens if you keep them alive.

I'm glad that so far they seem to have taken out the achievements for maxing out X number of pets (or at least I thought they did). I was thinking about that while leveling mine and realizing that come the final build, I'm not going to want to go through level one with 400 critters. Hell, I think I'm gonna be lucky if I have ten maxed out. :\

Anyways... yeah. I dig it so far - minus the normal beta bugs and the feedback listed above. I only experienced one pet battle that started in death and it was on a rare critter (go figure). Now if I can only stop Brann Bronzebeard from flooding my inbox with tabards... asshole has send me 30 of them so far.

mileS

Ya know, replaying the Silverpine and Hillsbrad quests, the Forsaken/Horde seem to be more heroic than the Alliance. It's strange, but pretty dang cool.

a lot of people talk about how good that quest line is. I really need to get around to checking it out.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Joined a new guild earlier this week. They're a 8/8h guild who went 25-man the week that I joined. It's awesome to be back in a guild where people actually show up and you don't have to cancel a raid night all the time since only 7 people are online.

Feels good, man.

Fjordson

is anyone legitimately interested/excited for pet battles?
Mildy interested. MoP as a whole, though? I'm stoked as hell.

Also, I'm so addicted to my priest right now. Bouncing back and forth between battlegrounds and instances makes leveling so fun.

Sethos

Banned
Probably one of my least anticipated expansions.

This isn't Panda hate, I just don't like the additions, the gear styles and the overall vibe is just a bit too 'happy' for me. Getting it anyway of course :p

Ugh. So I thought the dark whelpling was going to be the easiest of the 4 whelplings to farm, but so far it's been the worst. Up to 4000 ebon whelp kills so far and nothing. A few blues, but that hardly makes up for it. FUUUUUUUUUUUUU lol I've killed so many that i'm invested now and refuse to cave in and just buy one.

I've been keeping track of the AH and there hasn't been an azure or crimson whelpling on it for a month or longer. I'd like to get the dark one to drop and then just buy the other two since I was lucky enough to get the tiny emerald whelpling in a reasonable amount of time.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Ugh. So I thought the dark whelpling was going to be the easiest of the 4 whelplings to farm, but so far it's been the worst. Up to 4000 ebon whelp kills so far and nothing. A few blues, but that hardly makes up for it. FUUUUUUUUUUUUU lol I've killed so many that i'm invested now and refuse to cave in and just buy one.

I've been keeping track of the AH and there hasn't been an azure or crimson whelpling on it for a month or longer. I'd like to get the dark one to drop and then just buy the other two since I was lucky enough to get the tiny emerald whelpling in a reasonable amount of time.

I'm missing most of those whelpings and was thinking to farm them to get closer to 150 companions(im at 136 now), but thanks for stopping me from doing that.

Ultratech

I'm missing most of those whelpings and was thinking to farm them to get closer to 150 companions(im at 136 now), but thanks for stopping me from doing that.

I hear they're pretty ridiculous to farm for. They have like a 1/1000 chance of dropping off their respective mobs.
So you could end up killing hundreds or even thousands before one decides to drop. :(

At least you can sorta farm for the Crimson and Dark ones in the same area, since Crimson's a zone drop from Wetlands and the Dark ones can drop off Ebon Whelps also in Wetlands.

ampere

I leveled an Undead Priest to 30 last year and I agree. The story and quest progression is very well done in that area.

Well to be fair, I got the tiny emerald whelpling to drop in less than 1000 kills. And then I randomly got the fox kit to drop right after starting the dark whelpling grind. But I've been killing foxes in TB on a regular basis for a while. I always wonder if drops aren't really as random as people think. I suspect that there are modifiers in whatever algorithms Blizzard uses for their drop rates, which increase/decrease your chances of getting things to drop based on in-game activity and time spent playing. I got two fairly rare things to drop in two days. Makes me think that some modifier is saying whoa slow down there dude. And if you look at the amount time it took me to get 4000 kills (just over 8 hours game time), it's probably not quite as bad as it sounds.
I hear they're pretty ridiculous to farm for. They have like a 1/1000 chance of dropping off their respective mobs.
So you could end up killing hundreds or even thousands before one decides to drop. :(

At least you can sorta farm for the Crimson and Dark ones in the same area, since Crimson's a zone drop from Wetlands and the Dark ones can drop off Ebon Whelps also in Wetlands.
That's where I've been farming and for the same reason (chance at the crimson and dark whelpling both droppling). The drop rate for the dark whelpling, according to wowhead, is twice as good in Dustwallow Marsh as it is in the wetlands, but the whelps you need to kill are all spread out and mixed in with other mobs. So I figured it would take just as much time trying to find the whelps to kill as it would to just stay in the wetlands where they are more conveniently grouped.

Touch

So my faction change turned into a realm xfer to Emerald Dream. It's pretty different than what I'm use to but I'm liking it so far. Anyone else on GAF on ED?

So after coming up with my little theory on drop modifiers and stuff, I go do Magister's Terrace and the mount drops. lol
white_hawstider.png

So my faction change turned into a realm xfer to Emerald
Dream. It's pretty different than what I'm use to but I'm liking it so far. Anyone else on GAF on ED?
I would love to transfer to a high population server, but i'm not willing to pay for it. For now I'm stuck on Thunderlord.

scoobs

Ive been doing the wrath achieves for the red drake and good god the violet hold is a bunch bull shit. I haven't gotten the one boss I need in 7 days. What are the freaking odds.

I did get the spectral horse from TB today. 104 mounts!

Inversive

Nearly got a character to 85 on a fresh account (god bless RAF exp bonus), i haven't played since the start of Cata and i'm wondering what is the best/fastest/easiest way to gear up these days? The LFR tool seems interesting, is it just the last raid that is available using it, and do the raids often end in disaster?

Touch

I would love to transfer to a high population server, but i'm not willing to pay for it. For now I'm stuck on Thunderlord.
Call Blizzard and bitch to them. Both of my friends got free transfers to Emerald Dream this way. Just say you want to play with your friends or whatever. IT really amazing what you can get for free just by calling them and asking.

Also, I'm too sure how long I'm going to be on Emerald Dream. It's a cool server with lots of World PvP but I'm not sure how long my friends are actually going to play this game. If they quit again I'm most likely going to Tich or KT.

Entropia

No One Remembers
can you make lvl 90 premade toons on the beta yet?

Nope, they said they don't want to do them.

(Knowing Blizzard that will change in like 2 weeks!)

My guild finally killed H Madness last Monday night, I was away on vacation so that kinda sucked not being in on the first kill :( This will be my first content-ending heroic boss kill too! (I know, nerfs, etc but I'm still excited!).

Hopefully we can do it tomorrow night again, last week our Lock came on his Legendary, BIS Rogue to do FOK lol

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Man, it's way too hard to find a weekly group of people who do Heroic Rag for the mount. Well, it's pretty hard to get into those groups. Even as a Firelord. >:

At this rate the new patch is going to hit and I won't have that goddamn mount.

Nearly got a character to 85 on a fresh account (god bless RAF exp bonus), i haven't played since the start of Cata and i'm wondering what is the best/fastest/easiest way to gear up these days? The LFR tool seems interesting, is it just the last raid that is available using it, and do the raids often end in disaster?
What is your i-level at? To use LFR, you need to be i-level 371 i believe. It's hit and miss with how good the groups are. Usually, as long as the run is going well, you can get completely carried. If there are a lot of wipes, people will start checking damage meters and then try to kick you. But it doesn't really matter since you can requeue and get loot off of any bosses that haven't been killed for the week.

If you aren't 371 yet, the Hour of Twilight heroics will gear you up stupidly fast. They require i-level 353 i think. Several quests for each of the 3 instances that will reward you for getting through the instances. All HoT Heroics give 378 level gear. If you aren't 353, hit the AH and grab a bunch of blue pvp or craftable gear. People may frown on you for loading on pvp gear, but as long as you are competent, you'll get rid of the gear pretty quickly. And then there is also the badge gear.
Call Blizzard and bitch to them. Both of my friends got free transfers to Emerald Dream this way. Just say you want to play with your friends or whatever. IT really amazing what you can get for free just by calling them and asking.

Also, I'm too sure how long I'm going to be on Emerald Dream. It's a cool server with lots of World PvP but I'm not sure how long my friends are actually going to play this game. If they quit again I'm most likely going to Tich or KT.
I guess I could try. I'm not good at being confrontational even when I am mad, let alone just pretending to be mad :)
Man, it's way too hard to find a weekly group of people who do Heroic Rag for the mount. Well, it's pretty hard to get into those groups. Even as a Firelord. >:

At this rate the new patch is going to hit and I won't have that goddamn mount.
Perhaps it would dumb the game down even further, but I really wish they would have a second option in LFR to do the harder versions. It would require a higher i-level like 385 (or higher), and give you a chance at mount drops.

EDIT: Server Transfer choices

I've been researching high alliance population servers and the best two realms (for my timezone and location) appears to be Kel'thuzad and Stormrage. Honestly, I'm leaning toward Stormrage simply because it's a PVE server and I've always wanted to level characters without the worry or frustration of getting ganked/griefed by other players. Does anyone have experience on either server? Really, I just want to be on a server with a lot of pugs occurring around the clock. This site is pretty cool, assuming it's accurate: http://wow.realmpop.com/

Does anyone else wish weeklies were a thing?

And I don't mean the raid weeklies that there have been from time to time.

I'm talking about actual full-fledged quests/questlines that are fairly in-depth and have you exploring around through quite a bit of content. Perhaps the length of about one zone storyline (maybe a little less) where you might have to go through a couple of dungeons, travel around the map to distant locations, etc. 5-6 hours or so of content each week. You could randomize bits so it wouldn't necessarily be the same every time (like with dailies) - a couple branching paths.

A similar parallel would be the upcoming Spartan Ops from Halo 4.

Just have a handful (you wouldn't need more than 5-7 at most initially) of these sprawling weekly adventures and it would liven up the game some for a good demographic.

ampere

Nope, they said they don't want to do them.

(Knowing Blizzard that will change in like 2 weeks!)

My guild finally killed H Madness last Monday night, I was away on vacation so that kinda sucked not being in on the first kill :( This will be my first content-ending heroic boss kill too! (I know, nerfs, etc but I'm still excited!).

Hopefully we can do it tomorrow night again, last week our Lock came on his Legendary, BIS Rogue to do FOK lol

FoK crippling is very nice for congealing bloods, heh

They're adding another 5% to the buff this week so that should make the repeat a bit easier. It also might mean that 5.0 is a month or so away

Does anyone else wish weeklies were a thing?

And I don't mean the raid weeklies that there have been from time to time.

I'm talking about actual full-fledged quests/questlines that are fairly in-depth and have you exploring around through quite a bit of content. Perhaps the length of about one zone storyline (maybe a little less) where you might have to go through a couple of dungeons, travel around the map to distant locations, etc. 5-6 hours or so of content each week. You could randomize bits so it wouldn't necessarily be the same every time (like with dailies) - a couple branching paths.

A similar parallel would be the upcoming Spartan Ops from Halo 4.

Just have a handful (you wouldn't need more than 5-7 at most initially) of these sprawling weekly adventures and it would liven up the game some for a good demographic.
That's not a bad idea, you should post it on the official forums

They could use phasing so that level appropriate mobs were involved in the quests all over azeroth

Lenardo

Banned
pet battles oh pet battles, my wife, who the whole time the past 2 nights is complaining about pet battles......

did pet battles, over and over and over, the ravager hatchling, between the "all your pets are dead bug" and getting poor/common ravagers, spent 3 HOURS+ last night trying to get the rare ravager hatchling, it go so that just by looking at the level and hp of the mob we could determine what classification it is, then kill it if it was poor or common.

for those that have not noticed, each class designation has a different amount of stats/hp

-example level 4 pet rough bp totals:

poor ~280hp
common ~320hp
uncommon 380hp
rare ~450 hp

level 8 pets

poor ~500hp
rare ~800 hp

etc

my wife has 154 pets when she started,,,she is at 190 pets and counting now

i am almost at 100 personally,

oh yes, you can have 3 of each pet now...so 3 fawns, or ravager hatchlings, or whelps etc....

Pre

Finally finished my T6 transmog set! It looks pretty sweet, though my mace covers half my body in my armory pic so I can't really show it off. I've also got 4/5 of my T5 and 3/5 of my T4. Those pally sets aren't too bad, though I wish I could get a full T12 set. But my guild never raids much anymore. I'm going to try to put a run together and it shouldn't be too hard since I can only run 10 mans. 25 mans turn my computer into a vegetable.

Rambaldi

as someone who really loves Pokemon: I can see myself getting addicted to pet battles very easily. It's hard to find wild ones to battle on beta servers right now but I imagine losing hours when it goes live.

Entropia

No One Remembers
FoK crippling is very nice for congealing bloods, heh

They're adding another 5% to the buff this week so that should make the repeat a bit easier. It also might mean that 5.0 is a month or so away

Yeah, our Lock is going to be on his Lock tonight instead of his rogue, so we'll have to rely on his Shadowflame, plus he's going Demo for better AoE. I really would like the kill before 30%.

Historically, what has been the order of events in terms of giving us the cinematic, announcing the release date and detailing the collector's edition?

We have a date for one of those things...

Entropia

No One Remembers
Historically, what has been the order of events in terms of giving us the cinematic, announcing the release date and detailing the collector's edition?

We have a date for one of those things...

It's usually been: Release date -> Collector's Edition stuff -> Opening Cinematic.

I can't think of anything between now and when they show off the cinematic where it would be appropriate to announce the release date.

It's usually been: Release date -> Collector's Edition stuff -> Opening Cinematic.

I can't think of anything between now and when they show off the cinematic where it would be appropriate to announce the release date.

Well with D3 it was CE stuff -> Cinematic -> Release Date.

Though that was probably a more unusual case since D3 originally was slated to come out in 2011, so we should have had the date before the cinematic (which was at the VGAs), had it not been delayed.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Got my H Madness kill!!! We were about to call it a night because we were getting pissed off with people bugging out when moving from one platform to another.

Finally finished my T6 transmog set! It looks pretty sweet, though my mace covers half my body in my armory pic so I can't really show it off. I've also got 4/5 of my T5 and 3/5 of my T4. Those pally sets aren't too bad, though I wish I could get a full T12 set. But my guild never raids much anymore. I'm going to try to put a run together and it shouldn't be too hard since I can only run 10 mans. 25 mans turn my computer into a vegetable.
Take a screenshot and post it :) I'm like a little kid. Half the time I scroll through threads on neogaf i'm just looking for the pictures lol.

So, in other news, I'm continuing my collecting crusade. Finished the molten front quests and got the mount today. Bought the Guardian Cub off the AH for 10k gold. Awesome pet btw. And now i'll be opening bags hoping for the searing scorchling. Also got up to 4250 kills on the ebon whelps in the wetlands. Still no dark whelpling. I've discovered a great place to farm gold. The trash packs in Pit of Sauron usually drop 5-6 gold in drops per group, and i can DE the greens and double or triple that on the AH. I never got the battered hilt, so there is a part of me hoping it drops so i can do the questline and get Quel'Delar, Lens of the Mind for transmog. But if it did drop, I'd be more tempted to try and sell it on the AH for some obnoxious amount. I haven't seen the battered hilt on the ah in forever and i'm sure there are people who would still like to do the quest, as well as maybe getting the quest rewards for transmog.

Take a screenshot and post it :) I'm like a little kid. Half the time I scroll through threads on neogaf i'm just looking for the pictures lol.

So, in other news, I'm continuing my collecting crusade. Finished the molten front quests and got the mount today. Bought the Guardian Cub off the AH for 10k gold. Awesome pet btw. And now i'll be opening bags hoping for the searing scorchling. Also got up to 4250 kills on the ebon whelps in the wetlands. Still no dark whelpling. I've discovered a great place to farm gold. The trash packs in Pit of Sauron usually drop 5-6 gold in drops per group, and i can DE the greens and double or triple that on the AH. I never got the battered hilt, so there is a part of me hoping it drops so i can do the questline and get Quel'Delar, Lens of the Mind for transmog. But if it did drop, I'd be more tempted to try and sell it on the AH for some obnoxious amount. I haven't seen the battered hilt on the ah in forever and i'm sure there are people who would still like to do the quest, as well as maybe getting the quest rewards for transmog.

Ooh, that is another thing I should do whenever I get back. Never got a battered hilt myself (though I did see it drop a couple times in that first week when the drop rate was still absurdly high). Was never gonna pay for it though as it would have just been to do the quest. I already had a better weapon at the time.

Top Bottom