• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Alex

Hey, aren't you that creepy guy who supposedly played so much he ruined his life and was trying to get everyone else to "detox"? :lol

Thoraxes

No skirt for Druid T12 in the preview. YES!
Will the the first time since T4 I think that I finally have pants and not a dress.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Alex said:
Hey, aren't you that creepy guy who supposedly played so much he ruined his life and was trying to get everyone else to "detox"? :lol
yes. and then a while after that he wanted to sell his account with multiple 85's and 80's. he's got a problem.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I hope the rumors of June 21st for 4.2 are real. It's about time we get something really new.

And i also hope this 6-7 months wait we had for 4.2 doesn't mean that 4.3 will release in december/january.

PatzCU

Bisnic said:
I hope the rumors of June 21st for 4.2 are real. It's about time we get something really new.

And i also hope this 6-7 months wait we had for 4.2 doesn't mean that 4.3 will release in december/january.

Because of the long wait, my guild leader announced last night that we'll be a 10man guild going forward so a ton of us got screwed out of raid spots for 4.2. Anyone need a Holy Paladin on Illidan Horde for their raid team?

TheYanger

PatzCU said:
Because of the long wait, my guild leader announced last night that we'll be a 10man guild going forward so a ton of us got screwed out of raid spots for 4.2. Anyone need a Holy Paladin on Illidan Horde for their raid team?

A week before a new tier, really? What a massive cockwad. That sucks, hope you find somethin :(

PatzCU

TheYanger said:
A week before a new tier, really? What a massive cockwad. That sucks, hope you find somethin :(

Yep, completely agree. Obviously there are going to be attendance issues toward the end of any raid tier. You have to be delusional to think that every member of your 25man core will show up to every raid for 7 months straight on the same content. It's going to be hilarious when the entire guild logs in on June 21st only to find out the guild is a 10m raid guild now.

I think I'll likely just find myself a new 10man core to raid with. I'm thinking with Firelands having only 7 bosses, it's going to be much easier for more casual guilds to tackle the content.

zugzug

You know after doing 10 mans for half of this cycle of cata. I am sick of 10mans I wanted to do 25mans for firelands but no luck getting people off their 10man ass. God I hate Coilfang Alliance.

zugzug said:
You know after doing 10 mans for half of this cycle of cata. I am sick of 10mans I wanted to do 25mans for firelands but no luck getting people off their 10man ass. God I hate Coilfang Alliance.

Same loot in both tiers means there is less motivation to have people organize a 25-man guild. Blizzard's decision there didn't kill off 25-man guilds completely, but it did certainly reduce their numbers from Wrath and before. Without there being a definitive "hardest/most advanced" format, there just isn't the motivation for many people to go the extra mile.

I prefer 25-mans anyway just for being more epic, and having more people to work with is more fun to me, even if it ends up being 15 people carrying 10 a bit.

Hell, a lot of advantages are to be had in the actual encounters when you have a larger raid group (1,2, or 3 tanks for fights, all buffs will be covered, etc.) But building a critical mass of good raiders is hard - a 25 man team needs at least 30 people to be safe and not have to pick up people most of the time.

Alucrid

Banned
CarbonatedFalcon said:
Same loot in both tiers means there is less motivation to have people organize a 25-man guild. Blizzard's decision there didn't kill off 25-man guilds completely, but it did certainly reduce their numbers from Wrath and before. Without there being a definitive "hardest/most advanced" format, there just isn't the motivation for many people to go the extra mile.

I prefer 25-mans anyway just for being more epic, and having more people to work with is more fun to me, even if it ends up being 15 people carrying 10 a bit.

Hell, a lot of advantages are to be had in the actual encounters when you have a larger raid group (1,2, or 3 tanks for fights, all buffs will be covered, etc.) But building a critical mass of good raiders is hard - a 25 man team needs at least 30 people to be safe and not have to pick up people most of the time.

Why'd they kill off 40 mans. I loved them so much. :(

Nothing like having 39 other people waste their night with you lol.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Whelp, I let my sub run out. Don't have enough time. I'll prob come back right before 4.3 to gear up, kill all the bosses, and leave again.

DeathNote said:
Whelp, I let my sub run out. Don't have enough time. I'll prob come back right before 4.3 to gear up, kill all the bosses, and leave again.
I've got the time, but I've been avoiding renewing my subscription because I'm irresponsible when playing wow and don't manage my time well. However, I'm wanting to build myself a desktop computer. Once it's done I'll probably resubscribe just to experience wow on something other than a 6 year old laptop.

th3dude

So I started playing again the other night. Only other time I've ever played was 2 years ago and had a level 33 hunter, so I'm still very much a noob.

I'm rolling with a (currently level 7 lol) blood elf paladin, and have some questions.

• Good choice?
  • What are suggestions for professions? I hear a lot that I should go with 2 collection professions to make money
  • Are professions changeable later?
  • Suggested weapons for my build?
  • Any other overall tips on my build or on the game in general?

Again, super noob here, but loving it so far. Any tips, websites, etc are appreciated.

markot

Banned
1. Play the race/class combo that is most appealing to you. No such thing as a bad choice if you like it.

2. Depends what you want to do >.< blacksmithing and mining if you want to make some gear and abit o cash with mining. Otherwise mining/skinning or herbalism for monies.

3. Yeah you can ditch professions at any point, but you lose all progress in them.

4. Um, depends on how you are going to level. Instances/dungeons? Bgs? talent trees determine what kind of weapons you want.

Umm... as for advice... I would skip ghostlands, maybe even the starting BE area and go straight to another, not sure which I dont really play horde but I think the cata improvements to undead and crap starting zones make em alot more fun than the BE one.

The blood elf area is freaking beautiful though. I'd go through it to level 10 at least to get a feel for the race and become properly fascist before heading out into other territories.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
cuevas said:
Except anything blood elf.

Nah, he should make a blood elf paladin with white long hair named Sephlroth, only using two hand swords.

Also, must be playing in a PVP server for that little extra ganking fun.

Bisnic said:
Nah, he should make a blood elf paladin with white long hair named Sephlroth, only using two hand swords.

Also, must be playing in a PVP server for that little extra ganking fun.

Belf hunter named legolas is the only option.

Fularu

Banned
PatzCU said:
Yep, completely agree. Obviously there are going to be attendance issues toward the end of any raid tier. You have to be delusional to think that every member of your 25man core will show up to every raid for 7 months straight on the same content. It's going to be hilarious when the entire guild logs in on June 21st only to find out the guild is a 10m raid guild now.

I think I'll likely just find myself a new 10man core to raid with. I'm thinking with Firelands having only 7 bosses, it's going to be much easier for more casual guilds to tackle the content.
Which guild on Illidan?

kai3345

Banned
I've been home sick so I spent pretty much all of yesterday doing baisically every single quest in Dragonblight. What an awesome zone. So much better than Borean Tundra.

I'm 74 right now with about a 1/4th full bar, which zone do you guys think I should do next? Zul'Drak or Grizzly Hills?

markot

Banned
sn1pes said:
Thanks for the tips everyone.
Too bad no one else was helpful >_<;

And I see mora Cow pallies than BE one these days...

kai3345 said:
I've been home sick so I spent pretty much all of yesterday doing baisically every single quest in Dragonblight. What an awesome zone. So much better than Borean Tundra.

I'm 74 right now with about a 1/4th full bar, which zone do you guys think I should do next? Zul'Drak or Grizzly Hills?
ZD

kai3345 said:

GH has the best music in the game, so go with that.

Trickster

Just played through the western plaguelands zone on my alt, really enjoyed it. Is the Eastern plaguelands zones as good or close to?

Dresden

Trickster said:
Just played through the western plaguelands zone on my alt, really enjoyed it. Is the Eastern plaguelands zones as good or close to?
I thought it was better, tbh. You tag along with these dwarf/belf bros, I thought it was fun.

Tamanon

Banned
Trickster said:

I liked EPL more personally, if only because it seemed more of a journey through the zone itself. Plus, I loved the caravan personalities.

markot said:
And I see more Cow pallies than BE one these days...

I love my Tauren paladin. I started a BE pally at least twice, but once I learned that Tauren were going to be able to be paladins in Cataclysm, I just waited until launch to roll one because I knew I would race change him anyway.

Fularu

Banned
PatzCU said:
License and Registration
Never heard of them, they're the ones going 10 man only? I used to be in RR, but I prety much stopped playing. Now most of my friends are either in Vigil or BL

Alex

I'm kind of at an impasse here it feels like, our little 10 man guild was doing really nicely but the further we get, the more our DPS start to hold us back. Of all the easy fights, we struggled on Heroic Magmaw tonight, two of our DPS roughly 10,000 and double the percentage above the rest.

It's sadly not some abnormality either, it's like that on every fight, the same two people just *TOWER* above the rest and it's making everything so much harder. What really makes it mind boggling is that the two good DPS are a Death Knight and a Warrior (which creates extra issues since one or even both of them have to tank at times) and all of the mediocrity is from our ranged pures. Even on shit like Atramedes the two melee come out ahead by a large chunk, what the hell...?

I'm just fed up with dragging along a couple of "Tee hee, I got hit by every hazard and did 30-40% less damage than a melee on a boss that has an aerial phase, but I should get carried because I'm nice" kind of people. I'm a lax person, really, I never wanna be too hardcore but come on. The fun of being a DPS is to be competitive and being extremely competitive while obeying all the boss mechanics is what kills shit.

I'm still amazed we even managed the mediocre 8/13H we got this tier with the shitty DPS we have.

Alex

How will I help them out exactly? At 8/13 Heroic they should know what the hell to do, all I can tell them is to go to EJ, read the OP for their spec, cross reference it with other boards and don't be a fuck up.

Hell, I've been trying for like six months just to get the hunter to bring proper pets to plug the debuffs/buffs were missing when we have to swap comps.

It's just such an annoying atmosphere because half of the raid breaks their backs and the other half just doesn't put in much effort.

Alex

Yeah, I know what you meant really but the guild is way more than far enough progressed that people shouldn't need their asses wiped like some fresh 85. They can do their own homework or get lost.

All I'm going to do is call for some evaluation on a couple of folks and if it causes too big of a ruckus I can bail with a real life friend, which would in turn probably kill that guild of course, but at this point I don't think I really care. I want to kill bosses, not be stuck in this pattern of babysitting (this isn't the first time I've had this concern)

There's two things I hate in this game, one being drama and the other being inept players in a game with this many resources (those who are past the point they should be inept, that is). Sadly they seem fairly exclusive of one another in my experiences at least.

Dresden

It's like that terrible feeling when your friend is a keyboard turning Blood DK who likes doing pvp with you. And he's so nice that you find it hard to criticize him.

Haha. There were blue posts today (on MMOChamp's frontpage) discussing exactly what we were talking about the other day in regards to DK tanking. They have a good analogy of a DK tank working like a manual transmission car and the other tanks being automatic (in regards to the death strike healing/shield mechanic.)

Thoraxes

Man, I just saw the trailer for 4.2.
Why is Blizzard so great at hyping up their patches and expansions? Seriously, the lore of Warcraft is just great and the trailer really tickled my fancy hard.
So pumped now.

Top Bottom