• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Is there anyone who can add a post to the MoP beta forums? I can't, since my main account isn't active, apparently they don't want my beta feedback either.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/3946366/

I would like this added:

-Disconnect when using Touch of Death-

Touch of Death becomes available to use on Kael'Thas (Magister's Terrace) just about when he's going to teleport in the middle and start levitating you. If you do it during this time, the game always disconnects, and you have to log back in to finish the fight (and hopefully survive until you get back in).

Tarazet

A lot of the symbiosis shit is going to be far more useful in pvp... druids with bubble, ice block, cloak, dispersion, mass dispel, purge?

Although at this point looking for anything out of WoW pvp is a foolish wish.

Yeah, I'm not interested in PvP. I'm interested in finding interesting ways to break the new content in PvE with my new Druid. It's bound to be able to do some interesting things. It's certainly well known that the Balance Druid can't do competitive single-target DPS, though the cat arguably can if you can get around the melee problems, so you could see this as the way they make the class worth playing.

Chris R

Dropped out of the gaf guild for the time being to join lvl25 guilds to use and abuse their bonuses before MoP drops. Trying to have 3 85s ready by then but who knows.

Probably wont ever experience any of the raid content in Cata but whatever :( my mage just doesn't have the gear and I don't have the time.

Loxley

Dropped out of the gaf guild for the time being to join lvl25 guilds to use and abuse their bonuses before MoP drops. Trying to have 3 85s ready by then but who knows.

Probably wont ever experience any of the raid content in Cata but whatever :( my mage just doesn't have the gear and I don't have the time.

I haven't experienced the high-end raid content for either WotLK or Cata, the last time I did any hardcore raiding was at the tail-end of TBC's life-cycle. I'm going to try and change that for MoP and actually get into some big raids, I kind of miss it :/ That rush after killing a raid-boss with your guild is an extremely unique experience.

Ultratech

I haven't experienced the high-end raid content for either WotLK or Cata, the last time I did any hardcore raiding was at the tail-end of TBC's life-cycle. I'm going to try and change that for MoP and actually get into some big raids, I kind of miss it :/ That rush after killing a raid-boss with your guild is an extremely unique experience.

Tons of fun to kill a nice raid boss with the guild.

The guild I'm in right now is/was a Leveling guild with full benefits. However, we've recently started to rack up some Achievements to unlock more goodies. Like right now, we're trying to unlock the Dark Phoenix mount, so we're having to go through the T11 content, which actually isn't all that bad given I'd never even ran them myself.

Did Bastion of Twilight, which wasn't too bad except for the Elementals fight (people not understanding the mechanics...understandable since there is a lot). Managed to get Cho'gall in one shot though, so that was fun. They did Throne of the Four Winds earlier in the week and beat it, but we missed out on the Guild achievement since somebody released when they died, and the game counts you as not being in the group when you do that...kinda annoying.

Still gotta go through Blackwing Descent, but that's really the only thing we got left.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I reactivated and boosted a mage to 80. I hit 85 after 18 hours played. Within 8 hours played I have run all the regular dungeons, the twilight heroics and a few others, along with doing DS in Raid Finder and killing Deathwing. I have epics in most spots, including 3/5 on my set.

It all happens so fast now, haha. I think the only thing I haven't done is the troll heroics, but I ran those instances to death back in vanilla.

I reactivated and boosted a mage to 80. I hit 85 after 18 hours played. Within 8 hours played I have run all the regular dungeons, the twilight heroics and a few others, along with doing DS in Raid Finder and killing Deathwing. I have epics in most spots, including 3/5 on my set.

It all happens so fast now, haha. I think the only thing I haven't done is the troll heroics, but I ran those instances to death back in vanilla.

How did you gear up so fast I've been queuing as a tank and it feels like its taking forever. Do you have another character bankrolling you?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I found a bunch of crafted blue PVP gear in the AH that was iLevel 377 I think. I bought a few pieces to skip ahead to heroics. Kind of cheesing the system. No one really needs heroic gear anymore so I won every roll, plus the quest lines in the twilight ones have epics as rewards. And you get Valor/Justice points for gear also. Going 3/5 on my set in one run was lucky rolling.

Just hanging with the birds tonight :p
disco_and_the_birds.jpg

I found a bunch of crafted blue PVP gear in the AH that was iLevel 377 I think. I bought a few pieces to skip ahead to heroics. Kind of cheesing the system. No one really needs heroic gear anymore so I won every roll, plus the quest lines in the twilight ones have epics as rewards. And you get Valor/Justice points for gear also. Going 3/5 on my set in one run was lucky rolling.

HOw easy was it to get through everything? I'd like to get a death wing kill if I can. I stopped playing after getting Aeonaxx, but with Mists announced, I'd like to get back in and kill death wing before everybody stops doing it.

Did you buy a whole set? Or just a few pieces? Cause I"m still mostly in cata greens from level 85. I think the minimum to get into raid finder is 377. Is there a site where I can calculate what pieces to get so I can get in? I'm currently ilvl 338. I'd like to be smart with my cash if I can.

My character's name is Manjie, on hellscream, if anybody wants to look him up on the armory and give me some suggestions for the most efficient way to hit the ilvl for raid finder.

Did you buy a whole set? Or just a few pieces? Cause I"m still mostly in cata greens from level 85. I think the minimum to get into raid finder is 377. Is there a site where I can calculate what pieces to get so I can get in? I'm currently ilvl 338. I'd like to be smart with my cash if I can.

My character's name is Manjie, on hellscream, if anybody wants to look him up on the armory and give me some suggestions for the most efficient way to hit the ilvl for raid finder.
see, i would love to get my 85 warrior up to i-level for heroics, but i'm so not motivated. like once you get into heroics, gearing up is fast. but getting up to i-level right after hitting 85 is a little bit of a downer unless you go the pvp route.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

I bought a few peices. I had also run dungeons while leveling so I got an epic or two with Justice Points, plus some blues. There's quite a few things you can buy with high iLevel in the AH that won't cost too much. Granted the blue PVP gear gimped my stats for heroics, but I'm dps so it isn't as noticable and they were replaced after just a few runs. To run the Twilight heroics you only need around iLevel 353 (?). Once you can run those three the quests for each instance reward decent epics, plus you can probably soak up any drop you need some most people don't need the loot from the instances. After a few runs you can then do the raid finder, which I think was around iLevel 373(?). I believe the twilight heroics reward iLevel 378 gear (?). My numbers may be slightly off.

I'd probably say it took 5-6 hour played time after hitting 85 to be ready for Raid Finder.

Well, welcome me back to the world of Azeroth. Logged back in after 3 years, dinged 85 in four days, and now I'm ready to gear up and consume as much content as possible before MoP launches. As a bear tank, I can't believe how much more complicated (and enjoyable) my class has become. No more Mangle, Lacerate, Mangle, Maul, Mangle, Swipe etc. rotations. And I am loving Thrash for trash pulls!

It's a long shot, I am certain, but are there any Gaffers on Korgath that are Horde?

Hi guys, quick question: I'm thinking about coming back and throwing a raid group together composed primarily of my own friends. The problem is, we're all spread across 2-3 different servers. Are cross-server non-LFG raids possible in Mists? I seem to recall reading that they would be, but just wanted to confirm.

Thanks guys :)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Hi guys, quick question: I'm thinking about coming back and throwing a raid group together composed primarily of my own friends. The problem is, we're all spread across 2-3 different servers. Are cross-server non-LFG raids possible in Mists? I seem to recall reading that they would be, but just wanted to confirm.

It's already possible. I remember being able to enter Black Temple in January/February with a group of friends who were on a different server.

C.Dark.DN

Banned

Everything but the current tier.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member

Rokam

Interesting how they're handling the raids in 5.0. Would be interested to hear how some of the hardcore raiders on here feel about it.

-May be delaying the first raid by 1 week to let everyone hit max and not feel rushed (even though they'll rush anyways)
-The other 2 raids won't be released for a few weeks after the first one opens.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Interesting how they're handling the raids in 5.0. Would be interested to hear how some of the hardcore raiders on here feel about it.

-May be delaying the first raid by 1 week to let everyone hit max and not feel rushed (even though they'll rush anyways)
-The other 2 raids won't be released for a few weeks after the first one opens.

It's sort of like how they handled the raids during the TBC launch. 2 tiers from the start, the only difference is they both won't be implemented at the same time. The extra couple of weeks between raids seem to take the place of an attunement. It'll just stop guild from blitzing them without the hassle of needing to attune everyone and their alts.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Bleeding Edge guilds are going to blitz to 90 and gear up regardless.

I can see why they want to do it. Guild A is super hardcore, they're going to level to 90 by the 27th and start progressing through on the 28th.

Guild B is semi-hardcore, they'll hit level 90 by the 29th and start heroics on the 30th. They should be ready to go by October 2.

That doesn't mean that Guild A would clear content through Guild B quicker. They could be a week behind and clear through in the same time, it just means that they wouldn't be a week behind from the get go.

I'm fine with it. I'm not hardcore, bleeding edge, etc. I consider myself a semi-hardcore player but I don't raid with that mindset. I still plan to take that time off work, hit level 90 as quick as I can and then do dungeons/heroics/scenarios with my guildmates until the raid opens up.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Awesomely enough, I'm finally done with law school like one month before this comes out, but its well before bar prep. Plenty of time to veg out on this. Maybe I'll even join a semi-competent guild this time.

Everything but the current tier.
As cool as it would be to have that, its bleedingly obvious why current tier cross realm raids ain't happening.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I must be having a dumb day. Why's that?

Because guilds and even the realms themselves would become obsolete at that point and Blizzard makes a killing with realm switches, etc. You know that GAF guild we keep talking about? We wouldn't even need it. We'd just set up a RealID spreadsheet and everyone could just stay in their guilds as normal.

Loxley

So I've been running low-level 5-mans like a machine the last two days on my dwarf warlock alt in an attempt to complete all of the 1-60 5-mans while leveling up. I've come to the conclusion that Blizzard should rename Gnomeregan, "The PUG Destroyer", because that's what it is.

I've attempted to complete Gnomer with a PUG (I'm not in a guild :/) probably nine or ten times, and every single time the group ends up disbanding about 10-20 minutes in. Usually it's because the tank feels that one or more members of the group are 'noobz' and just quits. Other times its because the healer quits for no reason at all. This phenomenon has very much been unique to Gnomer, I haven't had any trouble at all with the other dungeons.

I'm at the point now where I'm pretty much too high of a level to go there anymore, which is fine, I'll eventually head back there when I can solo it. But seriously, that fucking dungeon is still a pain even after 7.5 years and the Cata fixes.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So I've been running low-level 5-mans like a machine the last two days on my dwarf warlock alt in an attempt to complete all of the 1-60 5-mans while leveling up. I've come to the conclusion that Blizzard should rename Gnomeregan, "The PUG Destroyer", because that's what it is.

I've attempted to complete Gnomer with a PUG (I'm not in a guild :/) probably nine or ten times, and every single time the group ends up disbanding about 10-20 minutes in. Usually it's because the tank feels that one or more members of the group are 'noobz' and just quits. Other times its because the healer quits for no reason at all. This phenomenon has very much been unique to Gnomer, I haven't had any trouble at all with the other dungeons.

I'm at the point now where I'm pretty much too high of a level to go there anymore, which is fine, I'll eventually head back there when I can solo it. But seriously, that fucking dungeon is still a pain even after 7.5 years and the Cata fixes.

I'm surprised it wasn't re-designed. There's a split between jumping down right away or taking the long way around.

It should be redesigned like this: Enter Instance -> Kill like 2-3 packs -> Take elevator down -> Kill Vicious Fallout -> Take hallway to Electrocutioner 6000 -> Kill Electrocutioner 6000 -> take elevator down -> Clear hallway to Thermaplug.

Angry Grimace

I remember doing original Gnomregan with PUGs in TBC, just having to "LFG Gnomer" in trade. Those were interesting groups, particularly given the XP kinda sucked back then.

Tamanon

Banned

Gnomer I never have problems with. If you can get past that first part where someone with a pet inevitably leaves him out to wipe everyone after the jump, it's golden.

Blackfathom Deeps on the other hand.....that is just running through PUG members. Luckily, I was the tank and the healer was on board so who cares what 3 dps we cycle through.

I've been trying to run Heroic Zul'Aman on all 3 of my 85's because the quest rewards a nice fat 24 slot bag, but that is another PUG killer. People don't know the order of the bosses and get torn the fuck up even on the very first boss. It sucks!

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
As I cannot post on the official forums as my account is frozen at the moment (I'm waiting for Mists of Pandaria to be released before issuing a new subscription), I'll see if there's someone here that can help me.

I've been trying to test a tooltip on the PTR servers, and it regards the epic item Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion, one of nine base items tied to the Black Prince legendary quest chain coming in patch 5.1. First of all, disregard the "Hydraulic Socket" on Wowhead, in-game it simply reads Sha-Touched (which is also the item's flavor text). These items can have one Crystal of Fear in the Sha-Touched socket; three of these crystals are available. For this axe, Crystallized Terror is the most appropriate. It's also the gem I've been trying to find the enchantId of, as I want to know how it looks when that is added, what colour the slot has and so forth.

As a base, this is what I used as a simple item link, courtesy of Wowhead:

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("\124cffa335ee\124Hitem:86386:89881:0:4978:0:0:0:0:0\124h[Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion]\124h\124r");

You can see that via the API function itemString, I have added the yellow/blue gem Turbid Alexandrite (it's just a visual effect in-game, nothing happens to the item). Or rather, I have added that item's enchantId, which is 4978, different from its itemId which is 76515 as seen in the link. As I didn't have access to any list of enchantIds for gems in Mists of Pandaria, I just randomly wrote different numbers. Sometimes they led to gems, and sometimes they led to enchantments (Dancing Steel for example). This became very tedious as I didn't know how these enchantmentIds were ordered, and I really don't have any interesting in going through hundreds, maybe thousands, of numbers to get the enchantmentId for Crystallized Terror. Therefore, having seen multiple (though in a small number) lists of enchantmentIds for past expansions as well as current content (up to patch 4.3 anyway), I assumed there must be some easier way to extract Ids than to randomly guess. My searches on this topic appeared very few, and I couldn't find much information in Blizzard's API page either.

Therefore, if someone that knows LUA well could help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated. I simply want to know the enchantId of Crystallized Terror so I can check what its full tooltip looks like, both for testing purposes and personal interest. If you can help me, I'm glad to return the favor in reasonable ways.

As for something a bit lighter, itemString can actually be applied on ALL items. This can provide some harmless fun as you also can link the item in chat. I do it from time to time, and the whispers I get are usually hilarious. Anyway, as an example, take the Big Love Rocket mount:

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("\124cffa335ee\124Hitem:50250:2677:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h[Big Love Rocket]\124h\124r");

This enchants it with "Superior Mana Oil", and you just made it even dirtier. Experiment as you like with this, for role playing purposes you can add certain cool weapon effects (Landslide, Power Torrent) to weapons that normally cannot have such. You can't of course wield it, but that wouldn't stop a role player, would it.

johnsmith

remember me
I expect this book to feature lore-shattering and world changing events that people who only play the games will have no idea happened until the repercussions are featured in a quest that leaves you scratching your head.

Tamanon

Banned
I expect this book to feature lore-shattering and world changing events that people who only play the games will have no idea happened until the repercussions are featured in a quest that leaves you scratching your head.

Eh, I'd say 70% of the players actually didn't know Baine was different than Cairne.:p

FLEABttn

Banned
Because guilds and even the realms themselves would become obsolete at that point and Blizzard makes a killing with realm switches, etc. You know that GAF guild we keep talking about? We wouldn't even need it. We'd just set up a RealID spreadsheet and everyone could just stay in their guilds as normal.

Now that I've been reminded of the realm transfer service I've used 7+ times, yeah.

Though the guild killing thing I'm not really bothered by partially because

You know that GAF guild we keep talking about? We wouldn't even need it. We'd just set up a RealID spreadsheet and everyone could just stay in their guilds as normal

I don't see how that's bad.

Never mind that the realm transfer server was a guild killer in and of itself back in the day. The game changes, people adjust accordingly. It sounds like something with short term negative implications but long term awesome implications.

That won't ever happen, cause yeah, money.

Ultratech

I've been trying to run Heroic Zul'Aman on all 3 of my 85's because the quest rewards a nice fat 24 slot bag, but that is another PUG killer. People don't know the order of the bosses and get torn the fuck up even on the very first boss. It sucks!

Yeah, I know how you feel. Trying to do LFD on the Troll Heroics is annoying as hell because most people are unfamiliar with the mechanics and get fucked up quickly.
I love doing 'em with competent groups though.

Finding a group to get the Bear from ZA though...that's hard. :(

Rokam

It's interesting the little tidbits of foreshadowing they're putting into MoP in regards to the next possible expansion. First one of the pet battle trainers you can fight mentions the return of Sargaeras quite a bit, and also
Wrathion mentions something along the lines of dark times ahead, not referring to the war, and shows Azeroth getting pounded by fel fireballs.

Magnus

The bug is coming back....I can feel it, especially since Pandaria's date was announced.

Also, account-wide mounts makes me so fucking happy. I immediately moved my old main with his Amani War Bear over to the beta server just to see if it was FOR REALZ. Indeed, my new main that was already there can now ride it. So good.

This also means I can think about farming Kael in the future on whatever class it's easiest to do it with, and eventually have the goddamned Ashes on my main. YES.

I think I'm pretty doomed for gold in MoP. I'm only sitting on about 20k. Enchanting, Alchemy and Tailoring are the profs I have access to max skill. Also have two other enchanters at or over 450. Wise GAF, tell me, what is the road to easy cash? I ain't talking millions. Just to be comfortable in MoP.

Angry Grimace

The bug is coming back....I can feel it, especially since Pandaria's date was announced.

Also, account-wide mounts makes me so fucking happy. I immediately moved my old main with his Amani War Bear over to the beta server just to see if it was FOR REALZ. Indeed, my new main that was already there can now ride it. So good.

This also means I can think about farming Kael in the future on whatever class it's easiest to do it with, and eventually have the goddamned Ashes on my main. YES>

Kael is so easy with a DK it's pretty much just walk up to his room and fire away. I literally don't do anything other than go into his room and start killing guys as fast as I can. At this point even all four advisors can't kill a LFR geared DK unless you really really don't understand any of the class mechanics or something.

Top Bottom