• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Prodigal

Banned
Is it possible to gift someone stuff from the Blizz digital store? I have $$ on one account from Diablo sales but I have a separate account for WoW stuff...was hoping I could buy MoP from the D3 one and gift it to the other.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Could anyone send me a scroll of resurrection?

I will preface this by saying two things 1. I'm just seeing if I want to come back, so I can't promise I'll pay for time. 2. I've received a scroll before (back during TBC), but I've been told I can still get one again, so if it doesn't work, sorry that I heard misinformation.

Quote for email :p

All the earlier talk about how easy it is to get into heroics/raids now from the other day got me started on my warrior. I really, really want to tank heroics for the call to arms reward. So, i had the full set of vicious pyrium set made and jumped into twilight instances (as dps of course).

Making a little progress with gear, although it is still somewhat comical. Really, really thankful that i was never booted from any groups early on. I wasn't doing great dps, but i wasn't playing stupid either. So, either people just weren't paying attention or they threw me a bone. Rolling with Oversize oblique Ogre Obliterator lol. The pink highlights make me laugh.

Magnus

Kael is so easy with a DK it's pretty much just walk up to his room and fire away. I literally don't do anything other than go into his room and start killing guys as fast as I can. At this point even all four advisors can't kill a LFR geared DK unless you really really don't understand any of the class mechanics or something.

It's that easy eh? Jesus.

So I came back to wow after ~4 years (Fallout 3!!!!), anywho I rolled a new char on ally on Bleeding Hollow, any ally gaffers on there? I wanted a pvp server again, sure the ganking sucks, but it makes the world a bit more interesting.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
All the earlier talk about how easy it is to get into heroics/raids now from the other day got me started on my warrior. I really, really want to tank heroics for the call to arms reward. So, i had the full set of vicious pyrium set made and jumped into twilight instances (as dps of course).

Making a little progress with gear, although it is still somewhat comical. Really, really thankful that i was never booted from any groups early on. I wasn't doing great dps, but i wasn't playing stupid either. So, either people just weren't paying attention or they threw me a bone. Rolling with Oversize oblique Ogre Obliterator lol. The pink highlights make me laugh.

I don't think anyone really notices. Everyone else is so overgeared usually that having one DPS with shitty gear doesn't really matter. I didn't get any comments on my mage, but I was geared after only a few runs.

Last night I spent 800 gold got my 85 Pally in greens up to level 348 in gear. Just a few off from the Twilight Heroics. I will probably run the Troll heroics on him since I have never done those and then buy a few more peices if I am not ready for Twilight Heroics at that point. If I spent just a little more gold I could probably get him into Raid Finder within 2-3 hours of hitting 85, lol.

aesop

So I came back to wow after ~4 years (Fallout 3!!!!), anywho I rolled a new char on ally on Bleeding Hollow, any ally gaffers on there? I wanted a pvp server again, sure the ganking sucks, but it makes the world a bit more interesting.

Welcome back. I'm sorry about your free time.

Enosh

heh did my first ever ZA run because I read here that a quest gives you a 24 slots bag and got the mount, something like 20s remaining on the clock ^^

but damn those troll dungeons are harder than the HoT ones (ZA even more so than ZG) even in a mix of normal and heroic DS gear some shit nearly killed me, think all heroics should be like this imho, the HOT stuff is just too easy

idk, kinda wanted to sell the mount if anyone in my party would have wanted it, but then people would bitch at me for why I pressed need if I don't really want it etc, so decided to keep it, besides doesn't look that bad

Kael is so easy with a DK it's pretty much just walk up to his room and fire away. I literally don't do anything other than go into his room and start killing guys as fast as I can. At this point even all four advisors can't kill a LFR geared DK unless you really really don't understand any of the class mechanics or something.

Are you doing this as Blood or Frost?

heh did my first ever ZA run because I read here that a quest gives you a 24 slots bag and got the mount, something like 20s remaining on the clock ^^
So, I am only 5 days into my post 3-year hiatus and would *love* to run ZA as an 85. Actually, I can't wait for it. It's been 4 years since I first downed ZA. :p

Any Horde Gaffers be interested in running 5-mans with me while I gear up? I'm a Horde Bear and have an average item level of 355 right now. PM me for my RealID, if you're interested.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Are you doing this as Blood or Frost?

Blood in DPS gear. If you have at least LFR level gear, the advisors won't be able to kill you (although I do use my old ghetto Kings drum and Fort. scrolls on Kael and I almost always have time on a Str. flask when I bother to go in) - you used to have to worry about all four of them ganging up, but I usually just pop my DPS CDs plus AMS right when all four of them pop up and try and rip Capernian down as fast as possible. It can help a little bit if you put the big Slow guy in the back of the room to give you more time to burst Capernian down (she almost always will hit you with that knockback, meaning all four will end up on you, though)

Chris R

Can someone explain in RAWR how to show easy to get upgrades for my character? Or suggest a site that will show me things I need to be running/targeting to upgrade? Went from 341 to 353 average last night after getting 1 drop in a heroic and doing AV enough times to buy another Justice item (too bad AV bonus stopped last night... had I known it was AV weekend I'd have every damn justice item possible :( )

Ultratech

Can someone explain in RAWR how to show easy to get upgrades for my character? Or suggest a site that will show me things I need to be running/targeting to upgrade? Went from 341 to 353 average last night after getting 1 drop in a heroic and doing AV enough times to buy another Justice item (too bad AV bonus stopped last night... had I known it was AV weekend I'd have every damn justice item possible :( )

The order in which to run/get gear basically:
-Cata Heroics
-Troll Heroics (ilvl 353 gear)
-HoT Heroics (ilvl 378 gear; requires 353 to queue)
-LFR (ilvl 384-390 gear; requires 372 to queue)

At the same time, you can use whatever Valor Points you get to buy whatever ilvl 397 gear you need. (I don't believe there's any Necklaces or Capes in DS, so those would be your first options.)

You should be able to run HoT Heroics now, and you'll get a few upgrades from the quests you'll get in there, as well as drops from bosses. Just run those until you get ilvl 372 and start doing LFR.

but damn those troll dungeons are harder than the HoT ones (ZA even more so than ZG) even in a mix of normal and heroic DS gear some shit nearly killed me, think all heroics should be like this imho, the HOT stuff is just too easy

idk, kinda wanted to sell the mount if anyone in my party would have wanted it, but then people would bitch at me for why I pressed need if I don't really want it etc, so decided to keep it, besides doesn't look that bad

Damn, you lucked out. I prolly would've bought it off ya.

Berordn

The order in which to run/get gear basically:
-Cata Heroics
-Troll Heroics (ilvl 353 gear)
-HoT Heroics (ilvl 378 gear; requires 353 to queue)
-LFR (ilvl 384-390 gear; requires 372 to queue)

At the same time, you can use whatever Valor Points you get to buy whatever ilvl 397 gear you need. (I don't believe there's any Necklaces or Capes in DS, so those would be your first options.)

A slight addendum, groups for the Zandalari heroics are so incredibly bad that if they can be avoided, they should be. The primary stat upgrades from the 377 pvp gear would be enough to carry you through HoT heroics anyway.

And there's one neck from Morchok for casters that benefit from spirit, but everyone else is stuck with the 397 Valor pieces.

The weapons are 390.

As are the various pieces and trinkets that Spine drops. Itemized just enough so that FL heroic gear still edges out LFR gear.

The weapons are 390.

Bad ass.

So last week I got 1000/1000 VP and also looted all 8 DS bosses...is there anything I could have been doing to get gear? Because I basically had nothing to do until today when the server reset. Luckily some kids were running ICC so I grouped with them just for fun.

I'm honestly being too lazy to look it up, but what stats and gear types do each of the Monk specs use?

If they're available now I might grind out some heirlooms for an inevitable boredom reroll.

Berordn

I'm honestly being too lazy to look it up, but what stats and gear types do each of the Monk specs use?

If they're available now I might grind out some heirlooms for an inevitable boredom reroll.

Itemized like Druids, basically. Brewmaster and Windwalker use agility leather, Mistweaver uses intellect leather.

Ultratech

A slight addendum, groups for the Zandalari heroics are so incredibly bad that if they can be avoided, they should be. The primary stat upgrades from the 377 pvp gear would be enough to carry you through HoT heroics anyway.

And there's one neck from Morchok for casters that benefit from spirit, but everyone else is stuck with the 397 Valor pieces.

Yeah, I forgot to mention PvP gear (Crafted, Honor, or Conquest gained). Those help a bit in jacking up your ilvl a lot if it's low and are decent in their own right.

As mentioned, the Troll Heroics are rough mostly since most people aren't familiar with the mechanics and they're considerably harder than the HoT Heroics (which are stupid easy in comparison).
Not terribly fun when you wipe on the first boss b/c people don't bother looking up the encounter or reading the Dungeon Journal.

Also forgot to mention you could use JP to get T11/T12 equivalent gear depending on its respective set bonuses. Though purchasable T12 gear is more or less on par with with what you'd find in the HoT Heroics (probably better due to set bonuses).
Some 2pc Set Bonuses are pretty good for some classes, so it's worth looking into.

Cipherr

Bad ass.

So last week I got 1000/1000 VP and also looted all 8 DS bosses...is there anything I could have been doing to get gear?

Do your Baradin Hold run or whatever every week also. Its that boss in that PvP area that can only be done if your faction holds BH. The boss has a chance to drop high ilvl tier pieces. Outside of that theres not much to do except continue to run heroics for lower points to temporarily upgrade other gear slots.

But if you have reached the point that the only upgrades are VP purchases or LFR gear, then after you get your 1k VP and clear LFR for the week, theres not a lot else to do for you progression wise besides clearing BH or testing your luck in DS PUGs to see if you can kill a few bosses with a raid and get some gear.

Westlo

Got Kael's White Hawkstrider on my first try, never did this instance before since I quit TBC before it came out, all I did was do dailes on that island in the week leading upto Wrath's release.

Hmm I think this "comeback" is going to stick... so out of the 6 times I've quit Wow this might be the second time I come back for a decent amount of time. The other 4 times I didn't even reach max level for Wrath/Cata and stopped playing like a month into my 60 day time...

4 weeks and counting, hyped for MOP! I lasted 2 arena seasons into TBC, wonder how long that was...

Enosh

*sigh*
I hate that one dps that ques for something and then doesn't press ready -.-
and it's always a fucking dps

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
*sigh*

I saw that happen with the tank a few times. Yes, the same tanks that have an instant queue.

Assholes.

*sigh*

It's because DPS are told they have a 10-13 minute que, so they enter then leave their desk to go do something else for a couple of minutes thinking it's safe, lol.

I like tank and healer insta ques!

Entropia

No One Remembers
It's because DPS are told they have a 10-13 minute que, so they enter then leave their desk to go do something else for a couple of minutes thinking it's safe, lol.

I like tank and healer insta ques!

That's always the worst part.

"Alright I got 10 minutes.."
*goes AFK, queue only took 8 minutes*
"FUCK!"

The worst was back at the start of Cata, 30 minute queues and you have to go to the bathroom 25 minutes in.. ;\

strafer

I'm digging the look, finally something cool.

Xlksr.jpg

Top Bottom