• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

ampere

Raid Releases.

September 25: MoP launches
October 2: Mogu'shan Vaults (normal) opens
October 7: Mogu'shan Vaults (LFR) opens, those who cleared normal Vaults can access heroic mode
October 30: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (normal) open, with Terrace only accessible by clearing Heart
November 6: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (LFR) open; queuing for Terrace requires clearing Heart. Those who cleared normal Heart can access heroic Heart, same for Terrace.

Looks about right, but October 9th would be the LFR Mogu'shan Vault open date, Oct 2 + 7 days

So listen to this bullshit.

I've been working on transmogging my hunter. Today on my lunch break, I slowly make my way to Dragonblight to grab some quest reward shoulders I need. Find out I've completed around 50% of the quests there from looking at the achieve. For the quest chain that rewards the shoulders I wanted, I had to go to each questgiver in the chain and find out where I stopped when I originally quested in Dragonblight. One wild goose chase later, I finally catch up to where I left off. Luckily, I had not yet completed the quest in the chain that rewards the shoulders. Finally complete it and sure enough the shoulders are bugged and not showing the right color. All for nothing, and this exact same thing happened to me last week.

Tarazet

I got my Druid up to 81 and currently farming leather from old Classic raids to get caught up. In the Cataclysm gear I finally feel like I can do enough damage to matter as a Boomkin, but why is Wild Mushroom reserved for 85? ;-;

Challenge mode looks great. I'm quite excited about it requiring you to fly or be summoned to the instance right now, although I'd imagine there will be a cue option at launch. I hope they come to some compromise - perhaps offer random cues, but more or separate rewards for doing a pure server run.

Rokal

Challenge mode looks great. I'm quite excited about it requiring you to fly or be summoned to the instance right now, although I'd imagine there will be a cue option at launch. I hope they come to some compromise - perhaps offer random cues, but more or separate rewards for doing a pure server run.

They've said that you will need to manually form groups for challenge modes so I wouldn't expect to see them in the dungeon finder if ever. I really hope they stick to their guns on this. Running challenging 5-man content with random strangers you'll never see again was a disaster for Cata 5-mans and would be a disaster for MoP challenge dungeons. Quickest way to get that content nerfed would be allowing people to queue for it in a LFG tool.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So listen to this bullshit.

I've been working on transmogging my hunter. Today on my lunch break, I slowly make my way to Dragonblight to grab some quest reward shoulders I need. Find out I've completed around 50% of the quests there from looking at the achieve. For the quest chain that rewards the shoulders I wanted, I had to go to each questgiver in the chain and find out where I stopped when I originally quested in Dragonblight. One wild goose chase later, I finally catch up to where I left off. Luckily, I had not yet completed the quest in the chain that rewards the shoulders. Finally complete it and sure enough the shoulders are bugged and not showing the right color. All for nothing, and this exact same thing happened to me last week.
Stop going after them, that dude already said they are bugged.
http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40272996&postcount=11536

They've said that you will need to manually form groups for challenge modes so I wouldn't expect to see them in the dungeon finder if ever. I really hope they stick to their guns on this. Running challenging 5-man content with random strangers you'll never see again was a disaster for Cata 5-mans and would be a disaster for MoP challenge dungeons. Quickest way to get that content nerfed would be allowing people to queue for it in a LFG tool.

This is so true. I thought Cata instances were great, it was just hard to play with groups that weren't as serious as you; lots of people just reach the gear req and say "time to que!" then cry after getting owned. Nevermind they didn't know the fights, nerf nerf nerffff! sigh

I like the intuitive nature of queing and being able to find a group within seconds (tank ftw), but I also sometimes miss the days of finding groups in trade chat, or getting excited when that super good healer you knew signed on so you could do instances; likewise it was always cool when I'd sign on and immediately get a couple whispers asking if I wanted to do something. The challenge mode could offer a best of both worlds solution: instant ques for basic runs, and forming badass groups in trade chat/guild/etc.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Funny...during this time I actually came back after a 1yr hiatus and also got my fiancee into the game. Hopefully the numbers rise when MoP hits.

Yeah it will certainly bounce back. But, given that there hasn't been any content in like 8-9 months, people got bored.

Loxley

Using my incredible deductive skills, I'm come to form the brilliant hypothesis that the Mists of Pandaria cinematic will be unveiled at Gamescom. And since you're asking, no I probably wouldn't bet money on that.

I like the staggered launch of the raid content. And giving people a week before even the first raid goes live is nice too, so people don't feel so pressured to level overly quickly and rush into all that entails. There's so much other content at expansion launches, and the raiding will be there for months anyway.

The subscriber loss is pretty big, but not super surprising due to D3 and people quitting for that, as well as extreme content stagnation/fatigue.

I'm still looking forward to Mists though. Hopefully I can get with a good group and raid at least throughout this first tier, as my raiding career in Cataclysm pretty much ended in February 2011, and I didn't even finish T11. After having raided all throughout Wrath, particularly after 3.1 (I was still leveling for the first time for most of 3.0)

Magnus

It amuses me that WoW's subscriber loss is nearly the full amount of its nearest rival's subscriber base.

Long live the motherfucking king.

Today, I reactivate my account to re-immerse myself in the greatest online game world ever, and prepare for 5.0.

Been dicking around with the beta, and I dig what I've dabbled in, but it kills me that none of that is permanent and will be lost in two months, which crushes my drive to do anything there for more than half an hour. Back to the main game!

The advent of account-wide achievements/mounts/pets means I kind of need to have a max-level DK or Hunter now, for soloing old content (they're still the undisputed kings at doing both, overall, si?). Old rare awesome mounts will be fucking mine! I have both classes in the mid-60's, and charging into Pandaria with a blue proto, a Raven Lord or christ, the Ashes, would be so tight.

I'm glad a blue opened up the discussion about transmogging legendaries again; tells me Blizzard's on the fence about it now and that it's an inevitability at this point. I worked fucking hard and dedicated a lot of free time to my raiders, my guild and my game to get that tight mace. The absolute least I deserve is to be able to show it off a little, particularly because it might just be the rarest of all the legendaries. In truth, I'm bummed that even if I get to TMog it, I still won't have the bubbles unless I equip the damn thing (which I always do on old content, lol).

Blood DK, Paladin, Druid, or Hunter, yeah.

Anything else isn't nearly as good. Maybe Warlock to an extent. Not sure on how effective Monks will be in this regard.

Magnus

Blood DK, Paladin, Druid, or Hunter, yeah.

Anything else isn't nearly as good. Maybe Warlock to an extent. Not sure on how effective Monks will be in this regard.

Hmm. I have an RAF'd druid in the mid-60's (they seem like they're getting a ton of fun and inventive new toys for Pandaria, and have always stood out as a very different class), and my very first main is a Paladin at 84. Perhaps I should just go with him?

Would a paladin be able to solo something Kael now?

In other news, the Flying Disc Mount is officially the coolest thing ever. I'm so glad it's just a rep grind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odIxzH9JgAg&feature=player_embedded&hd=1

Hmm. I have an RAF'd druid in the mid-60's (they seem like they're getting a ton of fun and inventive new toys for Pandaria, and have always stood out as a very different class), and my very first main is a Paladin at 84. Perhaps I should just go with him?

Would a paladin be able to solo something Kael now?

Probably? I know DKs have done pretty much everything. Hunters get away with a lot too since the pet being the tank is a pretty big advantage for various reasons. You'll have to wait for someone else to chime in or look it up yourself - I've been out of the loop on various finer details of the game for awhile, the last time I played was around December.

And that disc mount is such a shameless rip off of the Nimbus cloud from Dragon Ball. I'm looking forward to getting one.

Magnus

Probably? I know DKs have done pretty much everything. Hunters get away with a lot too since the pet being the tank is a pretty big advantage for various reasons. You'll have to wait for someone else to chime in or look it up yourself - I've been out of the loop on various finer details of the game for awhile, the last time I played was around December.

And that disc mount is such a shameless rip off of the Nimbus cloud from Dragon Ball. I'm looking forward to getting one.

DK it is. I was so pleased that I landed such an awesome name for mine ("Surgery") only this past January, on Mal'ganis of all servers.

Is WoW anyone else's ultimate end-of-day gaming stress release? I dig logging on and cruisin' through an instance with buddies, or casually LFR'ing, or just flying around a zone and soaking in the music. It's strange how a game that requires a considerable number of hours/days/months/even years to get to its pinnacle can then become an awesome place to just virtually 'chill' for half an hour on your off-nights from your IRL social life.

Sometimes, a bunch of us just hang out in SW, blast some fancy effects around, do a run, hang out again, vent it up, discuss something game-related or otherwise. It's become an interesting framework for social interaction over the years, I gotta say. It's just too exhausting (physically, mentally and financially) to go out and be social every single night. Love filling in the gaps with this, haha.

Chris R

End Time was actually quite a bit of fun. Going to try to at least finish the whole quest line before MoP comes out. Getting two nice items made the wait it took to get started even better!

Enosh

god damn the wrath to cata mob transition is brutal
didn't feel it the first time around because I had to wait something like 2 weeks to get the money for cata, so I geared up quite nicely with wath justice point gear and some cata greens from the AH, but this time I went straight into cata mobs, no action house no nothing and forgot that most heirlooms don't scale past 80 and the two that do only really get up to cata stats at 81

the first few quest were the worst, each mob got me to about half hp and I needed like 15-20s to kill one

Magnus

l
god damn the wrath to cata mob transition is brutal
didn't feel it the first time around because I had to wait something like 2 weeks to get the money for cata, so I geared up quite nicely with wath justice point gear and some cata greens from the AH, but this time I went straight into cata mobs, no action house no nothing and forgot that most heirlooms don't scale past 80 and the two that do only really get up to cata stats at 81

the first few quest were the worst, each mob got me to about half hp and I needed like 15-20s to kill one

Yeah that'll go away real fast, lol. I occasionally find myself frustrated that shit doesn't live long enough for some of my dots/dot effects to even matter. lol

I just found out Former NBA All-Star (and current Russian star) Arndrei Kirilenko got a FULL back tattoo of his WoW character riding a Proto-Drake.... LOL

http://dimemag.com/2011/05/andrei-kirilenkos-new-tattoo-is-ridiculously-amazing/

Andrei-Kirilenko.jpeg

Andrei-Kirilenko-3.jpeg

Hahahahahaha

Yeah.... he's never going to regret that.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Those shoulders aren't big enough to be from WoW and that shield looks like it offers too much protection and the sword is too small.

ReaperXL7

Ok guys I need some advice, I just picked up a scroll of resurrection from a fellow gaffer nice enough to send me one. I have not played since burning cursade, and i'm alittle unsure of if I should use the level 80 booster or not. I like to know what i'm playing so getting an immediate boost to 80 does not seem like the best idea when i'm sure the classes have been changed quite abit since I last played.

I'm also not sure how gear would work...So I would get a boost to 80, but I would have very low level gear, that does not seem like the best situation to be in. So is it better that I start fresh and make a new character, or is the immediate boost to 80 worth it?

I was also curious if there is a Gaf guild and or how active it might be?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I just found out Former NBA All-Star (and current Russian star) Arndrei Kirilenko got a FULL back tattoo of his WoW character riding a Proto-Drake.... LOL

http://dimemag.com/2011/05/andrei-kirilenkos-new-tattoo-is-ridiculously-amazing/

Andrei-Kirilenko.jpeg

Andrei-Kirilenko-3.jpeg

Hahahahahaha

Yeah.... he's never going to regret that.

Actually, that tattoo is some high quality art. Looks great.

I hate tattos that are lame and could be done by any local artist.

If I was going to get one, it'd be high quality like that. Not wow, but yeah.

This?
8FWBq.jpg

Ugly, bad art. Looks like a derpy middle school drawing.

ampere

Ok guys I need some advice, I just picked up a scroll of resurrection from a fellow gaffer nice enough to send me one. I have not played since burning cursade, and i'm alittle unsure of if I should use the level 80 booster or not. I like to know what i'm playing so getting an immediate boost to 80 does not seem like the best idea when i'm sure the classes have been changed quite abit since I last played.

I'm also not sure how gear would work...So I would get a boost to 80, but I would have very low level gear, that does not seem like the best situation to be in. So is it better that I start fresh and make a new character, or is the immediate boost to 80 worth it?

If you do the level 80 booster you will automatically get a full set of 232 gear, which is perfectly fine for a level 80 going in to Cataclysm zones to start leveling. It might be worth leveling a character and boosting a different class up to 80.

Tarazet

Just one suggestion, FWIW.. if you don't have interest in playing a Druid otherwise, but you have interest in crafting/farming mats, use your Scroll to get a Druid to 80. They have perks for farming far and away beyond any other class, like instant flight form and being able to gather while mounted. A Tauren Druid with Herbalism or a Worgen Druid with Skinning is major easy mode. The Balance Druid's Moonfire is also really handy for taking out scattered targets, since it's instant and gets more powerful each time you cast it.

Westlo

Not to mention that you can get a glyph in MOP to replace that stupid Moonkin form with an Astral Form, sorta like Shadow Priests. Not kidding when I say I'm making a Druid alt because of that...

Tarazet

Not to mention that you can get a glyph in MOP to replace that stupid Moonkin form with an Astral Form, sorta like Shadow Priests. Not kidding when I say I'm making a Druid alt because of that...

I kind of like the giant deer-chicken, but I'm strange like that. I'll probably get the glyph anyway since the Troll Druid's Moonkin form is pretty vibrant and stands out like a sore thumb in PvP.

Fjordson

Holy shit @ Andrei Kirilenko's tattoo lmao! He was playing today in the Olympics and I noticed the edges of the wings that went past his jersey. Can't believe that's what it is.

The art looks bad ass, but I could never bring myself to get a WoW tattoo.

Nugg

If you never experienced the Wrath of the Lich King content, and have some time, you should definitely do that, and keep the boost for another character later on.

If you never experienced the Wrath of the Lich King content, and have some time, you should definitely do that, and keep the boost for another character later on.
Sadly, you only have 30 days to redeem your Scroll reward. Having just done been resurrected, I, too, am having a helluva time figuring out which reward to take.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The new monsters shown on the MMOchampion frontpage looks nice. I dont recognize the "skeleton" behind those models, they're new? Wow, that's rare if true.

Berordn

The new monsters shown on the MMOchampion frontpage looks nice. I dont recognize the "skeleton" behind those models, they're new? Wow, that's rare if true.

The mantid seem to be based on female worgen, if the animations are anything to go by. The sha boss model I'm not so sure. It looks a lot like the quiraji but it's impossible to tell without seeing it in motion.

johnsmith

remember me
You can preorder Mists of Pandaria on newegg for 29.99 by using the code EMCNBNG58

Too bad they aren't carrying the collector's edition.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I'm thinking about giving this game a try again, maybe. I'm waiting for GW2, but there's no reason I can't get into two MMOs since only one of them requires a subscription.

Anyway, is it possible to get a Scroll of Resurrection? If so, would anyone be willing to give it? I have a character name and server if that's required.

Tarazet

Didn't take me long to cap out Skinning.. I ran back and forth between two purple drakes in Hyjal with short respawn times and got from 450-525 in an hour. Ridiculously easy.

Now comes the fun part. Leatherworking..

Top Bottom