• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

CoolS

Hey guys, I haven't played WoW since a few months into WotLK but I suddenly got the urge to take a look at it again, also because I now have a new rig and want to see the game maxed out.

Can anyone send me a scroll of resurrection if that still exists? Would appreciate it.

strafer

All hail the return of Lord Kazzak.

Another Legion xpac would be a big wet dream.

They plan to add more world raid bosses overtime if the feedback from Sha of Anger and the Saurok bandits are good. And one of the candidate is Lord Kazzak to herald the return of the Legion.

Also they will tune the loots and difficulty from world raid bosses to higher level whenever there is a new raid content coming out to keep people's interest in challenging them,

This time, the legendary item quest chain will be very story driven and it rewards variety for players to choose. So every class will be able to get legendary weapons. Also, the first step of the legendary reward is to give player a legendary gem (like +500 int) that you can choose the stat you want to socket on the sha-touch weapons.

Also, they are testing the new friendship system right now. Currently there are 10 NPCs within this system and as the player get closer to them, those NPCs with better relationship will give you better rewards, telling you some stories that you will not be able to hear from others. Each of these NPCs has its own unique personality and preference, so it's up to yourself if you could find out what do they like, and how to please them. If the feedback is good, they will add more overtime in the coming patch to more NPCs, including the ones in the old world.

And the last, new festival event is on the horizon. But it's up to if they have enough time or not!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...g-Legion-quot-(also-new-holiday-and-legendary)

strafer

Say what you want about the account achievments, but riding on a Raven Lord at Level 20 is pure badass. :p

New players will sure be amazed.

Ultratech

Didn't take me long to cap out Skinning.. I ran back and forth between two purple drakes in Hyjal with short respawn times and got from 450-525 in an hour. Ridiculously easy.

Now comes the fun part. Leatherworking..

I'd like to take up Leatherworking on my Hunter again (lost it when I got hacked; now he's got maxed Skinning/Mining), but I REALLY don't wanna level it up from the beginning.

Thought about taking up Engineering as well, but again, I'd have to start from the beginning and it'd take a while.

Tarazet

I'd like to take up Leatherworking on my Hunter again (lost it when I got hacked; now he's got maxed Skinning/Mining), but I REALLY don't wanna level it up from the beginning.

Thought about taking up Engineering as well, but again, I'd have to start from the beginning and it'd take a while.

I started everything from scratch since I never played WoW before, so I didn't really have a choice. I used the wow-professions.com guides, and I'm up to 350 LW so far. There are a few really choice spots for farming leathers, and I rolled a Druid to make the whole experience as painless as possible. But I think any class with a spammable ranged DoT would do almost as well.

ampere

Say what you want about the account achievments, but riding on a Raven Lord at Level 20 is pure badass. :p

New players will sure be amazed.

My only gripe is that rep isn't account wide.

I want to quit playing my Shaman entirely, but if I want the 60 reps exalted achievement I'll have to level him and get the new MoP reps up.

My only gripe is that rep isn't account wide.

I want to quit playing my Shaman entirely, but if I want the 60 reps exalted achievement I'll have to level him and get the new MoP reps up.

Account-wide reputation I think would be the final straw, or at least pretty close to the final straw for me being able to completely abandon my DK (if I so chose.)

The account-wide mounts and achievements really are going a long way towards making me more attached to my account rather than a specific character, which can feel very restricting when you want to switch roles/classes/playstyles/whatever and would like to bring all your cool stuff along with you.

ampere

Account-wide reputation I think would be the final straw, or at least pretty close to the final straw for me being able to completely abandon my DK (if I so chose.)

The account-wide mounts and achievements really are going a long way towards making me more attached to my account rather than a specific character, which can feel very restricting when you want to switch roles/classes/playstyles/whatever and would like to bring all your cool stuff along with you.

Yeah account wide mounts/pets/achievements are helping me a lot considering I main swapped shaman -> rogue, and I am now swapping to monk. And I am an achievement lover.

Not to mention there being a whole 300 more pets to collect, heh.

MedIC86

You can still get the achievements per character. If you get it you still get a popup if you didnt complete it already.

The account wide achieve has the Bnet icon, and if you get it with your current char you see the head of your char next to it.

Rokam

A reminder for anyone needing gold, Darkmoon Faire starts tonight so get your fishing poles ready! Fish in the shipwreck debris for tons of Cata materials.

KingKong

maybe dumb question, but is there a way to skip Burning Crusades content yet?

it's just so dull and old compared to everything else in the game, that's when I last quit my character

Rokam

it's just so dull and old compared to everything else in the game, that's when I last quit my character

Nah, but it doesn't take long at all now, all the group quests are soloable as well. Except for the arena and group quests in Netherstorm/SMV.

Tamanon

Banned

Just queue up for each dungeon, with the quests they're generally worth half to a whole level for each dungeon. Toss in a Battleground Call to Arms and you'll be 68 in no time.

About to transfer to Area 52 Horde, who else is there? (or is there a post where Gaffers listed their mains/servers?)
I'm currently leveling an Orc Shaman there. We do have a GAF guild on the server. I'm not in it but it seems like it's currently dead at the moment until MoP. I think a couple people quit the guild recently to join raiding guilds and such until then.

Also we had a Google Spreadsheet that listed everyone's characters and servers. Not sure where that is or if it's still up.

Touch

What profession should I level next? I just got Enchanting 525. I would like to get another profession on my main to 525 to max profit in MoP. Also, I would like it to be one of the cheaper professions to level. I know JCing would be the best profit match with Enchanting but I think that would be to costly and I would end up losing gold for the start of MoP.

Tarazet

What profession should I level next? I just got Enchanting 525. I would like to get another profession on my main to 525 to max profit in MoP. Also, I would like it to be one of the cheaper professions to level. I know JCing would be the best profit match with Enchanting but I think that would be to costly and I would end up losing gold for the start of MoP.

Glyphs are being completely revamped, so Inscription might be worth leveling for the folks who will be reslotting.

Touch

Glyphs are being completely revamped, so Inscription might be worth leveling for the folks who will be reslotting.
Yeah, I was actually thinking about Inscription. I see that added Off Hand and Staffs you can make. Wish it was like Daggers, so my Rogue could use them. :p

Westlo

Argh so pissed you have to be knight captain to be able to purchase replica level 60 pvp gear... my warrior back in vanilla only went up to knight-lieutenant...., my old mage main probably hit rank or 9 but I stopped playing her after TBC and leveled up my current mage for PvP servers. But I don't even like the mage pvp gear.. well the Horde one is alrright... but that Warrior Field Marshal gear...

A reminder for anyone needing gold, Darkmoon Faire starts tonight so get your fishing poles ready! Fish in the shipwreck debris for tons of Cata materials.

I bought about 200 of the DMF turnins over the last couple of weeks, under 15g for the PVP ones, the more common PVE ones for under 50g and ones like The Strat item for under 100g. Sold a fuckload for 240g in the last day..

My Priest is Level 67 and has done like 2 quests in Hellfire, rest has been instance runs. which combined with rested xp has made going through these levels a breeze. Though this is a character I don't play that often so she always has rest xp.

Cipherr

Gotta wonder what ppl think when leveling through outlands... "This was the best expansion!?".

I dont get it. I have never had a problem leveling through BC on alts, although maybe heirlooms changes things. But its just a few quests in HFP, Marsh and Nagrand with dungeon finder runs tossed in here and there, and then you are level 68 and moving on.

Its classic that annoys me, I refuse to quest in classic, Im sick to death of those zones.

strafer

I dont get it. I have never had a problem leveling through BC on alts, although maybe heirlooms changes things. But its just a few quests in HFP, Marsh and Nagrand with dungeon finder runs tossed in here and there, and then you are level 68 and moving on.

Its classic that annoys me, I refuse to quest in classic, Im sick to death of those zones.

Did you even play the revamped zones? They are smooth as ass now.

Westlo

Classic is way better now... Outland is clearly at the bottom of the pile when it comes to leveling zones.

Jrmint

Yea Classic is the newest content in the game now and some of the zones are excellent.

Stonetalon Mountains for Horde is really fun.

Enosh

no BC is fucking awful when it comes to questing
as in "get to a quest hub, get quest that sends you in all 4 directions of the map to do long grindy as fuck quest." The drop rates in BC quest for quest items are horrible compared to cata (that includes vanilla zones) and wrath and the number of mobs having to be killed is high

plus Hellfire Peninsula looks like complete shit imho which makes it even worse since it's the first zone you have access to

idlewild_

I have much more problems with wotlk content than tbc stuff. Between heirlooms, the reduced xp needed, and random dungeons bc goes by really fast. wotlk, on the other hand, just drags on and on. Especially since you need to do 12 levels out there as opposed to 8 in outlands (don't go to outlands until 60, the quests in the blasted lands are smoother and give more exp.)

Cipherr

Did you even play the revamped zones? They are smooth as ass now.

Im playing through them right now on my Holy/Disc priest. The improved curve and breadcrumb system doesnt do anything to fix the fact that Im tired as hell of the palettes and layouts that are now 8 years old. I absolutely loathe it. Theres no amount of kickass quests that will make me want to quest through EPL, Badlands and WPL again.

Berordn

Im playing through them right now on my Holy/Disc priest. The improved curve and breadcrumb system doesnt do anything to fix the fact that Im tired as hell of the palettes and layouts that are now 8 years old. I absolutely loathe it. Theres no amount of kickass quests that will make me want to quest through EPL, Badlands and WPL again.

But WPL is almost completely new. There's only a few parts of it left using the old zone art, and that's mostly Caer Darrow. The others I can kind of understand since they haven't changed much artistically,
even though there's a giant penis in the middle of Badlands now
but the quests in both of them are dramatically revamped. EPL might be one of the most fun zones in the game, at level.

KingKong

no BC is fucking awful when it comes to questing
as in "get to a quest hub, get quest that sends you in all 4 directions of the map to do long grindy as fuck quest." The drop rates in BC quest for quest items are horrible compared to cata (that includes vanilla zones) and wrath and the number of mobs having to be killed is high

plus Hellfire Peninsula looks like complete shit imho which makes it even worse since it's the first zone you have access to

yep that was my problem. Orange ground, orange mountains, orange sky, nothing but 'collect x' quests with bad drop rates

I honestly expected them to update TBC in this expansion like they did in vanilla content, it's such a huge dropoff in quality

Enosh

WPL has a great story imo
EPL isn't as good but it's a bit lighter in tone
with the two paladin BBFs and that worgen "gypsie", quite enjoyed their lines as we were driving in the caravan

didn't like badlands

XenodudeX

Even though i have quitted since long ago i found this video where a guy explains what he feels has gone wrong with the game the last years: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8rd0-zVIBVo

Agreeing with every point he makes.

/discuss
So basically the game is too easy. I don't see the reason to make a 13 min video about a bullshit (imo) argument that has been made over and over again.

Although I do wish they would bring back attunements for raids again. Just do a fun not too easy or not too hard quest line that takes me to different places.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Even though i have quitted since long ago i found this video where a guy explains what he feels has gone wrong with the game the last years: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8rd0-zVIBVo

Agreeing with every point he makes.

/discuss

Saw this on Reddit a few weeks ago. Still don't agree with him.

"Less than one percent saw Naxx and it was a good thing" No...no...

[edit]

And him saying that a player who just came into WoW would need to complete BWD, BOT, Throne and Fireland before they could do DS is just dumb.

"The player base seems to think they want this content,(raids) they don't need it. There's lots of content for them"

Then he goes on to complain about LFR.

Craziness.

Top Bottom