• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Enosh

well decided to go for the argent charger thingy on my paladin, since blizzard in their infinite wisdom removed the horse mount from draenei paladins and gave us that stupid elephant thingy

apparently need to become a champion and exalted with every faction (edit: every alliance faction I mean, plus argent crusade)
yay

Magnus

Need a mod that'll help me make specific buffs much bigger on my screen. Specifically the two important buffs that you need to juggle in the Kael fight. Can XPerl do this?

Magnus

use power auras, make the icon really big and add a timer, should work I think ^^

Man, the UI is too obtuse for me. Or I'm too obtuse for it. Whichever means that it's too complicated. I can't seem to figure out how to just make two damned squares bigger, lol!

I am sucking hard at phase 4 of this fight. Vids make it seem so easy. Going to keep trying later this week.

use power auras, make the icon really big and add a timer, should work I think ^^

Yep that'll work. Love that mod. There's good reason Blizzard swiped it in its most basic form to put in the game by default. The mod has a lot more depth though and is worth using if you're a more advanced player and like that kind of HUD stuff.

I'm jealous of all the good drops people have been getting. I haven't had much luck recently. Still trying to get Chuck (have the other 3) from the fishing daily outside of Shattrath. It's supposed to be a fairly high drop rate and I've been doing the daily every time it's available for a while with nada. No raven mount yet. I go into winterspring and the wetlands every so often to kill random crap in the rare, but possible chance of getting either the azure or crimson whelpling to drop. No dice, and I haven't seen either on the AH in pretty much forever. I've also started doing the molten front dailies every day for the chance to get the scorchling companion out of the bag. Gonna be a while I think.
Damn, have you been reading this? 264 pages man.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4879017939

I thought this post on page 271 was pretty much in line with my feelings on the matter.
You need to be very careful with words like "deserve", or phrases like "[casuals are] allowed" when it comes to World of Warcraft. I believe LFR is bad for the game for a myriad number of reasons, but not because certain people don't "deserve" to play content; I would never support a system that segregates people for no legitimate reason, purely because I believe that everyone should be given the opportunity the do what they like.

Herein lies the rub:

"Equality" doesn't mean everyone's equal as far as concerns me, because people aren't equal. Trying to make them so has failed every time it's been tried, often with severe humanitarian consequences. But providing people with equality of opportunity is a virtuous part of any civilized society, and everyone who picks up the game (or anything else) should be afforded the same opportunities, come what may.

Of course, whether they choose to take those opportunities or not is entirely up to the person. The onus is on them to take the ball, and run with it. This is my gripe with the current raid model that is essentially designed to get people through; irrespective of how good they are. When the game provides a challenge, then chooses to lessen or remove it, the game loses depth and cheapens the experience.

As much as you want to belittle people for it (which is Draztal's chosen route all too often), humans are extraordinarily likely to resent those who attain what they do for less effort. For proof of this, simply look at the welfare system in the United Kingdom and the poisonous impact limitless hand-outs are having on communities.

Sure, this is only a game. But it's still human beings between chair and screen.

Blizzard would do well to remember that.

Rokam

God damn you LFR looting system. Rogue has 2 of the daggers off Deathwing, it drops and he wins a 3rd. MoP can't get here soon enough... at least they way I don't have to see them rolling just to be a dick.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
God damn you LFR looting system. Rogue has 2 of the daggers off Deathwing, it drops and he wins a 3rd. MoP can't get here soon enough... at least they way I don't have to see them rolling just to be a dick.

Why do that to yourself? If I was still playing I'd just do it, get it over with, and not pay attention to who gets it unless it's me.

It's stupid blizzard wont implement the new system now, but at least we know awareness and opinions forced change for the next tier.

Enosh

Man, the UI is too obtuse for me. Or I'm too obtuse for it. Whichever means that it's too complicated. I can't seem to figure out how to just make two damned squares bigger, lol!
I am sucking hard at phase 4 of this fight. Vids make it seem so easy. Going to keep trying later this week.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBLUzkYnHJ8

good video (imo) explaining the mod, how it works, how to set up stuff to track different things etc
hope it helps

I thought this post on page 271 was pretty much in line with my feelings on the matter.

Haven't been following that thread so much, but that particular post is quite eloquent and resonates with me. Getting everyone to do everything (or at least attempting/making it very easy to) doesn't make the game any better, especially in an MMO. You just end up dumbing down the entire game when you try and cater to the lowest common denominator when you should be aiming for the median. Though I suppose you get into discussions of protecting profit by (directly or indirectly) fostering an entitled
damn do I hate using this word when referring to gaming, but it's appropriate here
behavior/attitude in some players.

It's really kind of a lose-lose situation for Blizzard, and they have to decide where to cut their losses. I'm not sure what solid data, if any, they really have on the matter though, or if they're just going off some sort of gut instinct.

aesop

So, the latest post on MMO Champion lists VP gear. I thought they were dumping VP gear to let us spend our points bumping our ilevels? Also, grinding out the VP to buy that gear isn't good enough as now you'll have to be at least revered with various factions to spend it.

strafer

So, the latest post on MMO Champion lists VP gear. I thought they were dumping VP gear to let us spend our points bumping our ilevels? Also, grinding out the VP to buy that gear isn't good enough as now you'll have to be at least revered with various factions to spend it.

I think they dropped the whole upgrade thing, I really liked that idea though.

Why do that to yourself? If I was still playing I'd just do it, get it over with, and not pay attention to who gets it unless it's me.

It's stupid blizzard wont implement the new system now, but at least we know awareness and opinions forced change for the next tier.
What is changing in the looting system in MoP?

Entropia

No One Remembers

In the LFR, right now, let's say you queue by yourself.

You get into the group and there's 8 people from the same guild. Typically all 8 of those people will roll NEED on something that they somebody in their group would benefit from. Let's say a caster DPS trinket drops, out of those 8 people 4 can roll need on it, 1 of them actually needs it/is an upgrade, and you need it as well. So now that person has himself and 3 other people rolling for it, his chances of winning of drastically increased.

In the new LFR, the jist of it is, is that you won't see who won what items. RNG will determine what item will drop and who wins it. There won't be a Need/Greed/DE roll like there is right now. The items get handed out automatically. You'll also only possibly receive items that are appropriate for your roll. So if you queue as a tank you can't win DPS items.

Ultratech

It's all explained in this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4736886/

But basically:
So, realistically, that’s really all you need to know to understand how it'll play out in-game. For those looking for more detail, here's what's happening behind the scenes:

-The boss dies.
-Each player has a chance to win loot, independent of the other players.
-For each player who wins loot, the game randomly assigns them a spec-appropriate item from that boss’s loot table. This subset contains only items that the game (meaning the designers in this case) thinks are appropriate for your class and current spec.
-Notice that you aren’t rolling Need or Greed. You don’t have an option to Pass. The game just says “Take this.”
-You can’t trade this item, or that would defeat the purpose of removing the social pressure on groups of strangers. If you don’t want the item, you are free to vendor, delete, or disenchant it.

I think they dropped the whole upgrade thing, I really liked that idea though.

Hadn't heard anything else about it myself. Who knows?

Measley

Wow, I never thought I would hate the new totem system so much. It's just an absolute mess, and not a whole lot of fun. I actually prefer the old system thanks to Call of Ancients that allowed me to drop 4 totems at once. Also they were always there, sort of like stationary pets. Now they're more like stationary cooldowns and you have no way to properly organize them when you need them in a fight.

Also why the hell are there still elemental limitations on totems? For example, I can't use Stone Bulwark Totem and Earth Grab totem at the same time because they're both Earth totems. :-/

Tier three talents need to be completely redone, because every Shaman is going to need Totemic Projection and a way to refresh their totem cooldowns.

I'm so disappointed. I went from a possible reroll from my Shaman to a definite reroll.

so i found out some of my coworkers are on another server. All my real friends from my current server quit playing. I'm thinking of transfering to their server. I already started a character over there. Place seems cool so i was thinking of transfering one of my alts to the server as well, load him up with some gold and some heirlooms for leveling. Will a server transfer allow that? Are there limits to what I can bring over?

My god, that sounds awesome.

I am so sick of winning an item and then getting a bunch of whispers asking if I really need the item, or if I'd sell it, or that I don't need it as much as they do, etc.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
so i found out some of my coworkers are on another server. All my real friends from my current server quit playing. I'm thinking of transfering to their server. I already started a character over there. Place seems cool so i was thinking of transfering one of my alts to the server as well, load him up with some gold and some heirlooms for leveling. Will a server transfer allow that? Are there limits to what I can bring over?
From http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/character-transfer-disclaimers-and-faq-part-1#q11:

What will transfer with my character?
  • Items and equipment (in bags and equipped)
  • Gold
  • Purchased bank slots and items contained within
  • Pets
  • Achievements and Achievement Points
  • Void Storage
  • Your hidden ratings (MMR, BG Rating, etc) will be transferred along with your character
  • Honor, Justice, Valor, and Conquest points
  • Lifetime honor ranking
  • The Guardian Cub pet
What will not transfer with my character?
  • All quest/character progress – your quest log will be cleared completely.
  • Character friends and ignore list will be reset.
  • User interface settings (macros, character-specific key bindings, etc.) may be affected.
  • Your guild affiliation and tabard design (unless you are performing a Guild Master Realm Transfer).
  • If transferring to a different World of Warcraft account, pets or mounts purchased from the online store (except the Guardian Cub) will not transfer.
  • The Item Restoration service cannot restore any items a character deleted, vendored, or disenchanted prior to performing a transfer. For this reason you should complete item recovery before transferring.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just found out that monks are able to equip Twin blades of Azzinoth. Looks like I'll be doing a hefty amount of BT runs at 90.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I just found out that monks are able to equip Twin blades of Azzinoth. Looks like I'll be doing a hefty amount of BT runs at 90.
I assume you mean the two individual Warglaives of Azzinoth and not The Twin Blades of Azzinoth (which can be wielded by any class)? Also, why this change to a legendary item?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Rösti;40830110 said:
I assume you mean the two individual Warglaives of Azzinoth and not The Twin Blades of Azzinoth (which can be wielded by any class)? Also, why this change to a legendary item?

I... don't really know what you are talking about. I meant warglaives, yeah, those are the only actual "azzinoth" weapons that exist in the game. There is no "twin blades" that can be equipped by any class, there are just datamined/gm items that don't really count.

As for the change, it keeps with precedent. They added DK to the list of equippable classes when wrath launched as well.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I... don't really know what you are talking about. I meant warglaives, yeah, those are the only actual "azzinoth" weapons that exist in the game. There is no "twin blades" that can be equipped by any class, there are just datamined/gm items that don't really count.

As for the change, it keeps with precedent. They added DK to the list of equippable classes when wrath launched as well.
Oh yeah, I didn't remember death knights were added. As for the glaives, I merely asked as I wasn't sure about the name, I don't expect Blizzard to make The Twin Blades of Azzinoth "available" (remember, Karatechop on Vek'nilash-US obtained Martin Fury back in the Ulduar days) to players. Also, there are actually four Azzinoth branded weapons/items in the game. The two glaives, Bulwark of Azzinoth (shield) and Shard of Azzinoth (dagger).

My god, that sounds awesome.

I am so sick of winning an item and then getting a bunch of whispers asking if I really need the item, or if I'd sell it, or that I don't need it as much as they do, etc.

Oddest thing I encountered regarding this was a pair a gloves that dropped I thought I didn't need. So I chose greed and didn't think anything of it. (I'm laid back about loot. If I win it - cool. If I don't... then that was just how things went. The only thing I have ever gotten upset with was pet RNG rolls. *chuckles* )

After the rolls happened, someone opens up the trade window with the gloves and goes "you need these more than I do". Sure enough, I went back and noticed that I was wearing 379 when I thought I had already gotten 384 gloves.

Dude didn't want anything for 'um. Just wanted to make sure they went to someone that could use them. I appreciated it too. I can see how it'd be annoying though if some guy wins something you see he doesn't need and he does a behind the scenes trade like that.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
*nostalgic tears*

Does Blizzard even still do these?
You mean patch trailers? Well, they did one for patch 4.3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yz4ebjZCPg&feature=plcp

It's not that deep though and focuses little on the characters and more on footage of the actual raid encounters. Also, doesn't the trailer contradict lore by claiming the Dragon Soul is "the greatest weapon ever forged"? Sure, it doesn't say "most powerful" but I don't see there being any other meaning. I've always though the now shattered Gorshalach is the greatest weapon ever.

Westlo

Just accidentally added black tabby to my pet collection on my bank alt... FML... thank fuck for account wide pets from MOP onwards... that's the second time I've done that.. first enchanted lantern and now black tabby.. like 13k in pets gone to waste by misclicking...

Just accidentally added black tabby to my pet collection on my bank alt... FML... thank fuck for account wide pets from MOP onwards... that's the second time I've done that.. first enchanted lantern and now black tabby.. like 13k in pets gone to waste by misclicking...

May as well pimp out the bank alt. Get the pimp cane and hat, diamond ring, motorcycle, etc.

;D

Entropia

No One Remembers
Rösti;40831337 said:
You mean patch trailers? Well, they did one for patch 4.3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yz4ebjZCPg&feature=plcp

It's not that deep though and focuses little on the characters and more on footage of the actual raid encounters. Also, doesn't the trailer contradict lore by claiming the Dragon Soul is "the greatest weapon ever forged"? Sure, it doesn't say "most powerful" but I don't see there being any other meaning. I've always though the now shattered Gorshalach is the greatest weapon ever.

Yeah, I don't find that nearly as fun or exciting as that 1.11 trailer ;(

I must know what looks like a pimp cane and a pimp outfit for my bank alt.

I'll link them later if no one else does. About to go out right now. I'm pretty sure you get the cane from the bag of fishing treasures from the Northrend fishing daily. There are multiple versions of the hat I think though.

I was watching my Burning Crusade DVD and they were showing clips of this theater/stage environment with a large organ nearby and a worgen on stage threatening players.

Where the hell was that?

Berordn

I was watching my Burning Crusade DVD and they were showing clips of this theater/stage environment with a large organ nearby and a worgen on stage threatening players.

Where the hell was that?

Karazhan. The theater has one of three possible encounters every lockout, Little Red and Big Bad being one of them.

Karazhan. The theater has one of three possible encounters, Little Red and Big Bad being one of them.

Thanks! Never been there but it looks interesting.

Side note: Anybody else notice the new Feat about the SCII Heart of the Swarm CE pet being a fucking BANELING!? I'm pumped.

Top Bottom