• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

strafer

Does anyone know if there is a hood that looks like this?

AECCw.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm almost positive it's from BC, maybe even vanilla, but beyond that I'm drawing a blank.

strafer

Yeah, that's Gul'dan and not a player, found that picture on Wowhead.

So I guess the gear is not obtainable, the hood atleast.

For the shoulders I need High Warlord or some shit.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah, that's Gul'dan, found that picture on Wowhead.

So I guess the gear is not obtainable, the hood atleast.

For the shoulders I need High Warlord or some shit.

The shoulders you can get dirt cheap from legacy honor vendors. They only required rank back in the original pre-BC pvp system. They do require you to be a warlock, though.

Edit: looks like I'm wrong. They are currently only available from a vendor in netherstorm and you need the rank. Weird, I could have sworn you could get lvl 60 pvp gear from honor vendors in org.

strafer

The shoulders you can get dirt cheap from legacy honor vendors. They only required rank back in the original pre-BC pvp system. They do require you to be a warlock, though.

But I was thinking about Transmogging and can't do that with the old sets.

That's why I was wondering if there was a head that was similar.

Anoregon

Yeah, It looks like you can get the blue-quality lvl 60 pvp gear for honor in org, but I've heard you can't transmog it. Only the special ones from having the old rank can be.

Yeah, It looks like you can get the blue-quality lvl 60 pvp gear for honor in org, but I've heard you can't transmog it. Only the special ones from having the old rank can be.

Which is incredibly lame and it's difficult to understand the thinking behind it.

I got so excited when I finally found the perfect helm for my mage, only to find out I will never be able to get it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Which is incredibly lame and it's difficult to understand the thinking behind it.

I got so excited when I finally found the perfect helm for my mage, only to find out I will never be able to get it.

There's a guy somewhere in Blizzard that's really angry about the time he spent poopsocking to Rank 14 6 years ago :lol

I'm still kinda upset about the huge advantage old PvPers have/had in getting reputation for the earlier BGs via the turn-ins. WSG especially, but AB to a lesser extent. AV is easy enough.

They really need to do a big PvP revamp sometime I think to make BGs more interesting and shake everything up. Add carrots that can be progressed to at a reasonable rate besides gear. Rated BGs just sort of fizzled on impact. Yeah, I'd like to work on it eventually and grab at least one rank title and the fancy wardog, but the whole system so stupidly against anything but highly organized groups requiring a level of skill and coordination much greater than 10-man raiding that it's exceedingly difficult to get in to. A system for individual ranking/queuing for rated BGs would be appreciated.

Ultratech

Yeah, that really is kinda annoying. Oddly enough, I should've had a rank on my Hunter, since I started him back in Vanilla (wasn't high-ranked, maybe like 6-7?).

*shrugs* Who knows? Not a big deal to me really.

There's a guy somewhere in Blizzard that's really angry about the time he spent poopsocking to Rank 14 6 years ago :lol

Given the amount of time/effort needed to get Rank 14, I'd probably be pissed too in retrospect.

But I was thinking about Transmogging and can't do that with the old sets.

That's why I was wondering if there was a head that was similar.

I'd get Mogit and search through the helms in there. You may be able to find something similar.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

Given the amount of time/effort needed to get Rank 14, I'd probably be pissed too in retrospect.

I remember the guys in my old guild who got rank 14. They would run groups with the guild and would sleep between queues. They would have someone scream over vent really loud when it popped. I remember them doing that for an entire month straight just to get the last few ranks, never really leaving their computer desks.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
In all fairness, I don't think you needed to get to 14 in order to mog the relevant pieces of equipment.

mileS

lol I don't have the beta so I guess I can't really speak much on this buuuut. The latest build notes make me lol.

Just about every hunter ability in the book - damage reduced by 30% random other thing also nerfed in this ability

Other classes - damage reduced by 7% (at most) buff everything else.

Like I said, don't have the beta and sure its within reason, but its hilarious to read. I don't think theres a single hunter damaging ability that wasn't nerfed by at least 20%. Like seriously.. nerf steady shot? it has and im sure still hits like a wet noodle.

Fjordson

Wow. Fooling around at the Darkmoon Faire right now, I had no idea it got such a huge revamp, haven't participated in years. This is pretty cool.

lordmrw

lol I don't have the beta so I guess I can't really speak much on this buuuut. The latest build notes make me lol.

Just about every hunter ability in the book - damage reduced by 30% random other thing also nerfed in this ability

Like I said, don't have the beta and sure its within reason, but its hilarious to read. I don't think theres a single hunter damaging ability that wasn't nerfed by at least 20%. Like seriously.. nerf steady shot? it has and im sure still hits like a wet noodle.

Hunter and Balance Druid damage was drastically higher than everyone else, sometimes as high as 20-30k above everyone. It was necessary.

ch0mp

If you go back a few patches hunters got some massive buffs. It's just balancing at this point and will continue for a while.

idlewild_

Hunters were absolutely destroying other classes, this was a much needed nerf/balancing. I'm glad that they hit the bonus damage more than the scaling, we've historically had a problem of too high bonus damage and not high enough AP/Weapon % modifiers to be competitive in later patches, so hopefully they have found a good place for us where they don't need to tons of rebalancing later to bring us back up to the other classes' level.

Ultratech

So apparently, I did something to appease the RNG Gods last night. I had luck going like none other.

A quick rundown of last night:
-Got the White Polar Bear mount from Storm Peaks! (I usually do the daily while hunting for Vyragosa/TLPD.)

-Managed to sneak into a Tol Borad battle and win like 30 seconds after I got in.

-Went to Black Temple with a small group (like 6-7) and got some neat stuff. Also FINALLY got my quests there complete, so I can warp to BT now. :D

-Outland Raider achievement. Woo. (BT was my missing raid.)

-Got my T6 Set mostly complete. (Guess I'm missing boots? Hardly a big deal.)

-Ran Tempest Keep, completed my T5 Set finally (was missing the chest piece).

-Ashes of A'lar dropped from Kael and I managed to win the roll with a 100!!!
We were shocked as hell it even dropped. (One guy managed to roll 99...that had to sting...ouch.)

-We then went on to beat on Malygos at the Eye of Eternity (pretty funny fight since we got poor Malygos down to like 10% before Phase 3). Guess what drops? Black Ice, baby!
So I got yet another awesome item. (Too bad once Mists hits, I won't be able to show it off as much.)

The Crimson Whelpling dropped for me last night...over 25k market price on my server, but did I sell it? Hell no! I'm going to take it into battle next month. I was so surprised because I was expecting the Dark Whelpling to drop, which it still hasn't.

Unrelated question: Could I run Zul'Aman in normal mode to get the bear mount and quest reward 24-slot bag? Or are these items only available in Heroic mode?

Anoregon

I'm still butthurt over how fucking ugly the currently attainable ZA mount is. It's like one of the designers hated the idea of adding it back to the game and gave it an atrocious color scheme out of spite.

The Crimson Whelpling dropped for me last night...over 25k market price on my server, but did I sell it? Hell no! I'm going to take it into battle next month. I was so surprised because I was expecting the Dark Whelpling to drop, which it still hasn't.

Unrelated question: Could I run Zul'Aman in normal mode to get the bear mount and quest reward 24-slot bag? Or are these items only available in Heroic mode?

Just made me realize how close the expansion actually is!

I'll probably resub exactly one month before it drops. Maybe 3 weeks. Depends when the event stuff goes live.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So apparently, I did something to appease the RNG Gods last night. I had luck going like none other.

A quick rundown of last night:
-Got the White Polar Bear mount from Storm Peaks! (I usually do the daily while hunting for Vyragosa/TLPD.)

-Ashes of A'lar dropped from Kael and I managed to win the roll with a 100!!!
We were shocked as hell it even dropped. (One guy managed to roll 99...that had to sting...ouch.)

No words can express how jealous I am of you right now.

Anoregon

If I won an A'lar roll, I would immediately sell it to the highest bidder in the raid. I don't find it aesthetically pleasing at all, and if it wasn't super rare I don't think many other people would find it terribly appealing either.

If I won an A'lar roll, I would immediately sell it to the highest bidder in the raid. I don't find it aesthetically pleasing at all, and if it wasn't super rare I don't think many other people would find it terribly appealing either.

I've always thought it was the coolest looking mount in the game! This is coming from a person who played Warcraft III and frequently used the Phoenix spell on the Blood Elf hero.

Ultratech

I'm still butthurt over how fucking ugly the currently attainable ZA mount is. It's like one of the designers hated the idea of adding it back to the game and gave it an atrocious color scheme out of spite.

Yeah, it looks like crap compared to the old mount.
I also hate how you STILL can't tame those damn bears in ZA (you used to be able do it within a short period during the PTR for ZA...then they took away their Tamable status).

I've always thought it was the coolest looking mount in the game!

Same here, I've always thought of it as one of the coolest looking. There's a guy in my guild who's got one as well (though he's a crazy mount collecting fanatic...).

I still remember from BC when it was pretty much the Holy Grail of Flying Mounts.

I'll have to put up a pic later, since I took a pic with me on it beside the purple one you get from the Guild Cata Raid achievement.

Magnus

I'm trying Kael now on my shadow priest. Can get to phase 4 easily. At that point, the incoming damage from Kael and his phoenixes quickly overwhelms me. I'm watching solo videos, and just don't understand how these priests are eating so much damage and barely losing health. They don't disperse anymore than I do, saving them for Pyroblasts of course, and I have my bubble up as often as they do (practically all the time).

I get ripped apart within 30s of the start of the phase and they make it look so easy, lol. I'm in 384ish RF gear. These videos are from 10 months ago, so they couldn't have been in anything better than heroic FL gear.

Anoregon

Jesus christ, those really sell for 20,000+?

Angry Grimace

It's hard to complain about "nerfs" that never really existed since this is all just test numbers.

I have 9k tops haha. Link to exploit pls?
I like how if you buy a duped item (knowingly or not), Blizzard takes the item from you but doesn't give your gold back either.

Top Bottom