• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Rokam

Except the whole reason this debate comes up is because even the hard modes are subject to ridiculously deflating blanket nerfs for the sake of EVERYONE seeing them. I doubt most people who call the game too easy haven't gotten to experience it (since at this point nearly everyone who wants to has done so with that kind of completion rate). If it worked as you noted (the logical way) there wouldn't be issues.

Bingo, I'd be willing to bet that quite a few of those complainers haven't done a bit of raiding outside of LFR>

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
And damn, the sound when you cast Chaos Bolt, sounds like you're cooking up a nuclear bomb or something.

I FACKING LOVE IT.
I kinda hate the way new Chaos Bolt looks. It's silly.

MedIC86

i really love the changes to minor glyphs....i've been playing MOP beta few days now, its so friggin' good. Been a long time since i've been this hyped for an xpack.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Man so glad I got a rig now that can run WoW on max. So pumped for the next xpac. The new zones look amazing.
Well, max settings can only be achieved by configuring Config.wtf in certain ways. Have you done that or are you simply running every in-game setting at highest level?

sazzy

Rösti;40916566 said:
Well, max settings can only be achieved by configuring Config.wtf in certain ways. Have you done that or are you simply running every in-game setting at highest level?

Can you post details of the config file please?

Dakota47

Rösti;40916566 said:

What extra settings can you do through the config file? Never fiddled with that tbh.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
What extra settings can you do through the config file? Never fiddled with that tbh.
Basically all of these: http://www.wowpedia.org/Cvar#Graphics

Here's what I use on the PTR servers currently, just as an example (I have a low-end graphics card):

SET videoOptionsVersion "4"
SET gxApi "D3D11"
SET gxWindow "1"
SET widescreen "0"
SET gxMaximize "0"
SET Sound_MusicVolume "0.40000000596046"
SET Sound_AmbienceVolume "0.20000000298023"
SET nearclip "1"
SET rippleDetail "0"
SET reflectionMode "0"
SET environmentDetail "0"
SET SSAOBlur "0"
SET textureFilteringMode "0"
SET terrainLodDist "100"
SET wmoLodDist "100"
SET Gamma "1.000000"
SET terrainTextureLod "50"
SET weatherDensity "0"
SET movieSubtitle "1"
SET screenshotFormat "tga"
SET screenshotQuality "10"
SET ChatMusicVolume "0.29999998211861"
SET ChatSoundVolume "0.39999997615814"
SET ChatAmbienceVolume "0.29999998211861"
SET VoiceActivationSensitivity "0.39999997615814"
SET Sound_EnableMusic "0"
SET Sound_MasterVolume "0.5"
SET Sound_SFXVolume "0.60000002384186"
SET Sound_EnableDSPEffects "0"
SET shadowTextureSize "2048"
SET uiScale "0.64999997615814"
SET farclip "500"
There are many settings left out of this document. Graphics and audio settings affect performance the most. Set the file to "Read only" so the program doesn't overwrite your preferences when you launch it.

RPGCrazied

Darn. Thanks guys. I loved going to Northrend at 68 with my toons. 2 less levels in Outlands. I thought it would be the same for Pandaria.

Rösti;40916566 said:

I'm running everything on high. Any suggestions? I have a quad core athlon 64 running at 3.6ghz, 12 gigs of ram, etc.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Darn. Thanks guys. I loved going to Northrend at 68 with my toons. 2 less levels in Outlands. I thought it would be the same for Pandaria.

If there were 10 levels, I would imagine it woudl be 2 levels under.

Kinda lame that RAF bonuses work for monks though (and allow them to get realm firsts). It means spending extra money is the only way you're going to win that one.

Not sure if I'd want to try going for a realm first of any kind (be it professions or classes) this time. I probably wouldn't get it if I transferred before launch (and I'm pretty sure there's still a window there for a month or three where you can't get realm first achieves.)

If anything, my best shots would be something that you can do super fast (like fishing), or something where there's less competition. Max inscription, for example, wasn't reached until at least a few days after launch in Cataclysm on my server. Was decently close to winning that one unexpectedly, and I probably could have if I had focused on it. The last bit was just super expensive at the time.

I could probably win leveling for a less played class. DK I was 24th and 205th overall on my server last time, though DK was a more competitive class.

Angry Grimace

Kinda lame that RAF bonuses work for monks though (and allow them to get realm firsts). It means spending extra money is the only way you're going to win that one.

Not sure if I'd want to try going for a realm first of any kind (be it professions or classes) this time. I probably wouldn't get it if I transferred before launch (and I'm pretty sure there's still a window there for a month or three where you can't get realm first achieves.)

If anything, my best shots would be something that you can do super fast (like fishing), or something where there's less competition. Max inscription, for example, wasn't reached until at least a few days after launch in Cataclysm on my server. Was decently close to winning that one unexpectedly, and I probably could have if I had focused on it. The last bit was just super expensive at the time.

I could probably win leveling for a less played class. DK I was 24th and 205th overall on my server last time, though DK was a more competitive class.

It's incredibly hard to win Realm First class achievements anyways.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Are the dwarf(I think they were first?) remodels going to be live at MoP launch, or is that coming in a later patch?

They're going to release them all at once from what i know, and we have no idea when. It may as well be the expansion AFTER MoP.

Rösti;40909610 said:
To make sure everything is correct, launch BackgroundDownloader.exe (by default in\Program Files\World of Warcraft).

*image*

I don't know why the program claims the download will take seven hours, it usually takes twenty minutes for me.

Good call. Just double checked and it said it was completed. :)

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Are the dwarf(I think they were first?) remodels going to be live at MoP launch, or is that coming in a later patch?

They had said that if they were going to be new models at launch it'd probably be human or dwarfs. Blizz hasn't talked about it since then, though, and no one has seen anything in the beta. They'll most likely not be there for launch and will be spread out for future patches.

Berordn

They had said that if they were going to be new models at launch it'd probably be human or dwarfs. Blizz hasn't talked about it since then, though, and no one has seen anything in the beta. They'll most likely not be there for launch and will be spread out for future patches.

They've said they'd rather get the original 8 races updated at the same time rather than spread it out, so expect that to happen in one of the major content patches for MoP, if at all.

Angry Grimace

They aren't going to update races til next expansion minimum.

Westlo

It's silly for them to include redone races at the same time as launching a new race, that would stop a lot of people race changing to pandas. But yeah next expansion seems the most likely time unless they want/need something big for one of the content patches down the line.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's silly for them to include redone races at the same time as launching a new race, that would stop a lot of people race changing to pandas. But yeah next expansion seems the most likely time unless they want/need something big for one of the content patches down the line.

I think a content patch may be likely. From the looks of the last content patch they are kinda realizing a raid and some quests each patch isn't quite enough.

It's silly for them to include redone races at the same time as launching a new race, that would stop a lot of people race changing to pandas.

I do not see why that would be silly. Will the game suffer in any way or form if most people stick with their old characters instead of rolling pandas?

Angry Grimace

I do not see why that would be silly. Will the game suffer in any way or form if most people stick with their old characters instead of rolling pandas?

It's a pointless hypothetical; they haven't done it yet.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
New models are going to bring race and faction changes, it would prob be more money than panda race changes alone, but doing it separate would maximize both probably.

Westlo

I'm not talking about the game, I'm talking about $$$ for Blizzard.

You know a lot people will race change to Pandas, for the new animations, much better models as well as the racials. Now next expansion or 5.3 in 14 months time or whatever when the 10 old races get updated and the Panda racial is nerfed guess what's going to happen? By staggering release of updated old models they will get a lot of people who firstly change to Pandas and than later back to their old race or whatever they think looks best now.

It's just a question of when they pull the trigger... if MOP doesn't bleed subs like Cata than probably next expansion unless they're feeling generous. If MOP bleeds I'm sure we'll get it in a content patch. lol if people think this has nothing to do with $$$, when Blizz damn well know that letting Monks be affected by RAF is going to get a lot of "2nd accounts" from a certain crowd. If they weren't all about $$$ they wouldn't have let Goblins, Worgens and now Panda's be targets to change race to from day 1.

Tarazet

Hit 85 on my Boomkin yesterday, then farmed some leathers with my Mage friend and got capped out on LW with a full Vicious Wyrmhide set to show for it (save the gloves, I bought a 378 epic on the AH for 200 gold). Feels good to finally make it to endgame. Took me about a month of on-again, off-again since work has been a constant pain in the ass.

M.D

Nope it ended back in May.

Shit... seemed like a good deal if I wanted to start playing WoW (although I wanted to do that for years, but that might have pushed me.. only I didn't have enough money to pay for a year subscription back in May or earlier)

When do Blizzard games usually drop in price (Diablo 3)?

BTW, Is there a EU GAF Guild?

RPGCrazied

I think I'm going to go ahead and get the CE. I need a new mousepad anyway. Though I might not be able to order until first week or so of September. I hope amazon still has some. Its funny, you can buy the Cataclysm CE right now for $68 on amazon. But Wrath and Burning Crusade are still expensive as fuck. I wonder which way MoP CE will go after time.

I have the BC and Cataclysm CE's. I want Wraths, but damn, its like several hundred dollars.

Top Bottom